• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A 2019

Started by ClarksvilleFutbol, January 16, 2019, 07:36:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ClarksvilleFutbol

January 16, 2019, 07:36:48 pm Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:38:48 pm by ClarksvilleFutbol
As we inch closer to the beginning of the season, what are your thoughts on the upcoming season? Conference matchups, players to look out for, rankings, etc. Excited to see the new conferences, and the old rivalries that will start again.

beach bum

I am just glad Harrison is now 4A for my enjoyement... I now have more reason to follow the soccer threads with Go Postal posting in my conference now. I will probably keep up with 4A much more this season now.

Go Postal

Quote from: beach bum on February 04, 2019, 08:20:48 pm
I am just glad Harrison is now 4A for my enjoyement... I now have more reason to follow the soccer threads with Go Postal posting in my conference now. I will probably keep up with 4A much more this season now.

beach bum

The 4A West looks like Dardanelle, Harrison, Berryville, and Clarksville will be the top teams. I don't know the history on schools like Morrilton & Huntsville like you old 5A West guys? Is this Morrilton's first year? I can't find anything on Maxpreps for them. I know Prairie Grove is your stereotypical middle of the pack team. Not world beaters, but ever going to be horrible. Gentry usually sits in that same boat too as a middle of the pack. With some teams leaving for the new soccer 3A and new additions coming down from the old 5A it may take some weeks to sort this all out.

On the girls side Harrison & Dardanelle will run the league easily with Berryville up there in the chase

The boys league will probably be a little more competitive top to bottom

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on February 04, 2019, 08:20:48 pm

Keep your sunglasses and dramamine with your computing device at all times.....   8)

WillC

Quote from: beach bum on February 12, 2019, 01:05:43 pm
The 4A West looks like Dardanelle, Harrison, Berryville, and Clarksville will be the top teams. I don't know the history on schools like Morrilton & Huntsville like you old 5A West guys? Is this Morrilton's first year? I can't find anything on Maxpreps for them. I know Prairie Grove is your stereotypical middle of the pack team. Not world beaters, but ever going to be horrible. Gentry usually sits in that same boat too as a middle of the pack. With some teams leaving for the new soccer 3A and new additions coming down from the old 5A it may take some weeks to sort this all out.

On the girls side Harrison & Dardanelle will run the league easily with Berryville up there in the chase

The boys league will probably be a little more competitive top to bottom
Morrilton has been playing for a while. They made the tournament last year after parking the bus in the conference tourney. Barring drastic improvement, they're nowhere near the top four you mentioned. I don't know how they compare to Prairie Grove or Huntsville, I've never seen either of those teams play.

Go Postal

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 12, 2019, 02:33:16 pm
Keep your sunglasses and dramamine with your computing device at all times.....   8)

Devil Dogs have been playing for awhile.  I remember the Goblins playing them in 2008 playoffs in Little Rock.

SportsDad

4A East Boys will come down to Warren and Hamburg as it has in previous years. Both teams will be capable of making a deep run in the state tourney.

frotator888

4A South will be a 4-way battle between DeQueen, PA, Hope, and Robinson IMO

ArkansasSportsFan

North should be easy for Valley View. After that it should be Batesville.

MS_soccer

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 18, 2019, 06:06:34 am
North should be easy for Valley View. After that it should be Batesville.

Girls or boys or both?

MDXPHD

Quote from: MS_soccer on February 18, 2019, 10:25:43 am
Girls or boys or both?

Valley View in girls for sure I'd say. Not sure who second would even be. Boys - he's probably got it right.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 18, 2019, 02:11:49 pm
Valley View in girls for sure I'd say. Not sure who second would even be. Boys - he's probably got it right.

My mistake I was only talking about boys.

Brookland has a real solid group of girls, I don't think they're close to Valley View but I wouldn't be shocked if they got second.

MDXPHD

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 19, 2019, 10:02:47 am
My mistake I was only talking about boys.

Brookland has a real solid group of girls, I don't think they're close to Valley View but I wouldn't be shocked if they got second.

I watched Brookland play last year and they do have some talent, but I would say VV has them by several goals. Batesville and VV boys games could be pretty good this season.

MS_soccer

Overall, 4A girls soccer last year was really weak.  I think that's why Brookland made it as far as they did. I watched them play twice.  They have a couple girls with some potential provided they have good training. It will be hard for these girls to make much happen with the remaining players on the team. None of their names look familiar from any club teams.

I'm glad Little Rock Christian is 5A.  They have a strong team.  I wish PA would have been 5A, but I guess I'm happy not to have both LRCA and PA to contend with.

Harrison should have a good team again.  I'm not sure where these girls come from.  Again, I don't believe I've seen any of them play club, at least not for one of the competitive clubs in the state. And I've been on the Arkansas club scene for many years.

The Coach

Quote from: MS_soccer on February 19, 2019, 07:22:43 pm
Overall, 4A girls soccer last year was really weak.  I think that's why Brookland made it as far as they did. I watched them play twice.  They have a couple girls with some potential provided they have good training. It will be hard for these girls to make much happen with the remaining players on the team. None of their names look familiar from any club teams.

I'm glad Little Rock Christian is 5A.  They have a strong team.  I wish PA would have been 5A, but I guess I'm happy not to have both LRCA and PA to contend with.

Harrison should have a good team again.  I'm not sure where these girls come from.  Again, I don't believe I've seen any of them play club, at least not for one of the competitive clubs in the state. And I've been on the Arkansas club scene for many years.

Harrison has their own club and they play in the state league or they did when my daughter played there. Its well ran and the community support is very good. The group of Sr's they'll have this season have been playing together for a long time now through that system.

ArkansasSportsFan

But for THAT conference, it's a 2 seed contender. That's all I'm saying, VV will run over everyone in the conference.

AirWarren

Poor ole Warren.....just don't mind us.....

:D

sevenof400

VHSCoach2

Quote from: AirWarren on February 20, 2019, 10:28:26 am
Poor ole Warren.....just don't mind us.....

:D

You gonna try to catch any of Warren's games in the Vilonia tournaments, AW?

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on February 20, 2019, 12:16:09 pm
You gonna try to catch any of Warren's games in the Vilonia tournaments, AW?

Need to look at the schedule. Wouldn't mind catching a game. My schedule is fairly busy right now.

ClarksvilleFutbol

Go Postal

I'm not sure but I think that I read that Harrison plays club ball in Missouri quite a bit.  Maybe that is why you don't see them as much in Arkansas.

That brings another question to mind.  What is the rules about coed soccer?  I've heard where some of the former girl players from Harrison playing coed ball in Springfield, MO after high school when they are in their 20s.  What's the scoop on that?  Is that some kind of club ball in Missouri?

CentralARFutbol

April 01, 2019, 08:21:32 am #24 Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:31:40 pm by CentralARFutbol
I would not be surprised to see DeQueen's boys roll through the state tournament.

MDXPHD

Quote from: CentralARFutbol on April 01, 2019, 08:21:32 am
I would not be surprised to seen DeQueen's boys roll through the state tournament.

They may win, but they won't "roll" through it, as you say. This isn't 2009.

Sir Alex

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 02, 2019, 01:12:02 pm
They may win, but they won't "roll" through it, as you say. This isn't 2009.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that they fall in the semis. I have seen them play twice and there are some teams that will push them hard in the 4A West.

frotator888

I would not be surprised to seen DeQueen's boys roll through the state tournament.

There's a lot of teams they haven't truly been tested against in their own conference or other places like the west, there's still a long way to go before we can start throwing those statements around ...

Ladyfan

Quote from: frotator888 on April 03, 2019, 08:54:33 am
There's a lot of teams they haven't truly been tested against in their own conference or other places like the west, there's still a long way to go before we can start throwing those statements around ...
Having played 3 of the 4A south teams in our non-conference schedule, watch for Arkadelphia to make a good run. Predicting they come out near the top in 4A.

hurricanes1

Most likely won't "roll" through it, but they stand a good chance of making it to finals

$aintMaximu$

On the girls side Shiloh was looking really good with a chance to win conference and go deep.  A key player is our for the season and it is making a big impact.  Hopefully we can adjust.

PG is coached very well and has some talent.
Berryville is solid as well
Clarksville has a chance too

Shiloh has 6-7 9th graders playing varsity (I coached that groups for several years) and I think in next few years they will be really good!  10 freshmen on the team but the 6-7 are actaully starting or playing a lot of time..

Go Postal

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 08, 2019, 10:41:49 am
On the girls side Shiloh was looking really good with a chance to win conference and go deep.  A key player is our for the season and it is making a big impact.  Hopefully we can adjust.

Shiloh has 6-7 9th graders playing varsity (I coached that groups for several years) and I think in next few years they will be really good!  10 freshmen on the team but the 6-7 are actaully starting or playing a lot of time..
The Lady Goblins are doing pretty good so far standing at 11-3-1.  They have only 3 losses to Siloam Springs, Rogers and Heritage.  They have won one game each against Prairie Grove, Berryville and Clarksville.  But the season is not over yet, so we will see.  It looks like they will play at SC on April 26.  That should be a good game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 08, 2019, 10:41:49 am

Does Shiloh park the bus still or have they developed a different style? Haven't seen them play in a few years.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Go Postal on April 08, 2019, 12:32:16 pm
The Lady Goblins are doing pretty good so far standing at 11-3-1.  They have only 3 losses to Siloam Springs, Rogers and Heritage.  They have won one game each against Prairie Grove, Berryville and Clarksville.  But the season is not over yet, so we will see.  It looks like they will play at SC on April 26.  That should be a good game.

I haven't seen them play yet but based on history and the season so far I would put Harrison at the top.  How was your game with PG?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 08, 2019, 12:35:09 pm
Does Shiloh park the bus still or have they developed a different style? Haven't seen them play in a few years.

Completely different now...  They play a 4-3-3 with the back line being a diamond and the wings play all the way up.  This at times leaves at times only one back and we are extremely vulnerable to fast breaks and counter attacks. 

I would hold a line of 3 or 4 back with one behind that...  Try to trap or play conservative and not allow any fast breaks or through balls.  I would not go wide as much and attach the middle with speed.  If we get set then I would go wide and try crosses....  We have really stalled out... Need to do something different quickly...

We have a key player from mid out for the season and it changed everything...

beach bum

Saint Max has joined the dark side with us down on the soccer boards... Good to see you join us!

I need to go see PG boys... They have some really solid wins mixed in with some head scratching losses. Looks like they can play up or down to their competition.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on April 08, 2019, 04:49:08 pm
Saint Max has joined the dark side with us down on the soccer boards... Good to see you join us!

I need to go see PG boys... They have some really solid wins mixed in with some head scratching losses. Looks like they can play up or down to their competition.

The PG coaching for the girls seemed really good.  They could make a very deep run.  My daughter is a freshman and I coached the freshmen (10 total) for the last 6 years for some and longer than that for the rest... So I'm really invested in this group!!  I had that team on a 40 game win streak!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 08, 2019, 01:22:38 pm
Completely different now...  They play a 4-3-3 with the back line being a diamond and the wings play all the way up.  This at times leaves at times only one back and we are extremely vulnerable to fast breaks and counter attacks. 

I would hold a line of 3 or 4 back with one behind that...  Try to trap or play conservative and not allow any fast breaks or through balls.  I would not go wide as much and attach the middle with speed.  If we get set then I would go wide and try crosses....  We have really stalled out... Need to do something different quickly...

We have a key player from mid out for the season and it changed everything...

Thanks for the info. If your team is capable, I love the back wings running the lines. It puts so much more pressure on the opposing team and they have to drop one or two of their forwards back to help, in most cases. Sounds like they're playing well. Looking forward to the state tournament - that's the only time I'll get to see all these West teams play this season.

chandler

Quote from: beach bum on April 08, 2019, 04:49:08 pm

PG Boys played their JV against Eureka and Life Way.

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 09, 2019, 07:55:29 am

The PG coaching for the girls seemed really good.  They could make a very deep run.  My daughter is a freshman and I coached the freshmen (10 total) for the last 6 years for some and longer than that for the rest... So I'm really invested in this group!!  I had that team on a 40 game win streak!!

Soccer.

God's game.

MDXPHD

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 09, 2019, 07:55:29 am

Let's give the girls some credit! 😂🤦‍♂️

Go Postal

April 09, 2019, 08:17:54 pm #41 Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:22:37 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Go Postal on April 08, 2019, 12:32:16 pm
Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on April 08, 2019, 01:17:08 pm
I haven't seen them play yet but based on history and the season so far I would put Harrison at the top.  How was your game with PG?
It was one of the Lady Goblins (12-3-1) closer games.  They took the win 2-0.  They did get the win tonight against Berryville 8-1.
The Goblins (10-4-1) won tonight against Berryville 5-0.  Their 4 losses were to Siloam Springs, Mountain Home, Dardanelle and Fayetteville.

Both teams are doing pretty good but there is still a lot more season to go.  Could they both be trying to add to their combined 12 State trophies and 3 State runner-ups this year?  We will see.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Go Postal on April 09, 2019, 08:17:54 pm
It was one of the Lady Goblins (12-3-1) closer games.  They took the win 2-0.  They did get the win tonight against Berryville 8-1.
The Goblins (10-4-1) won tonight against Berryville 5-0.  Their 4 losses were to Siloam Springs, Mountain Home, Dardanelle and Fayetteville.

Both teams are doing pretty good but there is still a lot more season to go.  Could they both be trying to add to their combined 12 State trophies and 3 State runner-ups this year?  We will see.

Wow, that is a very impressive win against Berryville!  They are a solid team as well...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 09, 2019, 06:22:31 pm
Let's give the girls some credit! 😂🤦‍♂️

I'll give the girls 99% and me 1%...  I'm just the motivator and the hype man.  Being positive, motivating and keeping the kids loving the sport is very important.  Negativity is contagious and when kids boy or girl stop caring, having fun,  it gets rough!

$aintMaximu$

Dardanelle looked very good this week. Nice improvements since our first game.  I'm really looking forward to watching Harrison.  I have heard a lot of good things about their programs for years...

LionKing

Don't forget about the Pulaski Academy girls.  They have a really good team.....  Very tough on defense.

frotator888

Agreed, both PA teams look like competitors in the state tournament this year, they've both done very well in their respective southern conference

soccerman

Quote from: frotator888 on April 18, 2019, 10:54:29 am
Agreed, both PA teams look like competitors in the state tournament this year, they've both done very well in their respective southern conference
I think that conference is just so strong on the boys side. De Queen, PA, Mena, Robinson, Hope, and Arkadelphia could all make deep runs. But only four get in.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas