• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predictions week 8

Started by stuck in between, October 16, 2017, 11:07:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

October 16, 2017, 11:07:32 am Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:12:11 am by stuck in between
With week seven over and done there is little doubt left that the Mount Ida Lions are still King of the jungle in the 7-2A. The Mountain Pine Red Devils have showed that they should be at worst a three seed. While the Gators of Foreman are licking their wounds from being handed their first loss of the season and fighting for that number two spot. That leaves the Mineral Springs Hornets, Lafayette County Cougars and Spring Hill Bears battling over the numbers four and five slots, with Spring Hill owning the head to head over Lafayette County and having what appears to be the easiest schedule ahead of them having already played Mount Ida, Mountain Pine, and Foreman. Mineral Springs has a date with Foreman this week and Lafayette County still having to face two of the three. Sadly, for Murfreesboro and Dierks one of these two teams may not get a win until week ten.

Mount Ida @ Dierks – A match up of the best verse quite possibly the worst (will be determined week ten). Ida is much to the 7-2A that Alabama is to the SEC. Everyone chases after them but they are rarely caught.  I highly doubt the Lions will be tested until the semifinals. Simply put, just an awesome team to watch. They do what they do very, very well. Dierks on the other hand is struggling. Looks like the 2017 season will be the worst they have experienced since Fearless Friday has been in existence. I think most knew it would be a down year for the Outlaws, but it being this bad was unforeseen. The Outlaws did manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat last year and leave Mount Ida with a win, but even if they had David Copperfield on their team they still wouldn't have enough magic to pull this one off.  Ida wins handily 35+.

Mountain Pine @ Lafayette County – The Red Devils are the feel-good story of the year for the 2-A. Stringing together six wins in a row and sitting tied at number one with Mount Ida in the conference standings. No doubt a Cinderella story so far for the Red Devils, but they better enjoy this week cause the clock strikes twelve for them when the final whistle blows as they will face off against Mount Ida and Foreman the next two games. Lafayette County took advantage of a staggering Outlaw team last week outscoring them by 29 points and getting win number two for the year. The Cougars are still very much in the playoff hunt, but a win against Mountain Pine would help their cause. It's a long bus ride back to the land of the pine, but I think it will be a happy one. I say Red Devils by 16.

Spring Hill Vs. Murfreesboro – Although the Bears only have one conference win they are still alive in the playoff picture. Having played the three toughest opponents already the Bears could finish the year with three straight wins. The Rattlers on the other hand seem to be in a competition with Dierks to keep their perfect record going. Things are bad at the diamond mine and I believe a Bear team will be looking to take advantage of Murfreesboro's misfortune. Bears get their third win of the season by 20.

Foreman Vs Mineral Springs – The Gators left what was thought was going to be a very good game last week with their tails between their legs. Although it looked like it could go either way after the first quarter it quickly got out of hand. On a positive side, the only thing that was seriously injured was their egos. Will they be able to bounce back after such a devastating loss? Mineral Springs has put together two wins in a row against a couple of winless teams, but you can bet that the Hornets confidence has been boosted by this and they will be playing at a higher level than earlier this season. I would have much rather played this game before the Hornets got their stingers out, but I still think the Gators take care of business and prove to everyone that they are a top team in the state. Gators on Senior night by 21.

COACH-Mike

I don't even think Mineral will show up to the swamp.  We cant swim and that tradition rich program that has beaten us 3 times in the last 16 tries scares us to death.

stuck in between

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 16, 2017, 04:04:12 pm
I don't even think Mineral will show up to the swamp.  We cant swim and that tradition rich program that has beaten us 3 times in the last 16 tries scares us to death.

Glad you finally decided to show up after all the crowing you did during the off season regarding the hiring of the almighty David Bennett and how he is going to turn that program around. How is that going for you? I did hear that a couple of players will be back this week after their incident on the school bus. "High times" there in Mineral Springs I hear.

hornets23byers

I think we got a great coach at mineral it will take a yea or two but when there is a summer weight program installed and with everything he's already done here I think it's a bonus win or lose things have changed for the good and the kids are held to a different standard than what they are use to being . Yes kids mess up but atleast they are being disciplined and nothing slid under the bus as before ..

BigBob

Nothing was slid under the bus... it was Lit up on the bus.  ;D ;) High times. LOL! Gotta love mineral springs and the standard they have.

COACH-Mike

Quote from: stuck in between on October 16, 2017, 04:24:33 pm
Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 16, 2017, 04:04:12 pm

Glad you finally decided to show up after all the crowing you did during the off season regarding the hiring of the almighty David Bennett and how he is going to turn that program around. How is that going for you? I did hear that a couple of players will be back this week after their incident on the school bus. "High times" there in Mineral Springs I hear.
I'm still proud of the coach we got and the job these guys are doing.  The future is bright and yes we will be High on success.  We might have everyone available for this one.  Good luck to you tweener!

Stinger

Foreman struggled with the last staff--enough said

tacklethis...

Quote from: Stinger on October 17, 2017, 06:41:11 pm
Foreman struggled with the last staff--enough said

Aside from Mt Ida I think every one in the 7-2A could say the same thing...

Highcenter

Quote from: BigBob on October 17, 2017, 08:05:34 am
Nothing was slid under the bus... it was Lit up on the bus.  ;D ;) High times. LOL! Gotta love mineral springs and the standard they have.

(Class 2A Bulletin Board Material / Re: Chapel hosts Springhill (Week 2)
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:16:00 pm »
Not much to be excited about when our best athletes can't stay outta trouble.)

Classic "Pot calling the kettle"

Do you remember posting that BigBob? 

Kids without structure will sometimes make bad choices. Mineral has a coach now that is instilling structure and kids are being held accountable. I hope SH is heading the same direction.

BigBob

Back talking a teacher and doing drugs are two completely different things to let slide. I'm glad he's trying to change it at the place. It's been needing to happen for years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas