• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Joe T Robinson @ Ozark

Started by RyanLR, November 16, 2018, 09:44:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

November 16, 2018, 09:44:38 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:06:52 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Should be a great game. Robinson goes on the road to face the Hillbillies.

x14113

Man, the Sens just can't escape the 4A-4, can they?

RyanLR

Quote from: x14113 on November 16, 2018, 09:46:06 pm
Man, the Sens just can't escape the 4A-4, can they?
Na, but they'll gladly take it.

RyanLR

Looks like Booneville was the best team that Ozark has played this year, and they lost pretty handily to them.

x14113

It was 21-14 in the 4Q before a comedy of errors led to 21 straight points in about 90 seconds.

We Hillbillies will find out next week how much better we've gotten since.

toadRyder

Should be Robinson in a landslide, UNLESS Ozark pulls a miracle like Bauxite.

RyanLR

Ozark is a very physical football team with decent speed as well. They don't make a lot of mistakes. It'll take a great effort for the Senators to come out with a W.

toadRyder

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 10:41:32 pm
Ozark is a very physical football team with decent speed as well. They don't make a lot of mistakes. It'll take a great effort for the Senators to come out with a W.

That's what I heard about Warren, but Arkadelphia changed everyone's mind.

hogfan10

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 10:41:32 pm
Lou Holtz impressions, nice!

RyanLR

#1thetruth

Roll Call
How many Ozarkians believe you have a chance in this game???
Just curious.... I have no dog in this fight... just a proud Badassger keeping watch over the flock...

RyanLR

I probably mentioned this every year when we were in the 4-4A but I think Ozark is one of the most underrated places to play in the state. The purple everywhere, the hillbilly blasting the shotgun after scores, always a packed house. Killer bar-b-q too.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: x14113 on November 16, 2018, 10:36:18 pm
It was 21-14 in the 4Q before a comedy of errors led to 21 straight points in about 90 seconds.

I can only imagine Ozark is a bit better now than a couple weeks ago considering at least a couple 9th graders that have moved.

#1thetruth

November 17, 2018, 11:07:07 am #13 Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:08:28 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 17, 2018, 10:42:55 am
I can only imagine Ozark is a bit better now than a couple weeks ago considering at least a couple 9th graders that have moved.

Moved as in moved away, or moved as in moved up to varsity? Surely, your not suggesting putting them in the game against Rob... if you do that.... you will destroy those kids confidence before they get started.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 11:07:07 am
Moved as in moved away, or moved as in moved up to varsity? Surely, your not suggesting putting them in the game against Rob... if you do that.... you will destroy thiose kids confidence before they get started.
Moved up. I'm a neutral observer in this one, but I've seen the kid play. If you've never seen a freshman move up and make a difference come playoff time, then you've not watched much HS football.

#1thetruth

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 17, 2018, 03:07:36 pm
Moved up. I'm a neutral observer in this one, but I've seen the kid play. If you've never seen a freshman move up and make a difference come playoff time, then you've not watched much HS football.

Sure I have.... Robinson has a 6'5  300+ freshman that has several offers including Alabama.... he's a different makers....
Robinson also has at least 13 kid with multiple offers, two with BCS. We've played them, and their one the best team In the state, no matter what classification. Everybody in the state knows who they are but you. So tell me agin how these 9th graders going to compete with those men, and they are men. Enlighten me I'm all ears.... some say they recruit better than Chad Morris. I don't know that to be true, but that's what they say. Can't wait to see them at WMS... we will be ready!!!

Maynard G Krebs

With Warren out of the picture, Robinson may actually get a trophy.  Let's see if Eskola gets the monkey off his back.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 04:07:37 pm
Sure I have.... Robinson has a 6'5  300+ freshman that has several offers including Alabama.... he's a different makers....
Robinson also has at least 13 kid with multiple offers, two with BCS. We've played them, and their one the best team In the state, no matter what classification. Everybody in the state knows who they are but you. So tell me agin how these 9th graders going to compete with those men, and they are men. Enlighten me I'm all ears.... some say they recruit better than Chad Morris. I don't know that to be true, but that's what they say. Can't wait to see them at WMS... we will be ready!!!
Dear God man, don't come across as so insecure. Let your boys (testicles) drop and enjoy some conversation. The gender neutral generation is ruining this board.

#1thetruth

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 17, 2018, 04:30:41 pm
Dear God man, don't come across as so insecure. Let your boys (testicles) drop and enjoy some conversation. The gender neutral generation is ruining this board.

That's not a conversation.... that's ridiculous!!!!  He said freshmen were going to help them beat Robinson... you might want to let those lil' 9th graders testicles drop before playing grown men. I know the air is a lil' thin up there, but have a lil common sense... Go Badgers!!!!

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 04:52:51 pm
  He said freshmen were going to help them beat Robinson...
I can't believe he would say that, crazy I tell you!

gerber707

I hate to say it but I don't see Ozark winning this game. Entirely too much talent for joe t. The only hope is for a monsoon like in week 8. Who knows though maybe joe t will find out one of their players has been ineligible and report it.

scrapman

Quote from: gerber707 on November 17, 2018, 07:15:32 pm
I hate to say it but I don't see Ozark winning this game. Entirely too much talent for joe t. The only hope is for a monsoon like in week 8. Who knows though maybe joe t will find out one of their players has been ineligible and report it.
Nah. No reporting going on. Wouldn't matter anyway.

x14113

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 11:07:07 am
Surely, your not suggesting putting them in the game against Rob... if you do that.... you will destroy those kids' confidence before they get started.

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 04:07:37 pm
Robinson has a 6'5  300+ freshman that has several offers...So tell me again how these 9th graders going to compete with those men, and they are men. Enlighten me I'm all ears....

One of our freshmen made his first varsity start last week...and he is comparable in size to who you mention.

He's not the only big guy in his class, either.

The higher classes still have plenty to offer, too, so don't worry about us.

RyanLR

E'Marion Harris isn't a normal freshman though. He just turned 14 on September 8 and already has a full scholarship from Alabama among others. He's 6'5, 305 and can windmill dunk a basketball. His dad Elliot Harris Sr played for the Hogs '01-'04. His brother Eilliot Jr is a Sr starting Left Tackle for us and he's got a bunch of D-1 offers as well.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: RyanLR on November 18, 2018, 12:18:03 am
E'Marion Harris isn't a normal freshman though. He just turned 14 on September 8 and already has a full scholarship from Alabama among others. He's 6'5, 305 and can windmill dunk a basketball. His dad Elliot Harris Sr played for the Hogs '01-'04. His brother Eilliot Jr is a Sr starting Left Tackle for us and he's got a bunch of D-1 offers as well.
No one is arguing any of that regarding the amazing talent they ALWAYS have. Same story every year for Joe T. Loaded with the biggest, best, fastest from all over the area, yet can't ever get it done post season..........

#1thetruth

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on November 18, 2018, 12:32:19 am
No one is arguing any of that regarding the amazing talent they ALWAYS have. Same story every year for Joe T. Loaded with the biggest, best, fastest from all over the area, yet can't ever get it done post season..........

Oops.... Dinger!!!

Seriously.. you are not suggesting you're anywhere near warrens talent are you? If I recall, the last two years  the games went into OT... 4-7A has produced more kids going to the next level than any other conference combine, not including warren. It has lot do with demographics ....not much of that in your neck of the woods is there hillbilly??? So bring your 9th grader to the game and see how that works out for you... I'm just dumb found of your ignorance....  where do you beat Rob from the list below? Please add to it if need be.
Speed
Skill players
Size
Offense
Defence
Special teams

x14113

Feel free to ask Ashdown how they fared two years back with all their D1 talent.

Or don't. Your choice.

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 01:49:09 am
We Hillbillies will find out next week how
   much better we've gotten since.

Oops.... Dinger!!!

Seriously.. you are not suggesting you're anywhere near warrens talent are you? If I recall, the last two years  the games went into OT... 4-7A has produced more kids going to the next level than any other conference combine, not including warren. It has lot do with demographics ....not much of that in your neck of the woods is there hillbilly??? So bring your 9th grader to the game and see how that works out for you... I'm just dumb found of your ignorance....  where do you beat Rob from the list below? Please add to it if need be.
Speed
Skill players
Size
Offense
Defence
Special teams
Maybe you need to lay off the redbulls?

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on November 18, 2018, 08:24:54 am
Maybe you need to lay off the redbulls?

These are just facts Hillbilly...   I get that some of you watch Faux News all day, and want to be feed alternative news... Hillbilly, your brain can't handle the truth. Come outside and breat a lil fresh air Jethro Bodine. I think you bumped your head in the cement pond.... you might want to get that checked out by the local quack..

mastiff

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 01:49:09 am

Oops.... Dinger!!!

Speed
Skill players
Size
Offense
Defence
Special teams

Spelling.......

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 09:01:15 am
These are just facts Hillbilly...   I get that some of you watch Faux News all day, and want to be feed alternative news... Hillbilly, your brain can't handle the truth. Come outside and breat a lil fresh air Jethro Bodine. I think you bumped your head in the cement pond.... you might want to get that checked out by the local quack..
The only thing my brain can't handle is trying to decipher your post.

Baller14

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 09:01:15 am
I can tell by your grammar and spelling you are obviously very intelligent. So I will not try to match your wit. But with all your knowledge can you come up with a reason with all these D1 kids and superior talent Robinson still hasn't won a state championship in recent years? Poor coaching? Lack of discipline? Or do they worry more about stars and individual rankings down there in Pulaski county?

gerber707

Quote from: Baller14 on November 18, 2018, 09:49:47 am
I can tell by your grammar and spelling you are obviously very intelligent. So I will not try to match your wit. But with all your knowledge can you come up with a reason with all these D1 kids and superior talent Robinson still hasn't won a state championship in recent years? Poor coaching? Lack of discipline? Or do they worry more about stars and individual rankings down there in Pulaski county?
I can almost see the smoke coming out of his ears.

mossflyer

I'm beginning to think #1thetruth may be Russian.

gerber707

Quote from: mossflyer on November 18, 2018, 10:46:29 am
I'm beginning to think #1thetruth may be Russian.
Now that you mention it........

#1thetruth

November 18, 2018, 10:56:29 am #35 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:07:27 am by #1thetruth

English teacher ... lol.
I'm sure text writing drives you insane. you prob grade ur kids text/SM on critical  writing skills..... Grad from col/ with mast. have a nice sal, have a nice home.  You may not kno or know, that there's a thing called auto correct... you know the one that will change want for won't. Mr. Proof reader.... on a form... boy these threads must drive you nuts!!!

Lol.... Love the code word..... lack of discipline....  (in what?)
Poor Coaching -  they lost to warren twice in OT. We've played both teams... all I can say is....their both pretty good......
don't know why I'm enternaining you... at the end of the day,,,, you don't stand a chance....... 
All of those periods..... who does that.... have a great day hillbilly.... Go Badgers!!!

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 10:56:29 am
English teacher ... lol.
I'm sure text writing drives you insane. you prob grade ur kids text/SM on critical  writing skills..... Grad from col/ with mast. have a nice sal, have a nice home.  You may not kno or know, that there's a thing called auto correct... you know the one that will change want for won't. Mr. Proof reader.... on a form... boy these threads must drive you nuts!!!

Lol.... Love the code word..... lack of discipline....  (in what?)
Poor Coaching -  they lost to warren twice in OT. We've played both teams... all I can say is....their both pretty good......
don't know why I'm enternaining you... at the end of the day,,,, you don't stand a chance....... 
All of those periods..... who does that.... have a great day hillbilly.... Go Badgers!!!
One thing you are correct about, you are VERY entertaining.

#1thetruth

Quote from: gerber707 on November 18, 2018, 11:15:05 am
One thing you are correct about, you are VERY entertaining.

So Hillbilly..... who you picking?????

#1thetruth

gerber707

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 18, 2018, 11:35:54 am
>:(
I'm picking Joe T due to all that talent. I'm also picking you to be put in timeout before the week is over.

RyanLR

I've read it many times on this board that the general consensus is that Robinson's coaching isn't up to par. That we should have multiple rings with all the talent we've had.

hogfan10

Quote from: x14113 on November 18, 2018, 02:03:52 am
Feel free to ask Ashdown how they fared two years back with all their D1 talent.

Or don't. Your choice.

Well, ashdown lost to another 7-4A team.

SUGARTOWN

November 18, 2018, 05:37:53 pm #42 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:39:52 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: hogfan10 on November 18, 2018, 04:46:53 pm
Well, ashdown lost to another 7-4A team.

Ozark wasn't in the 7-4A.

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2018, 05:37:53 pm
Ozark wasn't in the 7-4A.

Yea, I was thinking last year, not TWO years ago. Both years they had multiple d1 athletes. It's the surrounding cast that they don't have that limits them.

RyanLR

I think in previous years Robinson's D-1 talent came from the skill positions. Guys like TJ Hammonds, Koilan Jackson, Myles Fells etc. This year the top D-1 talent is at the line of scrimmage. Joe T's D-Line is ELITE. All four guys have offers from major schools. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2018, 11:44:23 am
I think in previous years Robinson's D-1 talent came from the skill positions. Guys like TJ Hammonds, Koilan Jackson, Myles Fells etc. This year the top D-1 talent is at the line of scrimmage. Joe T's D-Line is ELITE. All four guys have offers from major schools.

Other than Zach Williams to Arkansas, what are these other "major school" offers for the other guys? 247 has E. Harris's offers as Missouri St, SE Mo St, Tenn-Martin & Texas St....

Pintailkiller

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2018, 12:05:11 pm
Other than Zach Williams to Arkansas, what are these other "major school" offers for the other guys? 247 has E. Harris's offers as Missouri St, SE Mo St, Tenn-Martin & Texas St....

Davis Wofford - Army

RyanLR

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 19, 2018, 12:05:11 pm
I know we're nitpicking here but when I say "offers" I know Matt Howard is "receiving interest" from Ole Miss and Arkansas State, Elliot Harris is going to be high D-1 when it's all said and done although I don't know all the schools on his radar. Wofford has listed offer from Army but I know he has at least 5 others.

RyanLR

Right now the only school they're interested in is Ozark.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2018, 02:45:28 pm
I know we're nitpicking here but when I say "offers" I know Matt Howard is "receiving interest" from Ole Miss and Arkansas State, Elliot Harris is going to be high D-1 when it's all said and done although I don't know all the schools on his radar. Wofford has listed offer from Army but I know he has at least 5 others.

No, not nitpicking. I just don't see any other major school offers for these guys except for Z. Williams at the current time.

Don't get me wrong though, ANY offer to play college ball is nice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas