• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stuttgart vs Dardanelle 2018 Round 2

Started by phdefense, November 09, 2018, 09:15:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

November 09, 2018, 09:15:39 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:18:04 pm by phdefense
Let the "Price is Right" bowl begin!

Last Meeting: 2012-11-16   Stuttgart 54 - Dardanelle 0

RabAlumni

athletic supporter

Stuttgart in a mercy rule. Price won't call the dogs off in this one as it is personal

mastiff

Why is it personal? He wasn't fired, he left on his own. Plus I think he played ball at tech with the head coach at dardanelle

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: mastiff on November 10, 2018, 07:38:00 am
Why is it personal? He wasn't fired, he left on his own. Plus I think he played ball at tech with the head coach at dardanelle
I agree, that made no sense.

SUGARTOWN

Of course coaches may have a little extra motivation when coaching against a school where they used to coach but I certainly don't think there's any animosity here.

I'm definitely not expecting an 54-0 game this time.

athletic supporter

You guys obviously don't know the whole story. PM me for details if you want them

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 10, 2018, 02:03:54 pm
You guys obviously don't know the whole story. PM me for details if you want them

Doesn't matter what the story is, IF the Ricebirds are fortunate enough to get a big lead next Friday he will pull the starters. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Trojanbird

Any word on the bird injuries?  From what I've heard, one appears to be major!

4real

Yup. This one will be personal. Would love to see the post game hand shake

athletic supporter

Quote from: 4real on November 11, 2018, 08:19:54 pm
Yup. This one will be personal. Would love to see the post game hand shake

Some people just don't "get it"

Scooter2121

Quote from: athletic supporter on November 11, 2018, 08:51:51 pm
Some people just don't "get it"
I know what you are talking about AS.Thought that was common knowledge in sand gizzard land!!!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 11, 2018, 08:13:52 pm

Walker is out. Messed up his knee in the CAC game. Everyone else should be healthy.

Riverviewdad5

HeberFan

Are we sure Walker is out?  Hope not, that kid can go! Cheering for the Ricecakes this week.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 12, 2018, 08:35:36 am
Are we sure Walker is out?  Hope not, that kid can go! Cheering for the Ricecakes this week.

We're sure.

Gray lizard

Is Dardanelle QB still going to be out for this game?

Gray lizard

Why did all the Dardanelle posters go MIA?

HeberFan

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 11, 2018, 08:13:52 pm
Walker is out with torn ACL and they have a few more that are out but don't play as much

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on November 12, 2018, 10:36:36 am
Walker is out with torn ACL and they have a few more that are out but don't play as much
Is Walker a Sr?

dirtybirdz69

KASH dba The Lumberjack

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 12, 2018, 10:44:14 am
Feel bad for the young man!
Yes he has come a long way outside of football as well, from participating in church activities and cleaning his act. He gets in no trouble in or out of school. Shows the maturing of a boy to a man!

Jacketman65

Wasn't the Walker kid to Stuttfart what the Burks kid was to Warren?  Both were game changers for their team.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 12, 2018, 11:41:50 am
Wasn't the Walker kid to Stuttfart what the Burks kid was to Warren?  Both were game changers for their team.
[/quote
Yes this is an accurate statement, but Stuttgart has plenty of backups good enough to take his empty spot.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on November 12, 2018, 11:59:10 am
Quote from: Jacketman65 on November 12, 2018, 11:41:50 am
[/quote
Yes this is an accurate statement, but Stuttgart has plenty of backups good enough to take his empty spot.

It won't be a backup taking his spot, the Birds should get back a starting LB this week that has been out with an injury since after week 4.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on November 12, 2018, 11:37:31 am
Yes he has come a long way outside of football as well, from participating in church activities and cleaning his act. He gets in no trouble in or out of school. Shows the maturing of a boy to a man!
Everyone knows losing Burks stifled Warren, how bad does losing Walker hurt the Birds?

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 12, 2018, 12:02:26 pm
It won't be a backup taking his spot, the Birds should get back a starting LB this week that has been out with an injury since after week 4.
That was what was implied, sorry for confusion.

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 12, 2018, 12:03:55 pm
Everyone knows losing Burks stifled Warren, how bad does losing Walker hurt the Birds?
Kind of a bummer, but with Amos and Mayo returning really lightens us up. It is not the end of the Birds season due to one injury.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 12, 2018, 12:03:55 pm

Takes away depth and options. Birds usually rotated 3 RBs, not sure if they'll just go with 2 or rotate in another one. That remains to be seen. Walker could be a game breaker on offense no doubt, but the offense still has plenty of weapons.

On defense it takes away a big time play maker and depth. As mentioned before, they should get back a starting LB this who has been out for injury most of the season. This will definitely help. They still have 3 very good linebackers, but you lose the option of Walker going to DE when needed. The Birds had a freshman LB play very well at CAC, I expect him to get some playing time this week.

It's a big loss for sure, but I think with the bye week the coaches had time to properly gameplan and I think some Ricebirds will step it up to another level this week. Quite a few seniors out there who want to keep playing.

Dogpound2010

Is walker number 33 Bc that kid is a athlete...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on November 12, 2018, 12:46:01 pm
Is walker number 33 Bc that kid is a athlete...

Yes, heck of a basketball player too.

Dogpound2010

Dang that stinks he would've played a huge factor in the playoffs...

Trojanbird

I certainly hope that the birds can over come this loss so late in the season.  Warren at least had about the second half of it to make adjustments without Burks!

HeberFan

dirtybirdz69

Very sad to see him down. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Anybody think that he will still get college offers from more colleges?

RabAlumni

Riverviewdad5

With the sand lizards quarterback out I dont see them putting up enough points to keep up.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Riverviewdad5 on November 13, 2018, 10:23:04 am
With the sand lizards quarterback out I dont see them putting up enough points to keep up.
He is for sure out.  Not the same team without him.  I agree.

phdefense

The Stuttgart RIcebirds did not let the weather stop them from getting ready today.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on November 14, 2018, 11:12:05 am
The Stuttgart RIcebirds did not let the weather stop them from getting ready today.

Not often our kids get to practice in the snow. Take advantage of it and proceed with preparation.

HeberFan

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on November 14, 2018, 11:12:05 am

Saw the video. Looked like they enjoyed it.

SUGARTOWN

HeberFan

The Machine has turned into The Snowplow !!!!

$aintMaximu$

KASH dba The Lumberjack

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 14, 2018, 03:48:14 pm
They'll never forget this practice

They sure won't... I remember playing in a game like that... Back in the day when Decatur had a team, we had so much fun!!!

HeberFan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on November 14, 2018, 03:55:31 pm
They sure won't... I remember playing in a game like that... Back in the day when Decatur had a team, we had so much fun!!!

Did ya'll wear leather helments?   :o)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas