• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia Eagles

Started by GB1987, November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Quote from: Silverstine on February 16, 2011, 11:12:55 am
I agree PP.  Over the years, every team in the 5A west has developed schemes to stop it. On paper it's a very complex offense to stop on defense but in reality, all a defense has to do is plug the holes in the line by filling gaps and it shuts down the whole offense.  If you never use your ends in a passing game out of it then it's completely one demensipnable.  Plug the holes with backers an shut down the outside. STOPPED.

The same thing is true about the triple option attack Vilonia ran last year. Stop the veer and key knowles. The only time vilonia passed it was when they through a 50 yard bomb downfield and prayed for rain.  It doesn't take a COMPLETE genius to run an offense.

Good points. My beef all year was to throw some to the ends. Instead our passing game was basically  a few hail mary's each game on third and long.  So many times teams played off our wideouts by almost 10-15 yards because they knew we would not attempt those short passes. Some quick slants would have done wonders against the hard west teams. Henderson has a good arm for the short game with his accuracy from I have heard. We return 3 year starters from the backfield in Sax, Weidi, and Lewis. If we could mix in some short/med passing we could have a deadly O???

TTofGreenwood

Watch out for the PISTOL! :o.... Tice is rolling through the West with it!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

3up3down

Deepcoverage, again I like the pistol
I honestly think it will be a very long season with so many seniors leaving, but the idea of a little more short game is great

If Silverstine is correct and we try the pistol it will be exciting to watch

There is a bunch of different options out of that offense you can do it is reading the D by the QB
that I saw Oregon QB do when beating Boise

vtown22

Running the pistol could open up offense a little more...But don't know how good line will be this year...There are a couple decent linemen but not many returning

DeepCoverage

I think maybe 2 returning, but a couple good ones ready to play

Paw-Paw

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on February 17, 2011, 08:59:00 am
Watch out for the PISTOL! :o.... Tice is rolling through the West with it!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I just found their PLAY-BOOKS online! LOL LOL

InYoGrill

PP, you are TOO fascinated with the awesomeness of THE V. You need to work on getting your Dales to
beat your BIG brother over there in your county, LOL!

3up3down

Paw-Paw

Quote from: InYoGrill on February 18, 2011, 08:17:21 am
PP, you are TOO fascinated with the awesomeness of THE V. You need to work on getting your Dales to
beat your BIG brother over there in your county, LOL!

Not in the same county, but you are right about The Dales needing to gear up for the Finale this fall.

TTofGreenwood

ZZZZZZ.........ZZZZZZZZ........ZZZZZZZZ.......

Father Guido

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on February 19, 2011, 02:29:31 pm

Exactly!  Can't wait til football season rolls around.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: Father Guido on February 19, 2011, 05:31:14 pm

I enjoy baseball season (HS, the Hogs, & professional), but yes I am already missing FOOTBALL. Football is what my father and I use to have an excuse to get out of the house and go watch the Razorbacks play on Saturdays.

Father Guido

February 20, 2011, 12:27:11 pm #212 Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:30:57 pm by Father Guido
Quote from: Paw-Paw on February 19, 2011, 05:36:00 pm

I enjoy baseball season (HS, the Hogs, & professional), but yes I am already missing FOOTBALL. Football is what my father and I use to have an excuse to get out of the house and go watch the Razorbacks play on Saturdays.

Doesn't the fact that we are even reading a VILONIA thread just SCREAM boredom?

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Father Guido on February 20, 2011, 12:27:11 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

InYoGrill

Padre, eat a quick Sonic cheeze dog and go back to your temple. You have cast sinful sarcasm at me and my V brethren. You need to ask for forgiveness.

InYoGrill

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on February 20, 2011, 12:43:30 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NOW THAT'S FUNNY!

TT, you ride shotgun with Padre over to the Dawg house and make yourself right as well.

TTofGreenwood

OH please forgive ye PISTOL lover...I must humbly ask for extra tots and chili at Sonic...!

Paw-Paw

Boredom? I thought it was sympathy!

DeepCoverage

You guys need sympathy, living that close to the Oklahoma line--

How is the water

Paw-Paw

February 20, 2011, 09:02:20 pm #219 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 02:01:01 am by Paw-Paw
Quote from: DeepCoverage on February 20, 2011, 08:52:05 pm
You guys need sympathy, living that close to the Oklahoma line--

How is the water

Brown: Just the way we like. Especially when the Beaver Lake turns over! That water right there can have a "unique" taste within itself.

3up3down

It is called sewage or waste water

Paw-Paw

Quote from: 3up3down on February 20, 2011, 09:39:07 pm
It is called sewage or waste water

Just take your pick because it looks/smells the same.

Father Guido

Quote from: InYoGrill on February 20, 2011, 01:14:01 pm

Padre, eat a quick Sonic cheeze dog and go back to your temple. You have cast sinful sarcasm at me and my V brethren. You need to ask for forgiveness.

WHO is being sarcastic?  I just call em like I see em.  (...and OBTW, just to be safe, I talked this over with the boss, and, well, I'm OK....he pretty much feels the same way...The Heavens ARE Blue, you know.  Not gonna go in to what color is associate with the OTHER place. That ain't no coincidence, brother. )

InYoGrill

Quote from: Father Guido on February 21, 2011, 10:34:55 am
Quote from: InYoGrill on February 20, 2011, 01:14:01 pm

WHO is being sarcastic?  I just call em like I see em.  (...and OBTW, just to be safe, I talked this over with the boss, and, well, I'm OK....he pretty much feels the same way...The Heavens ARE Blue, you know.  Not gonna go in to what color is associate with the OTHER place. That ain't no coincidence, brother. )

Hehehehe.. Eat dawg vomit Padre. Go Eagles!!

RD™

You know I seem to remember, Harrison on here chest thumping about bringing the vaunted Pistol to the 5A West.

TTofGreenwood

See earlier post.....You are right...

RD™

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on February 21, 2011, 05:29:27 pm
See earlier post.....You are right...
Vilonia can have it, our defensive coaches will be screaming out the plays before they even run them just like they did this season. It's like we had Stanley's head set ;)

DeepCoverage

was it that difficult to figure out

By the way which of your 30 coaches are defensive coaches

RD™

Quote from: DeepCoverage on February 21, 2011, 09:29:56 pm
was it that difficult to figure out

By the way which of your 30 coaches are defensive coaches
We only have 8 coaches.

DeepCoverage

February 21, 2011, 09:45:39 pm #229 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:47:50 pm by DeepCoverage
I was referring to the ones on the field not the press box or the baseball team

DeepCoverage

TTofGreenwood

February 21, 2011, 10:06:44 pm #231 Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:08:35 pm by TTofgreenwood
Tell me about it...It sure sucks buying all those STATE CHAMPIONSHIP rings!!!!!!!!

3up3down

3up3down

Quote from: GB1987 on November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am
What happened to the Vilonia Eagles this year with all the talent they had at hand? Any college athetes or D-1 players on team?

This is how the thread started

I have not heard a word from this GB1987 since

Paw-Paw

Quote from: 3up3down on February 22, 2011, 08:03:21 am
Quote from: GB1987 on November 17, 2010, 11:46:30 am
What happened to the Vilonia Eagles this year with all the talent they had at hand? Any college athetes or D-1 players on team?

This is how the thread started

I have not heard a word from this GB1987 since

Doesn't want to do the research and expects this FF Board to do the work! LOL. Like you said, the kid posted/started this thread and hasn't come back.

InYoGrill

To answer that brier cat, we had the talent to do better than we did but we just didn't get it done.  Not on the same field as GW, plain and simple fact. QB Knowles will go to Henderson ST, DE Thomas to OBU, and DB Mitchell to OBU.  Not bad at all as you see we had some real talent out there on the field. Several other SR football players will get offers in state to play baseball and track before the end of the year.

RTR

First things first....If Vilonia refers to themselves as War Eagles I will personally go poison every tree within a mile of the stadium.

Second...The only reason V-town is considering the pistol is because we haven't ever heard of the shotgun.

RD™

Quote from: RTR on February 28, 2011, 08:18:13 pm
First things first....If Vilonia refers to themselves as War Eagles I will personally go poison every tree within a mile of the stadium.

Second...The only reason V-town is considering the pistol is because we haven't ever heard of the shotgun.
LOL i forgot you were a Tide fan.

InYoGrill

Quote from: RTR on February 28, 2011, 08:18:13 pm

"WAR EAGLE" -JK!  and btw I see your trees are recouping from the TP shower, lol! They got you good.

DeepCoverage

something is going on around here, spill the beans

windbox

From what my son has told me from the rumors going around, some of the boys that played football their junior year will not be playing their senior year.  Does anyone know why???????

TTofGreenwood

TTofGreenwood

Hogskin

Talking to the coaches they got thier feelings hurt, because they were going to have to work for thier postions, and most of the ones not playing were sissy little baseball boys

Lifer

Quote from: Hogskin on May 23, 2011, 11:21:56 am
Talking to the coaches they got thier feelings hurt, because they were going to have to work for thier postions, and most of the ones not playing were sissy little baseball boys
I don't think that is the case. Hope those boys reconsider and come back. If they don't then best of luck to them. We will still field a team next fall. GO EAGLES GO!!!!

3up3down

Feelings hurt, I don't think so.
Fight for a position, I don't think so.

Good luck filling their positions.

Go Eagles!

3up3down

Quote from: Hogskin on November 30, 2010, 08:17:44 am
All of u sound like idiots. I watched a lot of vilonia film this year evaluating talent and the coaches did a great job with what they have. maybe in your backwoods world u had great players but they are very average and only one was a legitiment d-1 guy the rest have no hope. U have no speed size or athletic ability compared to other top notch schools. After talking to stanley the main reason we stopped recruiting a few of the players was thier lack of effort and exicution in practice. Coach at the Jr level was the main reason he pointed to for the lack of basic football knowledge having to be retaught

Are you serious

Coach D

Quote from: Hogskin on May 23, 2011, 11:21:56 am

Which coaches did you speak with Hogskin?

Silverstine

Feelings hurt? Baseball sissys? HAHA. That's funny right there.  I'm on the high school squad at vilonia and I as well as a lot of other players understand.  They were good friends and always will be.
I'm sure they have their own legitimate reasons and it's no ones place to shoot accusations.

GO EAGLES!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas