• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Men’s Basketball 2019

Started by bulldoghistorian, January 05, 2019, 02:29:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Welcome to SEC play, we already have an upset in the books!
Alabama 77
Kentucky 75
Final
Bama's 1st win over Kentucky since 2011

beach bum

Thank you for starting this thread.... I am afraid our losses to Western Kentucky and Georgia Tech will require us to go 11-7 in conference now to get a bid. Had we won those games 9-9 or definitely 10-8 would have done the job..... 11-7 just does not seem likely the way we have played as of late... This makes me sad to say, but I will predict we go 7-11 and head to the NIT  :-[

bulldoghistorian

January 05, 2019, 03:31:08 pm #2 Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 03:33:02 pm by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: beach bum on January 05, 2019, 02:55:38 pm
Thank you for starting this thread.... I am afraid our losses to Western Kentucky and Georgia Tech will require us to go 11-7 in conference now to get a bid. Had we won those games 9-9 or definitely 10-8 would have done the job..... 11-7 just does not seem likely the way we have played as of late... This makes me sad to say, but I will predict we go 7-11 and head to the NIT  :-[
I think tonight is almost a must win for us!

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on January 05, 2019, 03:31:08 pm
I think tonight is almost a must win for us!

The first 7 games of SEC play will decide the entire year....Besides a trip to Knoxville the rest of the first 7 games are by far the easiest stretch in conference.... If we are going to get to a winning conference record we probably want to be 5-2 after the first 7. It's get pretty brutal in February.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on January 05, 2019, 03:38:15 pm
The first 7 games of SEC play will decide the entire year....Besides a trip to Knoxville the rest of the first 7 games are by far the easiest stretch in conference.... If we are going to get to a winning conference record we probably want to be 5-2 after the first 7. It's get pretty brutal in February.

+1

bulldoghistorian

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on January 05, 2019, 04:37:40 pm
Tennessee 96
Georgia 50
Final

That's a team capable of winning the whole thing.... Loaded with talent and experience.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on January 05, 2019, 05:01:35 pm
That's a team capable of winning the whole thing.... Loaded with talent and experience.
Absolutely!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on January 05, 2019, 02:29:46 pm
Welcome to SEC play, we already have an upset in the books!
Alabama 77
Kentucky 75
Final
Bama's 1st win over Kentucky since 2011
way to go Bama

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Road teams go 3-2 on opening day with Arkansas, Carolina, and Ole Miss all picking up road wins, while Bama and UT take care of home court.
With the exception of Tennessee and possibly Auburn, this league looks to be wide open! Gonna be a fun conference season!

bdubyab60

Lumberjackfan1978

Glad the Razorbacks got the road win yesterday.Just need to keep it going

bulldoghistorian

Tonight's schedule:
Tennessee at Mizzou, 6:00, ESPN2.
A&M at Kentucky, 6:00 SEC Network.
Bama at LSU, 8:00 SEC Network.
State at Carolina, 8:00, ESPNU.

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

South Carolina 87
Mississippi State 82
Final/OT

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bdubyab60

bulldoghistorian

Tonight's schedule:
Vandy at Georgia 5:30 SEC Network
Auburn at Ole Miss 6:00 ESPN2
Florida at Arkansas 7:30 SEC Network

Lumberjackfan1978

beach bum

Almost bought a last minute ticket to the game and I am glad I didn't.... The teams are a combined 0-20 from the 3 point line right now  :o .... We're lucky we're playing one of the worst offensive teams in the SEC or we would be down almost 20 points right now. It's just 12-7 thirteen minutes into this game. This isn't on MA.... It's just our guys being boneheaded throwing the ball away half the time and bricking wide open 3's

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on January 09, 2019, 08:05:35 pm
Almost bought a last minute ticket to the game and I am glad I didn't.... The teams are a combined 0-20 from the 3 point line right now  :o .... We're lucky we're playing one of the worst offensive teams in the SEC or we would be down almost 20 points right now. It's just 12-7 thirteen minutes into this game. This isn't on MA.... It's just our guys being boneheaded throwing the ball away half the time and bricking wide open 3's
Ugly!

bulldoghistorian

beach bum

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on January 09, 2019, 08:10:21 pm
Ole Miss 82
Auburn 67
Final

Ole Miss appears to not only one of the most improved teams in the SEC, but in the whole country. Not saying they are world beaters or anything.... but they may make the tourney or at least look like they can. And they were absolutely horrible last season.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: beach bum on January 09, 2019, 08:18:15 pm

Ole Miss appears to not only one of the most improved teams in the SEC, but in the whole country. Not saying they are world beaters or anything.... but they may make the tourney or at least look like they can. And they were absolutely horrible last season.

They are definitely a surprise!

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on January 09, 2019, 08:05:35 pm
Well it is MAs fault they keep hoisting them up. Luckily Florida is bad too

bulldoghistorian

bdubyab60

Guess you could say nice run to get back in it. Still a loss though. More on the horizon.

Remember when teams were scared to come in to our place and play us. 3 of 4 losses at home.

We should not have shooting woes like this at our place.

And folks are still saying this is a tourney team and the next few years has threat in the tourney written all over it. WHERE? I haven't seen it. Had to have a guy get hit in the last game to pull that out.

Anyone have a VCR player so I can watch what Razorback basketball is capable of being

HorseFeathers

bdubyab60

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 09, 2019, 10:01:40 pm
Here bdub https://youtu.be/L37RtiEj4Jw
You the man. Everyone that is watching what is going on right now with Razorback basketball needs to watch this. Watch what this program is capable of.

Then try and tell me what we are watching and have watched is EVER going to get there.

No consistency in shooting, defense or anything basketball related.

And don't get me started on the Bailey shot at the end of this game. Bailey rarely helps this team and gets the minutes he does.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 09, 2019, 10:15:11 pm
You the man. Everyone that is watching what is going on right now with Razorback basketball needs to watch this. Watch what this program is capable of.

Then try and tell me what we are watching and have watched is EVER going to get there.

No consistency in shooting, defense or anything basketball related.

And don't get me started on the Bailey shot at the end of this game. Bailey rarely helps this team and gets the minutes he does.
just pitiful.It's sad.

bulldoghistorian

Ole Miss 81
At Mississippi State 77
Final
They are for sure the surprise of the conference!

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Auburn 93
Georgia 78
Final
Game was at Auburn.

bulldoghistorian

Kentucky 56
Vandy 47
Final