• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman Vs Smackover ( Monday august 27th @ SAU)

Started by couch-coach06, August 18, 2018, 02:44:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

couch-coach06

eldofan

Should be a good game . I think Batey will be the difference and  I give them the edge . 33 to 20 Foreman .

couch-coach06

My thoughts .. I know little about Smackover other than assume they have plenty of tallent and some speed at skill positions..
From watching the scrimmage game I have alot of confidence in our (Foreman's ) D  it looked as we picked up where we left off last year .. I would put the D line 2 deep up against any in the state .. linebacker play was good and the QB wasn't able too get off enough passes for me too evaluate the secondary much but with batey in the middle our corners don't have too be great .. the offense was clearly behind where it was last year at this time in my opinion .. most of this is due too replaceing 4 0 lineman and just getting the young lineman used too the speed of the high school game .. once they gel I think it will be fine as we still have a handful of electric players in the backfield... With this being said I think it will be a low scoring dog fight ... I'll take the Gators 20-7

eldofan

Smackover has some speed in the back field. A fair amount of starters returning . Should be a good game

Redzone

Eslim03

August 19, 2018, 12:24:13 am #5 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:59:11 am by Eslim03
Foreman's defense is legit and will cause every team they play problems. The offense will take a little time to get acclimated to the new linemen but with due time I expect it to get rolling too. Looking forward to the season and this game will be a good test right off the bat. I do think Smackover is very talented and probably underrated because of the coaching turnover there recently.

Horse Shoe

Might be a good game for the 1st half. Our guys, except for a few, who work out on their own, are out of shape. The new coach does not push these guys like coach Baysinger did. I predict cramp city for the Bucks 2nd half. We'll be lucky if we don't get mercy ruled.

Bearden_Bear72

I'm ready to see this game.  It should be a good one.  I'm guessing that Foreman will win, but the Bucks could come out and surprise some people

stuck in between

I'll go with 20 - 7 Foreman as well. I don't think too many teams will hang many on the Foreman Defense, but the offense is gonna sputter a little at first til the O-line becomes more experienced. I'm afraid we are gonna miss last year's kicker ad well.

WHITEchicken

Smackover wins this one. You can win a lot of games in 2a with one great player. A little harder to do against a 3a school. I see a good start to the season for the Bucks.

Eslim03

Foreman wins this game. I expect it to be competitive but the gators will be too much for this 3a juggernaut. 😆

Redzone

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 23, 2018, 09:33:24 am
Smackover wins this one. You can win a lot of games in 2a with one great player. A little harder to do against a 3a school. I see a good start to the season for the Bucks.

Foreman has one elite player and A lot of great players. Don't get ahead of yourself there lol

couch-coach06

Quote from: Redzone on August 23, 2018, 02:41:19 pm
Foreman has one elite player and A lot of great players. Don't get ahead of yourself there lol

Well technically they have two elite players .. Haywood will end up playing division 1 football somewhere .. but he isnt scoring touchdowns so people don't talk about him.. kid is a legit 6'3" 230 as a sophmore and led the team with 98 tackles and something like 48 tfl as a freshman.. Otis Kirk even talked about him being one of the better prospects in the state for 2021 the other night on his recruiting report .. I might also add he is very smart and will probably graduate with honors .

Redzone

WHITEchicken

I'm just telling you that 3a is different from 2a. Ask JC about it. They dominated 2a moved up and suddenly weren't dominating. Now they are back down to 2a and will probably dominate again. Y'all were good last year in 2a but this isn't going to be Genoa, Spring Hill, Horatio, or Lafayette county.

paraloma

Smackover can't catch Baety. I wouldn't be surprised if he is now running a 3.89 forty yard dash. Legendary.

couch-coach06

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 24, 2018, 02:11:07 pm
I'm just telling you that 3a is different from 2a. Ask JC about it. They dominated 2a moved up and suddenly weren't dominating. Now they are back down to 2a and will probably dominate again. Y'all were good last year in 2a but this isn't going to be Genoa, Spring Hill, Horatio, or Lafayette county.

It's a step up from those teams listed but let's not act like they are a power house 3a team it's a middle of the pack team. . i Gave a conservative prediction and that is because I know our O line is gona need time. I think it will be a good game but too just say foreman is going too lose because they are 2a is dumb I mean CHG beat them in the same game last year and they are 2a

Rida4Life

3a may be a little different from 2a but not that much. 
Foreman by 20 or more.  This ain't the smackover team of the last few years.

HG Hornet

Quote from: couch-coach06 on August 24, 2018, 02:39:06 pm
CHG beat them in the same game last year and they are 2a
Smackover won over CHG last year 14-6 at SAU.  Each team had multiple turnovers and failed 4th down attempts.  Either team could have won that game; Smackover did.

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on August 24, 2018, 02:51:57 pm
Smackover won over CHG last year 14-6 at SAU.  Each team had multiple turnovers and failed 4th down attempts.  Either team could have won that game; Smackover did.
We didn't show up to play tbh, but if we did I am willing to bet we would have won by at least 3 scores.

Eslim03

Overall the 3a is deeper and the average team is a tad better. Many 2a teams have and will compete with the top 3a programs going forward.  White chicken brings up JC, you do realize the dragons just finished runner up in the mighty 3a far ahead of the bucks? Let's revisit all this talk after the game Monday.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Hgalum50 on August 24, 2018, 03:00:55 pm
We didn't show up to play tbh, but if we did I am willing to bet we would have won by at least 3 scores.
We were missing two starters, we dropped a TD, missed a block that would have been a long run for a TD most likely, and we had two turnovers.  We also got really tired and hot by the 4th quarter and that's when the Bucks got their run for a TD that put them ahead. 

It was disappointing, but we had our chances.  They came out on top in that game and that's about all I can say about it.

allstate22

3a isn't that much better than 2a there is about 3-4 teams in 2a that could move up and dominate in 3a. I'll take Foreman in this one 36-14. Smackover has one good back that is a transfer from Dallas and with foreman's D if u just depend on him it's gonna be a long night.

baseball2012

No 2-A team is gonna dominate in 3-A in a normal year.  Junction City is by far the best 2-A team in recent years and they won zero state championships in 3-A in the last three years.

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: baseball2012 on August 24, 2018, 08:48:38 pm
No 2-A team is gonna dominate in 3-A in a normal year.  Junction City is by far the best 2-A team in recent years and they won zero state championships in 3-A in the last three years.

I think there are teams that comes through ever so often that couldn't dominate 3A for that season.  I don't believe a 2A could move up and automatically have a winning tradition.  2A schools fluctuate in number to much and have to work with players they have.  Which 3A has to do same thing but with a bigger pool.  I think Junction City in late 2000s could've moved up and competed constantly for few years at least.  And yes Junction City has the best 2A program but speaking truthfully leading into last years of 2A and in 3A.  Not defending them really but I don't think they have the boys or coach they use to and I think there domination of 2A is over. 

WHITEchicken

I'm not saying that Smackover wins this game because they are 3a and foreman is 2a. This is a different season ffor I'm the last. Foreman still has their qb and the kid is real good. What I am saying is that Smackover is going to beat foreman on Monday the reason is because they have one real good player and that is not going to be enough. Qb ru right, qb run left, qb run up the middle, qb pitch to himself isn't going to beat the buckaroos because that isn't Dixon back there running the ball.

dragondad

August 25, 2018, 08:55:46 am #26 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:02:25 pm by dragondad
Quote from: baseball2012 on August 24, 2018, 08:48:38 pm

We were only in 3A for two years, but you're correct.  However a trip to the quarters the first year and to the championship the second year, one of those being with a new coach and completely new offensive system.   The difference in the top 10% of 2A schools and the bottom 90% of 3A schools is minuscule.  A top 2A school can move up and do quite well consistently, it happens in  every classification and every sport.

couch-coach06

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 25, 2018, 08:12:49 am
I'm not saying that Smackover wins this game because they are 3a and foreman is 2a. This is a different season ffor I'm the last. Foreman still has their qb and the kid is real good. What I am saying is that Smackover is going to beat foreman on Monday the reason is because they have one real good player and that is not going to be enough. Qb ru right, qb run left, qb run up the middle, qb pitch to himself isn't going to beat the buckaroos because that isn't Dixon back there running the ball.

I'd be willing too bet you lose and that batey has less than 10 carries .. it's the freaking triple option if u play batey he is gona give the ball up .. he is very unselfish .. plenty of games last year he had less than 5 carries ..

Eslim03

I will say this, if foreman had the enrollment numbers to be 3a they would be in the hunt for the championship and definitely in the top 10 teams in that classification. Although just my opinion but after the Monday night game please be man enough to come on here eat crow if that s the case because I will if I'm wrong. Foreman will win this game by more than 2 scores.

WHITEchicken

I have no problem eating crow, I'm a big ole boy. I'll be on here win or lose Monday. I just hope the foreman posters do the same.

OLionSwag74

Is there a livestream to this game? There was last year between Smackover and Camden.

Hogman2018

I see that the Foreman Gators are here in Texarkana practicing this evening I guess to get used to the turf for their game at SAU!

couch-coach06

Probably they let us come over last year before the championship game !

Redzone

Game will be broadcasted on 94.1 ESPN Texarkana and on the website espntexarkana.com

WHITEchicken

Couch coach batey might be reall unselfish after a few hits from the Bucks.

THA TRUTH

couch-coach06

Quote from: WHITEchicken on August 27, 2018, 10:49:26 am
Couch coach batey might be reall unselfish after a few hits from the Bucks.

Lol ok ... He is a senior he has been hit plenty .. I think he even got hit by a 3a team once

WHITEchicken

Eslim03

stuck in between

WHITEchicken, while I admire your devotion and evidentially your undying love for the Bucks I have to ask on what facts do you base these outlandish predictions? You are quick to say that Smackover is going to leave Magnolia victorious, but you have given no reason as to how they will pull off the upset and as bad as it hurts your pride to admit it if the Bucks do win it will be an upset. All of the Foreman posters have stated that we feel as though we will win due to our defense and the fact that no team (even Mount Ida in the first game last year) has been able to shut down Batey. While admitting we do not have the offensive line play that we did at this point last season. If you do key on Batey (and you will have to) Carver will eat your lunch. Now, do I think it is possible for Smackover to win absolutely, but is it likely? No. If by chance you guys do I will be here willing and ready to eat my helping of crow.

couch-coach06

WHITEchicken

Haha. I have no facts, just stirring the pot since all of the Buck fans have seem to have left. I don't have a lot to go on because my informants aren't on and I have only watched the game against cove. I do however know that Smackover was good not great last year and look forward to the season. I will also eat my crow if need be.

OLionSwag74

Always a dragon

Redzone is 94.1 usually a classic rock station ? I'm trying to find it on my phone and that's what it keeps showing me.

Redzone

Quote from: Always a dragon on August 27, 2018, 04:10:11 pm
Redzone is 94.1 usually a classic rock station ? I'm trying to find it on my phone and that's what it keeps showing me.

I'm not sure. That's just what was posted on the Foreman Facebook page.

N2DEEP

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on August 27, 2018, 03:51:52 pm
Any video live streams of this game?

What this guy asked? Being at SAU, no reason for not video streaming.

OLionSwag74

Last years hootens game was live-streamed by smackover. Does anyone have a clue if it will be this year also?

bleudog

Smackover. 12
Foreman. 0

6:06 left in the first.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas