• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - McGehee @ Prescott

Started by owl84, November 17, 2018, 01:44:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

owl84

November 17, 2018, 01:44:41 am Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:28:07 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
I think this is going to be a heck of a game. Is the field grass or turf?

HeadBussa08

Jimbo Morphis

The last game I watched there was a classic.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Oldman on November 17, 2018, 03:21:11 am
The last game I watched there was a classic.
Yep 48 to 42 Owls in OT. 

Jimbo Morphis

No trash talk from me this week. I have a lot of respect for this program.

Waterboy94

Ought to be game of the week. If my team was out, this is the one I would watch.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 17, 2018, 09:29:26 am
Ought to be game of the week. If my team was out, this is the one I would watch.
Osceola at Smackover will be the game of the week.

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on November 17, 2018, 09:09:58 am
No trash talk from me this week. I have a lot of respect for this program.
Same here

jay nelvin

12 State titles between the both (Owls 7 CWs 5).

WonderWartHawg

Will be tough to come out on top at Prescott, but not impossible.
McGehee has a good team. People overlooked them due to their early losses - but the losses were to a 5A team, a couple of good 4A teams and Rison. They were without their top running back for part of that time I believe.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 17, 2018, 10:16:54 am
Will be tough to come out on top at Prescott, but not impossible.
McGehee has a good team. People overlooked them due to their early losses - but the losses were to a 5A team, a couple of good 4A teams and Rison. They were without their top running back for part of that time I believe.
Is this the new math. McGehee has only 3 losses.

1wildcat

Much respect for both teams. Game of the week or not it will probably be the best game. This one could go either way.I expect a knock down drag out that McGehee some how finds a way to win by a point or two.

HG Hornet

I'm going with Prescott at home. 

blackandoldgold

I think McGehee surprised a few folks in not only beating Newport on the road, but doubling them up. Prescott is really tough. Should be a barn burner. Having disposed of Clinton, Prescott should defeat McGehee.

hootingowl

Owls are rolling. Defense played best game of year vs Newport. Jump on the owl bandwagon! To many athletes on this team to go down now. Gonna be very hard to beat em. OWLS 34 Curley wolves 21

ISU7

CatPride

Did McGehee "surprise" some folks, or did they finally expose an average Newport team?

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: CatPride on November 18, 2018, 08:58:35 am
Did McGehee "surprise" some folks, or did they finally expose an average Newport team?
[/quote
Nailed it

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CatPride on November 18, 2018, 08:58:35 am
Yes

Jimbo Morphis

Where is the best place to eat before the game?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Oldman on November 18, 2018, 10:38:35 am
My house, left over Thanksgiving!!! 

Jimbo Morphis

CURLEYWOLF24

Smackover Fan

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Smackover Fan on November 18, 2018, 03:20:50 pm
Prescott by 2 scores.
Sure hope not. Would be sad for McGehee and Smorphlet to start basketball the same week. At least we are good at basketball.

Linebacker

Jimbo Morphis

ea cat

Horse Shoe

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 17, 2018, 01:52:24 am
Best Grass field in the state
Without a doubt.  Very nice Natural Turf.

Waterboy94

I think owls are hot right now. Seem to be playing good ball.  Game should be tight, and could go either way.  Owls 26-20?

Jimbo Morphis

What is the best route to Prescott coming through Camden?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 12:59:08 pm
What is the best route to Prescott coming through Camden?
Hwy 24 through Bluff City into Prescott.  Hopefully the hunters have killed some deer population, if not watch out for Bambi.....

oasistrader

knownothingboutfallball

Just stopped at a gas station in McGehee and they are pumped about beating the Curley Wolves

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on November 19, 2018, 06:12:12 pm
Just stopped at a gas station in McGehee and they are pumped about beating the Curley Wolves
Who is they?

Linebacker

Hey old man, how good is McGhee this year? I haven't seen them play this year? Do you have a prediction?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Linebacker on November 19, 2018, 07:50:14 pm
Hey old man, how good is McGhee this year? I haven't seen them play this year? Do you have a prediction?
We're pretty good when we don't turn it over. I don't do predictions. I did but $100 on the Rams to win the Super Bowl the first week of the season at 10-1. So there's that one.

Warriors023

imtie

HungryHippo

McGehee is playing t-ball... Prescott wins by 3 scores, at least

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 06:51:17 pm
Who is they?
Some folks at the station didn't get names I was just passing through. I like good rich traditions football towns

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 19, 2018, 01:15:05 pm
Hwy 24 through Bluff City into Prescott.  Hopefully the hunters have killed some deer population, if not watch out for Bambi.....
Would going to Rosston and up be a little farther but less deer?

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2018, 02:38:16 pm
Would going to Rosston and up be a little farther but less deer?
Deer are pretty thick through there too. That's the way I go because I live off of 278.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Oldman on November 18, 2018, 10:38:35 am
Casa Carlos out by the interstate is pretty good, if not that you have TA truck stop with a buffet.  Fast food, we have Sonic, Pizza Hut, Hardees, Taco Bell, and Subway.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 20, 2018, 02:58:00 pm
Casa Carlos out by the interstate is pretty good, if not that you have TA truck stop with a buffet.  Fast food, we have Sonic, Pizza Hut, Hardees, Taco Bell, and Subway.
Can't do fast food, Will probably try the Mexican place. Whatever my son wants to do. Thanks for the info. Hope the rain is over by then.

CURLEYWOLF24

The field drains pretty good, no worries there.  Last forecast I seen was a couple showers Friday morning.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 20, 2018, 03:21:24 pm
The field drains pretty good, no worries there.  Last forecast I seen was a couple showers Friday morning.
Just didn't want to stand in the rain.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: HungryHippo on November 19, 2018, 11:44:00 pm
McGehee is playing t-ball... Prescott wins by 3 scores, at least
The Owls are pretty good, Prescott will have their hands full with this bunch.  But to be the best you got to beat the best!!!!

CoolBreeze

November 20, 2018, 04:39:35 pm #48 Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:05:24 am by CoolBreeze
Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 20, 2018, 03:25:21 pm
The Owls are pretty good, Prescott will have their hands full with this bunch.  But to be the best you got to beat the best!!!!
Very true.

CURLEYWOLF24

Do you want to know my favorite color?  This topic is too quite!!!!  Are the Owls still coming to Prescott to play a football game?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas