• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest Football Head Coaching Job Open

Started by redandgray, January 22, 2018, 05:52:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redandgray

After a great career, Coach Chandler is retiring. He will be missed big time. Rivercrest is coming off a 3A state championship and talent returning. Job is now posted: http://www.rivercrestcolts.org/careers.php

birddawg1986

Don't be surprised if Hooks from Osceola doesn't take the job. A graduate of RC and a really good coach. But then again Osceola can contend every year in 3A and might be a little tougher for RC moving up to 4A

501Arkansas

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 25, 2018, 10:55:27 pm
Don't be surprised if Hooks from Osceola doesn't take the job. A graduate of RC and a really good coach. But then again Osceola can contend every year in 3A and might be a little tougher for RC moving up to 4A
I doubt if he leave Osceola

501Arkansas

incogneto

River rest is home to Hooks.  He would take that job. 

WTD

Quote from: incogneto on January 26, 2018, 08:58:07 pm
River rest is home to Hooks.  He would take that job.

For over a $10,000 pay cut? Can anyone explain why there is such a discrepancy in pay between the two schools? 

501Arkansas

Quote from: WTD on January 26, 2018, 09:28:52 pm
For over a $10,000 pay cut? Can anyone explain why there is such a discrepancy in pay between the two schools?
I have no idea. I just hope he doesn't leave, if he does I will understand that move. He really changed the culture in Osceola and the city is behind the kids,  coaching staff and football program. We'll see what will happen soon

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 26, 2018, 10:51:26 pm
I have no idea. I just hope he doesn't leave, if he does I will understand that move. He really changed the culture in Osceola and the city is behind the kids,  coaching staff and football program. We'll see what will happen soon
Hooks is staying at Osceola. Crest will be fine.

Colt

If you go outside of current assistants I'd love to see RJ or Justin Smith. Just don't think Rivercrest has enough titles to add to the job to make it even near their salaries. The fact that it is only a 190 day contract is ridiculous.

Coltfan2005

Too much money spent on asst superintendent and vehicle? Too many people in district office? O
Making up 50,000 dollar position for good old boy network? Or maybe just not wanting to flirt with financial distress? Rivercrest teacher position have always been low salaried.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: Colt on January 27, 2018, 07:14:27 am
If you go outside of current assistants I'd love to see RJ or Justin Smith. Just don't think Rivercrest has enough titles to add to the job to make it even near their salaries. The fact that it is only a 190 day contract is ridiculous.
Would be a pay cut for both for sure! That's why our district has been so fortunate, most of our coaches have grown up in the small towns and worked in district basically their career.
Osceola has the flow of money from factories and business to pay teachers, and to get a new facility every other year. Rivercrest is made up of several much small towns with small business. It's like trying to compare apples to oranges.

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on January 29, 2018, 08:27:57 am
Would be a pay cut for both for sure! That's why our district has been so fortunate, most of our coaches have grown up in the small towns and worked in district basically their career.Osceola has the flow of money from factories and business to pay teachers, and to get a new facility every other year. Rivercrest is made up of several much small towns with small business. It's like trying to compare apples to oranges.

There are some tricks to get around that payroll issue.  If they want to get more money into the position to get a quality guy they can find a way.   

Colt

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on January 29, 2018, 08:27:57 am
Would be a pay cut for both for sure! That's why our district has been so fortunate, most of our coaches have grown up in the small towns and worked in district basically their career.
We have been very fortunate to have had the string of quality coaches we have had that have stayed home, but its hard to keep them when you can be a 7th grade coach in your first year at Marion or West Memphis and make nearly as much as a varsity head coach of a 4A program

Maximus Decimus Meridius

If you love what you do, money isn't an issue...I'm a prime example of it! Coach Mote from Harding Academy was also an example, glad to see he is doing well at the next level too!

nomorewhining

One would still be doing what he loves to do....coaching....so why do it for less?

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on January 30, 2018, 08:41:47 am
If you love what you do, money isn't an issue...I'm a prime example of it! Coach Mote from Harding Academy was also an example, glad to see he is doing well at the next level too!

Really?  So being able to pay bills and take care of your family doesn't figure in?   How many coaches turn down big paychecks to move to another school?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on January 30, 2018, 11:11:58 am
Really?  So being able to pay bills and take care of your family doesn't figure in?   How many coaches turn down big paychecks to move to another school?
If one is worried about paying bills, teaching and coaching isn't the profession they should've chose! I don't have a problem paying my bills, yet I don't get paid for coaching!! You don't get paid much for coaching as it is anyways, you get paid to be an instructor, coaching is supplemental. So I say again, if you're doing what you love, and in 90% of teaching and coaching is what it is consisted of someone would make a sacrifice. I grew up with a father that spent 40+ years teaching and coaching, don't talk to me about sacrifices. I know what the cost and toll it has on a family. I know the many hours that is spent in a film room, or drawing up practice plans or back then when films must be traded hand to hand. We don't have much to offer in this area, that's why we're so good at what we do. They want it more than others and deserve someone that will stand by them as other coaches for many years, not just a stepping stone to somewhere else.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on January 29, 2018, 06:20:43 pm
There are some tricks to get around that payroll issue.  If they want to get more money into the position to get a quality guy they can find a way.   
We will get a quality guy either way, you don't have to worry about us as much!

OB11

Quote from: nomorewhining on January 30, 2018, 10:26:49 am
One would still be doing what he loves to do....coaching....so why do it for less?

Sometimes where you do something is more important than how much you make doing it.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: OB11 on January 30, 2018, 12:17:10 pm
Sometimes where you do something is more important than how much you make doing it.
100%

footballfan-tastic

I see your point, I just don't necessarily agree.  I think most people know coaches spend lots of time, more than they get paid for but I think coaches should stop being satisfied with the really bad pay and really long hours and time away from family.  Seems they should push for more money, more reward for the work.  I think they deserve it.

OB11

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on January 31, 2018, 09:56:14 am
I see your point, I just don't necessarily agree.  I think most people know coaches spend lots of time, more than they get paid for but I think coaches should stop being satisfied with the really bad pay and really long hours and time away from family.  Seems they should push for more money, more reward for the work.  I think they deserve it.

Someone may need to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think extended contract days was brought before the board by some of the coaches at Rivercrest. Not sure if anything happened with it though.

footballfan-tastic

I'm not sure about that, but it is a way to add much deserved compensation to the coaches salaries.  BTW, not just the HC spends the time and hours working.  Would be nice to see assistants salaries rise as well.

ISU7

Again Colts will be fine
Go Colts🐴💪🏈💯

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Was going to upload a photo of the progress on the new field but can't get the photo icon to work. Did the url and photobucket so any thoughts?

OB11

Quote from: Maximus Decimus Meridius on February 06, 2018, 11:15:52 am
Was going to upload a photo of the progress on the new field but can't get the photo icon to work. Did the url and photobucket so any thoughts?

I may be wrong, but I think Photobucket stopped supporting third party hosting or something like that. I know I used to put Tweets up on here. You may still be able to use the URL of a Tweet but I'm not sure. Haven't tried in a while.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Coltfan2005

Rivercrest has a long history of underpaying teachers and coaches. Administration does fine.

Sporty

Rick Swines

A coach told me they are doing interviews this week.

Any Given Friday

Should be interesting to see what route they go, and how many good applicants there are considering pay gap.

Mancho Hogo

I heard 2 of the coaches interviewing.  They are good coaches.  Not top name guys but do a good job. 

Arkansas Football 18

Anyone know who the finalist are or whos interviewing?

Jimbo Morphis

They want me but they're trying to get it six figures.

OB11

Quote from: Oldman on February 21, 2018, 09:04:14 pm
They want me but they're trying to get it six figures.

It will be 6 figures. If you count the 45 cents tacked on to it. 

Mancho Hogo

Was told it will be between Wynne's DC (Ernest) and Marion's DC (Smith)

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: Mancho Hogo on March 01, 2018, 08:35:38 am
Was told it will be between Wynne's DC (Ernest) and Marion's DC (Smith)

Well, I guess YOU would know.

ISU7

biglion1985

ISU7 wasn't Fleming the basketball coach after Rick Wilson retired?

501Arkansas

Is it true that rivercrest running back JD Winda and Kam Turner are now seminoles?

501Arkansas

Never mind it is true. Welcome to Seminole land Jd and kam

OB11

Quote from: biglion1985 on May 05, 2018, 01:04:51 pm
ISU7 wasn't Fleming the basketball coach after Rick Wilson retired?

He was. And was also the head baseball coach for several years.

ISU7

501Arkansas

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on May 07, 2018, 11:48:08 pm
Never mind it is true. Welcome to Seminole land Jd and kam

Won't matter #9NARow.

501Arkansas

ISU7

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas