• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville West @ Bentonville - Game of the Week

Started by WestTiger, October 26, 2018, 09:21:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WestTiger

Now that both teams have taken care of business, this game will determine the 7A West Champion for the 2nd year in a row. 

Will Jarrett is looking like the WJ of old.  He threw for 375 yards in the first half, granted it was against Van Buren but still an impressive showing.  I am not sure Bentonville's defense will be able to stop BWHS offense.  I think this game comes down to BHS Offense vs BWHS Defense.

I think BWHS  will take this game but it will be a hard fought battle.

Razorback Red

The battle for the conf title, the 1-seed and cross-town bragging rights for a year.  It doesn't get any better than that for week 10.

I agree that West will score, I think the key is BHS's running game.  If they can move the chains and slow the game down, that could impact West.  I expect Coach Pratt to stack the box and make BHS throw the ball more than they want to. 

Both teams will need to protect the ball.  I honestly think BHS will have to win the TO battle to have a shot, just too much firepower on the West offense.

I hate picking against my Tigers, but I'll go West by 10 on the road. 

TigerHawg

Fine, I will be the odd man out and say Tigers in a close one. Give me Tigers by 3 in a very hard fought game.
Either way this game should be a great one to be at. Atmosphere will be electric! Both teams deserve it, but there can be only 1 :)

Billyo62

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 26, 2018, 10:06:17 pm
The battle for the conf title, the 1-seed and cross-town bragging rights for a year.  It doesn't get any better than that for week 10.

I agree that West will score, I think the key is BHS's running game.  If they can move the chains and slow the game down, that could impact West.  I expect Coach Pratt to stack the box and make BHS throw the ball more than they want to. 

Both teams will need to protect the ball.  I honestly think BHS will have to win the TO battle to have a shot, just too much firepower on the West offense.

I hate picking against my Tigers, but I'll go West by 10 on the road.

Just for fun I'll go Tigers by 3... :)

Spider2 Y Banana

This game probably comes down to who makes the fewest mistakes, especially early.  Emotions will be high.  Likely a little chippy too.  An extra shove at the end of a play or a late hit out of bounds, adding 15 yards, could make the difference.   Both sides will have a few butterflies until they settle in and the more disciplined team will have an advantage.

Although the QB is back for West, he's tuned back up against Heritage and Van Buren.  He'll see a completely different talent level this week against the Tigers, whose pass rush emerged again last week against Springdale.  Their east/west speed alone poses challenges for the Wolverines.

The Tigers have struggled in the secondary, and haven't faced a legitimate D1 wideout like Jackson since the Aledo, TX game when JoJo Earle used 4.3 speed for a 3 TD game back in early September. 

Both squads are relatively healthy and rested after blowout wins, and the winner will take the W1 seed into a well deserved off week.  The loser will also get a bye week, but will end up on the NLR side of the bracket, and will have to take down the state's top team before getting to state.

Should be a great game for northwest Arkansas this week.

5tooldad

Lots of talk about Centerton's offense but BHS is averaging over 40 points a game in conference games.  (While giving up just over 9).  Centerton has not seen a defense like they will see this Friday and I don't think they have nearly enough horses on defense to slow down the Tigers.   

While I agree that the players will take a couple series to settle in, I see BHS pulling away and winning this one by double digits......perhaps 20+. 

RamblinWest

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 29, 2018, 02:28:05 pm
Lots of talk about Centerton's offense but BHS is averaging over 40 points a game in conference games.  (While giving up just over 9).  Centerton has not seen a defense like they will see this Friday and I don't think they have nearly enough horses on defense to slow down the Tigers.   

While I agree that the players will take a couple series to settle in, I see BHS pulling away and winning this one by double digits......perhaps 20+.

BHS has a great defense and a very balanced offense.  But, if you're putting a 20 point spread on this game, where can we meet to bet?

DerekOxford

businesstron

I haven't seen much of Bentonville and West since the beginning of the year.    I think West will pull it out though.  It's time for them to come out of big brother's shadow.

Billyo62

Quote from: businesstron on October 29, 2018, 05:22:11 pm
I haven't seen much of Bentonville and West since the beginning of the year.    I think West will pull it out though.  It's time for them to come out of big brother's shadow.

Bidness- you are an old poster on here, and you post post well. Even when I have not agreed with you, your posts make me think.
I have not seen any live Bentonville games.  I warned Baitshop many years ago be very careful of what you wish for. I was all for splitting Bentonville in to two schools many years ago for the students benefit.  Now you have a two headed monster from NWA, not one team to beat but TWO. 

5tooldad

Quote from: RamblinWest on October 29, 2018, 03:08:14 pm
BHS has a great defense and a very balanced offense.  But, if you're putting a 20 point spread on this game, where can we meet to bet?
i said double digits...."perhaps 20".   

That said, I'd take BHS -16.5 for a Coke or a milkshake.   Not gonna put any substantial money on them as long as their play calling is so poor.  No need to meet up beforehand.  I'm good for it if you are interested.   Good clean no no harm wager. 

sportsguy80

Gonna be a bit nippy with temps forecasted in the 30s for Friday night. I think it'll be like a late playoff round atmosphere. I wanna make a prediction but can't due to the evenly matchups and with so much at stake...

NWAFOOTBALL

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 29, 2018, 02:28:05 pm

And Bentonville West offense averaging the same and defense giving up an average of only 3 points more. You really need to hop of that Tigger tip's sir.

ISU7

5tooldad

Quote from: NWAFOOTBALL on October 29, 2018, 10:25:10 pm
And Bentonville West offense averaging the same and defense giving up an average of only 3 points more. You really need to hop of that Tigger tip's sir.
just going off what I've seen out of BHS and what I've seen out of Centerton since they have had a team.  Whenever they win something, they will EARN some respect.   Until then, I've seen nothing to make me expect anything else.  They beat BHS andI will be impressed.  I don't believe it will happen anytime soon.  Atmosphere should be electric though!   

RamblinWest

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 30, 2018, 06:33:03 pm
just going off what I've seen out of BHS and what I've seen out of Centerton since they have had a team.  Whenever they win something, they will EARN some respect.   Until then, I've seen nothing to make me expect anything else.  They beat BHS andI will be impressed.  I don't believe it will happen anytime soon.  Atmosphere should be electric though!

I agree it will be electric Friday night.  They haven't impressed you, but I would guess they have to others around the state and NWA.  From a team that started 10 sophomores two years ago, made the playoffs, although they got throttled several times, to start last season 9-0 and then again this season to repeat a 6-0 start in conference.  I would say they have EARNED some respect in 7A west.  Especially when you compare the school sizes, it's been very impressive.   BHS has twice as many students, West graduated 375 seniors last year and will have 394 this year.  How does that compare to BHS's enrollment?  That is by far the smallest senior classes in 7A West.   They will always be the underdog to BHS, the district lines make sure of that.

5tooldad

Quote from: RamblinWest on October 31, 2018, 02:03:27 pm
I agree it will be electric Friday night.  They haven't impressed you, but I would guess they have to others around the state and NWA.  From a team that started 10 sophomores two years ago, made the playoffs, although they got throttled several times, to start last season 9-0 and then again this season to repeat a 6-0 start in conference.  I would say they have EARNED some respect in 7A west.  Especially when you compare the school sizes, it's been very impressive.   BHS has twice as many students, West graduated 375 seniors last year and will have 394 this year.  How does that compare to BHS's enrollment?  That is by far the smallest senior classes in 7A West.   They will always be the underdog to BHS, the district lines make sure of that.
if they go out and win on Friday....be impressed.  I will be too.   But if they get beaten soundly......not so much.   

They haven't earned anything yet because they've never won anything.  I get they are new.  They have a smaller enrollment.  Great.  Winning something (a conference title/state title/crosstown rivalry game) earns respect.   9-0 last year meant nothing when they lost to Bentonville then got embarrassed by Conway.   9-0 quickly went to 9-2 with a "home" playoff beating in front of a "home" crowd that didn't fill up half the stands.   

Talk and hype is cheap especially in HS football.   So far, that's all Centerton has had.  I'm not "hating" on them....just stating facts.   Little brother needs to back it up before big brother is going to give him any respect. 

RamblinWest

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 31, 2018, 02:58:21 pm
  9-0 last year meant nothing when they lost to Bentonville then got embarrassed by Conway.   

Yep, we got beat 48-40 by the same Conway team that beat BHS 35-16.  Typical Tiger fan...

5tooldad

Quote from: RamblinWest on October 31, 2018, 03:25:37 pm
Yep, we got beat 48-40 by the same Conway team that beat BHS 35-16.  Typical Tiger fan...
lol.....equating early season non conference football to playoff football.....typical Centerton fan.  "Bentonville lost to Conway by more than we did!!!"  Bentonville beat Centerton and played for a state title.  And to say that Conway game vs Centerton was not embarrassing is not being honest.  Late garbage scores are the only things that made it look close.  Mix in a Pratt meltdown, half empty home playoff stands and defensive players celebrating a cheap shot on the Conway QB ON A PLAY WHERE HE THREW A TOUCHDOWN AS THE FIRAT HALF RAN OUT.....and you can surely see how the team might not be taken seriously before they've ever won a meaningful game. 

If Centerton beats Bentonville Friday night, I will willingly admit I was dead wrong.  I certainly won't use the "but we beat someone else worse than you did" line.  I just don't see a way Centerton can get it done.  Don't have the horses. 

NWAFOOTBALL

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 31, 2018, 04:16:35 pm
lol.....equating early season non conference football to playoff football.....typical Centerton fan.  "Bentonville lost to Conway by more than we did!!!"  Bentonville beat Centerton and played for a state title.  And to say that Conway game vs Centerton was not embarrassing is not being honest.  Late garbage scores are the only things that made it look close.  Mix in a Pratt meltdown, half empty home playoff stands and defensive players celebrating a cheap shot on the Conway QB ON A PLAY WHERE HE THREW A TOUCHDOWN AS THE FIRAT HALF RAN OUT.....and you can surely see how the team might not be taken seriously before they've ever won a meaningful game. 

If Centerton beats Bentonville Friday night, I will willingly admit I was dead wrong.  I certainly won't use the "but we beat someone else worse than you did" line.  I just don't see a way Centerton can get it done.  Don't have the horses. 

Someone get their man

Baseballer

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 31, 2018, 02:58:21 pm
if they go out and win on Friday....be impressed.  I will be too.   But if they get beaten soundly......not so much.   

They haven't earned anything yet because they've never won anything.  I get they are new.  They have a smaller enrollment.  Great.  Winning something (a conference title/state title/crosstown rivalry game) earns respect.   9-0 last year meant nothing when they lost to Bentonville then got embarrassed by Conway.   9-0 quickly went to 9-2 with a "home" playoff beating in front of a "home" crowd that didn't fill up half the stands.   

Talk and hype is cheap especially in HS football.   So far, that's all Centerton has had.  I'm not "hating" on them....just stating facts.   Little brother needs to back it up before big brother is going to give him any respect.

Considering West lost by 11 ? Last year to BHS and there was a safety call that was not, ( watched film) ball was tipped by a d-lineman, and there was block in the back on the return( was a highlight on the news) that was not called! I say they have earned respect but nothing is given until West beats Bentonville. This years game is going to be decided by the West Defense Vs BHS offense. I say 35-28 WEST. West seems to have not let the outside noise bother them. Also, last year that was the biggest game they have played in and now it should be the same, they have an experienced it. Great  atmosphere and looking for some tough football as the stakes are high!

Razorback Red

Lots of really solid chat about this game, it should be a fantastic Friday night in Bentonville! 

For anyone attending in person, toiletry items are being collected at the gate to help students in need through the Bright Futures program.  There is a nice video floating around of both QB's supporting the initiative. Sounds like a Walmart supplier already stepped up and donated over 2,000 loads of laundry detergent. They are looking for detergent, toilet paper, lice treatment kits, shampoo, toothpaste, conditioner, deodorant, soap and toothbrushes.  All for a great cause, I hope everyone who attends will happily donate. 

Go Tigers! 

Rudehog

5tooldad

November 01, 2018, 02:44:33 pm #23 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 02:46:27 pm by 5tooldad
Quote from: Baseballer on October 31, 2018, 10:23:27 pm
Considering West lost by 11 ? Last year to BHS and there was a safety call that was not, ( watched film) ball was tipped by a d-lineman, and there was block in the back on the return( was a highlight on the news) that was not called! I say they have earned respect but nothing is given until West beats Bentonville. This years game is going to be decided by the West Defense Vs BHS offense. I say 35-28 WEST. West seems to have not let the outside noise bother them. Also, last year that was the biggest game they have played in and now it should be the same, they have an experienced it. Great  atmosphere and looking for some tough football as the stakes are high!
come on man......

If Bentonville beats Centerton tomorrow are you gonna come on here with a list of excuses, bad calls, and injuries (God forbid there are any)?   That's weak sauce.  That attitude is what gets Centerton hated.  Own it.  Losing is losing.  Save the "missed call because I saw the video and it was on the news" stuff for 8 year old football.   No matter what the "reason", if Centerton beats BHS I won't be blaming officials.  That's Pratt talk.

I guarantee you we could watch film of all of Centertons TDs this year and find some holding on MANY of them.   Same with all teams.

Baseballer

. Your going to tell me that the two calls that happens, that resulted in points didn't swing the  momentum? That's all that I was saying! We don't know how the game would have turned out if the 9 points were taken off the board and called right! Just like the BHS win Vs Fayetteville, BHS should have been called for a "pick play" on the goal line. I was there and it was plain as day!! BHS loss if it was called.

LH_DAD

West seems to be the trendy pick in this game.  I am not sure who wins this game, but I am sure that it will be a fun Friday night football game to watch.  I expect it to be a close, competitive game.  Turnovers on a chilly night could be the difference.  I hope the Tigers come out on top and both teams stay healthy for the playoffs. 

5tooldad

Quote from: Baseballer on November 01, 2018, 03:30:12 pm
. Your going to tell me that the two calls that happens, that resulted in points didn't swing the  momentum? That's all that I was saying! We don't know how the game would have turned out if the 9 points were taken off the board and called right! Just like the BHS win Vs Fayetteville, BHS should have been called for a "pick play" on the goal line. I was there and it was plain as day!! BHS loss if it was called.
im going to tell you that losers blame the refs. Everyone gets the good and the bad of calls.  And a "missed" call is certainly up for interpretation and is usually viewed through biased glasses.  That said, you are reading out of the Pratt playbook.  "It wasn't us.  It was the refs....or the clock operator.....or the chain gang.....or the etc etc etc..".   

I was at both of those games too btw and you are the first person I've heard from about  these calls that cost Centerton the game. 

I know a man whose son plays football for Centerton. His son came home from a seven on seven  tournament this past summer moaning and complaining about the referees. His dad proceeded to chew his rear about blaming anybody else but himself or his team for losing. His dad  also echoed what I said earlier about sounding just like their head coach. That kind of crap attitude that includes blending losses on referees instead of taking responsibility and ownership for the loss or even giving credit to the team   That just whipped your rear comes from the top at that program and is,  in my opinion, absolutely unacceptable from high school coach. Those kids deserve so much better.

Razorback Red

November 01, 2018, 06:47:59 pm #27 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:51:19 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: LH_DAD on November 01, 2018, 06:12:49 pm
West seems to be the trendy pick in this game.  I am not sure who wins this game, but I am sure that it will be a fun Friday night football game to watch.  I expect it to be a close, competitive game.  Turnovers on a chilly night could be the difference.  I hope the Tigers come out on top and both teams stay healthy for the playoffs.

Amen to that, both teams have a great shot at the state title. 

With that said, I don't think West is the trendy pick.  I think anyone that has objectively watched both teams play multiple times knows that West has the most talent.  Talent doesn't always win, but they are stacked offensively and have a couple of studs on D.  That doesn't mean a thing tomorrow night at 7pm, as BHS will be ready.  I think if both teams play well, West wins, but the pressure is on them to beat Big Brother. 

It's crazy that some on here won't give Coach Pratt credit, he has done a remarkable job getting his program near the top in a very short amount of time.  He's going to do things his way, everyone knew that when he was hired.  He is not going to change, but it's working so why would he?

I don't want to offend anyone who has kids in the program, but this is easily the overall weakest BHS team in well over 10 years.  Great kids and lots of fight and will be tough to beat, but not dominant in any way.  Yes, the D is tough, but nowhere near the great D's BHS has had in the past.  Those are facts that some folks are having a tough time with. 

As a Tiger Alum, I will be there in Black & Gold, but my parents will be listening in Centerton pulling for the Wolverines (they still live in the same house in Centerton where I grew up).  Oh how times have changed in the small town I remember. 

If I were a fan of NLR, I would be pulling for West tomorrow night to get BHS in the semi's (if they both make it that far). 

Go Tigers!

Baseballer

Quote from: 5tooldad on November 01, 2018, 06:35:24 pm
im going to tell you that losers blame the refs. Everyone gets the good and the bad of calls.  And a "missed" call is certainly up for interpretation and is usually viewed through biased glasses.  That said, you are reading out of the Pratt playbook.  "It wasn't us.  It was the refs....or the clock operator.....or the chain gang.....or the etc etc etc..".   

I was at both of those games too btw and you are the first person I've heard from about  these calls that cost Centerton the game. 

I know a man whose son plays football for Centerton. His son came home from a seven on seven  tournament this past summer moaning and complaining about the referees. His dad proceeded to chew his rear about blaming anybody else but himself or his team for losing. His dad  also echoed what I said earlier about sounding just like their head coach. That kind of crap attitude that includes blending losses on referees instead of taking responsibility and ownership for the loss or even giving credit to the team   That just whipped your rear comes from the top at that program and is,  in my opinion, absolutely unacceptable from high school coach. Those kids deserve so much better.

You are too funny!! I would suggest that "dad" if he feels that strongly about who his son plays for pull him from the program! Kinda interesting that WEST didn't lose but 2, 7-7 that I'm aware of. Your comment about I'm the only one that has ever said the loss was on the calls, you apparently didn't see what was right in front of your eyes! Poor calls do affect close games! There is a difference between affect and cost. The calls didn't make WEST lose the affected the game that's it. I have watched both programs for years and I actually moved from bentonville to West district because of Pratt, and the football program, my son will be there in a year! GO WEST!

LH_DAD

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 01, 2018, 06:47:59 pm

With that said, I don't think West is the trendy pick.  I think anyone that has objectively watched both teams play multiple times knows that West has the most talent.  Talent doesn't always win, but they are stacked offensively and have a couple of studs on D.  That doesn't mean a thing tomorrow night at 7pm, as BHS will be ready.  I think if both teams play well, West wins, but the pressure is on them to beat Big Brother. 

It's crazy that some on here won't give Coach Pratt credit, he has done a remarkable job getting his program near the top in a very short amount of time.  He's going to do things his way, everyone knew that when he was hired.  He is not going to change, but it's working so why would he?

I don't want to offend anyone who has kids in the program, but this is easily the overall weakest BHS team in well over 10 years. Great kids and lots of fight and will be tough to beat, but not dominant in any way.  Yes, the D is tough, but nowhere near the great D's BHS has had in the past.  Those are facts that some folks are having a tough time with. 

As a Tiger Alum, I will be there in Black & Gold, but my parents will be listening in Centerton pulling for the Wolverines (they still live in the same house in Centerton where I grew up).  Oh how times have changed in the small town I remember. 

If I were a fan of NLR, I would be pulling for West tomorrow night to get BHS in the semi's (if they both make it that far). 

Go Tigers!
RR,
I do had a kid in the program and I am not offended at all.  I agree with your comment. 

Razorback Red

Quote from: LH_DAD on November 01, 2018, 07:34:01 pm
  RR,
I do had a kid in the program and I am not offended at all.  I agree with your comment.

Thanks.  i have friends with kids on both sides, kids from Church on both sides.  I am a 3rd generation BHS Tiger and a long-time supporter of the program.  I also support West, as my parents live just down the road and my Grandparents farm growing up was right next to the West campus. 

I try to come on here and call it as I see it.  I know Coach Grant and I've met Coach Pratt a few times, both very good at what they do.  I'll be a Tiger 100% tomorrow night, but will be pulling for both of them to get to the Rock. 

5tooldad

Quote from: Baseballer on November 01, 2018, 07:22:14 pm
You are too funny!! I would suggest that "dad" if he feels that strongly about who his son plays for pull him from the program! Kinda interesting that WEST didn't lose but 2, 7-7 that I'm aware of. Your comment about I'm the only one that has ever said the loss was on the calls, you apparently didn't see what was right in front of your eyes! Poor calls do affect close games! There is a difference between affect and cost. The calls didn't make WEST lose the affected the game that's it. I have watched both programs for years and I actually moved from bentonville to West district because of Pratt, and the football program, my son will be there in a year! GO WEST!
hey man....different strokes for different folks.  If Pratt is your guy, more power to ya. 

The meltdown i spoke of was in Branson.  Nothing kinda interesting about it.  If you were there, you know exactly what I'm talking about.  If you weren't, feel free to ask around.    That dad was far from the only parent embarrassed by the coach's behavior.  Nobody is questioning his knowledgeable or ability, just his behavior and leadership. 

5tooldad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 01, 2018, 06:47:59 pm

I don't want to offend anyone who has kids in the program, but this is easily the overall weakest BHS team in well over 10 years.  Great kids and lots of fight and will be tough to beat, but not dominant in any way.  Yes, the D is tough, but nowhere near the great D's BHS has had in the past.  Those are facts that some folks are having a tough time with. 

Go Tigers!
no offense taken here either.  Zero stars on this BHS team.  Unlike some other years though there are very few weaknesses and no glaring ones. 

Fun TEAM to watch.

Razorback Red

November 01, 2018, 07:51:09 pm #33 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:58:36 pm by Razorback Red
Quote from: 5tooldad on November 01, 2018, 07:49:29 pm
no offense taken here either.  Zero stars on this BHS team.  Unlike some other years though there are very few weaknesses and no glaring ones. 

Fun TEAM to watch.

We can def agree on that, they are fun.  Just frustrating at times seeing the little things on the offensive side of the ball that could be better that we've come to expect over the years. 

I find myself comparing current players to former players (which I shouldn't).  EH has improved immensely throughout the season and has a chance to take that next step tomorrow night.  I was spoiled for too many years with KF and DH, which are not fair comparisons for any first-year starting QB.  And as good as HC is any time he touches the ball, I keep looking for Scroggins or KMH to make a play. I will say this about the Joyce kid on D, he has a chance to be as good as any Tiger ever on D.

WestTiger

My son was on the team at West for the last 2 seasons,  Pratt does get heated but I have never seen him blame a Ref or anyone else for losing a game.  Does he yell at the refs a lot, no more than I have seen from Fayetteville and Harber coaches on the sidelines.

Pratt has done a remarkable job at West and his players love and respect him.  BHS doesn't like the fact that he gets paid more than Grant and that the parents at West do expect to have equal facilities.  Dad, you have said on this board that you don't like that they want the same as BHS, well guess what.....Bentonville school district collects the same taxes for kids going to both schools.  They should have equal facilities.

5tooldad

Quote from: WestTiger on November 01, 2018, 07:53:30 pm
My son was on the team at West for the last 2 seasons,  Pratt does get heated but I have never seen him blame a Ref or anyone else for losing a game.  Does he yell at the refs a lot, no more than I have seen from Fayetteville and Harber coaches on the sidelines.

Pratt has done a remarkable job at West and his players love and respect him.  BHS doesn't like the fact that he gets paid more than Grant and that the parents at West do expect to have equal facilities.  Dad, you have said on this board that you don't like that they want the same as BHS, well guess what.....Bentonville school district collects the same taxes for kids going to both schools.  They should have equal facilities.
that was not the point of my comment at all.  HOwever, your logic is flawed.   Less students equals less money equals less facilities.  But I don't care about their facilities.  What I didn't care for was their (and by "their" I'm not talking about the kids) wanting to "neutralize" Tiger stadium and the TAC while sharing it. 

As far as Pratt....like I said he obviously knows football. I've never questioned that.  I couldn't care less what he makes compared to the BHS coach.  I didn't know there was a difference in salaries until you told us.  What I DO know is that in the four games I've seen him coach plus one where he was on the sidelines for a freshman game, he has received an unsportsmanlike penalty in every game.   EVERY SINGLE ONE.  Doesn't matter though.  I suspect he won't hang around much longer.  Maybe another year.  Just my opinion. 

Razorback Red

Why would Coach Pratt leave?  He makes great money, has total control of a program he built and Bentonville is growing to the West very quickly.  Was out that way over the weekend and there are many, many $300K+ homes being built within 1-2 miles of campus.  The program should only get stronger.  And we now know he has another very good QB coming up behind WJ. 

Pretty darn good place to be for a long time IMO. 

NWAFOOTBALL

November 01, 2018, 10:36:42 pm #37 Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:08:08 pm by NWAFOOTBALL
Quote from: 5tooldad on November 01, 2018, 08:08:04 pm
that was not the point of my comment at all.  HOwever, your logic is flawed.   Less students equals less money equals less facilities.  But I don't care about their facilities.  What I didn't care for was their (and by "their" I'm not talking about the kids) wanting to "neutralize" Tiger stadium and the TAC while sharing it. 

As far as Pratt....like I said he obviously knows football. I've never questioned that.  I couldn't care less what he makes compared to the BHS coach.  I didn't know there was a difference in salaries until you told us.  What I DO know is that in the four games I've seen him coach plus one where he was on the sidelines for a freshman game, he has received an unsportsmanlike penalty in every game.   EVERY SINGLE ONE.  Doesn't matter though.  I suspect he won't hang around much longer.  Maybe another year.  Just my opinion.

Cant wait to not hear much from this TOOL after tomorrow night.

5tooldad

Quote from: NWAFOOTBALL on November 01, 2018, 10:36:42 pm
Cant wait to not hear much from this TOOL after tomorrow night.
why would I not post after tomorrow night?  If Centerton wins then I was wrong in my prediction.   I've been wrong before and will be again.  YOu think people who incorrectly or correctly predict HS football outcomes should not post?  Unless you are calling me a name because you don't like the facts I've discussed......

Razorback Red

November 02, 2018, 06:27:12 am #39 Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 06:31:05 am by Razorback Red
1 School District, 2 Great teams for the 7A West Title.  It's Game Day!

HS Football gets no better than this.  Tiger Stadium will be packed and loud.

Good luck to both teams for a great game.  I just told my wife I'm more excited about this game that I have been for any game since the opening day of CFB.  With the season the Hogs are having, thank you Lord for HS football.

Go Tigers!

5tooldad

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 02, 2018, 06:27:12 am
1 School District, 2 Great teams for the 7A West Title.  It's Game Day!

HS Football gets no better than this.  Tiger Stadium will be packed and loud.

Good luck to both teams for a great game.  I just told my wife I'm more excited about this game that I have been for any game since the opening day of CFB.  With the season the Hogs are having, thank you Lord for HS football.

Go Tigers!
Dilly Dilly!!

Great post!

WestTiger

Quote from: 5tooldad on November 01, 2018, 08:08:04 pm

Pratt and the parents have said from the beginning that they did not want to Neutralize Tiger stadium because he wanted his parents to push for getting their stadium up and running.   There were people from the school board wanting to do that but it wasn't from BWHS.

5tooldad

Quote from: WestTiger on November 02, 2018, 03:41:03 pm
Pratt and the parents have said from the beginning that they did not want to Neutralize Tiger stadium because he wanted his parents to push for getting their stadium up and running.   There were people from the school board wanting to do that but it wasn't from BWHS.
ok.   SHould be electric tonight.   I hope we blow you guys out and I'm sure you hope the opposite.   Hopefully there aren't no injuries and the refs and coaches let the kids decide the game.   Be safe all! 

WestTiger

Quote from: 5tooldad on November 02, 2018, 04:16:31 pm
ok.   SHould be electric tonight.   I hope we blow you guys out and I'm sure you hope the opposite.   Hopefully there aren't no injuries and the refs and coaches let the kids decide the game.   Be safe all!

Agreed.  I hope both teams play well and meet again in the State Championship game!!

5tooldad

BHS must run the football.  If they stick with the run they win going away!   Run the dang ball!!

WestTiger

Good Game,  BHS was the better team tonight.  Look forward to seeing this matchup again in the playoffs.

LH_DAD

Razorback Red

Man it feels good to be wrong on this one.  Huge win for the Tigers.

A few thoughts:
1.  I hope TSmallwood is ok.  He went out early and West couldn't run the ball at all.  Big loss that changed the game.
2.  WJ is not healthy yet.  He didn't even attempt to run when pressured.  Maybe he just doesn't trust the foot/ankle yet?
3.  Coach Pratt didn't get JJ the ball enough.  Not sure what was going on, but he maybe had 5 touches all game. 
4.  BHS has a D that can win state.  I've said they were good all season, but they were great tonight. 
5.  BHS dominated both lines of scrimmage.  Keep playing like that and the outcome will be good. 

Don't count West out of it yet.  WJ has two weeks to get healthy, assuming Smallwood will also be back. 

5tooldad

Hated seeing Smallwood go down.  Looked bad when it happened.  My guess was concussion at the time but man he didn't move for a few seconds. 

Game was true to form in that while Centerton has a few very good players, Bentonville has no superstars but no weaknesses either.  No glaring ones anyway. 

Cole Joyce had a monster game. 

Pressure on a still not very mobile Jarrett was huge. 

BHS dominated both lines of scrimmage MOST of the night.

No surprises in this game.  It went as scripted.

Spider2 Y Banana

Quote from: WestTiger on November 02, 2018, 09:24:51 pm
Good Game,  BHS was the better team tonight.  Look forward to seeing this matchup again in the playoffs.

That's not happening. 

You may get through Conway, but you're not going into North Little Rock and knocking the Wildcats off.

5ToolDad had this game pegged all week.  And all you West guys just want to tell him how this was the year with WJ, and JJ, and all the guys who battled.  Well, it wasn't the year.  No more excuses please. Talk is so cheap.  JJ had three catches.  Three.  Bentonville's defense isn't Van Buren and isn't Heritage.  He tried to tell you that.  But keep reading your press clippings.  NLR isn't Heritage either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas