• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Talk

Started by Eagle076, February 04, 2018, 04:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

birddawg1986

2A baseball is so watered down. Don't think any teams from NEA will be a contender for a state title.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on April 05, 2018, 10:02:02 pm
2A baseball is so watered down. Don't think any teams from NEA will be a contender for a state title.

So just because no team from NEA will be a contender (in your opinion) that means 2A is watered down?  🤔🤔🤔

Not so sure on your logic.

big E

Just wait BIC will change your mind. I don't care if they have only played 4 or 5 games they didn't lose anyone from last year , they will make a run.

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 06, 2018, 01:03:52 am
So just because no team from NEA will be a contender (in your opinion) that means 2A is watered down?  🤔🤔🤔

Not so sure on your logic.
You really think 2A baseball is as good as it was from 2008-2016 ??? when Junction City, Woodlawn, Horatio, Ouachita, Walnut Ridge all played in class 2A ??? Then teams like Parkers Chapel, Riverside (moved up) and the run Magnet Cove had a couple years ago now that was good baseball. Most of the schools above will be back in 2A next season and baseball will be strong again.

RedWolf275

No doubt 2A is weak right now. AAA took an axe to it last cycle but looks like next year it will return to eight conferences where there are only six now.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: birddawg1986 on April 06, 2018, 01:16:46 pm
You really think 2A baseball is as good as it was from 2008-2016 ??? when Junction City, Woodlawn, Horatio, Ouachita, Walnut Ridge all played in class 2A ??? Then teams like Parkers Chapel, Riverside (moved up) and the run Magnet Cove had a couple years ago now that was good baseball. Most of the schools above will be back in 2A next season and baseball will be strong again.

That's not what I was saying,  I was just thinking you were basing it off of no team's from NEA making noise. I really don't even like baseball. Lol

birddawg1986

Ha Ha. I'm glad you don't like baseball

Eagle076

Des Arc over Clarendon 34-0.

BossHogs

Why 34-0? Bad Blood between the schools or just running up the score

big E

PW 7-3 & 11-1 over cross county yesterday.

big E

Quote from: Eagle076 on April 09, 2018, 09:17:55 pm
Des Arc over Clarendon 34-0.
Now that's a butt whoopin.

southarkdaddy

Max Preps Updated Top 10

1   Conway Christian (Conway)   
2   Parkers Chapel (El Dorado)   
3   Spring Hill (Hope)   
4   Lavaca   
5   Buffalo Island Central (Monette)
6   Pangburn   
7   Des Arc   
8   Hector   
9   Palestine-Wheatley (Palestine)   
10   Salem   

big E

PW is at McCrory today , and host Des Arc Friday so this week will determine how conference plays out.

Eagle076

Des Arc over Brinkley 24-0.

big E

PW split with McCrory,  jags won the first game 11-5 , PW took the night cap 9-5.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

birddawg1986

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on April 10, 2018, 09:23:47 pm
I saw 23-0?
Looks like DA is in the driver's seat going into the last 10 days before district. I assume PW, McCrory are right on their heels. Good 3 teams in this district for sure.

big E

Actually McCrory is in the driver's seat. They have beat both teams by more than those teams beat them.

Eagle076

Actually Des Arc is in the the driver's seat. The first loss they had to McCrory was a tournament game not a conference game. During conference play Des Arc won Game 1 against them. So that means if they beat PW Friday they pretty much have the title. We will see.

bearfan

Quote from: Eagle076 on April 11, 2018, 06:25:25 pm
Actually Des Arc is in the the driver's seat. The first loss they had to McCrory was a tournament game not a conference game. During conference play Des Arc won Game 1 against them. So that means if they beat PW Friday they pretty much have the title. We will see.
This really doesn't matter because Des Arc and McCrory are both trash

big E

April 11, 2018, 07:44:26 pm #70 Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 08:00:33 pm by big E
DES ARC AND PW are both tied with 1 conference loss. DES ARC has to sweep PW Friday to win the conference. If they split then that brings McCrory back into the equation.  And McCrory beat both des arc and PW by more than they beat them.

2asportsfan

The 2nd game of the double headers do not count this year, therefore des arc is first with no losses and pw and Mccrory are tied for 2nd because Mccrory beat PW and PW bet Hazen

ChokeNPoke

Riverside 5
BIC 2
Final
Appears that once BIC gets down by a couple runs they are done.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 2asportsfan on April 11, 2018, 08:35:26 pm
The 2nd game of the double headers do not count this year, therefore des arc is first with no losses and pw and Mccrory are tied for 2nd because Mccrory beat PW and PW bet Hazen

That's what I was thinking. The 2nd games of the double headers are J.V. games.

big E

You better check because the second game are varsity conference games they have always been. The blended conferences has it all jacked up that's why you play white county twice and there not in our district tournament and Hazen and Carlisle and Clarendon once . But I assure you that the double header that you played at McCrory was both conference games. I noticed on max preps where Des Arc  wasn't counting the second McCrory game as a conference loss and McCrory was counting it as a conference win. It will all get ironed out at the coaches meeting.

SAUAlum

Is the rumor about Parkers Chapel losing a few players over hazing correct?

birddawg1986

Quote from: ChokeNPoke on April 11, 2018, 08:47:54 pm
Riverside 5
BIC 2
Final
Appears that once BIC gets down by a couple runs they are done.
I wonder how they really feel at BIC. They are now 5-3 but time last year they were 6-2. I think the roster is made up of a real solid 9. Looks like they had a BIG win at McCrory 14-3 a couple weeks ago. Now back to back losses but looks like some easy wins coming up with Cross Co and Marmaduke coming up. Hopefully next Friday, April 20th they travel to Manila (last game before district) and this will be a good measuring stick.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: big E on April 12, 2018, 05:17:51 am
You better check because the second game are varsity conference games they have always been. The blended conferences has it all jacked up that's why you play white county twice and there not in our district tournament and Hazen and Carlisle and Clarendon once . But I assure you that the double header that you played at McCrory was both conference games. I noticed on max preps where Des Arc  wasn't counting the second McCrory game as a conference loss and McCrory was counting it as a conference win. It will all get ironed out at the coaches meeting.

The coaches voted in the fall meeting to only count the first game towards the conference tournament seeding, 2nd game just counts against your record, nothing to do with seeding.

2asportsfan

bearfan

Does anyone know how good conway christian is this year? Haven't heard very much

LaFlamaBlanca55

2A baseball is so down, All the 2A schools better get while the getting is good because from what Ive seen this year and last year, the top 1A baseball teams would dominate the 2A schools. The top 1A baseball teams are far and above better than the top 2A

southarkdaddy

Right.  Thats why parkers chapel has beaten woodlawn and taylor.  Conway Christian and Spring Hill both beat Dierks.  And freaking Mt Pine beat Ouchita.  1A baseball is the worst class in the history of Arkansas high school sports. 

littlec2964

PC split with Taylor winning 12-6 and losing 10-3.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des Arc 9

P-W 6

Final

2asportsfan

Means des arc will probably be the one, mac 2, palestine 3

Cheek

England   8
Quitman. 0

Eslim03

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on April 12, 2018, 11:11:47 pm
2A baseball is so down, All the 2A schools better get while the getting is good because from what Ive seen this year and last year, the top 1A baseball teams would dominate the 2A schools. The top 1A baseball teams are far and above better than the top 2A

This is funny. The only reason 1A can compete in basketball or baseball is because that's their football. They work year around in basketball and baseball imagine what would happen in 2a if all they had was basketballor baseball. Then the 1a schools wouldn't be getting the non football athletes from neighboring schools.

Ctucker

I thought MT Ida was a 1a school!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on April 13, 2018, 10:19:24 pm
I thought MT Ida was a 1a school!

They are.... About a dozen football schools play 1a sports

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on April 14, 2018, 09:32:13 am
They are.... About a dozen football schools play 1a sports
That's what I thought and they have won and been runner up in 2a football the last 2 Year's!

big E

Quote from: 2asportsfan on April 13, 2018, 07:13:13 pm
Means des arc will probably be the one, mac 2, palestine 3
Looks like this is how it plays out , but PW still has a make up with white county , that it appears white county doesn't want to play. This means a double forfeit and neither are eligible for post season play. Per AAA rules.

Ctucker

Quote from: big E on April 15, 2018, 12:06:05 pm
Looks like this is how it plays out , but PW still has a make up with white county , that it appears white county doesn't want to play. This means a double forfeit and neither are eligible for post season play. Per AAA rules.
Seems to me it wouldn't be a double forfeit just WCC forfeit and PW gets the wins!

big E

That's what I thought but it was explained if the games are not made up before the district tournament then it's a double forfeit and both teams,are ineligible for post season play ,  if the home team which in this case is PW has tried to get thus game rescheduled,  and white county keeps saying they are not coming then they should be made to forfeit and pay the consequences.  This also affects the softball team  , while the baseball team gas little chance of winning state this year the softball team has a good chance , you jyst gate to see kids punished for adults not being able to come together.

Ctucker

April 15, 2018, 02:47:06 pm #93 Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:48:56 pm by Ctucker
Quote from: big E on April 15, 2018, 02:41:56 pm
That's what I thought but it was explained if the games are not made up before the district tournament then it's a double forfeit and both teams,are ineligible for post season play ,  if the home team which in this case is PW has tried to get thus game rescheduled,  and white county keeps saying they are not coming then they should be made to forfeit and pay the consequences.  This also affects the softball team  , while the baseball team gas little chance of winning state this year the softball team has a good chance , you jyst gate to see kids punished for adults not being able to come together.
yes that's BS I'm from WCC but don't keep of with baseball or softball I can see baseball coach being a butt hole but I figured the softball coach would play and I can see our super not caring one way or other when he should make them play! Heck state should make them or make them shut down program!

big E

Maybe it gets all figured out tomorrow  when the two supts talk,  our AD didn't have any luck last week.

Ctucker

Quote from: big E on April 15, 2018, 03:02:46 pm
Maybe it gets all figured out tomorrow  when the two supts talk,  our AD didn't have any luck last week.
i hope it gets worked out no team should be able to do that to another! I guess our boys don't make it either way! That's sad of our coaches!

Ctucker

I just looked at Max Preps no wonder our coach don't want to play but he needs to go ahead and play!

big E

Either play or formally forfeit.

Ctucker

Quote from: big E on April 15, 2018, 04:48:58 pm
Either play or formally forfeit.
yes either but for me from being from there he needs to get his butt up and play or quit coaching!

big E

I agree with that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas