• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do the Championships in 4A Work?

Started by cannon, January 01, 2019, 12:54:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cannon

I need some education, fellas. My Kids attend a school that moved down from 5A to 4A this season, so I'm ignorant of the protocol. When they were in 5A, a single win in the district tournament got you a bid to state, and there were no regionals. So how does it work under the current conference dynamic?  How many wins at district does it take to get to regionals, and how many wins at regionals does it take to get to the state tournament?

I know those probably sound like stupid questions, but I'm seriously in the dark on how post season works in 4A-3.

Basketballfan13

District it depends on how your bracket is set up, but in the end the 4 teams that make the semis will move on to regionals. In regionals the 4 teams that win their first round game will move on to state. The next two games in regionals just determines seeding for state.

cannon

J12

4A-3 will match up with a tough district in regionals.  If you your team makes it out that regional and onto state, you beat a good team.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: J12 on January 01, 2019, 06:43:24 pm
4A-3 will match up with a tough district in regionals.  If you your team makes it out that regional and onto state, you beat a good team.

Definitely Agree!!

cannon

Quote from: J12 on January 01, 2019, 06:43:24 pm

That won't happen — at least not with our (V.V.) girls.  But I think there is a remote possibility of seeing regional action.  Batesville, Brookland, and Highland will certainly be ceded 1 - 3 at the district. In my estimation, that leaves Pokey and Southside to battle it out with Valley View for the 4/5 game, and the possibility of a win against one of those teams, although remote, isn't a complete absurdity. Gotta make sure my calendar reflects the possibility of a one game road trip.   :D

J12

Quote from: cannon on January 01, 2019, 10:07:12 pm
That won't happen — at least not with our (V.V.) girls.  But I think there is a remote possibility of seeing regional action.  Batesville, Brookland, and Highland will certainly be ceded 1 - 3 at the district. In my estimation, that leaves Pokey and Southside to battle it out with Valley View for the 4/5 game, and the possibility of a win against one of those teams, although remote, isn't a complete absurdity. Gotta make sure my calendar reflects the possibility of a one game road trip.   :D

My mistake. My OP was about the boys side of regionals.

cannon

Quote from: J12 on January 02, 2019, 08:43:50 am
My mistake. My OP was about the boys side of regionals.

Nah, my bad - I was vague.  So, on the subject, what district will 4a-3 match up against at regionals?

Camajam1

Quote from: cannon on January 02, 2019, 11:57:43 am
Nah, my bad - I was vague.  So, on the subject, what district will 4a-3 match up against at regionals?
4a-3 gets 4a-2 in regionals. They have mills, estem, forrest city and stuttgart. The first three are probably all top 5 in 4a and Stuttgart isn't far behind

J12

Quote from: Camajam1 on January 02, 2019, 01:30:19 pm
4a-3 gets 4a-2 in regionals. They have mills, estem, forrest city and stuttgart. The first three are probably all top 5 in 4a and Stuttgart isn't far behind

4A-5* but yea, that is a salty conference. 7 legit state tournament teams and only 4 will go. Was it Stuttgart who got bounced in district last year?  They were really good, from what I remember.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: J12 on January 02, 2019, 02:51:46 pm
4A-5* but yea, that is a salty conference. 7 legit state tournament teams and only 4 will go. Was it Stuttgart who got bounced in district last year?  They were really good, from what I remember.

Yes, Stuttgart & Helena Central both won their blended 4A/3A conference and lost in the 1st round of the 4A District. 

Riverview was the 3 Seed out of that district in Regionals and then made it to the State Semis almost knocking Baptist out that night (if it weren't for McBride's 25 footer at the buzzer).

J12

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on January 02, 2019, 03:10:42 pm
Yes, Stuttgart & Helena Central both won their blended 4A/3A conference and lost in the 1st round of the 4A District. 

Riverview was the 3 Seed out of that district in Regionals and then made it to the State Semis almost knocking Baptist out that night (if it weren't for McBride's 25 footer at the buzzer).

Yep. Watched that happen live. Instead Westside got to play McBride, and well the rest of history.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: J12 on January 02, 2019, 03:41:39 pm
Yep. Watched that happen live. Instead Westside got to play McBride, and well the rest of history.

Baptist & Riverview played each other 3 times in Tournament play in about two weeks time, and Riverview kept changing game plans until they found one that worked (or almost worked) 52-36, 71-45, then 42-40.

wait4it

Regional pairings

4A-3 gets 4A-5
4A-1 gets 4A-5
4A-7 gets 4A-8

godeep

Wait4it how does 4A-5 have 2 different conferences they compete against?

wait4it

My apologies.

1 gets 4
3 gets 5
7 gets 8

godeep

wait4it

January 02, 2019, 10:22:25 pm #17 Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:31:15 pm by wait4it
Early prediction.

Which 4 from each conference make regional?

arkcrash

1-4A
Berryville
Farmington
Harrison
Gravette/Pea Ridge

Hawk4L

1-4A these 3 are locks I think. Not sure on the 4th
Harrison
Pea ridge
Farmington

HogCall11

cannon

4A-3
Girls
Batesville
Highland
Brookland
Southside

Boys:
Westside
Brookland
Blytheville
Valley View

wait4it

January 03, 2019, 08:18:56 pm #22 Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 08:30:35 am by wait4it
4A-8 Girls (no order)
Star City
Warren
Camden
Monticello

Boys (no order)
Camden
Monticello
Magnolia
Star City

Hawk4L

Quote from: HogCall11 on January 03, 2019, 12:30:22 pm
Were those girls or boys predictions?
They were Boys.

Girls will be
Pea Ridge
Farmington
Berryville
Harrison

Go Postal

Thanks for all the info for us that are still thinking 5A like we have forever.  So, district, regional, state is the correct order for 4A basketball.  Is 4A baseball, softball and soccer the same way?

wait4it

Regional then state for sure...some conferences may not have district tournament.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Go Postal on January 10, 2019, 12:42:00 pm
Thanks for all the info for us that are still thinking 5A like we have forever.  So, district, regional, state is the correct order for 4A basketball.  Is 4A baseball, softball and soccer the same way?
Baseball and softball should be the same way, but I am not sure if there are enough teams for a district tournament in soccer. I think it might be Regionals and then State or it may just be top teams from the conference make State. I am not 100% sure.

3 Dollar

Baseball and Softball are District Tournament (If that conference plays one.  Some don't), then top 4 to Region, then top 4 from Region to State.  And that is just 1A-4A!

Don't keep up with Soccer, so I'm not sure how that works.

The Coach

Some conf play a conf tourney in soccer and some don't. The 4A West is playing a conf tourney. Not sure about the others.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas