• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison vs Parkers Chapel

Started by Risonwildcat212, October 08, 2017, 12:46:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Risonwildcat212

Cats look to improve after an unfocused, disappointing showing at Strong. Predictions and thoughts on the game please.

Wildcatalumni21

bear for life

Want be high scoring but rison wins

eldofan

Rison 35 Pc 18 . Pc is improving

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: eldofan on October 08, 2017, 02:52:43 pm
Rison 35 Pc 18 . Pc is improving
PC scored 6 pts on Bearden. Rison scored 54, had 2 turnovers, one of them going over the goal line, and you think they only score 35. Ok, everyone has their opinion.

old.dole

Different teams match up differently. I think the rison kids were more up for Bearden than they will be for Pc plus all the homecoming nonsense

eldofan

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 08, 2017, 04:10:49 pm
PC scored 6 pts on Bearden. Rison scored 54, had 2 turnovers, one of them going over the goal line, and you think they only score 35. Ok, everyone has their opinion.
yes the last time I checked that was what this board was for !!

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: eldofan on October 08, 2017, 04:34:27 pm
yes the last time I checked that was what this board was for !!
I didn't mean to sound condescending, really I didn't. I was sincere when I said everyone has their opinions.

MagicMike

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 08, 2017, 12:46:47 pm
Cats look to improve after an unfocused, disappointing showing at Strong. Predictions and thoughts on the game please.

Predictions and thoughts but I'm going to call you stupid when you give them

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: MagicMike on October 08, 2017, 05:00:52 pm
Predictions and thoughts but I'm going to call you stupid when you give them
I called no one stupid, all I did was state facts as a counterargument.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 08, 2017, 12:46:47 pm

Cats have this one by 28.

BlueCrew4U

Gonna be a tough matchup for Chapel but I think they can give the Wildcats a few problems Offensively. 
Rison 27
Chapel 14

trojanman

I believe we will give you guys a ballgame. I say we earn your respect after firday night!

gooze55

Quote from: trojanman on October 09, 2017, 10:33:01 am
I believe we will give you guys a ballgame. I say we earn your respect after firday night!
lol

Risonwildcat212

An interesting fact I just realized, Rison has only allowed 34 total points on the season. 6 those points came on the last play of the Lake Village game against the Wildcats 2nd and 3rd string.

Rida4Life

Rison probably wins this one.  But PC is healthy and hungry.  I think this one is closer than expected.

Cats 30
Trojans 19

dawg_days

SouthBall

Will be a tough one for Pc, if every single goes right for them they could win, but if it doesn't Rison wins 25-7

Rida4Life

Certainly PC has to play it's best game to win..... but anyone watching this team knows that they are getting better every week.
I saw Rison coaches in the PC stands Friday night.  They must be good enough to have their attention.  Just saying. 

We know Rison will be well prepared and they do what they do regardless of who lines up across from them.  But it's not outside of the realm of possibility that PC could have "that game" an pull the upset.
Not saying they will, just saying it's possible.

trojanman

Sure is quiet from the 8 posters this week?

eldofan

I think it's quiet bc most people aren't given us a chance . I just hope we come out healthy . I expect this to be a more physical game like Hampton .

Rida4Life

PC does have an open week next week.  I would expect them to be very healthy for Strong regardless of the outcome this week. 
Of course if you listen to the Wildcat faithful, we shouldn't bother making the trip because they've already decided the outcome.  Somehow I expect us to show up... in a big way.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 11, 2017, 10:23:38 am
PC does have an open week next week.  I would expect them to be very healthy for Strong regardless of the outcome this week. 
Of course if you listen to the Wildcat faithful, we shouldn't bother making the trip because they've already decided the outcome.  Somehow I expect us to show up... in a big way.

And let's not forget that the only time PC beat Rison they had a stud QB that dominated that night.
Wonder where he is now?

Oh yeah he's our Head Coach!!!!   ;D

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 11, 2017, 10:23:38 am
The "Wildcat faithful" expect to win games like this. Coach Totty has run the kind of program to win these games more times than not. Nothing else is tolerated at Rison. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm being honest. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 11, 2017, 10:33:27 am
The "Wildcat faithful" expect to win games like this. Coach Totty has run the kind of program to win these games more times than not. Nothing else is tolerated at Rison. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm being honest.
That's what happens when you have tradition. PC wouldn't know about that, they just strive to make the playoffs as the 5th seed and get beat in the 1st round

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 11, 2017, 11:06:02 am
That's what happens when you have tradition. PC wouldn't know about that, they just strive to make the playoffs as the 5th seed and get beat in the 1st round

You're from Hector right?  Do you want to talk about expectations pre-Tanner Gaines?  Go sit down somewhere.  I hope Magnet Cove runs it down your throat. 

As far as Rison goes, fans may take PC lightly, don't think for 1 second Clay Totty is letting his boys take them lightly.  If PC is going to compete, they will be competing with Rison at their best. 

BlueCrew4U

Go ahead and keep talking.  Our day is coming.... for now we will let you bask in your awesomeness.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 11, 2017, 11:10:06 am
As far as Rison goes, fans may take PC lightly, don't think for 1 second Clay Totty is letting his boys take them lightly.  If PC is going to compete, they will be competing with Rison at their best.
I think you said it perfectly.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on October 11, 2017, 11:12:27 am
Go ahead and keep talking.  Our day is coming.... for now we will let you bask in your awesomeness.
Our "Awesomeness" comes from decade upon decade upon decade of success. PC "awesomeness" apparently come from hiring a Coach who's most outstanding accomplishment was being the QB of the one PC team that beat an 8-4 Rison team at PC, and "dominating" them to a 3 point win.

Hgalum50

You're from Hector right?  Do you want to talk about expectations pre-Tanner Gaines?  Go sit down somewhere.  I hope Magnet Cove runs it down your throat. 

Last I checked Hector in the pre-Gaines era are doing quite well! They will be a force to be wrecking with in the playoffs.

Wildcatalumni21

October 11, 2017, 11:29:02 am #30 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:31:24 am by Wildcatalumni21

I'm mainly giving Rida a hard time cuz he was able to go on our thread and stir me up but looks like I was able to accomplish the same on here. But to enlighten you, before the Tanner Gaines era, with the exception of 3 years, Hector has always been in contention for conference championships. While in 3A in 2006 and 2007 we made it to the semifinals, losing at Harding Academy in double overtime, and Quarterfinals. Before that we was competitive year in and year out. Made it to the playoffs 13 years in a row from 1994-2007 with a couple conference championships. Has PC ever won a conference championship or even made it to the playoffs 13 times? Yes Tanner was an exceptional athlete, but Hector has been a steady program in the past and will continue to succeed.

southarkdaddy

Parkers Chapel hasn't had football 13 years.  Still won more games than Hector in 07-2011 despite playing in arguably the toughest conference in high school football. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 11, 2017, 11:40:11 am
Parkers Chapel hasn't had football 13 years.  Still won more games than Hector in 07-2011 despite playing in arguably the toughest conference in high school football.
Hahaha, of course you're gonna pick those years. I hope you do cuz we didn't have football one of those years. Yeah and you've also been a bottom dweller in that conference. We have a better record against the top teams in your conference the last couple of years than you do, including being 2-0 against you

eldofan

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on October 11, 2017, 10:25:50 am

And let's not forget that the only time PC beat Rison they had a stud QB that dominated that night.
Wonder where he is now?

Oh yeah he's our Head Coach!!!!   ;D
i remember listening to that game under my carport with the dad  of a former Pc player .

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 11, 2017, 11:26:18 am
Our "Awesomeness" comes from decade upon decade upon decade of success. PC "awesomeness" apparently come from hiring a Coach who's most outstanding accomplishment was being the QB of the one PC team that beat an 8-4 Rison team at PC, and "dominating" them to a 3 point win.

I said the QB dominated.... not PC.... go ahead and quote me but don't quote me out of context.
Keep doing that and someone might mistake you for a liberal!
Surely there aren't many of them in Rison!

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on October 12, 2017, 08:04:47 am
I said the QB dominated.... not PC.... go ahead and quote me but don't quote me out of context.
Keep doing that and someone might mistake you for a liberal!
Surely there aren't many of them in Rison!
I'm a massive liberal, and you obviously don't know Rison very well. That will be the last time i discuss politics on this board. Now back to football, I'm sorry I appeared to have misquoted you. What I should have pointed out is how obviously PC has the coaching advantage since their former qb turned coach has beaten Rison once.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 12, 2017, 10:25:54 am
I'm a massive liberal, and you obviously don't know Rison very well. That will be the last time i discuss politics on this board. Now back to football, I'm sorry I appeared to have misquoted you. What I should have pointed out is how obviously PC has the coaching advantage since their former qb turned coach has beaten Rison once.

How much you bench?

Rida4Life

Wildcatalumni21

JC Guy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 11, 2017, 11:06:02 am
Well PC it ain't quite anymore!!!

Risonwildcat212

MR#1

My not-so-bold prediction:

Rison 32
P-Chapel 6

Good luck to both teams, and Go Cats!

Risonwildcat212

Anyone know what kind of offense PC runs?

Hgalum50

They run spread with some pistol mixed in from what I have seen.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 12, 2017, 10:39:35 pm
They run spread with some pistol mixed in from what I have seen.
We've played 2 spread teams this season and their qb's took a beating. I don't really wanna count Baptist Prep though. They were just awful.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 12, 2017, 10:57:13 pm
We've played 2 spread teams this season and their qb's took a beating. I don't really wanna count Baptist Prep though. They were just awful.
Not to be biased, but on Risons schedule HG is the best spread team you will face.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 12, 2017, 11:02:29 pm
Not to be biased, but on Risons schedule HG is the best spread team you will face.
That is extremely true.

Dayton Kitchens

I predict that the tendency of fans of very powerful teams heavily favored to win will continue to start threads butching up their overmatched opponent to make the inevitable blowout seem more impressive.

Rida4Life

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 12, 2017, 11:48:37 pm
I predict that the tendency of fans of very powerful teams heavily favored to win will continue to start threads butching up their overmatched opponent to make the inevitable blowout seem more impressive.

I hereby nominate this as the best FF post ever!!!

Rida4Life

Quote from: JC Guy on October 12, 2017, 07:29:33 pm
Well PC it ain't quite anymore!!!

Still don't teach spelling in JC, huh?  That would be QUIET not quite

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas