• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playoff Predictions

Started by Razorback Red, November 02, 2018, 11:00:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Gotta get the fun started early!

My bold prediction- 3 of the final 4 will be 7A West teams.  That would require FHS to win at Bryant and West to beat Conway at home.  This could just as easily be 3 out of 4 the other way, who's gonna make that prediction?

Thoughts on Bryant's draw- They are a really, really good team, but beating FHS and BHS in B2B weeks is a brutal road to the Rock.  Win both of those and they will dang sure earn that shot. 

NLR can sleepwalk to the semi's to await West or Conway. 

BHS is not fancy at all, but I really hope they get another shot after coming up just short last season.  They appear to have the best D in the 7A.

FHS is probably foaming at the mouth for another shot at BHS, but Catholic and Bryant have other plans.  I think next week's game could give them a scare if Catholic can control the clock with that running game. 

Other thoughts?  Bold predictions?

PA Dad

I think you are too high on the West.  I think Bryant makes the final.

NLR wins it all again.

sportsguy80

I predict a state championship rematch between NLR and Bentonville with the Wildcats repeating as champs. I know Bryant, West, and Fayetteville will also have something to say about that but we'll see.

tj1987

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 02, 2018, 11:00:05 pm

My bold prediction- 3 of the final 4 will be 7A West teams.  That would require FHS to win at Bryant and West to beat Conway at home.  This could just as easily be 3 out of 4 the other way, who's gonna make that prediction?

Thoughts on Bryant's draw- They are a really, really good team, but beating FHS and BHS in B2B weeks is a brutal road to the Rock.  Win both of those and they will dang sure earn that shot. 

BHS is not fancy at all, but I really hope they get another shot after coming up just short last season.  They appear to have the best D in the 7A.

FHS is probably foaming at the mouth for another shot at BHS, but Catholic and Bryant have other plans.  I think next week's game could give them a scare if Catholic can control the clock with that running game. 

Catholic to control the clock against FHS?  FHS's strength is thier front 7. How close will the scare be?

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

NORTH LITTLE ROCK WILL BEAT BRYANT IN THE TITLE GAME

ALL OTHER TEAMS ARE IRRELEVANT

I'M FROM NWA SO THAT PAINS ME TO SAY IT

PRATT, GRANT, AND DAWSON ARE NOT AS GOOD AS COACH MITCHELL

Razorback Red

I know I am in the minority, but I don't see Bryant making the finals.  Beating FHS and Bville in B2B weeks is a tough task.  I am picking FHS, but will be pulling for Bryant in round 2.  It's really tough to beat a rival twice in one season and Bville doesn't have great history of beating FHS twice. 

All that to say this, if Bryant beat FHS then I think Bville beats Bryant.  If FHS beats Bryant, I think they beat Bville in the rematch. 

Baitshop

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on November 04, 2018, 07:22:29 pm

FINALLY....a little common sense from someone north of the Bobby Hopper tunnel....

Baitshop

Quote from: PA Dad on November 02, 2018, 11:04:39 pm
I think you are too high on the West.  I think Bryant makes the final.

NLR wins it all again.

See, even a 5A guy knows what's happenin'.....

Walter

You guys are selling Bryant short. Bryant will make the finals and NLR won't change a thing. Bryant will add a few new wrinkles on both defense and offense that will make the game theirs.

Razorback Red

Quote from: SardisHog on November 05, 2018, 07:03:17 am
You guys are selling Bryant short. Bryant will make the finals and NLR won't change a thing. Bryant will add a few new wrinkles on both defense and offense that will make the game theirs.

I could be.  My thoughts regarding Bryant are based on one game (bad idea I know, but that's all I have to go by).  Maybe they had a bad night, but they had a tough time putting West away early on when WJ was out for West. 

Can't wait for the Byant / FHS part 2, that should def come down to the wire again.  They seem to always play each other tough. 

501lakeman

North little Rock looses in the first round

Baitshop

501lakeman....call your banker and see what is the maximum amount that he will loan you and then give me a call. I will cover any amount of money that you can come up with and will take North little rock in the first round.

Looking forward to hearing from you, I mean seriously, looking forward to hearing from you!

PA Dad

Quote from: Baitshop on November 06, 2018, 01:48:45 pm
501lakeman....call your banker and see what is the maximum amount that he will loan you and then give me a call. I will cover any amount of money that you can come up with and will take North little rock in the first round.

Looking forward to hearing from you, I mean seriously, looking forward to hearing from you!

I'll take some of that action too.

Cabotfan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 06, 2018, 05:28:41 pm
I'll take some of that action too.

Since NLR doesn't play in the first round...

Baitshop

Cabotfan.....SHHHHH....dude, you're killin' my big score!!

rzrbackfan

Quote from: GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over on November 04, 2018, 07:22:29 pm

I agree!  7AW has too many holes in it. 
Harber
Rogers
Rogers Heritage
3 very weak teams that couldn't make it in the 5A playoffs.  Bentonville has a shot but has to step it up.  They only have 2 quality wins with Fayetteville and Springdale. 

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: rzrbackfan on November 08, 2018, 09:14:45 am

I agree!  7AW has too many holes in it. 
Harber
Rogers
Rogers Heritage
3 very weak teams that couldn't make it in the 5A playoffs.  Bentonville has a shot but has to step it up.  They only have 2 quality wins with Fayetteville and Springdale.

Weird year for the 7a West.  Injuries to both Bowers and Jarrett early on derailed Fayetteville and West and likely skewed that record.  The transfers from Har Ber also shifted the balance.  That said, Bentonville beat both of them WITH the starters, and hammered Springdale without theirs.  I wouldn't disagree that there's two quality wins, but those wins are Fayetteville and West, not Springdale. 

The 7a West has been top heavy for the last decade, with either Bentonville and Fayetteville representing in the title game every year.  Heritage, Rogers, and Springdale are a combined  0-30 against the Tigers in the last 10.  Fayetteville hasn't beaten the Tigers in conference play since 2005.    My point?  Regardless how bad the rest of the west sucks, Bentonville always starts slowing against the out of state competition, mows through the conference and  starts to peak in November, as they are again this year.  They will be a very hard out.  If Bryant beats Fayetteville and Bentonville on the road, they will have earned it.

tj1987

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 02, 2018, 11:00:05 pm

Fay wasnt scared it was 31-7 in the 2nd Q BEFORE Samy Johnson got hurt.  45-17 FINAL Starters out in the 2nd half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas