• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG Super Six

Started by BasketballNeverStops, January 22, 2018, 03:59:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

January 22, 2018, 03:59:58 pm Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:48:57 pm by BasketballNeverStops
January 21
Sr. Girls
1. Norfork (28-1)
2. Wonderview (25-3)
3. Bay (20-4)
4. Mt. Vernon-Enola (26-4)
5. Concord (19-5)
6. Mammoth Spring (21-6)

Sr. Boys
1. Omaha (27-1)
2. County Line (26-2)
3. Guy (23-6)
4. Kirby (22-3)
5. Izard County (23-2)
6. Concord (21-3)

JimmyChitwood

Now who is the best NBA team?

BigLion10

JimmyChitwood

On a serious note, I think these are probably the best 6 teams. Boys and girls. Now they will have to prove themselves in their respective districts coming up. I'm also saddened by the fact that Norfork and Wonderview will likely meet in the semis again. I believe they are the two top teams and would like to see them on opposite sides of the bracket.

Bomberman

These are both pretty solid lists, Jasper girls are the only ones I can see that might deserve to be in there that didn't make it.

thebigman3

And didn't Norfork blow out the 3rd ranked team in 2a by like 40?

jeremiahjohnson

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 22, 2018, 03:59:58 pm
January 21
Sr. Girls
1. Norfork (28-1)
2. Wonderview (25-3)
3. Bay (20-4)
4. Mt. Vernon-Enola (26-4)
5. Concord (19-5)
6. Mineral Springs (21-6)

Sr. Boys
1. Omaha (27-1)
2. County Line (26-2)
3. Guy (23-6)
4. Kirby (22-3)
5. Izard County (23-2)
6. Concord (21-3)
Is Mineral Springs Mammoth Spring?

Catfish

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 22, 2018, 04:17:13 pm
On a serious note, I think these are probably the best 6 teams. Boys and girls. Now they will have to prove themselves in their respective districts coming up. I'm also saddened by the fact that Norfork and Wonderview will likely meet in the semis again. I believe they are the two top teams and would like to see them on opposite sides of the bracket.

We thought that last year.. until Bay showed up and showed out in the finals 😅 but I do agree! This list looks pretty spot on.

The Marsupial

January 22, 2018, 08:40:38 pm #8 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:48:51 pm by The Marsupial
If Concord girls are in the Top 6.... it tells me a lot about the other teams in the state.
Funny story. I was artificially poking an opossum earlier and thought the thing died on me. Turned out he was just playing opossum. Slapped her across the face and she woke right up and I turned her loose. Smacked her on the butt as she walked out the door.

SackAttack

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 22, 2018, 04:17:13 pm
Doesnt matter because the 1A state tournament doesn't even get good till the semis anyway! Gotta weed out about 12-14 that don't belong in the first place

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: The Marsupial on January 22, 2018, 08:40:38 pm
If Concord girls are in the Top 6.... it tells me a lot about the other teams in the state.
Funny story. I was artificially poking an opossum earlier and thought the thing died on me. Turned out he was just playing opossum. Slapped her across the face and she woke right up and I turned her loose. Smacked her on the butt as she walked out the door.
Concord girls have worked hard to get to where they are at. They returned two starters from last season's team and added three solid sophomores who are only getting better with each game.

JimmyChitwood

With Cornett coaching, you are going to win and improve. Concord girls are not an easy win for anybody.

The Marsupial

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 22, 2018, 09:52:51 pm
Concord girls have worked hard to get to where they are at. They returned two starters from last season's team and added three solid sophomores who are only getting better with each game.
Thank you basketball head. Touching and emotional story you just gave. I have Marsupial tears running down my face and into my pouch

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: JimmyChitwood on January 22, 2018, 09:57:14 pm
With Cornett coaching, you are going to win and improve. Concord girls are not an easy win for anybody.
Agreed

BannerChaser95

Quote from: jeremiahjohnson on January 22, 2018, 06:55:17 pm
Is Mineral Springs Mammoth Spring?
yes. Mammoth springs. Mineral springs basketball is taking a break this year.

Catfish

Quote from: The Marsupial on January 22, 2018, 10:24:08 pm
Thank you basketball head. Touching and emotional story you just gave. I have Marsupial tears running down my face and into my pouch

Hahahaha im dying 💀😂

gilesman2333

Watched Mt. Vernon girls play Acorn Saturday. The raby girl from Mt. Vernon had 28 points. On most days shes one of the best around. Thoughts?

BW2015

Quote from: gilesman2333 on January 23, 2018, 01:49:08 pm
Watched Mt. Vernon girls play Acorn Saturday. The raby girl from Mt. Vernon had 28 points. On most days shes one of the best around. Thoughts?

She's definitely the best player on the team.  The problem is that she gets no bench time.  By the time the last couple of minutes come around she is drained.  Just a short break in the 3rd quarter would help her finish strong. 

elgaeyddad

She is the best player of the surfterfield is off the floor. If not, she looks much much worser.

thebigman3

Quote from: BW2015 on January 23, 2018, 04:21:22 pm
She's definitely the best player on the team.  The problem is that she gets no bench time.  By the time the last couple of minutes come around she is drained.  Just a short break in the 3rd quarter would help her finish strong.
Who else would handle the ball though? She's the only true ball handler they got.

gilesman2333

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 23, 2018, 10:31:09 pm
Who else would handle the ball though? She's the only true ball handler they got.
i agree, a break would help but without her on the floor they do not have a ball handler, nor do they have someone who can get to the rim

The Marsupial

Quote from: elgaeyddad on January 23, 2018, 06:09:40 pm
She is the best player of the surfterfield is off the floor. If not, she looks much much worser.
who is Surfterfield? I think you mean Sutterfield. LOL

elgaeyddad

Been around these ole heels lot longer than you marsuperial boy. It's surfterfield.

BasketballNeverStops

January 28, 2018, 01:23:46 pm #23 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:28:13 pm by BasketballNeverStops
January 28
Sr. Girls
1. Norfork (31-1)
2. Wonderview (27-3)
3. Bay (22-4)
4. Mt. Vernon-Enola (27-4)
5. Concord (20-5)
6. Mammoth Spring (23-6)

Sr. Boys
1. Omaha (29-1)
2. County Line (27-2)
3. Kirby (25-3)
4. Izard County (25-2)
5. Concord (22-3)
6. Mt. Vernon-Enola (22-6)

gilesman2333

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on January 28, 2018, 01:23:46 pm
January 28
Sr. Girls
1. Norfork (31-1)
2. Wonderview (27-3)
3. Bay (22-4)
4. Mt. Vernon-Enola (22-4)
5. Concord (20-5)
6. Mammoth Spring (23-6)

Sr. Boys
1. Omaha (29-1)
2. County Line (27-2)
3. Kirby (25-3)
4. Izard County (25-2)
5. Concord (22-3)
6. Mt. Vernon-Enola (22-6)

Mt. Vernon's girls are 27-4 overall, not 22-4

birddawg1986

Looks like the Norfork girls are beating folks down. Might be the best team if they were in 2A

thebigman3

Quote from: rebelfan on January 30, 2018, 01:39:32 pm
I think Norfork did beat Salem around 40 points. Mineral Springs is not Mammoth Springs. Mammoth Springs is located on the Missouri state line South of Thayer, MO.
I would say without a doubt they would be the best in 2a. Salem is considered top 3 in 2a and I'm pretty sure the score was 67-24. Shows you how weak 2a girls are and I will continue to say that. Mammoth Spring also beat Salem earlier in the year but Salem beat them the second time around.

FromTheBench

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 30, 2018, 01:48:44 pm
I would say without a doubt they would be the best in 2a. Salem is considered top 3 in 2a and I'm pretty sure the score was 67-24. Shows you how weak 2a girls are and I will continue to say that. Mammoth Spring also beat Salem earlier in the year but Salem beat them the second time around.

Last year outside of Quitman and Earle, NO ONE was winning the State Championship. Quitman blew Hector out every time they played them, including the ship and Earle would have dismantled them too. Last year's real state championship was played at Quitman between Quitman and Earle it was AWESOME!...With that said, I still think that is the story of 2A, it's Quitman or Earle. Both teams would compete with anyone, even Norfork. I agree that outside of those two teams that 2A girls is weak.

no mascot

Dogg

Earle girls beat Bay and had Bay down by 25 in the 3rd

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Dogg on January 31, 2018, 04:20:01 am
Earle girls beat Bay and had Bay down by 25 in the 3rd
Wonderview beat Quitman twice last year and twice this year.

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 31, 2018, 06:12:53 am
Wonderview beat Quitman twice last year and twice this year.
And in the grand scheme of post season play this means nothing!

Motownsportsfan

Agreed. Norfork is the team to beat in girls. Only team that can beat them is Wonderview. Wonderview every year rolls thru  state but then falters in Hot Springs. Not sure it changes this year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 31, 2018, 10:41:38 am
Agreed. Norfork is the team to beat in girls. Only team that can beat them is Wonderview. Wonderview every year rolls thru  state but then falters in Hot Springs. Not sure it changes this year

Or in the semifinals

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 31, 2018, 10:41:38 am
And what's crazy is that they get in those big tournaments every year with the 4-6A schools like Russellville to soup themselves up for the postseason and they still fall short.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 31, 2018, 11:23:45 am
Or in the semifinals
over the last 6 years WV is 4 and 2 in the semis.  That's pretty good. They just can't seem to find a way in the finals. Should be a good exciting state tournament this year.

SackAttack

Was anybody at the MTV and WV boys game last night? Thought WV might have a real shot at home!! How did the game unfold?

J.D.

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 31, 2018, 12:20:27 pm
over the last 6 years WV is 4 and 2 in the semis.  That's pretty good. They just can't seem to find a way in the finals. Should be a good exciting state tournament this year.

Playing Nemo twice then going 0-17 from 3 against Bay is not ideal for a whole lot of success. 

J.D.

Quote from: SackAttack on January 31, 2018, 12:33:00 pm
Was anybody at the MTV and WV boys game last night? Thought WV might have a real shot at home!! How did the game unfold?

@ HF, give this man some insight.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on January 31, 2018, 12:34:55 pm
Playing Nemo twice then going 0-17 from 3 against Bay is not ideal for a whole lot of success.
Death, taxes, WV girls making semis.

J.D. still watch that video of yours getting shared around this time of the year from all my Kirby friends lol

Motownsportsfan

playing Nemo in finals you mean JD. Of those 3 state championships WV won district twice. Was a great rivalry. You proved my point tho. WV has to play loose in finals. Not so uptight

SackAttack

Quote from: J.D. on January 31, 2018, 12:35:57 pm
I need somebody that actually understands what they are watching!!!!!

Motownsportsfan

MVE made shots. Little guard #3 hit at least 5 threes. Harris for WV got in foul trouble early. WV tried to press but it didn't seem to slow MVE. MVE was in bonus early and knocked down free throws. WV seem to play from behind most of the night.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on January 31, 2018, 12:35:57 pm

Quote from: SackAttack on January 31, 2018, 03:38:40 pm
I need somebody that actually understands what they are watching!!!!!

::)

J.D.

January 31, 2018, 04:39:15 pm #44 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:46:17 pm by J.D.

J.D.

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 31, 2018, 02:05:25 pm
Death, taxes, WV girls making semis.

J.D. still watch that video of yours getting shared around this time of the year from all my Kirby friends lol

It was a fun game and a fantastic ending.  Will remember that one for sure.

J.D.

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 31, 2018, 03:07:31 pm
playing Nemo in finals you mean JD. Of those 3 state championships WV won district twice. Was a great rivalry. You proved my point tho. WV has to play loose in finals. Not so uptight

My fault for not clarifying.  More or less, what I was getting at.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on January 31, 2018, 04:17:09 pm
MVE made shots. Little guard #3 hit at least 5 threes. Harris for WV got in foul trouble early. WV tried to press but it didn't seem to slow MVE. MVE was in bonus early and knocked down free throws. WV seem to play from behind most of the night.

Playing from behind all night tends to happen to a team when they're behind for 30+ minutes.

Mve jumped out 7-2...led 23-10 after a quarter, and WV never managed to get closer than 6-8 the rest of the game....

#3 Moix for MVE was 4-6 from 3.

WV would score a couple baskets back to back...then Mve would score and kept the lead around 10 all night. And Fwiw, if these two teams are competing and beating Guy, then region 3 isn't as good as it's been in years past.

mv_fan

Guess it's a good thing Nemo isn't even a contender this year..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mv_fan on January 31, 2018, 07:42:03 pm
Guess it's a good thing Nemo isn't even a contender this year..

You missed the entire point of that post 😲

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas