• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question

Started by boogercat, January 03, 2019, 02:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boogercat

So how come there isn't a space for all the basketball standings, scores, names the coach, and schedules on here like there is with football on here when you go to the team pages.

ricepig

Quote from: boogercat on January 03, 2019, 02:16:20 pm
So how come there isn't a space for all the basketball standings, scores, names the coach, and schedules on here like there is with football on here when you go to the team pages.

I guess because they don't want to change the name to Fearless Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday. That, or it would take a lot of work by someone, Which is understandable.

hsindian

Also a lot harder to keep up with. 2.5 times more games in basketball plus a lot of smaller divisions that don't have football.

Moonshiner

Because it's a football site in a state where football is King.
I do agree with you that someone should do the same for the other sports.  Since everyone is required to use Max Preps, all the information you suggested is already there.
But....it's not my site.   I am thankful for what we do have though. 

sevenof400

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 03, 2019, 07:09:06 pm
I do agree with you that someone should do the same for the other sports.  Since everyone is required to use Max Preps, all the information you suggested is already there.

Not just no - but NO!

Max Preps is the effluent emanating from a septic tank. 

boogercat

I wouldn't mind putting something together to see how everyone likes it. Kinda pointless since y'all say this is a football site. It's off season and football talk is limited not much basketball. If we going have a football site only why have a board for basketball just not to be left out? It just would be good to see all the basketball standings of each conferences and not have to guess and look at the newspaper.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 03, 2019, 07:09:06 pm

I did it for 3 or 4 years on 1a-3a before the maxpreps era....would be surprised at the number of people that wanted to criticize my work, but didn't want to help 🤷

HorseFeathers

Quote from: boogercat on January 03, 2019, 08:34:41 pm
I wouldn't mind putting something together to see how everyone likes it. Kinda pointless since y'all say this is a football site. It's off season and football talk is limited not much basketball. If we going have a football site only why have a board for basketball just not to be left out? It just would be good to see all the basketball standings of each conferences and not have to guess and look at the newspaper.

Do it for 1 of the boards I'm a moderator on, and I'll sticky it to the top

sevenof400

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 03, 2019, 10:07:13 pm
I did it for 3 or 4 years on 1a-3a before the maxpreps era....would be surprised at the number of people that wanted to criticize my work, but didn't want to help 🤷

I know that feeling too HorseFeathers....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 04, 2019, 10:30:49 am
I know that feeling too HorseFeathers....

The worst part is when they'd say team X has the wrong record....and you'd lay it out game by game and ask what am I missing, or lay out the games that I didn't have scores for...and all you'd get is IDK but you're wrong

Moonshiner

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 03, 2019, 07:51:49 pm
Not just no - but NO!

Max Preps is the effluent emanating from a septic tank.

Can't disagree with you there.  I was being a little sarcastic

sevenof400

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 04, 2019, 11:38:51 am
Can't disagree with you there.  I was being a little sarcastic

I'll admit it sort of struck a nerve with me because I've had school administrators make the claim that Max Preps was sufficient for game reporting purposes. 
And then of course, their school's results were either NOT reported or were wrong.

Moonshiner

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 04, 2019, 04:56:38 pm
I'll admit it sort of struck a nerve with me because I've had school administrators make the claim that Max Preps was sufficient for game reporting purposes. 
And then of course, their school's results were either NOT reported or were wrong.

I guess it's better than the nothing we were doing before though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas