• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG @ Glen Rose

Started by Hgalum50, November 09, 2018, 11:03:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hgalum50

We have had alot of good matchups with Glen Rose. I think this one might be a game to watch. Thoughts?

HG Hornet

We're gonna give em a game next Friday, I'll guarantee that.  Don't expect a cakewalk from us. 

SR30

CHG has played GR tough the last 2 years. Don't expect anything less this year. Both teams are gonna have to play lights out next Friday until the last whistle.

Hgalum50

Quote from: SR30 on November 09, 2018, 11:21:35 pm
CHG has played GR tough the last 2 years. Don't expect anything less this year. Both teams are gonna have to play lights out next Friday until the last whistle.
Couldn't agree more! I just hope we play a complete game.

Wrestlingbeaver13

Special Teams will go a long way in deciding this game. Still cant believe. Glen Rose nails a 67 yard field goal as time expires to the beat. Bye week 51-50. See you guys friday night. Safe travels to all from The land of the Hornets.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wrestlingbeaver13 on November 10, 2018, 04:55:11 am
Special Teams will go a long way in deciding this game. Still cant believe. Glen Rose nails a 67 yard field goal as time expires to the beat. Bye week 51-50. See you guys friday night. Safe travels to all from The land of the Hornets.
CHG may benefit from the tough game. I heard a dozen GR players got carried off the field from the hard-hitting play of Bye. Of course, what could you expect when Byes OL and DL average over 6' 5" and 300 pounds.

jay nelvin

knownothingboutfallball

Think the bye hurts the beavers and the hornets pull it off late

elmerfudd

Booneville would love another game at home, so let's go CHG!!

1wildcat

This is a very interesting game and one I will be following. Going with the Grove in a close one.

HGaluminTN

imtie

Sick Dog

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2018, 08:03:51 am
CHG may benefit from the tough game. I heard a dozen GR players got carried off the field from the hard-hitting play of Bye. Of course, what could you expect when Byes OL and DL average over 6' 5" and 300 pounds.
Why haven't they ever won a Championship?

blackandoldgold

These teams are both so physical I hope it doesn't become a wresting bout. Going with GR in the end.

ROULETTE

Should be a good one. Extra week of rest for the beavers could help.  If they come out swinging and don't have the bye week blues, they should win.  Definitely not a roll through game though, the hornets always have size and some speed. I'm picking the beavers at home by 16.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 10, 2018, 08:44:02 pm
Why haven't they ever won a Championship?
Bye always seems to disappear after the first round. I don't understand it. It's like they were never there.

Jimbo Morphis

Dads in lettermen's jackets 27 This years team complaining about Glen Rose 13

SR30

November 11, 2018, 12:46:24 pm #17 Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:49:08 pm by SR30
:) don't be mad oldman.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2018, 12:07:08 pm
Dads in lettermen's jackets 27 This years team complaining about Glen Rose 13
So which team is the Dads in jackets and which is this year's complaining team?  We've not complained about GR.  Looking forward to playing on turf and trying our hand at beating them......not a bad drive up there.  It could happen. 

SR30

It's just oldman trying to troll his way into things. Pay no attention to him. He has a worthless life so he lives on FF in hopes of finding a new lover.

HG Hornet

Quote from: SR30 on November 11, 2018, 01:17:24 pm
It's just oldman trying to troll his way into things. Pay no attention to him. He has a worthless life so he lives on FF in hopes of finding a new lover.
HA HA, Man, that's the best one I've seen!  Well, he could start a new thread "Old Man Seeks Another to Test Tootsie Roll Pop Commercial.......While Trolling High School Football Forum"

Know anything about Newport?  If I did, I might mess with him about the McGehee game.  I don't so I won't.  What does he really know about the Hornets or Beavers anyway? 

See you guys Friday night, and we're bringing extra footballs in case your guys steal them all from us.  :)

SR30

Newport is tough. They jumped up and caught us way off guard last year and sent us home early. They are powerful and the qb can sling it.
Look forward to Friday night as well. Always a good game between our teams.

mharris31696

After losing to a very good 5 seed in Newport last year Glen Rose should have their heads in the game and not let the bye week hurt them. Glen Rose by 3 scores.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on November 11, 2018, 01:17:24 pm
That was mean and hurt my feelings.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Oldman on November 12, 2018, 07:44:09 am
That was mean and hurt my feelings.
Lighten up. Don’t take yourself so serious because no one on here does. Enjoy life.  :)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 12, 2018, 10:49:13 am
Lighten up. Don't take yourself so serious because no one on here does. Enjoy life.  :)
Great advice. Ok, I'm over it.

Mr. Neutral

Grove my 40, Glen Rose gonna get rocked

HG Hornet

Quote from: Mr. Neutral on November 12, 2018, 01:13:16 pm
Grove my 40, Glen Rose gonna get rocked
We may beat 'em, but it won't be by 40.  I'll settle for by just 1. 

beaverfan007

I think glen rose survive 45-28

Man-Bear-Cat

The city of Booneville is pulling for the CHG upset! A 3rd round home game would be nice! Go Hornets!

Horse Shoe

CHG is tough.  This should be a great contest.  Better hope the Beavers keep a spy on CHG's QB, or it could be an upset. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: Man-Bear-Cat on November 12, 2018, 04:29:54 pm
The city of Booneville is pulling for the CHG upset! A 3rd round home game would be nice! Go Hornets!
Thanks for the support....we'll see how it goes on Friday.

mossflyer

CHG reminds me a lot of Mayflower. They have a couple of guys who can take it to the house if given a chance...and their defense is average.  If the GR defense can limit the big play, which they've done a pretty good job of so far this year, I've got them by 10-14 points.

Hawg N GA

Quote from: ROULETTE on November 10, 2018, 11:49:21 pm
Should be a good one. Extra week of rest for the beavers could help.  If they come out swinging and don't have the bye week blues, they should win.  Definitely not a roll through game though, the hornets always have size and some speed. I'm picking the beavers at home by 16.

And don't forget the referees....

Senator Snuffy

Quote from: Hawg N GA on November 12, 2018, 09:24:46 pm
And don't forget the referees....

If teams learn the rules of the game then ref's don't have a say in the outcome of the game

Senator Snuffy

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Beaverbacker on November 16, 2018, 11:11:00 am

If teams learn the rules of the game then ref's don't have a say in the outcome of the game
That assumes the officials know, and apply the rules of the game. This season I have seen pass rushers tackled right in front of the quarterback, a player grabbed after he went out of bounds and thrown five yards farther out of bounds, defensive backs with both arms wrapped around a potential receiver, and many more viloations, all of which drew no flags even though some occurred right in front of an official.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 11:23:43 am
That assumes the officials know, and apply the rules of the game. This season I have seen pass rushers tackled right in front of the quarterback, a player grabbed after he went out of bounds and thrown five yards farther out of bounds, defensive backs with both arms wrapped around a potential receiver, and many more viloations, all of which drew no flags even though some occurred right in front of an official.

And a lot of crazy flags for nothing at all.  One game i watched they were going to measure for first down and took the ball across to the yard markers.  Totally crazy in my opinion.  I know there is a shortage of refs but at least make sure the know the game!!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 16, 2018, 11:33:54 am
And a lot of crazy flags for nothing at all.  One game i watched they were going to measure for first down and took the ball across to the yard markers.  Totally crazy in my opinion.  I know there is a shortage of refs but at least make sure the know the game!!!
I've also seen a 4-yard procedure penalty and an 8-yard holding mark-off. And no, the violation did not occur two yards downfield. Of course, I realize that foul-ups happen at all levels. Years ago, Missouri lost to Colorado when the Buffs scored a touchdown on fifth down. That fact was confirmed on film.

HG Hornet

I remember that 5th down play.  Hey, I was a Houston Oilers fan and if instant replay had been in use, the BIG Buffalo comeback wouldn't have ever happened.  One of the Bills' receivers ran out of bounds, then came back in and caught a TD pass on 4th down.  Should have been Oilers' ball!  I'm still bitter about it......Warren Moon should have made it to a Super Bowl! 

Fourthdown

I'm sure AAA wouldn't allow, but if the ref looks like mountain man from duck dynasty you don't stand a chance.... good luck CHG

CapnObvious

Anyone got a score there ?

knownothingboutfallball

rattlerfan17

Score thread says CHG up by 2 TDs going into half. I believe 28-14

The Beast Of 08

27-14 Grove at the half
Grove threw about a 45 yard bomb as the clock expired to take the 2 score lead into half

Proud Buckaroo

27. CHG. 14 Glen Rose. Half time.

rattlerfan17

Yes, 27-14, my bad! First I called "Walnut Ridge" "Walnut Grove" on the score thread, now this!

CoolBreeze

The Hornets not only played the Beavers tough tonight, they got the W. Congrats and best wishes for a good game next week at Booneville.

1wildcat

Well that was impressive!

jay nelvin

5-3A made some noise tonight!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas