• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is your post to gripe about the outcome of the 4A Championship Game.

Started by JACK D BACK 27, December 10, 2006, 12:26:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

should they repeat the game?

Yes
No

JACK D BACK 27

HE WAS ACROSS BY AT LEAST TWO FEET AND HE DOVE FROM THE ONE HIS KNEE WAS NEVER CLOSE TO BEING DOWN.  ALSO THE TOUCHDOWN THAT GOT CALLED BACK WHICH THEN IT WOULD OF NEVER WENT TO OVERTIME, THE COACHES ARE STILL TRYING TO SEE WHICH LINEMAN WAS DOWNFIELD.  THE WARREN LINEMAN ARE TAUGHT WHEN BALL IS THROWN GO TO IT ALL FIVE LINEMAN WERE AT THE LINE WHEN THE BALL WAS THROWN.

"SHOWKILLER"

If JACK D BACK SAYS IT THEN IT THE TRUTH!!!

SOMEBODY MUST HAVE GOTTEN PAID!

seark66

Quote from: JACK D BACK 27 on December 10, 2006, 12:26:58 am
HE WAS ACROSS BY AT LEAST TWO FEET AND HE DOVE FROM THE ONE HIS KNEE WAS NEVER CLOSE TO BEING DOWN.  ALSO THE TOUCHDOWN THAT GOT CALLED BACK WHICH THEN IT WOULD OF NEVER WENT TO OVERTIME, THE COACHES ARE STILL TRYING TO SEE WHICH LINEMAN WAS DOWNFIELD.  THE WARREN LINEMAN ARE TAUGHT WHEN BALL IS THROWN GO TO IT ALL FIVE LINEMAN WERE AT THE LINE WHEN THE BALL WAS THROWN.

There didn't seem to be any lineman down field on either of the two "ineligible downfield" calls.

cowboy391

i love it you didn't win so now you're looking for excuses... someone stole it from us...
why is it no one can ever just say we lost ...it always has to be someone else's fault.

seark66

Quote from: cowboy391 on December 10, 2006, 12:36:55 am
i love it you didn't win so now you're looking for excuses... someone stole it from us...
why is it no one can ever just say we lost ...it always has to be someone else's fault.

Do you wish to continue to argue the circumstances regarding this game?

No excuses are being made. There is no need for excuses. That call was blown and several others were 'iffy', including the phantom "ineligible downfield" that negated a Warren touchdown.

LJ06

If you'd seen the replay you'd know that we have a legit arguement

beaufort

Quote from: cowboy391 on December 10, 2006, 12:36:55 am

We didn't get beat by Nashville, We got beat by the REFS.

NewCat

Quote from: Lumberjack06 on December 10, 2006, 12:40:35 am
If you'd seen the replay you'd know that we have a legit arguement

Don't get him started.  He won't listen to reason.  Next thing you know, he's going to be slapping you and calling you an idiot with less than a first grade education...

LJ06

NewCat

I'm really sorry it happened to the Jacks.  It was a raw deal.

LJ06

Yeah I am too.  I was a Senior last year for the Jacks and I would have much rather have lost the way we did to Shiloh then how they did tonight to Nashville.  If I was still playing I would be so ticked right now, but there is nothing that can be done about it

RazorWall

I was at the game going for Nashville, but on the replay it cleary showed the quarterback break the plain and score. Something will HAVE to be done. Warren SHOULD be AAAA State Champs.

LJ06

I heard that the refs were fired after the game...is this true?

panther_pride

Quote from: The Judge on December 10, 2006, 12:56:27 am
I was at the game going for Nashville, but on the replay it cleary showed the quarterback break the plain and score. Something will HAVE to be done. Warren SHOULD be AAAA State Champs.
But they're not, GET OVER IT.

seark66

Quote from: pantherfan56 on December 10, 2006, 12:58:40 amBut they're not, GET OVER IT.

That's right, they aren't. That crew of officials should be proud to carry that trophy with them.

panther_pride

Quote from: seark66 on December 10, 2006, 01:02:58 am
Quote from: pantherfan56 on December 10, 2006, 12:58:40 amBut they're not, GET OVER IT.

That's right, they aren't. That crew of officials should be proud to carry that trophy with them.
Actually... I'm pretty sure Nashville got the trophy...

A JETS MI MONK

Quote from: pantherfan56 on December 10, 2006, 01:13:42 am
Quote from: seark66 on December 10, 2006, 01:02:58 am

Actually... I'm pretty sure Nashville got the trophy...

That's true.  Nashville is just letting the refs take pictures with it at the after game party.  Get your facts straight people.

NewCat

Quote from: The Judge on December 10, 2006, 12:56:27 am

Thank you for that post.  Apparently, according to some, if you dissent the ref's bad call at the end of the game, you must be crying because you're a Warren fan...

seark66

Quote from: Jake Timmons:  Bounty Hunter on December 10, 2006, 01:14:51 am
That's true.  Nashville is just letting the refs take pictures with it at the after game party.  Get your facts straight people.

Dang. That explains why the officials looked like track stars getting off the field. They didn't want to be late to the party.

:)

A JETS MI MONK

Quote from: seark66 on December 10, 2006, 01:16:07 am
Quote from: Jake Timmons:  Bounty Hunter on December 10, 2006, 01:14:51 am

Dang. That explains why the officials looked like track stars getting off the field. They didn't want to be late to the party.

:)

Someone has to bring the alcohol and judging by their calls, the refs probably had a lot on them.

scrapdawgof06

To all the whiners saying they got cheated... I was there... only reason we (Nashville) fell silent on that 2 pt. conversion was to see the replay as to where it was good or not, because going by the way it looked... it was too close to call... with my mom standing right beside me... we looked up at the jumbotron right as the Warren player supposedly crossed the plain, it was a 1/2 yard short with the players knee touching the turf before he crossed the plain.. on another note... the ball popped out and Nashville recovered it...

but to the loyal fans of both Nashville and Warren, my god it was loud at WMS... and im freaking hoarse... Congrats to my Scrappers but also, congrats on Warren for giving us our first real test of the season...   may we meet again

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

Always Friday

I agree Nashville...4A State Champions Enough Said!!

Go Scraps  ;)

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Congrats--in everyone's book that's not a Scrapper fan, it'll always read either:

Warren 2006 AAAA State Champions

or

Nashville 2006 AAAA State Champions*

--Kyle

O.T.C

Don't be ignorant kid.....The kid had his hands all the way across the line...All the ball has to do is break the plain...not go all the way across it...just break the plain. And the ground can't cause a fumble.

Bottom line is that Warren won the game. If Nashville people can take pride in a stolen state championship....Go for it.

dc24

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on December 10, 2006, 01:20:18 am
To all the whiners saying they got cheated... I was there... only reason we (Nashville) fell silent on that 2 pt. conversion was to see the replay as to where it was good or not, because going by the way it looked... it was too close to call... with my mom standing right beside me... we looked up at the jumbotron right as the Warren player supposedly crossed the plain, it was a 1/2 yard short with the players knee touching the turf before he crossed the plain.. on another note... the ball popped out and Nashville recovered it...

but to the loyal fans of both Nashville and Warren, my god it was loud at WMS... and im freaking hoarse... Congrats to my Scrappers but also, congrats on Warren for giving us our first real test of the season...   may we meet again

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

The ball was broke the plane, pure and simple.

scrappermom46

OMG like it says................ GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!! Stop the crying and figure something out, what are you going to do, whine and cry ok we see, we hear ya let it go. I love my Scrappers but I hate to say this but I am so sorry. I was so mad to see that DJ missed that kick 3 TIMES OMG. But Warren should understand we know who the real winner is okay. I am sorry again. Were the refs fired?

softyball

Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 02:01:03 am
Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on December 10, 2006, 01:20:18 am

but to the loyal fans of both Nashville and Warren, my god it was loud at WMS... and im freaking hoarse... Congrats to my Scrappers but also, congrats on Warren for giving us our first real test of the season...   may we meet again

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

The ball was broke the plane, pure and simple.

I have always wondered exactly where is the plane, is it the beginning of the stripe, middle, or back,  those things are several inches wide.

Sassy Scrapper

Nashville didn't cheat Warren out of anything. The refs were the ones on the field making the calls. The refs called it no good. We are playing high school foot ball here folks not the NFL.  Quit whining, face the fact!

Warren lost, played hard and have nothing to hold there heads down for.

Now on the other hand The Scrappers have no reason to be ashame of anything either. The didn't make any of the calls on the field tonight. the refs did. There were several calls that should have been called against Warren that were not. But I don't see any of you posting or protesting about that.

Get over it. SCRAPPERS 4AAAA BACK 2 BACK STATE CHAMPS.

dc24

Quote from: Sassy Scrapper on December 10, 2006, 02:07:48 am
Nashville didn't cheat Warren out of anything. The refs were the ones on the field making the calls. The refs called it no good. We are playing high school foot ball here folks not the NFL.  Quit whining, face the fact!

Warren lost, played hard and have nothing to hold there heads down for.

Now on the other hand The Scrappers have no reason to be ashame of anything either. The didn't make any of the calls on the field tonight. the refs did. There were several calls that should have been called against Warren that were not. But I don't see any of you posting or protesting about that.

Get over it. SCRAPPERS 4AAAA BACK 2 BACK STATE CHAMPS.

No they're weren't several calls that should have went against Warren.  Heck, they all did.  I do agree with you though, that Nashville didn't call the game.  Everyone should be mad at the refs and not Nashville.

Super Scrapper

Well the replay showed the ball across the line but it didn't show if he was down or not before that.  The refs made the call and no one can change it.   The game should not have come down to that anyway, but it did.  Too bad for the hard feelings, but not a single ref thought he scored.  They were all much closer than any fan.....SS

Go Scrappers
  ;D

dc24

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 10, 2006, 02:24:08 am
Well the replay showed the ball across the line but it didn't show if he was down or not before that.  The refs made the call and no one can change it.   The game should not have come down to that anyway, but it did.  Too bad for the hard feelings, but not a single ref thought he scored.  They were all much closer than any fan.....SS

Go Scrappers

A ref thought he didn't score, the back judge.  The two refs standing right on the goal line didn't make the call and you could tell that they didn't know whether he had scored or not.  Neither one of them wanted to make a call.

C_A_Morris

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 02:07:21 amI have always wondered exactly where is the plane, is it the beginning of the stripe, middle, or back,  those things are several inches wide.

All play in football is directed in towards the field.  The plane of the goal extends vertically perpendicular from the beginning of the line.

softyball

Quote from: C_A_Morris on December 10, 2006, 02:31:03 am
Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 02:07:21 amI have always wondered exactly where is the plane, is it the beginning of the stripe, middle, or back,  those things are several inches wide.

All play in football is directed in towards the field.  The plane of the goal extends vertically perpendicular from the beginning of the line.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed.   

scrapdawgof06

boy i tell ya... i HAD respect for alot of the posters till tonight... the freaking refs are right there... how are you gonna dispute what THEY saw and called not 3-5 yds. in front of them... in a well lit stadium, on what was the game deciding play... I think I would be paying attention to any kind of "break of plane" play that "robbed" Warren.. I havent even been on here two hours and already im sick of the whining...

unfortunately for the ones whining... just because you whine about it, doesnt reverse it

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

Scrappers 2006 4A State Champs!

Super Scrapper

Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 02:26:20 am
Well the replay showed the ball across the line but it didn't show if he was down or not before that.  The refs made the call and no one can change it.   The game should not have come down to that anyway, but it did.  Too bad for the hard feelings, but not a single ref thought he scored.  They were all much closer than any fan.....SS

Go Scrappers

A ref thought he didn't score, the back judge.  The two refs standing right on the goal line didn't make the call and you could tell that they didn't know whether he had scored or not.  Neither one of them wanted to make a call.

That can't call what they can't see.  They have a job to do and  they need to do it right.  If they had thought he scored, it was their job to call it that way....That is what they are there for.  You are basically arguing over a called strike three.  No point to it now.  The game is over.....SS

Go Scrappers
   ;)

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Who's to say it won't be reversed.  Enough people talk, someone will listen. 

The refs blew that call, and now, we're going to send it to their boss's and see if that problem can't be corrected.  If Warren had lost fair and square, I would concede to Nashville--but Warren won the football game on a converted 2-point try, the final should be 22-21, and Warren should be the 2006 4A state champions.

I can promise you one thing--this is not a matter that's just going to be brushed under the rug.  The ripple effects of what happened tonight will be around Arkansas high school football for a l-o-n-g time.

--Kyle

dc24

Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 10, 2006, 02:53:16 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 02:26:20 am

Go Scrappers

A ref thought he didn't score, the back judge.  The two refs standing right on the goal line didn't make the call and you could tell that they didn't know whether he had scored or not.  Neither one of them wanted to make a call.

That can't call what they can't see.  They have a job to do and  they need to do it right.  If they had thought he scored, it was their job to call it that way....That is what they are there for.  You are basically arguing over a called strike three.  No point to it now.  The game is over.....SS

Go Scrappers
   ;)

But they didn't make a call period.  They didn't point to the ground to say he was down, nor signal that the 2 point attempt was good.  The back judge, which there was no way he could tell for sure, made the call.  That isn't right.  Its also fairly obvious that it was the wrong call.  Most people agree on that.  It was a great game regardless and it sucks that it came down to a blown call to decide the game.  Neither team deserved that.  These refs must have got their training from last year's Super Bowl crew.

brokensilence

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 10, 2006, 02:56:36 am

The refs blew that call, and now, we're going to send it to their boss's and see if that problem can't be corrected.  If Warren had lost fair and square, I would concede to Nashville--but Warren won the football game on a converted 2-point try, the final should be 22-21, and Warren should be the 2006 4A state champions.

I can promise you one thing--this is not a matter that's just going to be brushed under the rug.  The ripple effects of what happened tonight will be around Arkansas high school football for a l-o-n-g time.

--Kyle

Amen!

scrapdawgof06

Ok, enough... I'm through arguing, this was a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL game, not something that will breech National Security...

These boys played their freaking hearts and souls out tonight... gave us a heckuva game... and it all came down to a really disappointing call...

I'm really ashamed of all of you... and I'm ashamed of myself... for acting like a heehaw about it...

Just leave it be guys and gals... not worth fussing over... whats a lil more gold in the case for either team?

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 02:59:13 am
But they didn't make a call period.  They didn't point to the ground to say he was down, nor signal that the 2 point attempt was good.  The back judge, which there was no way he could tell for sure, made the call.  That isn't right.  Its also fairly obvious that it was the wrong call.  Most people agree on that.  It was a great game regardless and it sucks that it came down to a blown call to decide the game.  Neither team deserved that.  These refs must have got their training from last year's Super Bowl crew.

Aren't you the same guy that whined and said the refs gave the super bowl to Pittsburgh last year too?

softyball

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 10, 2006, 02:56:36 am

--Kyle

Shows what you really know.  About the only thing I can see "rippling" out of this whole deal, is that the AAA might decide that replays have no business being in high school football in the first place, and therefore would no longer be shown during any Arkansas high school game(championship or otherwise).   

dc24

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on December 10, 2006, 03:11:49 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 02:59:13 am

Aren't you the same guy that whined and said the refs gave the super bowl to Pittsburgh last year too?

I never said the refs gave the game to Pittsburgh, but to say that wasn't a well-officiated ballgame is asinine.  There were several questionable calls that went against the Seahawks.  Regardless, I still think Pittsburgh would've won the game.  The Seahawks didn't play their best on a night that they needed to, needless to say it was just a little joke, and doesn't have anything to do with this game, so don't get your panties in a wad.

dc24

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:15:18 am

--Kyle

Shows what you really know.  About the only thing I can see "rippling" out of this whole deal, is that the AAA might decide that replays have no business being in high school football in the first place, and therefore would no longer be shown during any Arkansas high school game(championship or otherwise).  

I think if the technology is available in a game of that magnitude that replay should be allowed.  Hopefully that will be what comes out of this.

scrapdawgof06

Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:17:57 am

--Kyle

I think if the technology is available in a game of that magnitude that replay should be allowed.  Hopefully that will be what comes out of this.

enough already, my lord... had Warren won... we would be congratulating them and not trying to reverse anything... sheesh... as of now... I'm through with the bull... we'll see what the AAA has to say

P.S.   Anyone threatens some friends of mine again... ill take it personally... its a freaking football game... I'm sure they at least read these things

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

Super Scrapper

It not only won't be around a long time, it won't last period.  The game is over and the call was made.  That is all there is to it.  No one will change it.  You saw the ball and so did I on the replay.  Did you see the knees?  No, and neither did I.... That is what really counts.  Evidently the ref did.  It's over.  You might as well get over it too....SS

Go Scrappers
   ;)

softyball

--Kyle

Even if they did decide to start utilizing instant replay for making on the field calls(which will NOT happen),  how in the world, do you see it affecting tonights game?

dc24

Quote from: Fred Garvin M.P. on December 10, 2006, 03:27:42 am

--Kyle

Even if they did decide to start utilizing instant replay for making on the field calls(which will NOT happen),  how in the world, do you really see it affecting tonights game?

Uh...I don't know, there happens to be some kind of controversial 2-point conversion call that decided the game.  I mean, it affected the game a little bit.  Where the heck have you been?  What's the only call that about 5 threads have been started about?  Replay would have either confirmed the call on the field or been overturn.  We really needed it tonight.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:16:01 am
The Seahawks didn't play their best on a night that they needed to, needless to say it was just a little joke, and doesn't have anything to do with this game, so don't get your panties in a wad.

My panties aren't in a wad.  I was just noticing a trend.

(still not believing in conspiracy theories... blown calls happen, but no one conspired to do anything)

dc24

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on December 10, 2006, 03:34:15 am
Quote from: dc24 on December 10, 2006, 03:16:01 am
The Seahawks didn't play their best on a night that they needed to, needless to say it was just a little joke, and doesn't have anything to do with this game, so don't get your panties in a wad.

My panties aren't in a wad.  I was just noticing a trend.

(still not believing in conspiracy theories... blown calls happen, but no one conspired to do anything)

Oh I totally agree, I don't think its Nashville's fault that there was a blown call, nor do I blame the Steelers in the Super Bowl.  Referees make mistakes, but its hard to swallow in a game of this magnitude or the SB.  I'm shocked though that the Nashville fans won't acknowledge the call.  Like someone said in another thread, you could hear a pin drop when they showed the replay.  Nashville stopped cheering and everyone in that stadium knew who had really won the game.  Nevertheless, you don't give the trophy to Warren, you take it home and think to yourselves, "glad that wasn't us."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas