• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Probably too early, but...

Started by Flobbito, February 23, 2018, 07:46:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Probably too early, but who do y'all think will replace Hutchcraft?

I'm legitimately curious, and I don't have a lot of knowledge of coaches in AR. 

Also, I know Hutch is a polarizing figure, but it would be great if we could keep things civil on this thread.

FromTheBench

If the Teas don't get it he may leave. Like Eagle Mom said, "scholar of the game"

hooperfromwestside

Hutchcraft got the coach of the year. Literally. What yalls coaches doing???

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 23, 2018, 08:53:49 am
Cleburne County coach of they year or Faulkner county coach of the year?

riccoar

I asked a Guy person last night.  Their answer was it's Teas, but they would have been happier to see the job opened for applications just to see if someone with a proven record showed interest.

riccoar

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on February 23, 2018, 08:53:49 am
Good question.  Because over hearing last night, Westside might not have a girls team for 2018-2019 season.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 09:00:30 am
I asked a Guy person last night.  Their answer was it's Teas, but they would have been happier to see the job opened for applications just to see if someone with a proven record showed interest.

So would Teas coach all teams like Hutch used to, or would they hire a new Jr. High coach. I thought the way they do it is odd, rather than having one coach girls and one coach boys, have one coach senior and one coach junior. Others do it that way too though.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2018, 10:07:22 am
So would Teas coach all teams like Hutch used to, or would they hire a new Jr. High coach. I thought the way they do it is odd, rather than having one coach girls and one coach boys, have one coach senior and one coach junior. Others do it that way too though.
Seems she said that meant they would be hiring a junior high position.

Thunderbird88

Teas will be the boys coach and we will be taking applications for the girls job. Teas did a heck of a job with the jr boys this year and I'm excited to see what he can do with them going forward. I did tell him congrats on getting job and don't screw it up lol.

JimmyChitwood

If I were Guy, I would consider Drew Blocker from Nemo. He is from Mt. Vernon so he would be closer to home and he is a very smart coach. He is a winner. Would have won quite a few games this year if not for top 2 players being injured/ineligible

Flobbito

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on February 23, 2018, 01:06:03 pm
If I were Guy, I would consider Drew Blocker from Nemo. He is from Mt. Vernon so he would be closer to home and he is a very smart coach. He is a winner. Would have won quite a few games this year if not for top 2 players being injured/ineligible

Rodgers told me he was the smartest player he had ever coached. Nemo must not have had the athletes though, their record was pretty bad this year.

Ramrod

Teas is not moving up to senior high, we getting a good coach, i cant remember his name but ive heard he is a great coach.

Catfish

Guy is probably on there last run this year with ol hutch leaving. They probably won't be good for quite awhile. Those move in's may not show up anymore 🤔👀

Catfish

Agree 100%

Flobbito

February 24, 2018, 05:16:35 am #14 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:53:17 am by Flobbito
Quote from: Catfish on February 24, 2018, 12:16:00 am
Guy is probably on there last run this year with ol hutch leaving. They probably won't be good for quite awhile. Those move in's may not show up anymore 🤔👀

I don't know about that. GP had a very good
Jr. High boys team this year.

athletic supporter

Are y'all talking about Damon Teas?

Motownsportsfan

Pretty sure the Hill kid was the best player we faced and the best on that team but I get the point he was short 2 good players.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas