• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MIDSEASON RECAP. TOP TEAMS AND PLAYERS

Started by Bbal789, January 01, 2018, 02:30:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LAfootball fan

Quote from: BirdCall on January 25, 2018, 09:09:11 pm
What does that matter? I am just stating facts that if NLR was full power that 7 point loss would have been 20+ loss. Then would you be saying we only loss to NLR by 35 all the other teams in the 4A aren't playing teams like we are lol

You are not stating facts, you are stating opinion.  The fact they are football players could also mean that NLR could have struggled more with them there until they settled in to playing basketball again.  They might have won by more with them, they might have won by the same amount, and they might have lost if those two struggled more than the players that actually played.   It is pretty rare for football players to come right in and play at a high level when they haven't been practicing or playing leading up to the game.

BirdCall

Quote from: LAfootball fan on January 25, 2018, 11:21:08 pm
You are not stating facts, you are stating opinion.  The fact they are football players could also mean that NLR could have struggled more with them there until they settled in to playing basketball again.  They might have won by more with them, they might have won by the same amount, and they might have lost if those two struggled more than the players that actually played.   It is pretty rare for football players to come right in and play at a high level when they haven't been practicing or playing leading up to the game.
is any of them football players you talking bout going to college to play basketball or at least average double figures. Or maybe one of them the best defender on the team.....idk but please tell me

Bbal789

Stuttgart moves to 18-1 with a win over Dumas today. Baptist and Westside both dropped games this week proving 4a is up for any team this year.

Bbal789

Jonesboro Westside bounces back and beats Riverside 69-36. Avery Felts had 27 points.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Bbal789 on January 26, 2018, 10:26:50 pm
Jonesboro Westside bounces back and beats Riverside 69-36. Avery Felts had 27 points.
Hottest team in 4A again!

Bbal789

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 27, 2018, 11:14:01 am
Hottest team in 4A again!

Don't have to be sarcastic just giving out information.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: rebelfan on January 30, 2018, 12:52:17 am
It is not Batesville Southside any more. Southside incorporated probably because they were tired of being called Batesville Southside.

The school still has a Batesville address.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: rebelfan on January 30, 2018, 12:07:48 pm
I don't know anything about Southside's address, but they don't use that anymore. Actually they never used it. It was all the media that did.

I usually just call it Southside on here, but most folks have no idea where the school is unless you say Batesville Southside.

CTEPirateFan

For media purposes the town name is usually added to directional schools to let people know where they are. Even the Harmony Grove's and Lakeside's in the state have their town address in parentheses to differentiate them.

Gray lizard

January 30, 2018, 03:47:20 pm #109 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:50:38 pm by Gray lizard
It is hard enough sometimes just remembering where the towns are much less all these consolidated schools.  Like where is Two Rivers? Heck I am not even sure which two rivers they are named after so how the heck would someone know.

Just like the Game and Fish renaming all the Wild Life Management areas after a person.  Who the heck knows where Bubba Bobby WMA is.

AT

Quote from: rebelfan on January 30, 2018, 01:33:52 pm
I agree. There are more than one Southside in the state. I know there is Fort Smith Southside. The same goes for Westside. Last year it showed Westside playing but no one knew which  team it was. Greers Ferry Westside and the one at Bono, who was called Jonesboro Westside, but now just Westside. They all need to have another name so  people will know where they are located. I think Westside is at Bono so they could add that to their name. I can't think of anything for Southside since they don't want to be called Batesville. I guess they could be called Independence County Southside. None of this will ever happen. They will just continue making people wonder which team they are talking about.

Not to mention JC-Westside.

A lot of schools have names that are used by most everyone except the people that live there.

Texarkana is known as Arkansas High by most people in that area, but we use it because Arkansas by itself is obviously confusing (especially considering their mascot is the Razorback) and it just has been used more over the years.

Batesville Southside is going to be called that by most people to distinguish between any other Southside High School, especially when a more well known one lies in Fort Smith.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas