• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville vs. Hackett

Started by littlejohns2000, October 05, 2017, 10:15:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

littlejohns2000

DnA Prostaff

2 great coaches, 2 good teams.... I think Danville has more athletes, I'm saying Little Johns but hoping Hornets!  Good luck to both teams!

Hornet4ever

Very interesting match up once again this year.... Honestly thought both teams would come into this game undefeated, but that's not the story like it was last season. Hackett can win this ball game, but they have to limit the big play potential. I can recall a few times last season we had Danville reeling, and let them score on big plays that would have been huge momentum swings. Danville had a long 3rd, or possibly even 4th down, we allowed a 30 yard touchdown catch in the end zone. We took over the game late, but allowed Danville to score again taking back over. I figure both teams will score, and it could go back and forth until the end.

This game will come down to who wants it more, less mistakes, and tackling. We didn't tackle well against Mountainburg, you can't do that and expect to win. Hackett has plenty of speed to burn, we wont be hurting in that department. I think we actually match up well in the speed part of the game, my question is if we can contain Danville and play smash mouth. Should be a good one! Always tough to win at Danville though, I've experienced that as a player and a fan.

Allen T

Hornet made some good points. Mistakes can make or break a team. Saw it first hand last year when we played Mt. Ida. We had our chances. Drove inside the 20 threw a pick, killed the drive. Missed a field goal that we've made several times that year  . Killed another drive. Whoever plays with less mistakes will win. If Hackett can stop Danville's run then they have a chance. Don't know much about the Hornets this year. Hornet seems to think they have a good bunch kids. Know it had to be hard to replace their QB from last year. He was quite good. Danville lost their QB as well. Madden was the fastest man on the field during last years game. This year we have a QB who's not got the speed Madden had but adds another element to Danville's game in that he can pass the ball. Along with our line and speed that makes for a winning combination. If we can get everyone back healthy we should do well the rest of the season. Know we move up to 3A for at least the next two years but the future looks bright. Only 5 seniors (2 who start) with the eleventh grade loaded.

Bigredhog1971

CCEAGLES22

So what was going on with Danville earlier in the year?  They looked so bad vs CC I thought they wouldn't be a factor this year. 

littlejohns2000

Quote from: CCEAGLES22 on October 06, 2017, 08:03:33 am
So what was going on with Danville earlier in the year?  They looked so bad vs CC I thought they wouldn't be a factor this year.
Had 5 starters out week one, only allowed 1 touchdown on their starting defense since CC. Would be a very different outcome if they played again.

CCEAGLES22

How do you have 5 starters out week 1?

seeya

Danville hasn't played a quality team since Conway Christian , and won't till playoffs. 

littlejohns2000

Quote from: seeya on October 06, 2017, 10:21:55 am
Danville hasn't played a quality team since Conway Christian , and won't till playoffs.
Hackett is a quality team

Prouddragondad

That's a stupid statement cause Danville has played a quality team against Mountainburg and will play another one next week with Hackett both have proven that over the last couple yrs by getting to the 2nd round instead of starting basketball early like most teams.

Hornet4ever

You're an idiot.

seeya

October 06, 2017, 12:32:16 pm #12 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:26:42 pm by seeya
Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 06, 2017, 11:41:23 am
That's a stupid statement cause Danville has played a quality team against Mountainburg and will play another one next week with Hackett both have proven that over the last couple yrs by getting to the 2nd round instead of starting basketball early like most teams.
Danville had no problem with Mountainburg.  They will beat Hackett with no problem. No disrespect meant . They are just not the caliber of  Danville

Hornet4ever

Quote from: seeya on October 06, 2017, 12:32:16 pm
Danville had no problem with Mountainburg.  They will beat Hackett with no problem.  Know disrespect meant . They are just not the caliber of  Danville

You better hope.

By the way, it's *no not "know".

Ventman

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 06, 2017, 02:31:49 pm
You better hope.

By the way, it's *no not "know".
😂Hornet giving those grammar lessons.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on October 06, 2017, 09:29:20 pm
😂Hornet giving those grammar lessons.

Just a student probably, still annoying.

Prouddragondad

This game will be very interesting for Mtburg. If Hackett beats Danville then there will be a three way tie for 1st and even though it will be co-champs Coach Harrell and the dragons will get their first conference championship as long as we don't get upset in our last 2 conference games. Love to see that for sure cause coach deserves it. The only problem is if it happens then we may end up with the 3rd seed base on the point system. What needs to happen is for Hackett to win by less than 3 points and then we would still get the 2nd seed. I guess what I'm saying is go Hackett beat Danville by less than 3.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: CCEAGLES22 on October 06, 2017, 09:49:16 am
How do you have 5 starters out week 1?

The game I, and many others saw, it wouldn't have mattered.  Neither of Danville lines or skill positions matched up.  They are a good team but definitely not a top team in 2A.

Prouddragondad

It was week one and Danville was breaking in a new qb and rb plus had some starters missing from the line and CC had a returning qb and rb. They are not the same team now it would be a different game for sure. Heck Hector got beat early by bearden and they to was breaking in a new qb since then they have also figured it out and are a top team in 2a and I don't think bearden would want to play them again. What happens in week one or two doesn't mean that's who you are in week 10 or even week 6. I'm not a Danville fan at all and glad they are moving up next yr but reality is they are one of the top teams in 2a and will be hard to beat come playoffs.

Hornet4ever

Hackett is also breaking in a new QB, junior Brady Hester is fresh this season after being behind Senior Ely Stormes last season. Brady has learned a lot, you could really see the "rookie QB" come out in him during the Mountainburg game. It's a learning experience though, and he's done nothing but get better...

Hester and the Hornets are going to be tough to beat.

young_gun

Both Jr and Sr High Little Johns playing for a conference championship this week. Will be a good game both nights. Looking forward to a couple great nights of football.

MouthOfTheSouth215

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Quote from: MouthOfTheSouth215 on October 09, 2017, 04:56:46 pm
Little Johns by 30..

Well, they don't call you "MouthofTheSouth" for no reason.

Hornet4ever

I will say this... This game will be a good measure of how good Hackett really is. After a tough loss week two Hackett has played pretty good football. If we keep it close, or even win, it will be a good confidence booster for Hackett because Danville is a good ball team. If we get blown out it will be tough, especially with such a young team. I don't think this will be a blow out though, we have a reputation of playing Danville tough and I don't expect anything less. Most people won't give us a chance because we did lose to Burg and Danville beat Burg, and that's understandable!

Just hoping for a good game and a hornet win!

Allen T

Should be a good game as Hornet said. Do know that they always play The Little Johns tough. Could come down to who makes the least mistakes. Also, don't know how many kids, if any the Hornets have hurt and may not be able to play. Counted several Little Johns who are sidelined and will not be able to play. Have been told that some will be ready later but not this Friday. Guys will have to dig in and play their best against the Hornets this Friday night. Good Luck Little Johns! Bring home another victory!!

GreenMachine

Quote from: Allen T on October 09, 2017, 09:02:29 pm
Should be a good game as Hornet said. Do know that they always play The Little Johns tough. Could come down to who makes the least mistakes. Also, don't know how many kids, if any the Hornets have hurt and may not be able to play. Counted several Little Johns who are sidelined and will not be able to play. Have been told that some will be ready later but not this Friday. Guys will have to dig in and play their best against the Hornets this Friday night. Good Luck Little Johns! Bring home another victory!!
As of now the Little Johns only have 1 out for this Friday

estep0520

I would love to see Hackett win this one!

DanvilleFan

You get to come down Hornet?
Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 09, 2017, 06:06:13 pm
I will say this... This game will be a good measure of how good Hackett really is. After a tough loss week two Hackett has played pretty good football. If we keep it close, or even win, it will be a good confidence booster for Hackett because Danville is a good ball team. If we get blown out it will be tough, especially with such a young team. I don't think this will be a blow out though, we have a reputation of playing Danville tough and I don't expect anything less. Most people won't give us a chance because we did lose to Burg and Danville beat Burg, and that's understandable!

Just hoping for a good game and a hornet win!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DanvilleFan on October 10, 2017, 12:42:37 pm
You get to come down Hornet?

No, I work night shift patrol so I'll be at work. I haven't been able to make it to a game yet and it drives me crazy.

AT

Great post by Prouddragondad

Mountainburg has such a dilemma here (well not really, I know Coach Harrell will just coach the remaining games and let the other results happen as they will), but you could win a co conference championship if you're a Mountainburg fan if Hackett wins this one.

At the same time, you really need Hackett to lose so you can get that 2 seed. Now that being said, as dragondad pointed out, you can have the best of both worlds with a Hackett 2 point or 1 point victory. But a 2 point or 1 point victory doesn't usually (not saying it doesn't) happen.

AT

I've been watching Hornet4ever's posts since the Mountainburg game. You can tell he's ready for this one while still giving credit to Mountainburg for that week 2 win. I think he represents Hackett well in that regard. A team that respects that Mountainburg beat them when they had to, but a team that feels they can prove they are a top dog in this conference with a win Friday. Hackett may sneak up and surprise a lot of people Friday.

One thing I've found interesting over the years is that Hackett will win the conference championship or get that 2 seed and play amazing down the stretch of the regular season, but have subpar playoff performances. I'm a 2A-4 fan so I hope Hackett, Danville, and Mountainburg end the year well and represent in the playoffs.

DnA Prostaff

Subpar? Seems like the last 2 seasons the Hornets have had the worst possible playoff match up there was...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on October 12, 2017, 11:41:20 am
Subpar? Seems like the last 2 seasons the Hornets have had the worst possible playoff match up there was...

We are very unlucky lol

beach bum

Prouddragondad

Quote from: beach bum on October 12, 2017, 12:25:17 pm
Hackett by 2.... 28-26
Now that's a really good prediction there beach bum let's just hope you are right

Hornet4ever

This game will be live streamed, I don't have the link can someone post it for everyone who is interested?

HorseFeathers

Danville by 6.....

Pulling for Hackett though,..

PrivateLesson

Hornet4ever

Hackett junior high beats Danville tonight 24-8 to remain undefeated...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 12, 2017, 08:50:30 pm
Hackett junior high beats Danville tonight 24-8 to remain undefeated...

Our little league is also undefeated right now

seeya

GreenMachine

Hornet4ever

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 12, 2017, 10:04:17 pm
Danville by 28!

It's getting late kiddos, shouldn't you two be in bed for school tomorrow?

Hornet4ever

Almost game time, hopefully the stream runs smooth because that's how I'll be watching! You've got it Hornets, give it to em!

Dragonsvoice

witch one you watch? have two on this site

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 13, 2017, 06:03:39 pm

The Arkwest live site. I hope this is the correct one?

Danville fans please make sure we have the correct one for those of us who can't be there.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 13, 2017, 06:03:39 pm

Game is now up on the Arkwest site.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas