• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1 East district scores- Valley Springs

Started by Bergman1820, February 12, 2018, 05:09:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Quote from: YSpanther on February 17, 2018, 09:38:29 pm
Not likely with the draws we have.  Our fate was sealed Thursday night vs. Valley and the icing on the cupcakes was Corning losing by a few to Manila and then Manila rising up get the first seed.  As a first or second seed against Corning or a talented but not very good team Rivercrest, there was hope.  An overconfident Manila, we could've tried to hang with for awhile.  A recently punched in the nose powerhouse that should've been the 1 seed isn't a very good feeling.  They only thing we have going for us is the familiarity with Melbourne and its gym, while the other district has to travel slightly farther.

Not much consolation in that.  But we almost stole one 2 years ago.  The Manila/Osceola outcome is proof of why we play the games.
Manila is dang good so theirs no proof really. It's always a dog fight between the two

baller334

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 17, 2018, 09:51:50 pm
Manila is dang good so theirs no proof really. It's always a dog fight between the two

No doubt 501, I know Osceola beat Manila twice in the regular season but I don't believe it was by much.

drybones

Congratulations Valley! 3a 1E District champs.
Valley 55
Clinton 47

YSpanther

Quote from: baller334 on February 17, 2018, 10:01:56 pm
No doubt 501, I know Osceola beat Manila twice in the regular season but I don't believe it was by much.
@ Manila by 4, @ Osceola by 9.  Somehow I thought the difference was a tad larger, must have been confusing with someone else like Riverside etc.  It goes to show though that it is hard to beat any team 3 times straight in a season. I do think that regionals and state see some strange games and upsets because teams are unfamiliar with each other and don't get in each other's heads like rivals that play every year do.

ZoneBuster

Johnny B Ball still paying dividends for VS

drybones

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 18, 2018, 09:13:08 am
Johnny B Ball still paying dividends for VS
At the beginning of the year people were counting Valley out due to the coaching change. Coach Hanney deserves credit for taking this program to both jr high and Sr high district championships! Congratulations to Coach Hanney and the valley boys teams!

Head Lion

Quote from: drybones on February 18, 2018, 10:27:14 am
At the beginning of the year people were counting Valley out due to the coaching change. Coach Hanney deserves credit for taking this program to both jr high and Sr high district championships! Congratulations to Coach Hanney and the valley boys teams!
Hope he brushes up on press offense & how to play against really good athletes for the 2nd round.

biglion1985

Oh yeah HeadLion you are right but if you can effectively from what I seen if you can make some shots and effectively slow down that ball you can beat Osceola but then again I could be wrong lol

I’mGlad

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 11:12:05 am
Hope he brushes up on press offense & how to play against really good athletes for the 2nd round.
Do you have a prediction for that potential second round matchup, oh so wise Head Lion?

Head Lion

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 18, 2018, 11:45:41 am
Do you have a prediction for that potential second round matchup, oh so wise Head Lion?
Manila/Rivercrest VS/Osceola Finals Manila/Osceola Round 4! That cupcake schedule Valley always plays is about to end.

I’mGlad

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 12:21:08 pm
Manila/Rivercrest VS/Osceola Finals Manila/Osceola Round 4! That cupcake schedule Valley always plays is about to end.
I'm with you Head Lion. I'm so sick and tired of Valley fans thinking they have a chance against the real teams. We all know that Osceola and Manila are the true powerhouses around here.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 12:21:08 pm
Cupcakes gets smashed lol

501Arkansas

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 18, 2018, 12:29:07 pm
I'm with you Head Lion. I'm so sick and tired of Valley fans thinking they have a chance against the real teams. We all know that Osceola and Manila are the true powerhouses around here.
+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas