• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Go-Devils are back in 2a!

Started by godgiven999, July 16, 2018, 10:46:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

godgiven999

THA TRUTH

godgiven999

godgiven999

CURLEYWOLF24

Where they belong!!!!! 3A football was a little rough on them Go -Devils....

godgiven999

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on July 16, 2018, 04:25:08 pm
I saw Gurdon and Prescott aren't playing this season. What's up with that?

HG Hornet

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on July 16, 2018, 04:25:08 pm
Wasn't one of your best players last year once a Go Devil?  They were nice to loan him to you guys.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: godgiven999 on July 16, 2018, 05:17:59 pm
I saw Gurdon and Prescott aren't playing this season. What's up with that?
Gurdon's admin pulled the plug on this long time rivalry game...SO SAD!!!!!!!

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CHG Hornet on July 16, 2018, 05:37:56 pm
Wasn't one of your best players last year once a Go Devil?  They were nice to loan him to you guys.
Do you blame him? Now he's a Razorback!!! ;D

HG Hornet

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on July 17, 2018, 05:19:06 am
Was it Muldrew?  He got player of the game at the All Star game at UCA a couple of weeks ago.  Scored three times, I think, including a 90 yard TD run.  Impressive.

stuck in between

Quote from: godgiven999 on July 16, 2018, 10:46:41 am
;D
And so are the fans  ;D
At best a 3 seed in the conference. Has very little coming back. I look for them to finish behind Foreman, Ida, and possibly Mineral Springs. Gonna be a not so happy welcome home party.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: CHG Hornet on July 17, 2018, 06:38:48 am
Was it Muldrew?  He got player of the game at the All Star game at UCA a couple of weeks ago.  Scored three times, I think, including a 90 yard TD run.  Impressive.
You Betcha... Kid has amazing potential.   

godgiven999

Quote from: stuck in between on July 17, 2018, 07:24:20 am
Quote from: godgiven999 on July 16, 2018, 10:46:41 am
;D
And so are the fans  ;D
At best a 3 seed in the conference. Has very little coming back. I look for them to finish behind Foreman, Ida, and possibly Mineral Springs. Gonna be a not so happy welcome home party.
Maybe not this year but it wont be long Gurdon is back on top un conference.

IdaLions

Who does Gurdon have returning and coming up? I haven't heard much from them since they left the 7-2A after the 2015 season.

Rida4Life

IdaLions

godgiven999

I'm not sure, I know they have 41 kids out this year for senior high.
Quote from: IdaLions on August 07, 2018, 08:15:04 am
Who does Gurdon have returning and coming up? I haven't heard much from them since they left the 7-2A after the 2015 season.

RabidWolf

Drop in class and a switch to the wishbone. Should be another banner year in go devil land

godgiven999

Gurdon has switched to the Wishbone and looking pretty good!

godgiven999

Gurdon VS Conway Christian
Hendrix College in Conway
Tonight 7PM

Neckred

Gurdon was really bad last year.  Any help from JH?

godgiven999

Quote from: Neckred on August 17, 2018, 02:03:06 pm
Gurdon was really bad last year.  Any help from JH?
They were ok in a tough conference. Gurdon was 4-0 against the 7aa West the past 2 seasons.
The jr high class coming in was good. Gurdon switched to the wishbone this season to play towards their strengths and hide their flaws which is lack of a consistent QB. Gurdon has some size on the line and a lot of speed.

couch-coach06

Quote from: godgiven999 on August 17, 2018, 02:47:18 pm
They were ok in a tough conference. Gurdon was 4-0 against the 7aa West the past 2 seasons.
The jr high class coming in was good. Gurdon switched to the wishbone this season to play towards their strengths and hide their flaws which is lack of a consistent QB. Gurdon has some size on the line and a lot of speed.

Meh... They were pretty bad

godgiven999

Final Gurdon 6 Conway Christian 6

old.dole

Hmm not what I wa thinking it would be

HOLLYWOOD

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on July 17, 2018, 05:19:06 am

Kid would have had better stats at Gurdon. Prescott didn't even play him at the right position until mid season

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 18, 2018, 03:16:26 pm
Kid would have had better stats at Gurdon. Prescott didn't even play him at the right position until mid season
Only because he would have played the whole game at Gurdon, where at Prescott he was out by halftime.

HOLLYWOOD

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on August 19, 2018, 05:47:19 am
Only because he would have played the whole game at Gurdon, where at Prescott he was out by halftime.
Prescott had a good team. A lot of athletes. But they didn't have their best athlete (Muldrew) at QB. I heard about the kid and had to see if the hype was real at GR game. The coaching staff lost that game against Glen Rose. Didn't play Mildred at QB until after half. He should had the ball in his hand 85% of the time. The passing concepts were all slow and long. No underneath. And they ran hardly any option reads with #3. Just poor handling of talent in my opinion.

HOLLYWOOD

And the hype was real. He was like a Dancy from JC except more versatile

THA TRUTH

Except half as good..... don't be stupid

Neckred

Heard from a pretty good source that Gurdon is down again this year.

HOLLYWOOD

Muldrew was better overall football than Dancy. Could play any position on the field. North Carolina looked at him as a QB. Hands measured at 14 1/2. Benched pressed 335 in HS. Heard Coach Taylor and the rest of coaching staff had high hopes for the kid. Just as a pure RB Dancy might edge him out, idk maybe not but as overall football player Mildrew has the upper hand. Actually he reminds me more of a AJ Whitmore in terms of athletic ability.

Neckred

August 20, 2018, 03:05:39 pm #32 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:32:18 pm by Neckred
Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 20, 2018, 01:32:52 pm
Muldrew was better overall football than Dancy. Could play any position on the field. North Carolina looked at him as a QB. Hands measured at 14 1/2. Benched pressed 335 in HS. Heard Coach Taylor and the rest of coaching staff had high hopes for the kid. Just as a pure RB Dancy might edge him out, idk maybe not but as overall football player Mildrew has the upper hand. Actually he reminds me more of a AJ Whitmore in terms of athletic ability.
14.5 LMFAO.  You do know that no NFL players has measured anywhere close to that.

Eslim03

Let us here about what Gurdon has now. Muldrew left and played his senior year in Prescott and now playing in college. You must be kinfolks with Muldrew to want to talk about him in a 2018 Gurdon thread. He is now nearly two years removed from go-devil football.

Neckred

Quote from: Eslim03 on August 20, 2018, 03:14:21 pm
Let us here about what Gurdon has now. Muldrew left and played his senior year in Prescott and now playing in college. You must be kinfolks with Muldrew to want to talk about him in a 2018 Gurdon thread. He is now nearly two years removed from go-devil football.
That's the point they don't have anything without him

HOLLYWOOD

Quote from: Eslim03 on August 20, 2018, 03:14:21 pm
not related. I wasn't the one that brought him up in the thread.

HOLLYWOOD

Let's just say I'm a close relative to BakBakBak ;)

Eslim03

KOJACK

Chatter coming out of Gurdon being about a player that graduated from Prescott...must not be much to talk about this year.

HOLLYWOOD

Quote from: KOJACK on August 21, 2018, 08:42:53 am
Chatter coming out of Gurdon being about a player that graduated from Prescott...must not be much to talk about this year.
disagree KOJACK!! Young Gurdon team with lot of talent and speed. THE GO DEVILS ARE BACK IN 2A AND ARE READY TO RECLAIM THIS CONFERENCE!!!

bearfan

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 21, 2018, 09:02:07 am
disagree KOJACK!! Young Gurdon team with lot of talent and speed. THE GO DEVILS ARE BACK IN 2A AND ARE READY TO RECLAIM THIS CONFERENCE!!!
This is a joke right

godgiven999

No Joke, Gurdon has historically owned this Conference and wont be long until they do again!

stuck in between

This kids is why you do not snort your Mother's bath salts.

KOJACK

I hope you're right

HOLLYWOOD

Gurdon is the powerhouses of this conference. For the most part, year in and out Gurdon is the contender for the conference champs. MT Ida is #2. Gurdon has talent just as good as any 2A team in the state. The question is.. when will they overcome the hump and get that state title. Their are three notable years where Gurdon had the best team in the state and didn't win state ('98, 2007, 2012). Even tho gurdon was 3A in 07 they beat the dog out of the 2A state champions that year in a preseason game

stuck in between

Quote from: HOLLYWOOD on August 21, 2018, 11:24:03 am
Gurdon is the powerhouses of this conference. For the most part, year in and out Gurdon is the contender for the conference champs. MT Ida is #2. Gurdon has talent just as good as any 2A team in the state. The question is.. when will they overcome the hump and get that state title. Their are three notable years where Gurdon had the best team in the state and didn't win state ('98, 2007, 2012). Even tho gurdon was 3A in 07 they beat the dog out of the 2A state champions that year in a preseason game

I'd be willing to agree that the Go-Devils are the 2nd best team over the span of 15 years or so in the 7-2A, but claiming to be superior to Mt. Ida is a stretch. Looking at overall record between the two it's tied at 3-3 and Ida has been to three championship games winning two of them during that time period.

Neckred

LOL ok

THA TRUTH

August 21, 2018, 01:18:07 pm #47 Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 01:19:58 pm by THA TRUTH

Lolololol wait didn't bearden beat Gurdon without The Show in 07?? And they were dominated in 12 I know for sure

bleudog

August 21, 2018, 02:27:50 pm #48 Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 02:31:12 pm by bleudog

Calpreps had the 2007 team ranked #13 in 3A
http://calpreps.com/2007/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#3A

Calpreps had the 2012 team ranked #4 in 2A
http://calpreps.com/2012/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#2A

And to paraphrase AI, "I mean, listen, we're talking about preseason, not a real game, not a real game, not a real game, we talking about preseason. Not a real game............"

HOLLYWOOD

Quote from: bleudog on August 21, 2018, 02:27:50 pm
Calpreps had the 2007 team ranked #13 in 3A
http://calpreps.com/2007/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#3A

Calpreps had the 2012 team ranked #4 in 2A
http://calpreps.com/2012/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#2A

And to paraphrase AI, "I mean, listen, we're talking about preseason, not a real game, not a real game, not a real game, we talking about preseason. Not a real game............"

How are both Prescott teams ranked higher when they lost to Gurdon.. idk if I trust that source...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas