• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A 2-South District Tournament at Midland

Started by BasketballNeverStops, February 02, 2018, 12:47:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyChitwood

I think Michael Smith and Trey Berry deserve some credit. Young coaches getting it done.

JustaFan

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: JustaFan on February 16, 2018, 08:32:17 am
Who won the girls GFWS vs Rural Special?
Rural Special in overtime, one of the best games I have ever seen, well executed plays down the stretch by both teams, you combine that and Timbo/Concord and it was the best night of sports I have witnessed in a while

BannerMountainMan

Also the two Freshman for RS played a big role too! They gonna be salty in a year or two

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 16, 2018, 08:36:11 am
Also the two Freshman for RS played a big role too! They gonna be salty in a year or two
Sutterfield and Linville are a good couple of players along with Kocher.

Catfish

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 16, 2018, 12:42:40 am
That has to be one of the most absolute disgusting posts I have ever seen on this site.

+100000000000000

Catfish

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 16, 2018, 08:35:25 am
Rural Special in overtime, one of the best games I have ever seen, well executed plays down the stretch by both teams, you combine that and Timbo/Concord and it was the best night of sports I have witnessed in a while

Told y'all they would win. Super happy for Coach Berry. Good luck to Concord and RS
Saturday!

riccoar

Quote from: Catfish on February 16, 2018, 09:52:17 am
Told y'all they would win. Super happy for Coach Berry. Good luck to Concord and RS
Saturday!
Would have been even better if one ref had been in sync with his two buddies.  They were letting them play and he kept calling BS tic tac fouls.  Westside had 3 girls foul out and finished the last minute of overtime with 4 players.

riccoar

Quote from: SackAttack on February 15, 2018, 11:08:53 pm
You are a total idiot!!
My opinion.  One of the absolute worst things about no shot clock.  Cornett loves to be mouthy too.  I've seen him make a mocking comment about an opposing player before during a game.  If any opposing coach had ever directed something like that to my kid, he and I would have a personal conversation for sure.

SackAttack

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 16, 2018, 12:42:40 am
That has to be one of the most absolute disgusting posts I have ever seen on this site.
Let me clear the up by saying I was not referring to Cornett and his decision and average fan like riccoar that questions his decision making isn't very smart!! Cornett is the best around in my opinion!! That last part of riccoars statement is what's disgusting to me!

riccoar

Quote from: SackAttack on February 16, 2018, 10:43:16 am
Let me clear the up by saying I was not referring to Cornett and his decision and average fan like riccoar that questions his decision making isn't very smart!! Cornett is the best around in my opinion!! That last part of riccoars statement is what's disgusting to me!
Sorry.  Play the game, up and down.  Don't like the tactic and I'll label any coach that does it as such.

Concord will be OK come Regionals.  24 simply couldn't hit anything that night and Timbo gave them every chance to win that game.

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on February 16, 2018, 10:48:11 am
Sorry.  Play the game, up and down.  Don't like the tactic and I'll label any coach that does it as such.

Concord will be OK come Regionals.  24 simply couldn't hit anything that night and Timbo gave them every chance to win that game.
Ok that tells me all I need to know about your depth of knowledge and understanding the various intricacies of game strategy! Actually it speaks volumes!!

riccoar

That's not strategy.  That's playing scared and it cost him.

Flobbito

I think this strategy works when you have a shot clock, I have seen it fail time and again in HS basketball, eventually a bad pass is made, or tipped, or 3 second violation, or something happens that causes a turn over.  I see coaches start stalling with 2 and 3 minutes left on the clock.  When you're hot, keep it going!

riccoar

JustaFan

Did Westside girls move up any freshman for the District tournament?

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on February 16, 2018, 12:49:25 pm
Sorry if my opinion made you melt.  You Concord folks are sensitive.
And you Westside folks well I'll just say your comments speak for themselves! And y'all last beat Concord when?? What are you about 0-20 or so last 4-5 years!

teamworkwins

Quote from: JustaFan on February 16, 2018, 01:16:00 pm
Did Westside girls move up any freshman for the District tournament?
The Gentry girl, and she played very well.

Ctucker

Quote from: riccoar on February 15, 2018, 10:43:30 pm
Cornett tried the stall with a 1 point lead and lost. Timbo was forced to foul to get them to 1-1 and Concord missed front end and Timbo never looked back. Loved seeing him lose by being a puss.
I take it that you must have tried to guard Cornett in high school it's ok their was a lot of people who could not guard him! But by reading you're post you do not know him and you are a idiot!

LHHC

Quote from: Ctucker on February 16, 2018, 09:01:54 pm
I take it that you must have tried to guard Cornett in high school it's ok their was a lot of people who could not guard him! But by reading you're post you do not know him and you are a idiot!

Is that you corncob?  Somebody is a lil especially upset?!  Can't somebody have their own opinion?

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Ctucker on February 16, 2018, 09:01:54 pm
+1000000000000000

Ctucker

Quote from: LHHC on February 16, 2018, 09:22:34 pm
Is that you corncob?  Somebody is a lil especially upset?!  Can't somebody have their own opinion?
No this is not Corncob just a friend of his! And yes a guy can have his on opionion even if it is stupid. My bad.

Bigpoppa

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 15, 2018, 09:37:34 pm
Maybe he's banking on MVE losing....and it seems Concord owns MVE in region games...

Good luck with an angry Guy team!

HorseFeathers

Curious....why did Cornett wear anTimbo tiger shirt last night?

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 17, 2018, 03:49:09 pm
Curious....why did Cornett wear anTimbo tiger shirt last night?
The two really good brothers on Timbos team's dad has cancer and it is not looking good

Fleaflicker

I'll be the first to admit I was NOT a fan of Cornett at all. After seeing him wear that shirt he has my respect. Class act

riccoar

BasketballNeverStops

Why yes Rico, our girls just repeated in the district tournament and are taking the top seed into regionals next week after edging out Rural 60-58. Guess that Cornett guy isn't so bad after all.

riccoar

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 17, 2018, 07:32:09 pm
Why yes Rico, our girls just repeated in the district tournament and are taking the top seed into regionals next week after edging out Rural 60-58. Guess that Cornett guy isn't so bad after all.
Nope, he's not when he's playing straight up ball.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 17, 2018, 04:29:22 pm
The two really good brothers on Timbos team's dad has cancer and it is not looking good

I was seeing if maybe there was a fundraiser/charity type thing connected

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: riccoar on February 17, 2018, 07:41:59 pm
Nope, he's not when he's playing straight up ball.
I also hate when coaches try and win

BannerChaser95

SportsFan5

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 17, 2018, 08:22:38 pm
I was seeing if maybe there was a fundraiser/charity type thing connected
Yes, the shirts are a fundraiser.

HorseFeathers

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas