• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WAY to early top 10

Started by FNL_hero, December 10, 2018, 01:30:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FNL_hero

Just cant seem to let go of football season.

My picks:
1. Prescott: they're always in the mix, and with their underclassemen coming up think they'll be stout.
2 Osceola: The state game was a tough pill to swallow for most, but they return almost everyone.
3. Bville: lost some but they're still the defending state champions
4. Rison: coming up from 2A, and competing well i think they'll be right along in the mix.
5. Newport: They were overrated this year, but they bring up some talented underclassmen and take stride.
6. CHG: same thing as rison. Hung with a mighty Bville team for a little bit.
7. Mcgehee: Always consistant and never at the back of the pack, fully expect them to be ready
8. Harding academy: they're going to be back next year and make a great season.
9. Glen Rose: Hated by many, but respected by most. They will make a run.
10. Charleston: Bad year but they'll be ready.

1wildcat

No Clinton? Coolbreaze is not gonna like you leaving out the second best team in the state.

HG Hornet

Quote from: FNL_hero on December 10, 2018, 01:30:35 pm
Just cant seem to let go of football season.

My picks:
1. Prescott: they're always in the mix, and with their underclassemen coming up think they'll be stout.
2 Osceola: The state game was a tough pill to swallow for most, but they return almost everyone.
3. Bville: lost some but they're still the defending state champions
4. Rison: coming up from 2A, and competing well i think they'll be right along in the mix.
5. Newport: They were overrated this year, but they bring up some talented underclassmen and take stride.
6. CHG: same thing as rison. Hung with a mighty Bville team for a little bit.
7. Mcgehee: Always consistant and never at the back of the pack, fully expect them to be ready
8. Harding academy: they're going to be back next year and make a great season.
9. Glen Rose: Hated by many, but respected by most. They will make a run.
10. Charleston: Bad year but they'll be ready.
I'll take it.  Just about sums it up.......we did hang in there for a while.  Led 6-0 at the end of the first, and yes they had their starters in the entire first quarter!  :) 

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on December 10, 2018, 02:50:17 pm
No Clinton? Coolbreaze is not gonna like you leaving out the second best team in the state.

LOL That's funny right there

WorkOrder

I read somewhere that Osceola was losing a bunch of kids this year........Not true???

501Arkansas

Quote from: WorkOrder on December 11, 2018, 07:24:40 am
I read somewhere that Osceola was losing a bunch of kids this year........Not true???
We are losing the two burks brothers, QB/CB Carl miner, LB/WR jariq Scales, CB Rico Moore, SS Jamarion Veasley, WR Jeremiah Tobar, WR/CB Ike Caruthers, RB/LB Titus Harris, OL/DT Keyshawn Scales, T/DE Torrance Stewart, OT/DL Jason Ugalde, OT/DE Jacob O'Kane, C/DT Jaylen Alexander and NG/G Chris Jackson. As of right now we have 24 guys coming back. I don't know if anymore freshman's will step up etc. Have a lineman that's coming off a season ending injury that's coming back and a WR that missed the last 4-5 games with a knee injury

Jimbo Morphis

Soooooooooooooooooo that means Rivercrest will lose some?

CatPride

Quote from: Oldman on December 11, 2018, 08:02:08 am
+1 LOL

501Arkansas

Maybe so, bring them on to Osceola 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

FNL_hero

The most competitive conferences is going to go from:
1. 3A-5: has 3 teams that are above average (Smackover, Prescott, and CHG)
2. 3A-3 has 2 teams that are above average (Osceola, and Newport)
3. 3A-6 has 2 teams that are above average (Rison, and Mcgehee)
4. 3A-1 has 2 teams that are above average (Booneville, and Charleston)
5. 3A-4 has 1 good team and a overrated Mayflower team (Glen Rose)
6. 3A-2 this conference is the weakest in 3A, number 1 seed makes it to the second and gets beat by 18.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: FNL_hero on December 11, 2018, 01:14:04 pm
The most competitive conferences is going to go from:
1. 3A-5: has 3 teams that are above average (Smackover, Prescott, and CHG)
2. 3A-3 has 2 teams that are above average (Osceola, and Newport)
3. 3A-6 has 2 teams that are above average (Rison, and Mcgehee)
4. 3A-1 has 2 teams that are above average (Booneville, and Charleston)
5. 3A-4 has 1 good team and a overrated Mayflower team (Glen Rose)
6. 3A-2 this conference is the weakest in 3A, number 1 seed makes it to the second and gets beat by 18.
This looks strangely like this year's finish, except for Charleston. The only thing I see that is a definite repeat is that the 3A-2 will be the weakest conference with only three teams that might be at least competitive and perhaps only six schools even to field a team.

That said, it is likely that Smackover, Prescott and CHG will finish atop the 3A-5. I also don't see anyone challenging Newport and Oscoloa for the top spots in the 3A-3. With their history, Rison and McGhee will be forces in the 3A-6, but someone else (e.g., Barton) could challenge their dominance. Glen Rose will likely win the 3A-4, but Mayflower will not be a factor. Booneville will likely be a contender in the 3A-1, but I'm not sure if Charleston will make it back to the top by next year. It may take a little longer.

doggieskoot2

3a 4 might be the weakest.

Mayflower is way down
Danville is way down
Atkins will be way down
No clue about Glen Rose  I'm sure the conference is theirs to lose.

FNL_hero

Mayflower was never up. They were just overrated in a weak conference. Glen Rose is always competitive.

panther07

Quote from: FNL_hero on December 13, 2018, 09:50:48 am
Mayflower was never up. They were just overrated in a weak conference. Glen Rose is always competitive.

mayflower had 2 dynamic players that are now gone.  They will not even be the mayflower of recent years.

Coach79

Quote from: CatPride on December 11, 2018, 08:58:12 am
+1 LOL

There is really no need to "bring" them.  Osceola is more than happy to go by and pick them up for school, practice, games etc..

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coach79 on December 13, 2018, 06:43:48 pm
There is really no need to "bring" them.  Osceola is more than happy to go by and pick them up for school, practice, games etc..
Pick who up?

beaverfan007

Glen rose should make state championships run in 2019

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 14, 2018, 06:51:01 am
Glen rose should make state championships run in 2019
Them and Clinton, yep Spring time State Champs every year.

panther07

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2018, 08:01:47 am
Them and Clinton, yep Spring time State Champs every year.

I think Clinton was better than they got credit for this past year, and I hate Glen Rose, but comparing those two in terms of what NORMALLY takes place on the field is a stretch.  GR gets it done far more often than clinton. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: panther07 on December 14, 2018, 08:49:13 am
I think Clinton was better than they got credit for this past year, and I hate Glen Rose, but comparing those two in terms of what NORMALLY takes place on the field is a stretch.  GR gets it done far more often than clinton. 
Spring time is not on the field.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: panther07 on December 14, 2018, 08:49:13 am

Both are always over rated!!!

KOJACK

Clinton was the second best team Prescott played this year imo.

nastynice

Quote from: KOJACK on December 14, 2018, 11:07:25 am
On the way home from LR Saturday, we said exact same thing. Clinton could possibly be the 3rd-4th best team this year. 

KOJACK

Quote from: nastynice on December 14, 2018, 11:22:44 am
On the way home from LR Saturday, we said exact same thing. Clinton could possibly be the 3rd-4th best team this year.
I agree. Folks don't realize how good they were.

Jimbo Morphis

I believe that but every year they walk through their conference.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2018, 11:59:14 am
I believe that but every year they walk through their conference.
Next year, they might have a bit more of a challenge. Harding Academy has a lot coming back and will have had another year to get comfortable with the new coaching staff and new system. But beyond that, it probably will be a cake walk, but most conferences this year had two or three teams who walked over everyone else.

gold45

I watched Booneville, Prescott, Clinton, and Osceola play.  I would rank them in that order.

Paperman

Quote from: gold45 on December 14, 2018, 10:21:38 pm
I watched Booneville, Prescott, Clinton, and Osceola play.  I would rank them in that order.
So did I. Clinton and Prescott were not better than Osceola. Not even close. Clinton is considtently the most over rated team in this classification.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Paperman on December 15, 2018, 04:04:14 pm
So did I. Clinton and Prescott were not better than Osceola. Not even close. Clinton is considtently the most over rated team in this classification.

I know the rain hindered Osceola against Booneville, but not THAT much. I think Osceola was equally as talented as Prescott, if not more so, but IMO Prescott was the better team. They were better coached by far and that was shown by the score against Booneville. Even on a dry field, Booneville beats Osceola by multiple scores. If Booneville played Prescott 10 times, Prescott probably wins 5 times.

jay nelvin

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 15, 2018, 05:59:24 pm
I know the rain hindered Osceola against Booneville, but not THAT much. I think Osceola was equally as talented as Prescott, if not more so, but IMO Prescott was the better team. They were better coached by far and that was shown by the score against Booneville. Even on a dry field, Booneville beats Osceola by multiple scores. If Booneville played Prescott 10 times, Prescott probably wins 5 times.
Thank you for the compliment!

ISU7

They are losing some key players.

ISU7

Maybe for real Oldman..Lol ;D ;D

Leo Marvin

Newport loses a lot of their line to graduation.  They will be young but talented.  Lots of work to do, but the future should be bright.

Not sure if the interior play will be enough to make them one of the elite teams of 2019.

Greyhound24

A lot of talent at Newport the next few years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas