• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Predictions Week 7

Started by stuck in between, October 09, 2017, 11:28:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

October 09, 2017, 11:28:33 am Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:39:16 pm by stuck in between
With only three weeks left in the regular season the Rattlers and Outlaws both (0-6) are still searching for their first victory, while the Lions (6-0) or Gators (5-0) are about to be handed their first loss. The middle is jumbled up with a group of over achieving Red Devils (5-1), under achieving Hornets (1-5), and Cougars (1-5), while the Bears (2-4) are enjoy their time in a weak conference. It looks to me to be the most evenly matched week in the 7-2A, so therefore there should be some good games played.

Dierks Vs. Lafayette County – The Cougars were not able to get their feet underneath them last week as they suffered their worst loss of the year against Foreman. There is little doubt that they have the speed that is needed to compete, but I'm afraid after what I saw in last week's game they are ready for round ball. If a staggering Outlaw team can jump on them quick they will duck their heads and let them have their way. I had thought after seeing Dierks play in week 5 that they had what it took to break into the win column against Mineral Springs, however that was not the case as they came up 18 points short. This one could depend on who scores first. Whichever team gets the lead will probably hold it throughout. The Outlaws played the Gators the toughest so I'll go with them by a touchdown.

Mineral Springs Vs. Murfreesboro – The Hornets finally did what many had expected weeks earlier and that was win. Scoring a season high of 40 while allowing a season low of 22. Mineral should build on their 18-point win over Dierks as they take on a Rattler team that has given up more points than any other 2-A team in the state. This game should be another confidence booster for Mineral and keep them in the playoff hunt. I'll go with the Hornets by 14.

Mountain Pine Vs. Spring Hill – The Red Devils have taken the 7-2A by surprise this year. After a week one loss to Jessieville they have not looked back going 5-0 in their last five games. The Red Devils have also shown some grit by coming from behind in their last two contests if I am not mistaken. The Bears are fresh off from a 57-7 beatdown issued by Mt. Ida, but won their first conference game in which they took the field since week one of 2015 when they beat Lafayette County by the slimmest of margins in week five. If things go as I think they will this game could determine the three and four seeds come playoff time. Mountain Pine is playing good ball right now. Red Devils by 16.

Mount Ida Vs. Foreman – If this game lives up to its hype it will be a good one. Before the first kickoff of the season both teams had week seven circled and both have managed to remain focused and will come into it firing on all cylinders having been untested so far. Defending state champion and top ranked Mount Ida will enter the game boasting five mercy rule victories including one shut out as Foreman has had five mercy rule wins and two shut outs. Mount Ida defense has only allowed 6.6 points per game while their offense has been putting up 43. Foreman defense has been equally as stingy only allowing 7.2 points whereas their offense has averaged 50 points per contest. Mount Ida is the home team and favorite and should be. However, the Gators feel as though they let the Lions slip by them last year with a one-point loss and are determined to get their revenge. People have already analyzed this one to death as to why their team should win, but when it comes down to it as evenly matched as the two teams are it could very depends on who wants it more. Throughout my predictions I have tried to remain unbiased and again will do so. Both teams should make good runs into the playoffs, but I am forced to give the nod to the home team. Ida by 3. I will be cheering for the Gators come Friday and hoping I have to eat crow as a midnight snack. Go Gators!!

southarkdaddy

Gosh this conference is way down.  But Foreman and Mt Ida are not.  Thats a heavyweight championship fight

tacklethis...

Unless I saw it wrong the score of the Dierks/mineral game was 40-22.

However it was much closer than that. Dierks was driving with 4 minutes left down 6. They had a chance to win late just couldn't get it done.

Eslim03

I'm between you missed on two games this week. LC will win at deirks. Foreman will win at Mt. Ida. What would make you think that Mt . Ida is better ? Please if your a gator fan please tell me.

Eslim03

Look in between you know who I am and I'm from here unlike you for you  to talk about tradition since 2000 go ahead but this community has plenty of tradition the you know nothing about. The gators will win Friday I have no doubt.

FilmCrew

Since 2000 Foreman has won 26 games...Tradition yes, of winning...NO!

Mount Ida has won the 9 of the last 10 games against this tradition rich community.

Eslim03

Glad you chimed in film crew. No has foreman had been traditions rich  since 2000 but prier to that I don't know of my Ida beating foreman in crap including coachs' whites era. Can't remember mt. Ida bearing the gators in anything.

Eslim03

I know when I grew up it was coach whites high school years they didn't beat foreman in nothing go ask him about foreman tradition you young pup.

Eslim03

Tradition goes beyond 2000 bro. Foreman has had some very good teams over the years. Also we will beat you Friday so get ready it's coming.

RabidWolf

Well. Someone struck a nerve....

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 09, 2017, 09:54:32 pm
Look in between you know who I am and I'm from here unlike you for you  to talk about tradition since 2000 go ahead but this community has plenty of tradition the you know nothing about. The gators will win Friday I have no doubt.

See this is a statement that will hard to go back on.

FilmCrew

Every time I read a post from Eslim03, I hear Otis from the Andy Griffith show.

BlueNGold52

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 10, 2017, 07:22:08 am
Every time I read a post from Eslim03, I hear Otis from the Andy Griffith show.

Well at least its a "Classic" ;D

lionsdad

Did Bo move to Foreman? Eslim is your last name dawg?

couch-coach06

The past is the past .. there will be a new top dog in the 7 after Friday night book it ..

BlueNGold52

I have no doubt that Foreman is good. Hopefully their players aren't drinking the kool-aid because all I hear is how good they are if they believe Friday nights game is already won I expect they are in for a long night. There is no doubt they are good but being humble will get them further just my opinion. That pretty much goes for the Lions as well if Foreman shows up focused should be a defensive struggle and a great game fewest mistakes wins this game should be close throughout.

FilmCrew

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 10, 2017, 08:16:33 am
The past is the past .. there will be a new top dog in the 7 after Friday night book it ..

Game day baby !! Final prediction gators 26 lions 20!!.....

I think you sang the same song last year just a different verse... The problem about forgetting the past is it will only come back to haunt you.

couch-coach06

Yep and I was pretty close .. gave y'all all you wanted and then some .. when your 3rd string full back and middle line backer are in the game and you get beat by 1 holding the eventual state champion too one of its lowest point totals of the season .. it's a pretty good night

FilmCrew

I hope it is just as close as long as Mount Ida comes out with the the W. It was an awesome game last year and I hope it lives up to the hype this year.

Good Luck and safe travels Friday.

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 10, 2017, 08:16:33 am

Yes with another win Mountain Pine will be the new top dog in the 7. And tied with the winner of the Foreman/Mt. Ida game.

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 09, 2017, 09:54:32 pm

I never said anything regarding tradition. Just like you I would love to see the Gators pull this one off and will be there cheering for them, but choose to be humble. Do I think this is a winnable game? Yes, I most certainly do, but I do realize when you are playing the #1 ranked team in the state at their place you will be the underdog. These were my predictions as a unbiased fan not a fan of a particular team. I hope that I am wrong and you are right.

fleaflicker24

Hate to disagree with your picks stuck in between but Foreman will beat Mount Ida and I'm goin with Spring Hill over Mountain Pine...  I'm sayin Foreman will win state as long as they stay healthy! Good luck to both teams!

stuck in between

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on October 10, 2017, 07:08:41 pm
Hate to disagree with your picks stuck in between but Foreman will beat Mount Ida and I'm goin with Spring Hill over Mountain Pine...  I'm sayin Foreman will win state as long as they stay healthy! Good luck to both teams!

I like the way you think! Once again do not confuse my selection for where my allegence lies. When making these I try to do it from an outsiders perspective and am wrong close to as many times as I am right. Hopefully this too is one of those times. One thing for sure what I predict has absolutely no bearing on the games. For entertainment purposes only.

jsw6f0

No way fleaflicker that Spring Hill beats Pine. I'll take Mt Ida 34-24 over foreman. I think Ida defense will be good enough to stop them and Ida offense will chew up the clock and March down the field. I don't know much about tradition but I know it was Mt Ida 42 foreman 0 after the first quarter in 08. I know that has zero to do with this game but an interesting fact.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: jsw6f0 on October 10, 2017, 10:42:58 pm
No way fleaflicker that Spring Hill beats Pine. I'll take Mt Ida 34-24 over foreman. I think Ida defense will be good enough to stop them and Ida offense will chew up the clock and March down the field. I don't know much about tradition but I know it was Mt Ida 42 foreman 0 after the first quarter in 08. I know that has zero to do with this game but an interesting fact.

Pine's schedule so far has been much weaker than SH's so records, to me, don't mean much... anxious to see how SH responds after that thumping by Ida.. and yes Ida will score some points but march down the field I'm not too sure of. Foreman, in my opinion, is a better team.

BigBob

SH better shore up that defense. Mountain pine has play makers on offense and they are firing on all cylinders. And the SH defenses is giving up on average 43 points a game. They've let good teams put up big numbers Foreman (42), Ida (57), Parkers Chapel (40) Mountain Pine in a shoot out 48-33.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: BigBob on October 11, 2017, 09:50:52 am
SH better shore up that defense. Mountain pine has play makers on offense and they are firing on all cylinders. And the SH defenses is giving up on average 43 points a game. They've let good teams put up big numbers Foreman (42), Ida (57), Parkers Chapel (40) Mountain Pine in a shoot out 48-33.

When you mention Foreman, Mount Ida, Parker's Chapel.... you can't possibly put those offenses in the same category as Cutter-Morning Star, Woodlawn, Dierks, or Mineral Springs. With that being said I don't disagree with you as far as the defense being shored up. As far as offense goes they may very well have play makers but they have surely played much inferior defenses.

BigBob

Very true. Mountain Pines opponents combined record is 6-20.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: BigBob on October 11, 2017, 09:50:52 am

I don't think Mt Pine is a good team or an explosive offense.  This is the first game where Mt Pine won't have the best player on the field.  Massanelli leads SH to a big win 42-28

ak58

Just from the little bit of film I've seen, Pine's defense doesn't tackle well at all. If the Bears can Take care of the ball and just play half way decent defense they can win. Not sure why there is a 24 point spread in Pines favor on Hootens. They haven't faced anyone worth a crap but maybe jessieville. And Mount Ida handle them 28-6. Key Rhodes will have a monster game! Watch

tacklethis...

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 12, 2017, 09:08:17 am
I don't think Mt Pine is a good team or an explosive offense.  This is the first game where Mt Pine won't have the best player on the field.  Massanelli leads SH to a big win 42-28

This is the funniest read Ive had this week...

fleaflicker24

Boy was I wrong about this game! I leave here scratching my head but at least that's better than the Bears because they couldn't even scratch their butts tonight!!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 12, 2017, 09:08:17 am

So, how did this one turn out? From the looks of the score someone did have an explosive offense....

southarkdaddy

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 14, 2017, 06:03:41 am
So, how did this one turn out? From the looks of the score someone did have an explosive offense....

Or maybe spring hill's defense is that bad.  They average giving up 38 a game and thats when good teams really take their foot off the gas.  We'll find out how legit Mt Pine is in coming weeks.  I've not seen them play I just struggle with thinking they are that good.  Plus their combined opponents records on wins is 7-35.  They haven't beaten anyone with more than 2 wins. 

Bigpoppie

Maybe Springhill just needs to play all their games at home where they have a little help.  Bismarck 1 point loss, Genoa 1 point win, Lafayette County 1 point win,  and im just gonna leave the ida game out bc........well not even some help would have kept that game close.  Ida is on a different level

tacklethis...

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 18, 2017, 11:31:25 am
Or maybe spring hill's defense is that bad.  They average giving up 38 a game and thats when good teams really take their foot off the gas.  We'll find out how legit Mt Pine is in coming weeks.  I've not seen them play I just struggle with thinking they are that good.  Plus their combined opponents records on wins is 7-35.  They haven't beaten anyone with more than 2 wins.

So then why did you pick Springhill to win?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas