• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A Games.... week 1 - let's talk some football

Started by Razorback Red, July 28, 2018, 02:22:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

July 28, 2018, 02:22:16 pm Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:27:18 pm by Razorback Red
There are some great week 1 (or should I say week 0) 7A games around the state:

West Memphis at Central- WM was improved last year and this should be a good first game for them.  WM by 7. 
Pulaski Robinson at Springdale- Don't know much about PR, but I doubt they have the depth to stay close the entire game.  SHS by 14.
El Dorado at Conway- ED will put up a fight and are always well coached, but I expect Conway to wear them down.  Conway by 10.
Heritage at Northside.  I love old 7A West games, but this one won't be too close.  NS by 17. 
Fayetteville at St. John Vianney, MO- I know nothing about this MO team, but they better be ready.  Bowers is a stud.  FHS by 14. 
West at Owasso, OK- Prob the game of the week.  West is loaded with skill players, but Owasso is very good and well coached and will win the trenches. Owasso by 10. 
PA at Har-Ber- love this game.  I know PA lost a ton, but they will still move the ball.  Just not sure if they can slow HB down.  I'll go HB by 10. 
Midwest City, OK at Bentonville (Sat)- MWC was really solid last year, and BHS is always solid.  Should be a great game, I'll lower my original 10-pt spread to BHS by a TD. 
Booker T Washington (OK) vs NLR at Bentonville (Sat)- 2 great programs, both will be loaded with talent.  Pick'em for me, should be very close.
Salt Bowl- Benton vs Bryant- Won't stay exciting for long.  Bryant by 21. 

Rob Van Winkle

Those Saturday games in Bentonville will be fun to watch!

PA Dad

I'll make a wild guess and say PA beats Harber.  I know nothing about Harber and not much about PA this year.  But, the receiving corps at PA will be very good and they will have a true dual threat QB.  I have no idea how the defense will do.

I'll also predict a NLR victory for no reason other than it's my Alma mater.

Walter

The Bryant Benton game is always filled with emotion. Both teams get sky high for this one. Bryant has dominated this game for the last 20 years and should this year as well.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on July 28, 2018, 08:28:29 pm
I'll make a wild guess and say PA beats Harber.  I know nothing about Harber and not much about PA this year.  But, the receiving corps at PA will be very good and they will have a true dual threat QB.  I have no idea how the defense will do.

I'll also predict a NLR victory for no reason other than it's my Alma mater.

That's why I love this game!  We don't really know a lot about either team.  PA coming off of another title and prob reloading as they always do and HB coming off a very disappointing season.  I have no doubt PA can throw the ball, just not sure they can run it.  If I were a PA fan, my concern would be the trenches.  If I were a HB fan, I would want to pound the run and make the game physical. 

I still haven't decided if I am going to this game or driving to Owasso that night.  Will def be at both games in Bville on Sat night. 

PA Dad

July 28, 2018, 10:37:04 pm #5 Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:09:32 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Razorback Red on July 28, 2018, 08:59:00 pm
That's why I love this game!  We don't really know a lot about either team.  PA coming off of another title and prob reloading as they always do and HB coming off a very disappointing season.  I have no doubt PA can throw the ball, just not sure they can run it.  If I were a PA fan, my concern would be the trenches.  If I were a HB fan, I would want to pound the run and make the game physical. 

I still haven't decided if I am going to this game or driving to Owasso that night.  Will def be at both games in Bville on Sat night.

Pounding the run and hogging the clock is always a good strategy against PA.  Parkview and McClellan both proved that last year.  But, if you can't stop PA's offense you have very little chance of winning.

I think PA is in a similar position to where they were three years ago when Hefley won a state championship and left for Tulsa.  I gave PA little chance to repeat but they proved me wrong.

I think this game may come down to the defenses.  Best defense wins.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on July 28, 2018, 10:37:04 pm
Pounding the run and hogging the clock is always a good strategy against PA.  Parkview and McClellan both proved that last year.  But, if you can't stop PA's offense you have very little chance of winning.

I think PA is in a similar position to where they were three years ago when Heflin won a state championship and left for Tulsa.  I gave PA little chance to repeat but they proved me wrong.

I think this game may come down to the defenses.  Best defense wins.
Should be a good game

Cabotfan

Quote from: SardisHog on July 28, 2018, 08:45:15 pm
The Bryant Benton game is always filled with emotion. Both teams get sky high for this one. Bryant has dominated this game for the last 20 years and should this year as well.

Dominated? 49-42, 10-7, 14-14? Dominated what, time of possession?

Razorback Red

I'll let Sardis speak for himself, but I believe he meant "series" instead of "game."  I pulled this stat from the team pages link above, Bryant is 14-2-2 ahead in the series. 

08-25   Bryant   Benton   Bryant leads series, 14-2-2

Walter

Dominated in the only thing that maters, the score!!!

Cabotfan

Quote from: SardisHog on August 01, 2018, 12:05:49 pm
Dominated in the only thing that maters, the score!!!

49-42, 10-7, 14-14 is NOT dominating! How is a tie dominating?

Walter

As was already said by Razorback Red Bryant has won almost all the games. I will do the same as you and pick and chose: 45 - 9, 55 - 21, 42 - 28. If you went back to 1999 you find the Benton series has been dominated by Bryant.

Cabotfan

Quote from: SardisHog on August 01, 2018, 03:03:36 pm
As was already said by Razorback Red Bryant has won almost all the games. I will do the same as you and pick and chose: 45 - 9, 55 - 21, 42 - 28. If you went back to 1999 you find the Benton series has been dominated by Bryant.

Pick and chose? I picked 3 of the last 4. I didn't know you needed a spokesman to clarify your statements. I would not have argued that Brynot has dominated the series, but to say they have dominated the score in the game the last 3 out of 4 years would not be the case.   8)

AirWarren

Joe T Robinson returns some big time players. And they will dress close to over over 60 kids. They will have athletes all over the field.

My question is. How does Springdale look? Will they be able to keep up with the speed of Joe T? The advantage is with Springdale though with their depth.

Razorback Red

Quote from: AirWarren on August 02, 2018, 02:29:15 pm
Joe T Robinson returns some big time players. And they will dress close to over over 60 kids. They will have athletes all over the field.

My question is. How does Springdale look? Will they be able to keep up with the speed of Joe T? The advantage is with Springdale though with their depth.

Thanks for the info on JTR, sounds like they have several athletes and more depth than I was anticipating.  Can I assume they won't have many guys playing both sides of the ball?

As for Springdale, they have improved every year under CZC (a really impressive win over Conway last year).  I don't follow them closely, but do know they have a returning QB that is solid and did get a few transfers coming in that should contribute.  My expectation would be that they compete for 4th in the 7A West, battling their cross-town rival for that spot.  That's the tough part about playing in the 7A West, you can be a pretty solid team and still be 4th best in the conf. 

AirWarren

Not sure about their playing both ways.

QB play should be good. RB. WR should be decent. Defensive front may be really nasty with Zach Williams(hog commit), Elliot Harris, and Harris' little brother who has a bama offer.

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on August 02, 2018, 02:29:15 pm

Joe T has had top notch talent the last 4 or 5 years...BUT ONE thing always keeps them from War Memorial....

AirWarren

Quote from: STBruin on August 03, 2018, 10:29:39 am
Joe T has had top notch talent the last 4 or 5 years...BUT ONE thing always keeps them from War Memorial....

2 times it's been Warren :D

Brian G

Fayetteville is in Year 2 of Coach Dawson and has a very good Sr QB. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas