• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Izard County take on Springdale Har Ber?

Started by BadBoyBulldog, December 20, 2018, 09:57:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BadBoyBulldog

ICC takes on Springdale Har Ber in the Bad Boy Mowers Ronnie Brogdon Classic on Dec 26

Can they win?

baller334

Yes there's no doubt they can win and I would say they should be the favorite in this game. Harber is down quite a bit this year and Izard County is really good.

Ctucker

BallHawk225

I like Izard County. They will make a deep run in the 1A(Most likely win it all) but I have seen har-ber play and they will dominate due to size. Har-Ber has huge center listed at 6'8 he is monster he is only a sophomore.

D6Bound

Quote from: BallHawk225 on December 20, 2018, 01:27:13 pm
I like Izard County. They will make a deep run in the 1A(Most likely win it all) but I have seen har-ber play and they will dominate due to size. Har-Ber has huge center listed at 6'8 he is monster he is only a sophomore.
Why hasn't Har-Ber dominated in size all season then? Such as Pine Bluff who Izard County beat and Har-Ber lost to?

Ctucker

I've seen several 6'8 kids that are not very good! You need better reasoning than that!

Ctucker

I have a question i thought all private schools played up a class so how does a private school plays in the lowest classification?

Ctucker

Quote from: Ctucker on December 20, 2018, 02:09:30 pm
I have a question i thought all private schools played up a class so how does a private school plays in the lowest classification?
.   Wrong thread my Bad!

501 to 870

This is comical! ICC outclasses, no pun intended, Har-Ber! ICC wins pretty easy.

Flobbito

Quote from: BadBoyBulldog on December 20, 2018, 09:57:23 am
ICC takes on Springdale Har Ber in the Bad Boy Mowers Ronnie Brogdon Classic on Dec 26

Can they win?

I like ICC in this one.

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on December 20, 2018, 02:09:30 pm
I think you were thinking about the New School on the other thread that has played Har Ber a few times this year.  And to answer your question, I think they boost them up a spot if their enrollment is at a certain level like CAC or LRC or SC.  But some of these new Haas Hall types are new and their enrollment is so small, that they are below even the smallest classification levels.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: YSpanther on December 20, 2018, 04:27:27 pm
I think you were thinking about the New School on the other thread that has played Har Ber a few times this year.  And to answer your question, I think they boost them up a spot if their enrollment is at a certain level like CAC or LRC or SC.  But some of these new Haas Hall types are new and their enrollment is so small, that they are below even the smallest classification levels.

75 is that number

And if all they have is 6'8 center, I figure Cooper will be okay 🤷

But he is just a 1a kid so who knows

D6Bound

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 24, 2018, 09:19:49 am
75 is that number

And if all they have is 6'8 center, I figure Cooper will be okay 🤷

But he is just a 1a kid so who knows
yup. Just a 1A kid with an offer to D1 South Alabama

HorseFeathers

Quote from: D6Bound on December 24, 2018, 08:17:19 pm
yup. Just a 1A kid with an offer to D1 South Alabama

My point.... The few times I've got to watch him, he does what a D1 kid should do at the 1a level too...

Charlie Jenkins

Har Ber just got 3 new players eligible at Christmas. Better watch out Izard County !!

501 to 870

Quote from: Charlie Jenkins on December 25, 2018, 09:05:04 pm
Har Ber just got 3 new players eligible at Christmas. Better watch out Izard County !!
Good! From what I've heard they needed some help! Should be a good one! ICC, I've seen them twice, has kids that can play! Rather it be in 6A or a lower classification! Point blank!!

Oxford Cat

It would be rare for kids to become eligible before the beginning of the 2nd semester.

D6Bound

Oxford Cat

Quote from: D6Bound on December 26, 2018, 06:20:45 pm
Heard ICC won 78-48. Can someone confirm?
Confirmed. Great performance by Cougars in the 2nd half.

D6Bound

Well this post aged quickly. Maybe they had a few kids playing football like NLR?  ;)

D6Bound

Quote from: Oxford Cat on December 26, 2018, 06:29:23 pm
Confirmed. Great performance by Cougars in the 2nd half.
We were both off. 84-54 was the final lol

Ctucker

. Well they didn't help much!

Mr. Basketball

Mmmm...Har Ber beats New School by 12 and Har Ber gets beat 30 by Izard County.

Oxford Cat

It was announced at the game that this was the first time a Class A team had beaten a team from the State's highest classification.

Brian G

Quote from: Oxford Cat on December 26, 2018, 09:33:48 pm
It was announced at the game that this was the first time a Class A team had beaten a team from the State's highest classification.
I don't think this is true.  Lots of games over the years. 

501 to 870

Quote from: Oxford Cat on December 26, 2018, 09:33:48 pm
Rather that is true or not. Springdale Har Ber is no powerhouse. Mediocre at best. ICC was the better team. Anyone who knows basketball could see that!! That isn't even close to the best team ICC has played all year.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: B.G. on December 26, 2018, 11:21:45 pm
If not true, someone on here should be able to prove it wrong.

D6Bound

December 26, 2018, 11:41:27 pm #29 Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:05:26 am by D6Bound
Quote from: 501 to 870 on December 26, 2018, 11:30:09 pm
Rather that is true or not. Springdale Har Ber is no powerhouse. Mediocre at best. ICC was the better team. Anyone who knows basketball could see that!! That isn't even close to the best team ICC has played all year.
Define "mediocre" because Har-Ber would beat any other 1A team this year (Like they did with New School, by double digits) and would be a legitimate contender in 2A.

Edit: I agree with you that this is far from the best team that ICC played and state wide, they are mediocre. But put them against 1-3A schools and they'd beat 95% of them.

Oldref

December 27, 2018, 08:47:19 am #30 Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:55:34 am by Oldref
Quote from: B.G. on December 26, 2018, 11:21:45 pm
Tiny Parkdale Arkansas class B at the time won the overall state tournament in late 70's or early 80's. Its always good when a small achool can step up and win against the big boys. BIC beat Jonesboro a couple of times in the early 90's which was fun to watch. ICC is good enough to play and possibly beat anyone any class this year. Those teams come along every once in a while and glad they do. Bay, BIC, EPC,Earle and now ICC have had those teams in the past. I always just consider A and AA teams about the same level of talent especially the top teams in those classes. Fun to watch.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: Oldref on December 27, 2018, 08:47:19 am
Tiny Parkdale Arkansas class B at the time won the overall state tournament in late 70's or early 80's. Its always good when a small achool can step up and win against the big boys. BIC beat Jonesboro a couple of times in the early 90's which was fun to watch. ICC is good enough to play and possibly beat anyone any class this year. Those teams come along every once in a while and glad they do. Bay, BIC, EPC,Earle and now ICC have had those teams in the past. I always just consider A and AA teams about the same level of talent especially the top teams in those classes. Fun to watch.
We checked Parkdale. They didn't defeat a team from the highest classification on their way to the championship. BIC has always been AA haven't they?

Woodrow1

Quote from: Oldref on December 27, 2018, 08:47:19 am

Melbourne wasn't too bad of a small school in the early 2000's either.  Pretty much could play with or beat anyone.

Ctucker

Quote from: Oxford Cat on December 27, 2018, 09:17:10 am
We checked Parkdale. They didn't defeat a team from the highest classification on their way to the championship. BIC has always been AA haven't they?
somebody in that tournament did and Parkdale beat them

HorseFeathers

Closest I can think of off hand....Is two 1a over 6a from last year...but that wouldn't have been the biggest class...
County line beat greenwood by 30+
Kirby beat Lake Hamilton and Russellville....but was crushed by 7a Conway..

Woodrow1

Quote from: D6Bound on December 26, 2018, 11:41:27 pm
Define "mediocre" because Har-Ber would beat any other 1A team this year (Like they did with New School, by double digits) and would be a legitimate contender in 2A.

Edit: I agree with you that this is far from the best team that ICC played and state wide, they are mediocre. But put them against 1-3A schools and they'd beat 95% of them.

I was told by an old coach that was at the game that Har-Ber would definitely be in the bottom couple teams in 7A.  That is still a very good win for a 1A school.  Like i have said previously, ICC shouldn't get beat by a 1A school this year, as long as they stay healthy.

D6Bound

December 27, 2018, 11:33:20 am #36 Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:35:06 am by D6Bound
People seem to be forgetting the point of the argument, the argument is that no Arkansas Class A team has ever beaten a team from the highest classification until yesterday...nobody said anything about class A teams not being fully capable of in the past, they've just never done it.

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on December 27, 2018, 10:57:14 am
I was told by an old coach that was at the game that Har-Ber would definitely be in the bottom couple teams in 7A.  That is still a very good win for a 1A school.  Like i have said previously, ICC shouldn't get beat by a 1A school this year, as long as they stay healthy.
somebody needs to fact check me on this, but last night I was told that there were 3 kids from Har-Ber that were ranked ahead of Cooper on the state player rankings or whatever it's called. And Cooper had 31 I think, and shot 8-9 on threes, the only three he missed was a turn around jumper at the end of the half. But once again, this is what I've heard. Not sure if it's 100% true or not.

Ctucker

Parkdale won overall in 1979 can't remember who they beat in final! But Pine Pluff won the highest classification that year!

Brian G

Lots of restructure over the years.

Class B was the smallest for years.  Class 4A was the largest forever.  In that time, you know there were some small school powers teams that beat a 4A(largest). 

Brian G

Now, I'm not diminishing the win by Izard.  Just saying it's likely not unique.

Moonshiner

There haven't always been 6 classifications.  Class B used to be the smallest classification.  Back then I think the highest class was 4A?
There were some really good class B schools that have since consolidated.
Conway St. Joseph used to be a B school.  Seems like I remember them beating one of the Little Rock schools back several years ago.
It will be interesting to see where the state paper puts ICC in their overall rankings.
I personally believe they belong.

Sparklemoon

Quote from: Woodrow1 on December 27, 2018, 09:20:14 am
Melbourne wasn't too bad of a small school in the early 2000's either.  Pretty much could play with or beat anyone.

Did they ever make it to the finals ?

HorseFeathers

December 27, 2018, 01:37:31 pm #43 Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 01:52:48 pm by HorseFeathers
I mean if you give me the entire 111 year history of the AAA....Leslie had an enrollment of 57 kids in high school when they upset Little Rock high on their home court for the 1921 state championship 🤷

SackAttack

Y'all dont make the historian in Sack come out and tell y'all how good it used to be! Cause I will if I have to! Lots of wrongness in those previous posts by you prisoners of the moment

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on December 27, 2018, 01:54:54 pm
Y'all dont make the historian in Sack come out and tell y'all how good it used to be! Cause I will if I have to! Lots of wrongness in those previous posts by you prisoners of the moment

Bring some history

D6Bound

I'd like to also see how many times a Class A school has mercy ruled a highest classification school in Arkansas History  :D

Brian G

I think they were 2A at the time, but I saw Junction City with James Anderson beat 5A(no 7A yet) Fayetteville at the Holiday Hoops Classic in 2004 or 2005. 

There are many examples like that I'm sure.

Likely very common for girls, but that's another subject.

D6Bound

Quote from: B.G. on December 27, 2018, 02:14:11 pm
I think they were 2A at the time, but I saw Junction City with James Anderson beat 5A(no 7A yet) Fayetteville at the Holiday Hoops Classic in 2004 or 2005. 

There are many examples like that I'm sure.

Likely very common for girls, but that's another subject.
James Anderson was the best Arkansas high school player I've ever seen.

Brian G

I am a Fayetteville alum and my son was on that team.  FHS wasn't very good that day and Anderson was awesome.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas