• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohannon to announce the 19th @ 2p.m

Started by bigbrew25, December 15, 2017, 06:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Champ74

911 is the number that the Hogs call weekly in the SEC, that's probably why all those Warren guys baled to Tennessee where they are calling the same number. But the Air MMA Chump still haven't said how he feels about those guys...

beach bum

Sounds like he made the right choice when you see Baylor had a solid ranking in the recruiting classes and the Hogs were dreadful....

couch-coach06

Quote from: beach bum on February 08, 2018, 06:49:50 pm
Sounds like he made the right choice when you see Baylor had a solid ranking in the recruiting classes and the Hogs were dreadful....

Maybe because we only signed 17 recruits ??? Maybe because the early signing period was 2 weeks after our coaching change ?

beach bum

February 10, 2018, 04:57:58 pm #204 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:44:29 pm by beach bum
Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 10, 2018, 03:45:29 pm
Maybe because we only signed 17 recruits ??? Maybe because the early signing period was 2 weeks after our coaching change ?

Guess the new coach didn't want to "put the hammer down and get in the left lane" on recruiting like he said he would with everything. That's his go to cliché phrase you know? Sad day when Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou out recruit us.... Tennessee, Texas A&M, Miss State, and Florida all had coaching changes and it didn't seem to cause havoc for them and drop them to 14th behind Vandy, UK, and Mizzou like we did. So it sounds like the coaching change is just a cop out for a terrible class.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 10, 2018, 04:57:58 pm
Guess the new coach didn't want to "put the hammer down and get in the left lane" on recruiting like he said he would with everything. That's his go to cliché phrase you know? Sad day when Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou out recruit us.... Tennessee, Texas A&M, Miss State, and Florida all had coaching changes and it didn't seem to cause havoc for them and drop them to 14th behind Vandy, UK, and Mizzou like we did. So it sounds like the coaching change is just a cop out for a terrible class.

How many of those signed full classes?

couch-coach06

If we could have signed 25 we would have been ahead of those teams. . but u know that .. it just doesn't fit your agenda .. have a good night

HorseFeathers

RZback

So did we sign 17 on only 10 available scholarships?  If that is true we have to get some to leave.  All 17 or 10 had better be players. 

couch-coach06

Idk know exactly how many we had available.. two or 3 guys Jake heinrich , Zack Rodgers have already left football .. opening up 2 spots .. there will be some leave after spring ball.. always are

RZback

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 11, 2018, 05:06:58 pm
Idk know exactly how many we had available.. two or 3 guys Jake heinrich , Zack Rodgers have already left football .. opening up 2 spots .. there will be some leave after spring ball.. always are

So we are gambling on some guys leaving before we have to jerk scholarships to accommodate the new signees?  I believe you can take scholarships away, so if we are planning to do that why don't we tell them now and be done with it?

couch-coach06

You can not take scholarships away .. kids will see the writeing on the wall in the spring.. it's not a gambling it's just facts ... It happens at every university in America and especially after coaching changes .. will be fine

mr.gametime

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 13, 2018, 08:26:43 am
You can not take scholarships away .. kids will see the writeing on the wall in the spring.. it's not a gambling it's just facts ... It happens at every university in America and especially after coaching changes .. will be fine

The 4 year scholarship thing is a myth.. Scholarships are renewed every year....so really players are on a year to year scholarship....if you are a upper classmen who isn't getting any playing time they encourage you to find another school to play at and the coaches will help you find one....that way they are not put in a position to pull a scholarship from a kid.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mr.gametime on February 13, 2018, 08:50:53 am
The 4 year scholarship thing is a myth.. Scholarships are renewed every year....so really players are on a year to year scholarship....if you are a upper classmen who isn't getting any playing time they encourage you to find another school to play at and the coaches will help you find one....that way they are not put in a position to pull a scholarship from a kid.

Truth.

couch-coach06

Quote from: mr.gametime on February 13, 2018, 08:50:53 am

Correct but if push comes too shove and the kid didn't agree too leave they can't just pull it because he isn't a good football player .. it would have too be for something else

RZback

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 13, 2018, 01:43:29 pm
Correct but if push comes too shove and the kid didn't agree too leave they can't just pull it because he isn't a good football player .. it would have too be for something else

I believe you can not renew a scholarship for non performance or any other reason.  You just have to notify the athlete by a set deadline.  No such thing as a guaranteed 4 year deal.  Happens all the time.

couch-coach06

I don't think so .. but I've been wrong before

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 13, 2018, 02:57:33 pm

I'm pretty sure it's renewable every year. Nothing is a 4 year guarantee.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 13, 2018, 02:57:33 pm
And you are again. Good for 1 year.

Pit Bull

Headed down to Waco to see Bohanon Lead the Second Team Squad as QB in the Baylor Bear Spring Football Game, Go Gerry! Godspeed 2A...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on April 19, 2018, 11:40:49 am
Headed down to Waco to see Bohanon Lead the Second Team Squad as QB in the Baylor Bear Spring Football Game, Go Gerry! Godspeed 2A...
Who?

Hoghead2

Arkansas seriously didn't want this kid. He's at Baylor and I wish him the best.

old.dole

I thought Arkansas did want him after Morris took over?

Hoghead2

Quote from: old.dole on April 19, 2018, 06:16:43 pm
I thought Arkansas did want him after Morris took over?
Big Brett wasn't too interested. He had Norman out of Greenwood. They actually wanted him as a LB. But Bohannon was never going to take a snap as a QB at Arkansas.  Wise move on his part on going to Baylor.

BigLion10

Pit Bull

April 19, 2018, 08:11:37 pm #225 Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:51:56 pm by Pit Bull
He's had a great spring, learning the playbook, staying humble, placing the Most High First! Kids from 2A can do big things too...

Pit Bull

Pit Bull

Quote from: AirWarren on December 21, 2017, 10:50:58 am
See ya, hate you didn't stay in state and best of luck.

Now please, get your crap and get on to texas. Don't come back.

He came back to Arkansas for graduation with 2.8 Million in Scholarship, Excellent Example and Role Model for future 2A Kids. Reach for those dreams and never ever be pressured or afraid to make a decision on your own..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 13, 2018, 02:00:36 pm
He came back to Arkansas for graduation with 2.8 Million in Scholarship, Excellent Example and Role Model for future 2A Kids. Reach for those dreams and never ever be pressured or afraid to make a decision on your own..
What? Who?

NEark tigers

Cheek

Quote from: Pit Bull on May 13, 2018, 02:00:36 pm

You mean 250 to 300 thousand.    Where did you pull 2.8 million from.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on May 13, 2018, 10:34:20 pm
You mean 250 to 300 thousand.    Where did you pull 2.8 million from.

2.8 million?  I think we just figured out why he chose Baylor, that would leave a little left over.

Jimbo Morphis

Pit Bull

Pit Bull

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas