• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A District Tournament @ Riverview

Started by 20gohogs20, February 13, 2018, 09:13:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

20gohogs20

Monday February 12

Girls
8 Stuttgart over 9 Baptist Prep

Boys
8 CAC over 9 Heber Springs in OT

Tuesday February 13

4:00
Girls - 8 Stuttgart vs 1 CAC

5:15
Boys - 8 CAC vs 1 Southside Batesville

6:30
Girls - 7 Heber Springs vs 2 Lonoke

7:45
Boys - 7 Lonoke vs 2 Baptist Prep

LRRandy

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Baptist Prep boys up 29-25 on Lonoke mid 3q

Donnie Jamon

BP boys on a big run to end the 3q. Up 47-30 on Lonoke

20gohogs20

Tuesday Feb 13

Girls - 1 CAC over 8 Stuttgart

Boys - 1 Southside Batesville over 8 CAC

Girls - 2 Lonoke over 7 Heber Springs

Boys - 2 Baptist Prep over 7 Lonoke

Wednesday Feb 14

4:00 Girls

6 Helena vs 3 Riverview

5:15 Boys

6 Riverview vs 3 Helena

6:30 Girls

5 Southside Batesville vs 4 ESTEM

7:45 Boys

5 ESTEM vs 4 Stuttgart

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

LRRandy

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

LRRandy

Quote from: Uncle Tupelo on February 14, 2018, 06:43:12 pm
Boys Final

Riverview 62
Helena 47
this is a little unexpected isn't it? I suppose the guy complaining that HWH should have been a no. 1 seed won't be back posting anytime soon.

Uncle Tupelo

Uncle Tupelo

Bbal789

Quote from: LRRandy on February 14, 2018, 07:28:35 pm
this is a little unexpected isn't it? I suppose the guy complaining that HWH should have been a no. 1 seed won't be back posting anytime soon.

Tournament time you never know.

Livewire

Greatdane6

Greatdane6

February 15, 2018, 02:30:22 am #25 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:32:37 am by Greatdane6
 And this is exactly what I dislike about the 2-4A District Tournament this year Great Season For Stuttgart and West Helena going down the drain by horrible seeding. And somebody got to lose. Maybe the District is that tough I don't know But I know that those two teams easily can make the regionals over the 8-4A side.

westhelena1

February 15, 2018, 07:10:47 am #26 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:36:52 am by westhelena1
Here I am and I will still say on this forum and other places that Helena should have had the number one seed for the reasons previously stated on this board and at this link http://www.helena-arkansas.com/news/20180209/fair-play-isnt-rule-of-day. When you have the kind of season the Cougars had with only one loss to a ranked team before Christmas and a district title, you should be the top seed that gives you a first round game where you probably survive a lackluster performance. Instead, we were rewarded with a game against the host team for the tournament that had over 20 wins. Just not right. Having said that, Riverview is a good basketball team that controlled the tempo and deserved to win last night. This discussion of the seeding process and the result shouldn't take away from their great performance last night.

LRRandy

February 15, 2018, 07:52:11 am #27 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:53:57 am by LRRandy
Quote from: westhelena1 on February 15, 2018, 07:10:47 am
Here I am and I will still say on this forum and other places that Helena should have had the number one seed for the reasons previously stated on this board and at this link http://www.helena-arkansas.com/news/20180209/fair-play-isnt-rule-of-day. When you have the kind of season the Cougars had with only one loss to a ranked team before Christmas and a district title, you should be the top seed that gives you a first round game where you probably survive a lackluster performance. Instead, we were rewarded with a game against the host team for the tournament that had over 20 wins. Just not right. Having said that, Riverview is a good basketball team that controlled the tempo and deserved to win last night. This discussion of the seeding process and the result shouldn't take away from their great performance last night.
I think it speaks to several things. The mixed 3a/4a districts has been a debacle. How can you have a "district" tournament with teams that have not seen each other in the regular season? How is Riverview the 6 seed, is this district that deep? Having to play 3a schools in the regular season does nothing for a team wanting to toughen up for a post season run. The seeding process in this district was tough to do. You are complaining about Helena's number three seed. How about being the number one ranked 4a team in the state all year and not being the number one seed in your district. It's unfortunate for the teams that get knocked out early. I can't speak to it being deserved or not because I don't know how strong Helena and Stuttgart are because even though they are in our district tournament we have never seen them or played them. I'm glad the format changes next year. At least it will go back to districts where you play the teams in the season that you will face in the poatseason.

TTownfan

Just one observation from the article.  The writer claims Southside had the worst conference loss which was to Tuckerman. Tuckerman beat the team that took HWH out twice this year. I'll be waiting for his retraction. 

eagle1

For the second year in a row this District Tournament has three Conference Champions. With blended conference structure and allowing coaches to decide seedings you will always have disagreement since the seeds were not decided on the court. At the end of the day you just have to win, survive, and advance no matter who you have to play. This is by far the toughest district and the Regional will be just as tough. There are two teams that saw their season end that had potential to win some games at both regionals and state.

Greatdane6

Strongly agree preach brother now again I have said that about Riverview if they would have lost except for the number one seed part and Stuttgart and Estem if they would have lost not to take away a good game by Riverview and Estem

20gohogs20

Wednesday Feb 14

Girls - 3 Riverview over 6 Helena
Boys - 6 Riverview over 3 Helena
Girls - 4 ESTEM over 5 Southside
Boys - 5 ESTEM over 4 Stuttgart

Thursday Feb 15

Girls 4:00
1 CAC vs 4 ESTEM

Boys 5:15
1 Southside Batesville vs 4 ESTEM

Girls 6:30
2 Lonoke vs 3 Riverview

Boys 7:45
2 Baptist Prep vs 6 Riverview

Bbal789

The top 6 seeds in this district could easily be the undisputed #1 seed and team in other districts

westhelena1

Quote from: Outoftownfan on February 15, 2018, 07:57:59 am
Just one observation from the article.  The writer claims Southside had the worst conference loss which was to Tuckerman. Tuckerman beat the team that took HWH out twice this year. I'll be waiting for his retraction.

Helena-West Helena only lost two games this year.  Once to Stuttgart on December 15 and then last night against Riverview.  No one beat them twice. 

bballfan1

February 15, 2018, 10:03:02 am #34 Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:36:55 am by bballfan1
Quote from: westhelena1 on February 15, 2018, 09:52:00 am
Helena-West Helena only lost two games this year.  Once to Stuttgart on December 15 and then last night against Riverview.  No one beat them twice.
Why don't you look at who was ranked above you and who they had on their schedule?  Helena played Marianna Lee 5 times- who sucks......you didn't play or beat any teams the caliber of what Southside did. Schedule is a factor in determining seating.  Really, some of you get on here mouthing off about what you don't know.  Who did Stuttgart play in comparison to Southside, Riverview, or Baptist Prep?  You were seeded right where you needed to be.  And you got beat because Southside and Riverview play tougher competition and are better than either Helena or Stuttgart. Stop your crying.  Begin preparing for next year.   ::)

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Bbal789 on February 15, 2018, 09:13:09 am
The top 6 seeds in this district could easily be the undisputed #1 seed and team in other districts
SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA but they aren't...

samschoice

LRRandy

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 15, 2018, 10:24:16 am
SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA but they aren't...
sweet, you got your panties all wadded up over this conference inferiority complex of yours. The state tournament will be the place for all of this to play out. Relax. Enjoy the games. We will see who standing at the end.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bballfan1 on February 15, 2018, 10:03:02 am
And you got beat because Southside and Riverview play tougher competition and are better than either Helena or Stuttgart.

Stuttgart beat Riverview earlier in the year, so, obviously not better than Stuttgart.  :)

gamechanger11

Well 6 teams in that tournament had 20 or more wins. It is hard to say which should have been the one seed. You could have most likely made a case for each one, however if you are claiming to be a one seed you should still beat a 6 seed. It's the nature of tournament play you have to buckle up and go play. It has been complained about several years how conference and regionals line up. Does it stink yes. But that's how it it's if you should be a 1 seed you should take care of a 6. Unless all of those teams have a case for higher seeds.

Ctucker

Quote from: westhelena1 on February 15, 2018, 09:52:00 am
and now nobody can beat them twice since season is over

Ctucker

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on February 15, 2018, 11:23:50 am
Stuttgart beat Riverview earlier in the year, so, obviously not better than Stuttgart.  :)
Got to win when it matters!

hawgfan4life33

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2018, 11:21:08 am
sweet, you got your panties all wadded up over this conference inferiority complex of yours. The state tournament will be the place for all of this to play out. Relax. Enjoy the games. We will see who standing at the end.
I'm just waiting for the East to be #1 in all conferences...

BirdCall

Did anybody see the ESTEM vs Stuttgart game wanted to know who made the difference for ESTEM to win the game. I'm thinking it was there 6'6 post player because Stuttgart didn't have anyone to defend him in the post. Also was wondering how did David Walker and Tim Johnson played for Stuttgart.

BirdCall

Don't be surprised if ESTEM knock off Southside lol

Livewire

Sure was looking forward to a Westside/Stuttgart matchup after all the trash talk about how Stuttgart made Hunter Mickelson look like a baby a few years ago, and that David Walker and company would do the same to Avery Felts.

Maybe Stuttgart will get a chance at Westside next year...if they make it out of district.

LRRandy

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 15, 2018, 12:08:42 pm
I'm just waiting for the East to be #1 in all conferences...
well, unofficially , we all know they are.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2018, 01:20:36 pm
well, unofficially , we all know they are.
To be perfectly honest... probably.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas