• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers chapel boys

Started by old.dole, May 02, 2017, 10:22:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

old.dole

Anyone heard any chatter around this one yet

FisherOfMen11

Who was their coach and anyone know why he is leaving? Anybody who is a favorite for this one?

old.dole

Took the Conway Christian job I believe to get closer to home. Saw them give Bearden a good run in the district tournament

basketballcoach15

Should be a nice amount of young coaches from the area apply for this one.

old.dole

Heard through the grapevine interviews will be next week and early the week after

PapaHog

Had a few interviews this week I believe. Finish up next week. I'm going to assume the guy from Caddo Hills applied for this job and interviewed well? :D

basketballcoach15

I haven't heard any names tied to this job. Has anyone else heard anything?

old.dole

I think they are interviewing 5 or 6. I know they should have one tomorrow and 2 early next week. I'm sure they will try and name someone by Friday. I haven't heard who is interviewing yet

Gateraide

Has the caddo hills guy applied for every job out there? I keep seeing this comment! Why does he want to leave there so bad?

PapaHog

I was being ugly. I've seen him linked to so many jobs. Just thought I'd beat someone to the punch.

Gateraide

I was thinking the same thing! Seems like he's paid someone to talk him up on here!

old.dole

He has not only applied but has also been the man to beat on almost all of them as well

Gateraide

From what I've heard about him he is quite full of himself

old.dole

Have you heard who all has applied for this one?

AirItOut21

This one has been kept pretty close to the vest. This is a very underrated job

Gateraide

Is this Mark Young's old spot? Read he was headed to Hampton to take over football .. was thinking he was a pic bball coach but he may be the girls.. if so that's both getting new coaches this year

old.dole

Ables is football at Hampton so if he is going there is wont be for head football. The boys coach was trey lynch who took the Conway Christian job

PapaHog

How are interviews going? Supposed to finish up tomorrow.

PapaHog

This thing should be about wrapped up.

old.dole

Anyone know when the board meeting for this one is?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Gateraide on May 12, 2017, 10:43:09 pm
Is this Mark Young's old spot? Read he was headed to Hampton to take over football .. was thinking he was a pic bball coach but he may be the girls.. if so that's both getting new coaches this year

Young was the girls Coach. He's going to Hampton to be an assistant in football. He is from there. His wife works at Hampton; I believe. He was just waiting on his daughter to graduate from PC before he moved on.

Rida4Life

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 16, 2017, 05:30:42 pm
Young was the girls Coach. He's going to Hampton to be an assistant in football. He is from there. His wife works at Hampton; I believe. He was just waiting on his daughter to graduate from PC before he moved on.

Close, Young's wife if from Hampton.... he is originally from somewhere in North Louisiana I believe.  He did coach at Hampton previously though.

PapaHog

I heard an offer was made on this job btw.

Rida4Life

That's what I heard as well.  I think there was a board meeting last night so some news ought to be coming soon.

AirItOut21

May 17, 2017, 10:13:39 am #24 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:29:58 am by AirItOut21
When someone sees it posted publicly can you reply on this thread so that I can update the 2017 coaching board?

Anyone mind giving me a heads up by PM?

bear for life

The new head basketball coach at parker chapel is Joshua Langley graduate of Bearden an former assistant at Camden fairview

old.dole

I've seen his kids play before. I think chapel is going to be very pleased

PapaHog

Definitely a players coach. Kids like to play for him.

PapaHog

How are things going so far with the new Coach?

old.dole

Heard from a lady at church the kids really like him so far

Rida4Life

Chapel should be a contender in AA this year.  Lot's of size and shooters galore.  Maybe not as much team speed as Coach Langley is used to seeing but they can definitely light up the scoreboard when they get hot.

old.dole

I think they will end up a top 10 if not top 5 this year. I wouldn't over look them like most probably will

PapaHog

I need to see them beat Bearden.

trojanman

That matchup will be like the clash of the titans this year

trojanman

That matchup will be like the clash of the titans this year

PapaHog

I've seen chapel get hot from deep. They can beat anybody if they shoot it like they did that game I saw.

trojanman

Will have to get back and make bearden run a offense instead of letting them run the floor and shoot lay ups

old.dole

Good luck with that. It can be done tho

bear for life

The best part about it coach Langley from Bearden him and Bearden coach are classmates go bears win district again

old.dole

I bet there will be some text messages exchanged that week lol

trojanman

Coach L aint going to worry about bearden until district tournament. one game at a time over here

SouthBall

Looks to be the best team we've had since Burton, also i think they're ready to finally to take down Bearden this group has been trying every year since Jr. High. I'll bet a hot nickel this is the year they do it. #OMAMAMA

bear for life

No sir Bearden will whoop pc again

trojanman

that wasnt a "whoop"ing last year. Yall won a hard fought game and thats what you will be getting again this year. i hope yall have your mentality next year and things will go differently

PapaHog

Just going to take discipline to beat Bearden. PC has the talent. Langley gonna have to get them to just be patient and smart. Easier said than done against Bearden, but everybody knows the game plan to beat the bears.

bear for life

lol we will cut the Nets down in your gym this year you guys can't run with us

trojanman

run with you? we running track or playing basketball? We got some guys that didnt play last year that have come out ince we have a new coach. difference maker type kids. No 2a team in the state has our depth

NWA Hawg

Quote from: trojanman on September 21, 2017, 12:16:59 pm
run with you? we running track or playing basketball? We got some guys that didnt play last year that have come out ince we have a new coach. difference maker type kids. No 2a team in the state has our depth

Are you serious??

trojanman

who else has 12-16 guys you can put on the floor at any given time and feel comfortable?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: trojanman on September 21, 2017, 02:37:55 pm
who else has 12-16 guys you can put on the floor at any given time and feel comfortable?

No one including Parkers Chapel

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas