• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton Vs. LR Parkview

Started by South 45, November 03, 2018, 08:31:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

South 45

I admit I don't pay enough attention to the 5A outside the west...Would someone mind to toss a little knowledge on LRPV my way.

Freight Train

Parkview is big and fast. Very athletic team with a great running back, WR, QB. They are limited on offense mostly to run and not effective through the air. Their defense is average imo. They win with speed and athletes and their offense eats the clock pretty effectively.

incogneto

November 03, 2018, 10:39:13 am #2 Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:44:55 am by incogneto
Morrilton mercy rules them.

pantherblue

Have to go with my alma marta on this one. Always pull for west but graduated from Parkview many years ago. This should be a good game.

PA Dad

I favor Morrilton but they can't turn the ball over.  Parkview can score and they can eat the clock.

the voice

If Morrilton is hitting on all cylinders they'll roll. If they don't tackle well it'll be different.

WTD

Quote from: Freight Train on November 03, 2018, 10:29:25 am
Parkview is big and fast. Very athletic team with a great running back, WR, QB. They are limited on offense mostly to run and not effective through the air. Their defense is average imo. They win with speed and athletes and their offense eats the clock pretty effectively.

"Great qb" "but limited to the run because they're not effective through the air". He's not a great qb then right now but has potential to be good.
If morrilton can contain the perimeter runs and has any type of passing game Morrilton should win this game.

incogneto

Quote from: WTD on November 03, 2018, 08:57:26 pm
"Great qb" "but limited to the run because they're not effective through the air". He's not a great qb then right now but has potential to be good.
If morrilton can contain the perimeter runs and has any type of passing game Morrilton should win this game.
This

the voice

Criswell should be ready to do his thing , expect him to be a difference in the playoffs, he's eager and hungry after missing most of the season. Defense is improved with white back also.

Maynard G Krebs

going with Morrilton on this one.

hogjay

Morrilton slips by this one, Parkview will play disciplined football and force Criswell to make plays.  And Criswell will make plays.

morriltondevildog

hogjay

South 45

Quote from: hogjay on November 06, 2018, 08:24:35 am
Will this game be livestream?
Not unless Parkview dose away games. I've been very vocal on this topic. Our local community cable channel records the games and rebroadcast them the following day but come on...This is 2018. The internet is not going away...embrace and enjoy the technology!!!

hogjay

I understand, don't want to take away ticket sales.  They need that money.

South 45

Quote from: hogjay on November 06, 2018, 09:06:35 am
I understand, don't want to take away ticket sales.  They need that money.
Find a sponsor, sell subscriptions, something. I make all home games and 3/4 away and would still pony up to be able to watch the 1-2 games a year I miss.   

Go Postal

Vilonia has been doing a very good job in the last two years of live streams.  I don't know how they get sponsors or what to pay for it   I believe that GobTV has to have a sponsor to help pay for each away game but I'm not sure about home games.  But yes, Greenbrier, Clarksville, Huntsville and Morriton needs to get out of the dark ages and keep up with rest of the West

Overdahill

I'm going with Parkview by 14 in this one

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Overdahill on November 08, 2018, 08:04:41 am
I'm going with Parkview by 14 in this one

Is that based on conventional wisdom or a hunch?

Overdahill

November 08, 2018, 09:18:32 am #19 Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 09:23:14 am by Overdahill
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 08, 2018, 09:02:13 am
Is that based on conventional wisdom or a hunch?

Calpreps prediction, they picked Parkview by 1 TD and I goosed it up by another. I was impressed by the Parkview talent

the voice

Maynard G Krebs

I didn't get to see PV play this year.  I going with Morrilton  based on the hype of Criswell returning.  If he plays half as well as his supporters say, the Devil Dogs will win this one.  But, I've been wrong more than once😀

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 06, 2018, 05:26:26 pm
Vilonia has been doing a very good job in the last two years of live streams.  I don't know how they get sponsors or what to pay for it   I believe that GobTV has to have a sponsor to help pay for each away game but I'm not sure about home games.  But yes, Greenbrier, Clarksville, Huntsville and Morriton needs to get out of the dark ages and keep up with rest of the West

V does do some things with the football program very well. Get out in the community and find sponsors. Create a football foundation. Many great things the U of Greenwood taught us before they ascended on up.

HorseFeathers

Almon from Parkview is a workhorse...

Maynard G Krebs

Must have a good game there tonitr

the voice

Great game ! Officials weren't very good. But dogs survive a scare from a tough well coached determined parkview team.

PercussionMan

Quote from: the voice on November 09, 2018, 09:29:52 pm
Great game ! Officials weren’t very good. But dogs survive a scare from a tough well coached determined parkview team.

VERY understated!!  I could be wrong, but it looked like the same crew from the Wynne game last year.

South 45

Parkview's speed was very impressive...I don't think we have seen any team anywhere near that fast all season. Hats off to the PV defensive coordinator for making the call to let us score at the 1:30 (+or-)  mark to put the ball back in their hands. That was a bold move that just nearly won them the game. I know what I saw during the onside kick and I know what a few hundred others saw but the guys wearing stripes apparently saw otherwise. There should be video and it should be reviewed. It would have been a real shame for a season to end over that. All in all it was everything you could ask for in a playoff game!!!

the voice

You gotta tell the ball carrier to fall at the one. Chess game begins there. With one time out left and first and goal at one , take knee on first down , force their hand. But it worked out , and yeah the PV player touched that ball well before ten yards and they let him have it.  Unreal

PercussionMan

Quote from: the voice on November 10, 2018, 09:37:36 am
You gotta tell the ball carrier to fall at the one. Chess game begins there. With one time out left and first and goal at one , take knee on first down , force their hand. But it worked out , and yeah the PV player touched that ball well before ten yards and they let him have it.  Unreal

I had that very conversation with a couple buddies of mine....get the first down and fall to the ground....make them burn their final time out and just take a knee a couple times.

I think everyone on the Morrilton side knew that onside kicked ball didn't go 10 yards....it might have gone 7-8 before he touched it.  The Morrilton players knew it....that's why they backed off of it after he touched it.  Very bad call on the officials' part.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas