• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mills?

Started by coachsearch, February 06, 2019, 11:11:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

Redwolves8526

JohnBarleycorn

Da Truff

Where did he go?  He has been at mills for a good while hasn't he?

youhavenoidea

Didn't they just redo or build their football stadium and a indoor facility?

Mr. Mercer

Yes.  Mills has a new school, field and track (2 years old) and football facility with a 40 yd indoor.  Mills problem is their best athletes play basketball and I don't see that changing.  Plus it's in a tough area as far numbers go.  New Southwest HS may hurt them as well

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Mr. Mercer on February 07, 2019, 11:20:45 am
Yes.  Mills has a new school, field and track (2 years old) and football facility with a 40 yd indoor.  Mills problem is their best athletes play basketball and I don't see that changing.  Plus it's in a tough area as far numbers go.  New Southwest HS may hurt them as well
Thanks for info...who knows might be interesting for them in a few years, if they lose some kids to new school and right guy comes in and can get a few of the Basketball kids to join in, could be a decent lower classification job

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: youhavenoidea on February 07, 2019, 11:59:08 am
Thanks for info...who knows might be interesting for them in a few years, if they lose some kids to new school and right guy comes in and can get a few of the Basketball kids to join in, could be a decent lower classification job

Pay would be pretty decent for a 4A Job. 10 K stipend looks like.

HeberFan

There are some great kids at Mills.  Hope they find the right coach.

Burks

Any interest in this job?

millsalum

Folks around Mills believe Maurice Moody is interested in the job.

purpleswag

Quote from: millsalum on February 21, 2019, 03:37:04 pm
Folks around Mills believe Maurice Moody is interested in the job.

Why?? This would be a huge step down

millsalum

Quote from: purpleswag on February 21, 2019, 05:13:28 pm
Why?? This would be a huge step down

Some believe he won't opt to take the job at Southwest High when Fair and McClellan merge. Would be a head scratcher, for sure.

The Ref

Have they started interviews yet?

UncleRico

They'll need more then just the "right guy" to turn Mills around. Admin/district need a better approach. HC taught a full load of math classes with 2 varsity assistants. TWO!

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: UncleRico on March 15, 2019, 10:00:15 pm
They'll need more then just the "right guy" to turn Mills around. Admin/district need a better approach. HC taught a full load of math classes with 2 varsity assistants. TWO!

+1.

I really believe 90% of the jobs in this state are how they are because of poor administration, lack of support, etc.  Russell was a good ball coach at Mills, but you can't overcome - consistently - the crap they had to deal with.

The Ref

Quote from: UncleRico on March 15, 2019, 10:00:15 pm
Hard to understand why one of the largest schools in 4A would have the smallest staff.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: The Ref on March 16, 2019, 09:21:32 am
Hard to understand why one of the largest schools in 4A would have the smallest staff.

Simply don't care.  PCSSD, JNPSD, and still in most cases LRSD don't give a flip.  Dysfunctional districts.  How they are run day-to-day negatively impacts kids, which is awful.

airitout

I have a friend whose daughter knows a girl whose dad works at a convenient store near Mills, who said they interviewed 5 people on last Friday even though they already knew who they wanted. He knew 3 last names, Lee, Oxnar, and Vincent.  One of the other guys was a "no one" has not chance (not sure why they interviewed him) and the other guy is the one they really want. 

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: airitout on March 19, 2019, 06:02:02 pm
I have a friend whose daughter knows a girl whose dad works at a convenient store near Mills, who said they interviewed 5 people on last Friday even though they already knew who they wanted. He knew 3 last names, Lee, Oxnar, and Vincent.  One of the other guys was a "no one" has not chance (not sure why they interviewed him) and the other guy is the one they really want.

I was told 2 people turned down interviews, rumor they had someone in mind already.

The Ref

March 19, 2019, 10:58:32 pm #20 Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:49:45 am by The Ref
Heard they've interviewed a lot more than 5..  I'm assuming it's Cortez Lee''s job if he wants it.

1reddieLB

Yep, interviewed a ton of in and out of district guys. Got some interest i don't think they were anticipating. I know 1 or 2 quality guys I interviewed on Thursday and 1 or 2 on Wed. This assumption that it's Lee's job is ridiculous. Maybe tru... Why?? They better get a FB coach that will build a real program. My understanding is Mills/SCSD Admin is trying to get somebody with some class, organization, discipline, ect. Does this discribe Lee? Somebody that knows him better would have to answer that.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: 1reddieLB on March 20, 2019, 09:34:04 am
Yep, interviewed a ton of in and out of district guys. Got some interest i don't think they were anticipating. I know 1 or 2 quality guys I interviewed on Thursday and 1 or 2 on Wed. This assumption that it's Lee's job is ridiculous. Maybe tru... Why?? They better get a FB coach that will build a real program. My understanding is Mills/SCSD Admin is trying to get somebody with some class, organization, discipline, ect. Does this discribe Lee? Somebody that knows him better would have to answer that.

Short answer - NO!

I have no idea the infatuation with Cortez.  People forget all the drama that followed them at Dollarway?  Forfeits, disorganization, etc.  I know they rode talent to some big wins and a run here and there, but I also know they'd 100% take days off from practice after a big win and other assorted foolishness.  That comes from some good players who played for him, not a bunch of second hand, grapevine stuff.

Lionheart88

To be fair, Dollarway is a mess for reasons that have nothing to do with him.  The District's been under state control for how long?  I know I've been hearing rumors for at least a decade that the district's going to be consolidated in the next couple of years.  I can't imagine it's easy to Coach in such an environment.  In the (admittedly minimal) interactions I've had with him during his time at White Hall (and even a few before) he's always been a total class act.  Committed, hard-working, good with the kids, etc.  I don't think I've heard a bad word about him from anyone at White Hall.

1reddieLB

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 20, 2019, 12:39:27 pm
To be fair, Dollarway is a mess for reasons that have nothing to do with him.  The District's been under state control for how long?  I know I've been hearing rumors for at least a decade that the district's going to be consolidated in the next couple of years.  I can't imagine it's easy to Coach in such an environment.  In the (admittedly minimal) interactions I've had with him during his time at White Hall (and even a few before) he's always been a total class act.  Committed, hard-working, good with the kids, etc.  I don't think I've heard a bad word about him from anyone at White Hall.

I've heard one person say good and the next say the opposite. That's coaching! If your right they might be making a good decision. I do know a "good program" is about more than just getting them out of the halls. And i Do think this decision was made some time ago.

airitout

so who did they hire?

HeberFan

The Ref

HeberFan

Quote from: The Ref on March 29, 2019, 03:39:37 pm
Who'd they hire?

Have no idea, just wanted to say Go Comets !

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on March 29, 2019, 03:53:34 pm
Have no idea, just wanted to say Go Comets !

Only You would do such a thing!

Dr. Defense

Does anyone know who got this job? I've heard a name but can't confirm it

The Ref

Quote from: Dr. Defense on March 29, 2019, 07:34:52 pm
Does anyone know who got this job? I've heard a name but can't confirm it
Lee is the only name I've heard

Dr. Defense

Quote from: The Ref on March 29, 2019, 07:40:15 pm
Lee is the only name I've heard

Interesting not the name I've heard

Sporty

Why the heck would they hire Lee????

JohnBarleycorn

Lee has been hired pending board approval.

purpleswag

Quote from: Sporty on April 01, 2019, 02:07:46 pm
Why the heck would they hire Lee????

Who cares... it's mills

HeberFan

Quote from: purpleswag on April 04, 2019, 05:20:50 am
Who cares... it's mills

Mills kids and parents care... as do those in their conference.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: Dr. Defense on March 30, 2019, 10:30:33 pm
Interesting not the name I've heard

Same, I heard a younger name. Guess it was not the case. Can't believe they hired Lee.

HeberFan

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on April 04, 2019, 10:01:54 am
Same, I heard a younger name. Guess it was not the case. Can't believe they hired Lee.

Let's give the new coach a chance, especially since, it's four months to the first game!

purpleswag

Quote from: HeberFan on April 04, 2019, 09:54:10 am

Mills kids and parents care... as do those in their conference.

I'de bet a paycheck that there aren't many of those caring parents in the stands on Friday. So again...who cares?

HeberFan

Quote from: purpleswag on April 04, 2019, 11:10:53 am
I'de bet a paycheck that there aren't many of those caring parents in the stands on Friday. So again...who cares?

Nobody will be in the stands Friday, season starts in August.

The players care, the coaches care, their friends and family care.

But you don't care, so, why are you on this thread?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on April 04, 2019, 11:31:38 am

I don't really think the players parents care, they certainly don't show up at the games.

purpleswag

Quote from: HeberFan on April 04, 2019, 11:31:38 am

That joke was too funny. The coaches care. The kids don't really. The parents really don't either. Unless we are talking basketball then yeah they care. And I'm here because it's a free country and someone asked why they would hire Lee.

My answer was who cares it's Mills

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 04, 2019, 11:50:02 am
I don't really think the players parents care, they certainly don't show up at the games.

I agree, fan support is weak. But, we have no idea what's going on with those families.

Sitting four hours at a football game is only one way of showing love.

HeberFan

Quote from: purpleswag on April 04, 2019, 11:50:31 am
That joke was too funny. The coaches care. The kids don't really. The parents really don't either. Unless we are talking basketball then yeah they care. And I'm here because it's a free country and someone asked why they would hire Lee.

My answer was who cares it's Mills

And my response was, lots of people care. You are factually wrong and socially undeveloped... both of which you are free to demonstrate in this country.

purpleswag

Quote from: HeberFan on April 04, 2019, 01:03:33 pm
And my response was, lots of people care. You are factually wrong and socially undeveloped... both of which you are free to demonstrate in this country.

I'm factually wrong yet you just admitted in the post above that the fan support is weak. You can attack me personally all you want but the fact is that the program is limping along just like many others in the state. Someone posted they only have 2 asst. total. But hey I guess no commitment from the admin, fans in the stands or players in the weight room in the summer is caring where you come from.

HeberFan

Quote from: purpleswag on April 04, 2019, 01:10:16 pm
I'm factually wrong yet you just admitted in the post above that the fan support is weak. You can attack me personally all you want but the fact is that the program is limping along just like many others in the state. Someone posted they only have 2 asst. total. But hey I guess no commitment from the admin, fans in the stands or players in the weight room in the summer is caring where you come from.

The kids that get out that and fight through an 0-10 season sure care.. that's more than sufficient.

purpleswag

Quote from: HeberFan on April 04, 2019, 02:31:50 pm
The kids that get out that and fight through an 0-10 season sure care.. that's more than sufficient.

Yet they don't show up to lift in the summer. There are kids on that team that care but not many.

millsalum

April 05, 2019, 10:30:51 am #48 Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:41:19 am by millsalum
Quote from: purpleswag on April 04, 2019, 05:20:50 am
Who cares... it's mills

Obviously, you do  ;)

If Mills has indeed hired Lee, I wish him nothing but the best! I hope he brings winning football back to Dixon Road.

FYI, Mills had 4 assistants last season.

Da Truff

I don't know much about Mills but I know that Lee had D-Way rolling for a while.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas