• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ West Side Greers Ferry

Started by riccoar, February 17, 2018, 08:27:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Backboard Shattered

Thanks Sack in the Box for free come down to Sonic

Backboard Shattered

Sack in the Box with a free Footlong if someone tells score

eamo8911

J.D.

HorseFeathers

Catfish

Quote from: J.D. on February 22, 2018, 08:29:10 pm
Rural Special - 57

Sacred Heart - 38

Final.

Congrats to coach Berry and RS girls on making the state tourney!

thebigman3

Quote from: eamo8911 on February 22, 2018, 09:53:54 pm
70-62 WV final
I will give Timbo props. An outstanding team and young at that. Very very well rounded. They have nothing to be ashamed of.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: gobblerfire on February 22, 2018, 01:00:54 pm
Totally agree! Neither team took the bull by the horns and wanted the win. It fell in MC's hands and everyone is blaming the refs. 50/50 call and it just didn't go the Shirley wanted to last night. But last year at this time they got the call and Nemo didn't. That's why the games are played to the final whistle and not on paper.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1101580486619521&id=100003027393574 You say this is a charge?? He barely clipped him LOL

riccoar

I'll add my observations on Guy.  Any team that plays sound defense, especially around the perimeter, can and will hang with this team.  They are not deep.  Their starting five played solidly about 98% of the game.  And Guy was huffing too.  Concord played any pace that was offered.  And I'm not knocking Concord's defense, because they kept Tipton locked down.

Concord played great.  One or two point game and they had two back to back possessions after stopping Guy where they missed 3 pointers that were in and out.  54 for Guy picked up 3 fouls and got protected the rest of the way.  I counted at least two possessions were Concord shooters drove and drew contact, that was made by the defender, and got no call on him.

arstatechamp13

Wasn't expecting WSGF and MVE girls to be that close of a game. Anything crazy happen?

riccoar

February 23, 2018, 10:18:23 am #111 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:20:15 am by riccoar
Quote from: arstatechamp13 on February 23, 2018, 10:13:33 am
Wasn't expecting WSGF and MVE girls to be that close of a game. Anything crazy happen?
Westside's freshman.  MVE had their basic regular season girls.  One huge call that did decide the outcome though.  MVE girl got the ball and stepped back across and the ref standing right in front of the play, whistled and called back court violation.  The ref on the opposite side of the court comes sprinting across the floor, arms waving and whistling and changed the call to a foul.  Not two calls at once.  Like right after he sees the ref motioning the call and then pointing the possession the other direction.

thebigman3

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on February 23, 2018, 10:13:33 am
GFWS did exactly what I would've done! Force the ball to the MVE big girl and make her shoot free throws! She went one for 6 and MVE basically kept giving Westside the game and I honestly thought westside would've pulled it off. Hate seeing that girls team go down like that...

riccoar

Quote from: thebigman3 on February 23, 2018, 10:35:34 am
GFWS did exactly what I would've done! Force the ball to the MVE big girl and make her shoot free throws! She went one for 6 and MVE basically kept giving Westside the game and I honestly thought westside would've pulled it off. Hate seeing that girls team go down like that...
Yes, and now 2018-2019 hangs in the balance.  Could be enough girls transferring that they don't even field a girls team next year.  Kamryn Sutterfield of Rural Special, their best player, transferred over from WS.

game_day

riccoar

Quote from: game_day on February 23, 2018, 11:04:55 am
Why are they transferring?
Only two equations in the mix.  Players vs. and you got the answer.

gilesman2333

MVE girls come out not playing well at all. i expect them to play different tonight. The first round regionals game is one of the toughest ones since it is do or die. West Side did play good game for sure. Attitudes and drama hurt that team more than anything. One girl definitely had a bad attitude. Watched her slap a girl in the back after a girl from MVE blocked her shot. All that aside and west side played a good game. MVE better play better tonight 

riccoar

Nobody got slapped.  That would have been an ejection.  Slapping, in that incident, would be the same as throwing a punch.

J.D.

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 10:18:23 am
Westside's freshman.  MVE had their basic regular season girls. One huge call that did decide the outcome though.  MVE girl got the ball and stepped back across and the ref standing right in front of the play, whistled and called back court violation.  The ref on the opposite side of the court comes sprinting across the floor, arms waving and whistling and changed the call to a foul.  Not two calls at once.  Like right after he sees the ref motioning the call and then pointing the possession the other direction.

Stop it. That didn't decide the outcome of anything.

gamechanger11

I agree get tired of people acting as if one call decided a game. How about other calls during the game or calls that went your way. Or how about getting a stop or hitting a shot some where throughout the game. Many things are at play when it is a one or two possession game. Blaming something on one call is just petty. Have noticed though the last few games that concord is making a big push and front runner in the Gentry sweepstakes.

riccoar

Quote from: J.D. on February 23, 2018, 12:46:41 pm
Stop it. That didn't decide the outcome of anything.
Down by 1 point.  It was within 1 minute left.  Changed a call he was not in position to make.  THAT had an impact on that outcome.

J.D.

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 01:07:31 pm
Down by 1 point.  It was within 1 minute left.  Changed a call he was not in position to make.  THAT had an impact on that outcome.

You're totally right.  That one call prevented WSGF from ever having a chance to win the game. 

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 01:07:31 pm

Yet GFWS had no less than three chances to take the lead with under 1 minute left to play and couldn't. So...there's that too. 

riccoar

Quote from: J.D. on February 23, 2018, 01:21:35 pm
You're totally right.  That one call prevented WSGF from ever having a chance to win the game.
It took a turnover away, from the team that was down by 1, and gave it directly back to the team up by 1.  Within the last 1 minute of a game.

THAT was a crucial momentum change right at the end of a game.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2018, 01:27:13 pm
Yet GFWS had no less than three chances to take the lead with under 1 minute left to play and couldn't. So...there's that too.
Dude, a referee made a call.  The call he was in position to see and make.  Was motioning to the table when the other referee comes flying across the floor and reversed his call.

THAT is interjecting yourself into a game and becoming part of the outcome.  No call, in a game that tight, should be whistled unless absolutely necessary.  That reversal was mind blowing to watch.

J.D.

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2018, 01:27:13 pm

Those missed opportunities didnt decide the outcome though, the only logical explanation here is to blame it on a call.

gilesman2333

pretty sure MVE missed their fair share of free throws and gave west side every chance in the world to win it. Dont think the one call was what cost them the game.

gilesman2333

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 12:01:10 pm
Nobody got slapped.  That would have been an ejection.  Slapping, in that incident, would be the same as throwing a punch.

well she clearly hit the girl in the back... people from here in MVE have got video to prove it. The film dont lie

riccoar

Quote from: gilesman2333 on February 23, 2018, 01:41:57 pm
pretty sure MVE missed their fair share of free throws and gave west side every chance in the world to win it. Dont think the one call was what cost them the game.
They got a stop they needed to get the ball back and have another chance to try and win.  Big difference if that's made in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarter.  Not at the very end of the 4th. 

gilesman2333

Everyone is going to think different and nobody will ever be happy with that call. But MVE didnt play good at all. West side still had 3 chances at least to win it and had a pretty open buzzer beater shot but came up empty. Sorry that their season is over but its a done deal.

Flobbito

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 01:33:32 pm
Dude, a referee made a call.  The call he was in position to see and make.  Was motioning to the table when the other referee comes flying across the floor and reversed his call.

THAT is interjecting yourself into a game and becoming part of the outcome.  No call, in a game that tight, should be whistled unless absolutely necessary.  That reversal was mind blowing to watch.

That call only affectes the outcome of that possession, it just happens that in a one score game one possession can be a difference maker. . GF had 3 other possessions,  with under a minute to go, where they missed shots. Two of those three fall, the call you're referring to is moot. Since GF had to foul three times with under two minutes to go just to get MVE to the foul line it's not like the officials had it out for GF.

On a side note, any truth to the chatter above about GF having a lot of transfers out?  It would be a shame, they have a good freshmen in Gentry, I'm sure there are others.

riccoar

Quote from: Flobbito on February 23, 2018, 02:41:07 pm

On a side note, any truth to the chatter above about GF having a lot of transfers out?  It would be a shame, they have a good freshmen in Gentry, I'm sure there are others.

First I heard of anything going on was last night.  Totally shocked me.  Right now, they have two seniors that will graduate and two girls who start and play 30+ minutes that are looking for new schools.  So something has to give.

J.D.

J.D.

J.D.

J.D.

MVE - 45

Concord - 43

Under 3 minutes

J.D.

MVE - 47

Concord - 43

1:37 left in game.

J.D.

MVE - 47

Concord - 45

1:13 left in 4th

J.D.

Same score.

MVE ball with 40 seconds left

J.D.

MVE - 48

Concord - 45

Under 20 seconds.

J.D.

Regardless of this outcome, MVE has gotta get their free throw situation corrected lol.

Sooner or later, it's going to come back to haunt them.

J.D.

J.D.

Boys

Guy-Perkins - 22

Maumelle Charter - 4

End of 1

J.D.

Guy-Perkins - 40

Maumelle Charter - 19

Half

J.D.

Guy-Perkins - 55

Maumelle Charter - 35

End of 3

Boatrocks

Quote from: riccoar on February 23, 2018, 03:13:33 pm
First I heard of anything going on was last night.  Totally shocked me.  Right now, they have two seniors that will graduate and two girls who start and play 30+ minutes that are looking for new schools.  So something has to give.

First time I've been up to watch them play this year, looks like he went from a full bench down just a few players, and your right, was told the sam thing. The School Board definitely needs to get wind of this, if they keep him as a coach, I hear the girls are gone and there will be no Senior High Girls program next year.

J.D.

Girls

Rural Special - 15

Wonderview - 10

End of 1

J.D.

Rural Special - 26

Wonderview - 26

Half

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on February 23, 2018, 07:40:51 pm
Rural Special - 26

Wonderview - 26

Half
wow, them freshman moving up are giving WV flash backs..

J.D.

WV won in a really close game.  Don't have final score

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas