• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Preseason Top 10--6A

Started by Mike Bonds, August 15, 2018, 08:25:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

August 15, 2018, 08:25:20 pm Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:31:00 pm by Mike Bonds
1.  Pine Bluff
2.  Greenwood
3.  Benton
4.  Russellville
5.  West Memphis
6.  El Dorado
7.  Searcy
8.  Lake Hamilton
9.  Siloam Springs
10.  Jonesboro

zebrafan

Quote from: Mike Bonds on August 15, 2018, 08:25:20 pm
1.  Pine Bluff
2.  Greenwood
3.  Benton
4.  Russellville
5.  West Memphis
6.  El Dorado
7.  Searcy
8.  Lake Hamilton
9.  Siloam Springs
10.  Jonesboro

1. Greenwood
2. PB
3. WM
4. Benton
5. El Do
6. Searcy
7. Jonesboro
8. Russellville
9. LH
10. Sylvan Hills

zebradynasty

Quote from: Mike Bonds on August 15, 2018, 08:25:20 pm
1.  Pine Bluff
2.  Greenwood
3.  Benton
4.  Russellville
5.  West Memphis
6.  El Dorado
7.  Searcy
8.  Lake Hamilton
9.  Siloam Springs
10.  Jonesboro

Siloam Springs ???

Mike Bonds

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 15, 2018, 09:21:06 pm
Siloam Springs ???

Knew this would draw some lightning. 

Siloam isn't known for football success, granted.  But I like the number of returnees and I like the QB/RB tandem of Ellis and Thrailkill.  The problem for them is two-fold:  they've got to get better on defense, and the 6A West is incredibly tough.  I think it's possible to be the 5th team in this conference and still be a good team.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Mike Bonds on August 15, 2018, 09:26:25 pm
Knew this would draw some lightning. 

Siloam isn't known for football success, granted.  But I like the number of returnees and I like the QB/RB tandem of Ellis and Thrailkill.  The problem for them is two-fold:  they've got to get better on defense, and the 6A West is incredibly tough.  I think it's possible to be the 5th team in this conference and still be a good team.

I dunno two games last year, a new coach this year, no history of winning, tough conference...not a recipe for a top 10 team. But of the best of the worse...I can see it ...maybe! :-\

BullDogFan72

1. Greenwood
2. Pine Bluff
3. West Memphis
4. Benton
5. El Dorado
6. Russellville
7. Searcy
8. Jonesboro
9. Lake Hamilton
10. Sylvan Hills

Mike Bonds

Quote from: zebradynasty on August 15, 2018, 09:32:43 pm
I dunno two games last year, a new coach this year, no history of winning, tough conference...not a recipe for a top 10 team. But of the best of the worse...I can see it ...maybe! :-\

Keep in mind this isn't a predicted order of finish.  It's a weekly snapshot.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: BullDogFan72 on August 16, 2018, 08:38:26 am
1. Greenwood
2. Pine Bluff
3. West Memphis
4. Benton
5. El Dorado
6. Russellville
7. Searcy
8. Jonesboro
9. Lake Hamilton
10. Sylvan Hills

I'm interested to see what Searcy does this season.  It's not a school with much football tradition, so it'll be interesting to see what they can do following a pretty successful 2017 campaign after the loss of some key players.

westmem

WM look pretty good in they scrimmage game against Batesville nice WR core and the running backs look the same like every year brutal Runners when they get a block or two then they off to the races .the QB look good to ,but time will tell in war memorial

sssuperpantherfan2

SS fans and players are excited about the new coach, hope we have a Dawson/Ashcraft type turnaround for our program!

sportsguy80

Quote from: westmem on August 16, 2018, 11:44:56 am
WM look pretty good in they scrimmage game against Batesville nice WR core and the running backs look the same like every year brutal Runners when they get a block or two then they off to the races .the QB look good to ,but time will tell in war memorial
West Memphis will definitely be one of the top teams this season.

catfish1

JessieP

Quote from: westmem on August 16, 2018, 11:44:56 am

West Memphis did look pretty good against Batesville. 2 glaring weaknesses that will keep them behind Greenwood, PB and a couple others. Their interior lines are stout, on both sides. They have some incredible receivers. The problems are the running game, they couldn't run the ball against a much smaller Batesville team. The line can block but the running backs are average at best. The main issue is at QB. The starter is not at all accurate, he missed many wide open plays by a good 10 feet and he is not at all mobile. The backup QB is a threat to score on every play. He is very quick and agile. I can easily see him taking over pretty early.

westmem

You right I  guarantee the backup QB going to start on Tuesday

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

1.  Pine Bluff
2.  Benton
3.  El Dorado
4.  Russellville
5.  West Memphis
6.  Greenwood
7.  Searcy
8.  Lake Hamilton
9.  Siloam Springs