• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorites for 2019

Started by FootballFan00, January 16, 2019, 10:00:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FootballFan00

Is it too early to be talking about the favorites to win it all next year? Post who you think will be at War Memorial in December

HeberFan

Razorbacks will be at War Memorial once, and, lose.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on January 16, 2019, 01:47:48 pm

This is very likely... Missouri with Kelly Bryant tossing TD's to Jonothan Nance!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HeberFan on January 16, 2019, 01:47:48 pm
I think you are probably right on that one

SUGARTOWN

I guess we can just use this as the 2019 offseason thread: I see where the Elkins QB McClain is transferring to Fayetteville. He had a pretty good season last year for the Elks...

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 23, 2019, 11:01:05 am
I guess we can just use this as the 2019 offseason thread: I see where the Elkins QB McClain is transferring to Fayetteville. He had a pretty good season last year for the Elks...

Why would he transfer ?

Oldbadger

Fayetteville needs a quarterback.

7AFball

Sometimes the student and others involved think showcasing in 7A-6A is more likely to get college scouts notice rather than playing in 5A-3A, whether it football or basketball. It is what it is, but you know scouts will travel to 3A to 5A schools based on statistics and overall performances. Elkin's QB was a good team player I hear, but the returning sophomores and juniors hated the decision and were hurt, I am sure... I can see why.

SAME situation for college athletes moving to another school to perhaps get more recognition by the pro scouts and be on TV more, a la transferring to Alabama and Auburn instead of being at AR, Memphis State or Sebastian Jr. College or colleges out of the top 100...  ;).
Again, it is a "sign of the times", compared to the 60-80s...  :-\

beach bum

Just as a heads up if they didn't know that going up against Bentonville West, Bentonville, Harber, and Springdale will be a lot tougher than going up against defenses from Greenland, Huntsville, West Fork, Waldron, Subiaco, and Dover.

x14113

Most of McClain's supporting cast from last season will be gone, so he would've been shouldering the entire load at Elkins had he stayed.

scrapman

Probably had nothing to do with his HC leaving and going to Fayetteville. Probably no contact or recruiting going on there.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: scrapman on January 23, 2019, 08:10:09 pm
Probably had nothing to do with his HC leaving and going to Fayetteville. Probably no contact or recruiting going on there.

Public schools don't recruit

scrapman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 23, 2019, 08:23:42 pm
Oh yeah, it's against AAA rules. I forgot

HeberFan

Nobody ever recruited me in high school. Think my lack of talent had anything to do with it?  :o)

beach bum

Quote from: 7AFball on January 23, 2019, 07:08:50 pm
Sometimes the student and others involved think showcasing in 7A-6A is more likely to get college scouts notice rather than playing in 5A-3A, whether it football or basketball. It is what it is, but you know scouts will travel to 3A to 5A schools based on statistics and overall performances. Elkin's QB was a good team player I hear, but the returning sophomores and juniors hated the decision and were hurt, I am sure... I can see why.

SAME situation for college athletes moving to another school to perhaps get more recognition by the pro scouts and be on TV more, a la transferring to Alabama and Auburn instead of being at AR, Memphis State or Sebastian Jr. College or colleges out of the top 100...  ;).

6A and 7A will also potentially expose weaknesses a lot more than playing in a weak 4A conference padded with a cupcake non conference schedule.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 7AFball on January 23, 2019, 07:08:50 pm

Warren says  hi

Mulerider4Life

HAHA THAT'S FUNNY! You know that is a lie.

scrapman

Was this a favorite to win or favorite recruiting base thread.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: beach bum on January 23, 2019, 07:18:39 pm
Just as a heads up if they didn't know that going up against Bentonville West, Bentonville, Harber, and Springdale will be a lot tougher than going up against defenses from Greenland, Huntsville, West Fork, Waldron, Subiaco, and Dover.
He is still the best all around QB up here.  That tweet mentioned he would battle it out at QB with another kid at Fayetteville.  I had assumed Connor Flanigan would move back to QB, but with him being one of the best receivers in the state and this transfer, that probably won't happen.  Kid is a winner, though.

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

This Elkins quarterback looks really talented. Raw but the substance is there. Definitely will go watch a game of his next year.

ISU7

Quote from: scrapman on January 23, 2019, 08:27:24 pm
Oh yeah, it's against AAA rules. I forgot
Not if you was a member of the AAA and they do favors for you. ah choo!!!!!!! lol :-X

HorseFeathers

Forgot my sarcasm smiley on public schools not recruiting a couple months ago 😂

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas