• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Improved Team

Started by 1wildcat, February 12, 2019, 06:45:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1wildcat

Who do you think will be the most improved next year?
I don't think it will happen, but if Dollarway hired a another coach like Lee Hardman they would be really dangerous.

zebrafan

Lee Hardman didn't exactly blow it out of the water his 2nd go round....I would like to see Dway bounce back...what's up with the coach they have now? He got them to the postseason....still far away from being a conference contender.

Trojanbird

I would like to see dollarway bounce back but I don't think it will happen.  The school is failing, the best of the kids have left/transferred! It is over IMO!

1wildcat

They had several good athletes this past year but played like they had no game plan at all. At least that's what it looked like to me. They should have been a lot better than they were.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1wildcat on February 13, 2019, 12:21:18 am
They had several good athletes this past year but played like they had no game plan at all. At least that's what it looked like to me. They should have been a lot better than they were.
They ran 6 different offenses and none of them well.

Lumberjackfan1978

I would like to see Dollarway bounce back but I don't think they will.

1wildcat

Oldman just think if Rison, McGehee, Dollarway, and Barton were all to regain what they once were at the same time! We probably wouldn't have an undefeated conference champion.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1wildcat on February 14, 2019, 03:52:26 am
Oldman just think if Rison, McGehee, Dollarway, and Barton were all to regain what they once were at the same time! We probably wouldn't have an undefeated conference champion.
Would be beat up every year.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: 1wildcat on February 14, 2019, 03:52:26 am

I don't think Rison has slipped much if any from 'what they once were.'

Flobbito

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on February 13, 2019, 10:50:37 pm
I would like to see Dollarway bounce back but I don't think they will.

Dollar way was a team that no one wanted to play back when I was high school. It would be good to see them recapture that.

panther07

Quote from: Flobbito on February 25, 2019, 06:10:11 pm
Dollar way was a team that no one wanted to play back when I was high school. It would be good to see them recapture that.

Don't understand what happened.. It's very strange to me.  That said, they better go find Jesse and get him to get his offspring (if he has any) back to dollarway.  They're going to need it. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: panther07 on February 26, 2019, 10:03:40 am
Don't understand what happened.. It's very strange to me.  That said, they better go find Jesse and get him to get his offspring (if he has any) back to dollarway.  They're going to need it. 
Coaching.

KOJACK

beach bum

In the 1-3A I'll list two teams.....

Lamar- could they sneak up and beat Booneville who will be playing younger guys next year but still very talented? I am not sure they can, but just saying the potential is there. Lamar's non conference is so soft and if Lamar can beat Booneville then 10-0 for the Warriors is a real possibility in the regular season. Lamar is one of those teams who does not look real flashy, but is well coached and does not seem to make those bone headed plays we see in the small classifications that cause some teams to lose a game or two they could win otherwise in a season. Booneville still has to be the favorite in the 1-3A though off their tradition and history. Again, just throwing out a possibility.

Cedarville- finished 3-4 in conference tied with Charleston for the last playoff spot. They played much better down the stretch including a win over Mansfield who made it to the 2nd round. Cedarville won JH conference so they'll need some young 10th graders next year to grow up fast to help, but if all the cards fell right 7-3 or 8-2 could happen with Cedarville cause their non conference schedule just like Lamar's is not very strong. Again, here too I am not saying this will happen but just a possibility. An 7-3 or 8-2 season for a usual 2 or 3 win program would be a huge improvement.

eagles18

Mark my words Jessieville will be much improved. Most of their starters last year were FRESHMEN. Look for a very solid team for years to come.

Warriors023

Lamar lost a large amount of talent along the offensive and defensive line, but keeps all contributing skill position starters, graduating only West. Should be a very stingy team if they can get the offensive and defensive lines figured out. Pretty good class of sophomores coming up, watch for Joe Dalton to be a major asset. With Hinkle and James returning in the secondary, they will be difficult to beat over the top.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas