• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5-2A

Started by panther_forever, October 14, 2017, 04:11:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

panther_forever

Whats the standings now?

ExemplaryChimp

Exemplary Chimp here... it does not matter what the standings are. Conway Christian will win the conference and the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

ExemplaryChimp

Sorry to break it to you buddy, but ever since mtn pine left the conference, Cove has been the cupcake team of the conference

FoxandHound34

Magnet Cove then a mess lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: panther_forever on October 14, 2017, 04:11:33 pm
Whats the standings now?

1. Magnet cove 4-0
2. Hector 3-1
3. Conway Christian 3-1
4/5. England/Poyeb 2-2

MagicMike

1. Magnet Cove 4-0 29 points
2. Hector 3-1 27 points
3. Conway Christian 3-1 31 points
4. England 2-2 26 points
5. Poyen 2-2 18 points
6. Bigelow 1-3
7. Quitman 1-3
8. CMS 0-4

MC controls its own destiny
CC can force a 3 way tie but with MC and Hector havign small margins of victory, CC can prettty much lock up 1st with a sizable win over MC

Cove Man

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on October 14, 2017, 04:32:26 pm
Sorry to break it to you buddy, but ever since mtn pine left the conference, Cove has been the cupcake team of the conference

You're hilarious.

panther_forever

Quote from: ExemplaryChimp on October 14, 2017, 04:32:26 pm
Yeah since magnets the only team in the confrence thats stil unbeaten

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: MagicMike on October 14, 2017, 05:15:34 pm
1. Magnet Cove 4-0 29 points
2. Hector 3-1 27 points
3. Conway Christian 3-1 31 points
4. England 2-2 26 points
5. Poyen 2-2 18 points
6. Bigelow 1-3
7. Quitman 1-3
8. CMS 0-4

MC controls its own destiny
CC can force a 3 way tie but with MC and Hector havign small margins of victory, CC can prettty much lock up 1st with a sizable win over MC
Your last part isn't technically true. If Hector has more playoff points then MC in a 3 way tie then it goes to head to head which Hector beat CC, which means Hector would be the 1 seed. Only way CC gets the 1 seed is to beat MC and then Hector be 3rd in playoff points

MagicMike

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 14, 2017, 06:20:08 pm
Your last part isn't technically true. If Hector has more playoff points then MC in a 3 way tie then it goes to head to head which Hector beat CC, which means Hector would be the 1 seed. Only way CC gets the 1 seed is to beat MC and then Hector be 3rd in playoff points

Thats true. England Hector is the 2nd biggest game left in the 5

panther_forever

What about magnet and the cove

MagicMike

Quote from: panther_forever on October 15, 2017, 12:50:18 am
What about magnet and the cove

I predict they will consolidate to make one school

BigLion10

Friday nights game is a big one standing wise

panther_forever

Haha i ment to say magnet and cc

CCEAGLES22

Winner of CC and Cove is basically the champ.  I think CC will win out

BigLion10

If Hector beats England and CC beats MC it's a 3 way tie for first or if England wins Friday night and MC beats CC it's a three way tie for second lol

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: CCEAGLES22 on October 15, 2017, 04:38:16 pm
Winner of CC and Cove is basically the champ.  I think CC will win out
Not true

bearfan

If CC beats MC by more than 2 points they will win the conference

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bearfan on October 15, 2017, 09:42:02 pm
If CC beats MC by more than 2 points they will win the conference
Not if it's a 3 way tie and Hector and CC are 1 and 2 in playoff points. Hector wins it by head to head

Wildcatalumni21

If CC beats MC and Hector beats England by more than 3, then Hector will be the #1 seed, CC #2, and MC #3

Alien

October 15, 2017, 10:51:14 pm #20 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:55:27 pm by Alien
Rule 14 on page 61 of the AAA handbook deals with situations when more than 2 teams have the same conference records. If Magnet Cove, Hector and Conway Christian all end up 6-1 in conference, then it comes down to who has the most tiebreaker points. Right now Conway Christian has the most points at 31 BUT all three teams have 3 games left. The maximum tiebreaker points that a team can get with a win is 13. By the way, they all would share a part of the conference championship but this Rule is just for state tournament seeding.

mrknowitall

October 15, 2017, 10:56:59 pm #21 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:01:25 pm by mrknowitall
If there is a 3 way tie...

I'm just putting numbers in. Have no clue who has what...

All 3 teams are 6-1...

Mc has 21 points
CC has 24 points
Hector 23 points

You take the top 2 points...lowest total is kicked out

CC and HECTOR...and go to their head to head...

Hector gets 1
CC 2
Mc 3

They would all be "TRI CHAMPIONS"

Hawgpilot

Quote from: mrknowitall on October 15, 2017, 10:56:59 pm
If there is a 3 way tie...

I'm just putting numbers in. Have no clue who has what...

All 3 teams are 6-1...

Mc has 21 points
CC has 24 points
Hector 23 points

You take the top 2 points...lowest total is kicked out

CC and HECTOR...and go to their head to head...

Hector gets 1
CC 2
Mc 3

They would all be "TRI CHAMPIONS"

Under that scenario, CC has the most points currently.  Still games left to be played and it will work itself out.

mrknowitall

It doesn't matter who has the most...the top 2 stay, lowest gets kicked out...then goes head to head

bulldog

PERFECT TRIANGLE...Each team has beaten one of the other teams but not both.
Rule 14. FOOTBALL TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE.
A. If two teams tie, and one of the teams has defeated the other in a regular schedule conference game, the winner shall be declared the conference play-off representative. Three or more tied teams shall first be considered in sets of two-way ties.
B. If two teams tie and the tied teams split or have not played each other in a conference game (no round robin) the team with the greater sum of winning margin using the following point system, shall be the play-off representative.
C. If more than two teams remain tied after applying (A) above, the following point system shall be used to eliminate all but two teams. Tabulate the sum of the winning margins of each team's conference games as indicated in the following:
1. If the margin of victory is more than 13 points only 13 points shall count.
2. Losses shall be tallied as 0 (zero) points.
3. Forfeited games. Offended teams shall receive 13 points when tabulating the sum of the winning margins for breaking conference ties.
D. After tabulating the sum of the winning margins, all teams except the two with the greater sum shall be eliminated, and the selection process shall begin again with paragraph (A).

IF
Conway Christian beats Magnet Cove and Hector beats England then you have a PERFECT TRIANGLE.

Hector over Conway Christian
Magnet Cove over Hector
Conway Christian over Magnet Cove

Tri Champions

Playoff Seedings would go to Tie Breaker rules.
Low Points would be the 3 seed.
Final 2 teams would decide seedings by Head to Head.

HorseFeathers

Blows my mind how many times this has already been explained in the thread, and some still don't understand it...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 16, 2017, 02:59:43 am
Blows my mind how many times this has already been explained in the thread, and some still don't understand it...
I decided it was a lost cause and pointless to try and keep reiterating it

Proud Buckaroo

HF, It's the same story every year. Just a different poster.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 16, 2017, 05:02:20 am
HF, It's the same story every year. Just a different poster.

Oh I know

Hawgpilot

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 16, 2017, 02:59:43 am

Not everyone aspires to know all things related to high school football.  Some have more important tasks like running multi million dollar companies.  Kuddos to you guys.  Bet you make your small town communities proud. ::)

BigLion10

Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 16, 2017, 07:44:31 am

Not everyone aspires to know all things related to high school football.  Some have more important tasks like running multi million dollar companies.  Kuddos to you guys.  Bet you make your small town communities proud. ::)
Dude sober up its Monday  ;D

Cove Man

All this TIE talk is a waste of time. Magnet Cove will finish undefeated in conference. Hector will win out to finish second, and Conway Christian is third. There will be no ties to break.

HorseFeathers

October 16, 2017, 08:56:10 am #32 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:02:46 am by HorseFeathers
Quote from: Hawgpilot on October 16, 2017, 07:44:31 am

Good for you...glad to know your arrogance is important to you

Btw the tiebreaker had been explained SIX times before you posted...

Eaglefan70

CC will beat Magnet Cove.  CC had a subpar game vs Hector and didn't deserve to win and Hector pulled it out.  Granted CC didn't have starting running back and a couple injuries.  This past week the injured have all recovered and the running back is back.  The passing game tho still not great has increased tremendously.  The biggest question mark for CC is their defense and the fact it has been subpar all season.  Magnet Cove will push our D line around and it'll become a shootout but if CC is motivated I think the get a groove going passing the ball and beat Magnet late in 4th.

BigLion10

denvercat

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 16, 2017, 08:56:10 am
Good for you...glad to know your arrogance is important to you

Btw the tiebreaker had been explained SIX times before you posted...

Come on man, not everyone knows every single rule in high school football. Guess you have to have nearly 30,000 post on a high school football forum to be that intelligent.  :o

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas