• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

District Tournament Sites/ Brackets/ Schedules

Started by C.P. FAN, February 05, 2018, 04:38:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

C.P. FAN

501Arkansas

Im not 100% sure if this is right but i have seeen it on favebook.

3a-3 will be at piggott.

Top bracket has:

1E Osceola vs 4W Hoxie February 12th at 5:30
2W Walnut Ridge vs 3E Rivercrest February 13th at 5:30.

2nd round will be February 15th at 5:30

Bottom bracket has:

1W Corning vs 4E Riverside February 12th at 8:30
2E Manila vs 3W Piggott February 13th at 8:30.

2nd round will be February 15th at 8:30.

Championship game will be February 16th at 8:30

3rd place game will be February 16th at 5:30

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 05, 2018, 05:56:38 pm

3a-3 will be at piggott.

Top bracket has:

Bottom bracket has:

This is the boys bracket

AT

I have no idea, and I'll let you know if I get an idea, of what the bracket is going to look like, but the 3A-1 West District Tournament is in Greenland.

The teams:

Cedarville
Charleston
Elkins
Greenland
Haas Hall
Mansfield

beach bum

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 05, 2018, 08:06:20 pm
I have no idea, and I'll let you know if I get an idea, of what the bracket is going to look like, but the 3A-1 West District Tournament is in Greenland.

The teams:

Cedarville
Charleston
Elkins
Greenland
Haas Hall
Mansfield

This is the closest district tourney to me out of any classification.... Definitely fill us in when the bracket comes out cause I may have to catch a game at this tourney.

birddawg1986

I would share the 3-3A Brackets that will be played in Piggott but can't get attachments to take

RedWolf275

Not sure of dates and times but 3A-3 girls matchups are

Riverside vs Piggott
Corning vs Manila

Hoxie vs Osceola
Rivercrest vs Walnut Ridge

Bergman1820

3A-1 East Coaches meeting will be Wednesday so brackets should be available then.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 05, 2018, 05:56:38 pm

3a-3 will be at piggott.

Top bracket has:

Bottom bracket has:

This is correct.

CTEPirateFan

Drew Central hosts the 8-3A and brackets should be finalized this weekend as conference games end Friday night.

BB4Life

CTEPirateFan

Quote from: BB4Life on February 07, 2018, 05:49:18 pm
I was told Smackover was hosting 8-3A   
You're right, my mistake. Since DC is hosting state, they changed it.

Bergman1820

Quote from: vstigerz on February 06, 2018, 12:03:36 am
3A-1 East Coaches meeting will be Wednesday so brackets should be available then.

Meeting has been moved to Thursday.

CTEPirateFan

8-3A District BOYS

Monday: #4 Smackover vs. #5 Lakeside (Lake Village)

Tuesday: #3 Junction City vs. #6 Fordyce

Wednesday: #1 Drew Central vs. Winner of Smack/Lake

Thursday: #2 McGehee vs. Winner of JC/Fordyce

Friday: Championship w/ Winners of Wed/Thurs

All games will start at 7:45pm in Smackover

CTEPirateFan

8-3A District GIRLS

Monday: #4 Drew Central vs. #5 Lakeside (Lake Village)

Tuesday: #3 Smackover vs. #6 McGehee

Wednesday: #1 Fordyce vs. Winner of DC/Lake

Thursday: #2 Junction City vs. Winner of Smack/McGehee

Friday: Championship w/ Winner of Wed/Thurs

All games will start at 6:30pm in Smackover

Bergman1820

I have heard that some of the times will change due to the Junior High Finals getting moved from Saturday to Monday.
I will update with new information when I find out.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: vstigerz on February 11, 2018, 05:33:37 am
I have heard that some of the times will change due to the Junior High Finals getting moved from Saturday to Monday.
I will update with new information when I find out.

Where is this tournament being played?

drybones

I’mGlad

I'm glad Clinton got the 1 seed with a 2-6 conference record, and Valley got the 2 seed with a 8-2 conference record.

Bergman1820

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 11, 2018, 05:22:36 pm
I'm glad Clinton got the 1 seed with a 2-6 conference record, and Valley got the 2 seed with a 8-2 conference record.

That seems strange

bobcats

I'm no Clinton supporter, but Clinton is 3-0 against the 3A-1E.  When you have a district that has teams from 4 conferences that is what you get.  Good riddance of the blended conference!

I’mGlad

3-0 or not in 3A-1E, that still does not excuse placing them above a team with a much better overall conference  record, who has been 6-1 in 3A-1E play. This is the very reason that the blended system is invalid; there is no objective way to seed teams going into districts. Coaches are human too, and are just as prone to bias as any other person. Teams who are generally unliked, such as Valley, will get the shaft when it comes to voting time.

AT

Boys 3A 1 West Bracket

Elkins
Bye

Cedarville (Monday, 2/12, 5:20 PM)
Haas Hall

Charleston
Bye

Greenland (Monday, 2/12, 8:00 PM)
Mansfield

drybones

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 11, 2018, 07:45:30 pm
3-0 or not in 3A-1E, that still does not excuse placing them above a team with a much better overall conference  record, who has been 6-1 in 3A-1E play. This is the very reason that the blended system is invalid; there is no objective way to seed teams going into districts. Coaches are human too, and are just as prone to bias as any other person. Teams who are generally unliked, such as Valley, will get the shaft when it comes to voting time.
+1

Basketballfan13

Who is your team?

teachers pet

Perryville and Jessieville both ended up 21-4 and were in different blended conferences. Jessieville beat Perryville early back in November in a non conference game and got the #1 seed, Perryville #2.

Ball Hog

Does anyone have the updated bracket for the 3a-1 East tournament at Valley?

drybones

drybones

AmericanMan30

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 11, 2018, 05:22:36 pm
Check common opponents bud.

Basketballfan13

That's not quite fair to assume. Valley is actually a well respected program especially in that conference...I would guess they voted like that strictly because they do not like or respect valleys coach.

drybones

Quote from: AmericanMan30 on February 12, 2018, 12:14:53 pm
Check common opponents bud.
3 common opponents
Yellville  (they both beat)
Heber Springs (Valley won 48 points, Clinton by 16)
Greenbrier (valley lost by 5 Clinton won by 1 at Clinton tournament)
I don't see the justification there.

AmericanMan30

Clinton beat Yellville 41, Valley beat them 21. (you didn't put that scoring differential up there, did you?) Then Clinton beat Greenbriar like you said, so how does Clinton not have the upper leg based off of common opponents.

drybones

Quote from: AmericanMan30 on February 12, 2018, 12:53:45 pm
Clinton beat Yellville 41, Valley beat them 21. (you didn't put that scoring differential up there, did you?) Then Clinton beat Greenbriar like you said, so how does Clinton not have the upper leg based off of common opponents.
Your right. 2 wins is very impressive!
It is what it is, let's play ball! Good luck tonight.

I’mGlad

So since Clinton beat Grennbriar by 1, at home, and Valley lost by 5, that 6 point difference justifies overlooking their 2-6 conference record and Valley'-s 8-2 conference record?

HawgDaddy

That 41 point win against Yellville was the first game of the year against a Yellville team without their all-state PG.  Not that it matters who is the #1 or the #2, but the margin of victory is not the best justification for the seeds.  How have the teams been playing recently?  Anyone hurt? 

Should be a good tournament.

ballmember

Maybe they thought since on Valley's home court they didnt want to give them too much more of a home court advantage; maybe because Clinton has more quality losses to top 4a schools; or maybe the other coaches just dont like the coach.  1 or 2 shouldn't matter if both teams good enough to get to finals.  Fixin to find out.    Clinton and Valley in the finals !!!

ZoneBuster

I know the blended conferences aren't perfect but there isn't much to complain about. Win your first game and you're in Regionals, win first game in regionals and you're in State. I would venture to say most states require you win you're conference/district Tourney to advance. No need to complain, go win.

teachers pet

If you have a first round bye, I believe you're already in regions.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 11, 2018, 08:22:49 pm
Boys 3A 1 West Bracket

Elkins
Bye

Cedarville (Monday, 2/12, 5:20 PM)
Haas Hall

Charleston
Bye

Greenland (Monday, 2/12, 8:00 PM)
Mansfield
Cedarville boys over Haas Hall by 10+
Mansfield boys over Greenland in OT by 6

Bracket was identical for girls
Cedarville girls over Haas Hall
Greenland girls over Mansfield by 30+

AT

Thanks, Wonderdog. Bracket now:

Boys
Elkins (Tuesday, 2/13, 5:20 PM)
Cedarville

Charleston (Tuesday, 2/13, 8:00 PM)
Mansfield

Girls
Elkins (Tuesday, 2/13, 4:00 PM)
Cedarville

Charleston (Tuesday, 2/13, 6:40 PM)
Greenland

YSpanther

For the Clinton/Valley dustup, here are some other things to digest.  Some coaches don't know how to work Maxpreps.  Marshall is a prime example.  right now their schedule is pretty much right, but earlier in the year they were shown to be playing a Mississippi school etc.  Long story short, Clinton didn't mark all of their blended games as counting.  If someone were to actually look at who they played, they were 18-7 overall before tournament play, and smoked Melbourne and Yellville.  And they were not 2-6 or 2-4.  They were 8-6 actually.  And their blended conference had 3  of the 4A teams unlike the 2 that Valley and Yellville had to play.  And they included Pottsville who is 2nd ranked in 4A and split with them  They split with Perryville who is 4th in 3A.  They split with Two Rivers who are actually pretty good in 3A as well.  The only head scratcher is losing 2 in that group to Dardanelle who is 4A and has a winning record, but is not a world beater.

Long story short, I feel they played in a tougher conference.  Huntsville really wasn't that good, even though Yellville found a way to lose to them twice, and while Berryville is solid in 4A and is ranked 15th in 4A, they really aren't world beaters either.  And obviously either the other coaches felt that way too, or like some said, Valley was disliked.  Because I have a source and heard that the vote on who would be the one seed was 7-1 for Clinton.  Valley is a good team.  But so is Clinton.  And the reality is that if the tournament goes like I think it will, it will be Valley and Clinton playing for the 1 seed and Yellville and probably Melbourne fighting it out to see who doesn't have to play Osceola in regionals and get a skull stomping.

Head Lion

Quote from: YSpanther on February 13, 2018, 07:03:52 pm
For the Clinton/Valley dustup, here are some other things to digest.  Some coaches don't know how to work Maxpreps.  Marshall is a prime example.  right now their schedule is pretty much right, but earlier in the year they were shown to be playing a Mississippi school etc.  Long story short, Clinton didn't mark all of their blended games as counting.  If someone were to actually look at who they played, they were 18-7 overall before tournament play, and smoked Melbourne and Yellville.  And they were not 2-6 or 2-4.  They were 8-6 actually.  And their blended conference had 3  of the 4A teams unlike the 2 that Valley and Yellville had to play.  And they included Pottsville who is 2nd ranked in 4A and split with them  They split with Perryville who is 4th in 3A.  They split with Two Rivers who are actually pretty good in 3A as well.  The only head scratcher is losing 2 in that group to Dardanelle who is 4A and has a winning record, but is not a world beater.

Long story short, I feel they played in a tougher conference.  Huntsville really wasn't that good, even though Yellville found a way to lose to them twice, and while Berryville is solid in 4A and is ranked 15th in 4A, they really aren't world beaters either.  And obviously either the other coaches felt that way too, or like some said, Valley was disliked.  Because I have a source and heard that the vote on who would be the one seed was 7-1 for Clinton.  Valley is a good team.  But so is Clinton.  And the reality is that if the tournament goes like I think it will, it will be Valley and Clinton playing for the 1 seed and Yellville and probably Melbourne fighting it out to see who doesn't have to play Osceola in regionals and get a skull stomping.
Spot on

AT

Wonder or anyone else have an update from the 3A-1 W in Greenland tonight? Couldn't make it and was hoping to hear Charleston scores

YSpanther

Quote from: HawgDaddy on February 12, 2018, 01:48:16 pm
That 41 point win against Yellville was the first game of the year against a Yellville team without their all-state PG.  Not that it matters who is the #1 or the #2, but the margin of victory is not the best justification for the seeds.  How have the teams been playing recently?  Anyone hurt? 

Should be a good tournament.
Yellville dispatched of Mountain View pretty handily and is now on a 6 game winning streak.  On the other hand, Valley appears to have taken Bergman lightly tonight, eking out a 4 point win on their home court against a team they had beaten by over 20 each time before. I think any of the 4 left  have the capability to pull out a win against any other.  And I think everyone's goal is to not be the 4 seed.  In the 3A 3, the 4 teams left are Osceola, Corning, Manila, Rivercrest. If one believes the MaxPreps strength ratings, the 3A3 has Osceola at 7th, Corning at 13th, Manila at 16th and Rivercrest at 26th.  Out of the 1-East  Valley Springs is at 6th, Clinton 12th, Yellville-Summit 14th and Marshall at 22nd.  According to that, it looks like an evenly matched regional.

We shall see.  ;)

AT

February 14, 2018, 07:43:13 am #46 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 03:10:36 pm by Almatrackster
Last night in the 3A-1 West:

Elkins boys beat Cedarville 57-45

Elkins girls beat Cedarville 49-43

Charleston boys beat Mansfield 66-21

Charleston girls beat Greenland 48-39

Bracket now:

3rd Place Girls Game: Cedarville vs. Greenland (Thursday, 2/15, 4:00 PM)

3rd Place Boys Game: Cedarville vs. Mansfield (Thursday, 2/15, 5:20 PM)

Girls Championship Game: Elkins vs. Charleston (Thursday, 2/15, 6:40 PM)

Boys Championship Game: Elkins vs. Charleston (Thursday, 2/15, 8:00 PM)

Bergman1820

Quote from: YSpanther on February 14, 2018, 12:36:30 am
Yellville dispatched of Mountain View pretty handily and is now on a 6 game winning streak.  On the other hand, Valley appears to have taken Bergman lightly tonight, eking out a 4 point win on their home court against a team they had beaten by over 20 each time before. I think any of the 4 left  have the capability to pull out a win against any other.  And I think everyone's goal is to not be the 4 seed.  In the 3A 3, the 4 teams left are Osceola, Corning, Manila, Rivercrest. If one believes the MaxPreps strength ratings, the 3A3 has Osceola at 7th, Corning at 13th, Manila at 16th and Rivercrest at 26th.  Out of the 1-East  Valley Springs is at 6th, Clinton 12th, Yellville-Summit 14th and Marshall at 22nd.  According to that, it looks like an evenly matched regional.

We shall see.  ;)

Valley Springs may have taken Bergman lightly, but I think the difference was the guys played with a new energy and  the addition of Elijah Royce. It should be Bergman playing against Yellville-Summit tonight and anyone who was at the game Tuesday night or who has viewed the video knows that.

drybones

Quote from: vstigerz on February 15, 2018, 02:16:03 pm
Valley Springs may have taken Bergman lightly, but I think the difference was the guys played with a new energy and  the addition of Elijah Royce. It should be Bergman playing against Yellville-Summit tonight and anyone who was at the game Tuesday night or who has viewed the video knows that.
What video?

Bergman1820

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas