• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Football

Started by Dragon I, December 01, 2017, 11:31:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

I'm really going to miss 3A Football.  There isn't a lot of difference between the top 10 or so 3A teams most seasons.  It makes for exciting games most Fridays and the playoffs are way more exciting.  In 2A, 90% of the time, you only have 3 or 4 legitimate teams and then it goes down hill fast.  It's gotten to where teams can't even fill their  schedules, and even if they do, some teams might drop midway through the year.  Have fun next season!  I actually wish we were staying up for football.

amehr36

dragondad

Same here,  I like the level of play much more in 3A.

flow51

Carpenter files injunction to go to 3A because he couldn't get a 10 game schedule and then new coach files injunction to go back to 2A... Count all your numbers even as a charter school and you would stay in 3A.  Y'all are on cloud 9 now that your in the championship game but last year all we heard was how you were having to playing in a higher conference... Give me a darn break or make your mind up!

Dragon I

Look!  Another reject without a clue!

thabeast428

flow51

December 02, 2017, 12:15:11 pm #6 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:17:59 pm by flow51
Not a sore loser... Y'all played a good 1st 3rd and 4th quarter last night. Y'alls speed really impressed me. It just gets old hearing the same thing... We are playing in a higher conference and shouldn't be...we are the smallest 3A school... I want to go back to 2A... I wish we could stay in 3A... Heck y'all have a meeting or something and gets all your opinions out there and decide something. Talked with several JC folks last night that proved to me that I do have a clue

flow51

Great game last night and good luck in the finals.

amehr36

Dont winners get to talk about whatever they darn well please? Im sure you wouldnt understand that concept...

dragondad

Quote from: flow51 on December 02, 2017, 11:46:05 am
Carpenter files injunction to go to 3A because he couldn't get a 10 game schedule and then new coach files injunction to go back to 2A... Count all your numbers even as a charter school and you would stay in 3A.  Y'all are on cloud 9 now that your in the championship game but last year all we heard was how you were having to playing in a higher conference... Give me a darn break or make your mind up!

You lie, Carpenter never filed an injunction to go to 3A

You lie,  Jones never filed an injunction to return to 2A

You Lie, all of our numbers are counted and have been for years

We did complain because we were forced into a conference we shouldn't have been forced into due to an error that has since been admitted to by ADE and WAS.

We are on cloud 9, because people like you talk smack about JC yet here they are, a 2A school playing for a 3A championship in only their 2nd year in this conference.  People said JC was full of crap and couldn't compete, but for two years they've shown they can.  I enjoy the level of competition in 3A football, but football isn't the only sport they play and the other teams/kids deserve to be in a conference where there's equal numbers and funding.

Keep crying, it only make you look more and more stupid.

flow51

;D you mad bro? Got you riled up just like the guys from Osceola did last night mouthing at your boy...

dragondad

December 02, 2017, 12:58:01 pm #11 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:01:34 pm by dragondad
Quote from: flow51 on December 02, 2017, 12:50:41 pm
  ;D you mad bro? Got you riled up just like the guys from Osceola did last night mouthing at your boy...

Mad?  LOL!  It'll take more than a simpleton like you to rile me..."bro"    Didn't know the guys from O were mouthing at my boy last night..... that's funny in, and of, itself.   Hang in there No_flow.....there's always next year.

Sick Dog

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 12:46:43 pm
You lie, Carpenter never filed an injunction to go to 3A

You lie,  Jones never filed an injunction to return to 2A

You Lie, all of our numbers are counted and have been for years

We did complain because we were forced into a conference we shouldn't have been forced into due to an error that has since been admitted to by ADE and WAS.

Yes y'all did file to go 2A after finding out JC was 3A. That was in the paper couple months ago

We are on cloud 9, because people like you talk smack about JC yet here they are, a 2A school playing for a 3A championship in only their 2nd year in this conference.  People said JC was full of crap and couldn't compete, but for two years they've shown they can.  I enjoy the level of competition in 3A football, but football isn't the only sport they play and the other teams/kids deserve to be in a conference where there's equal numbers and funding.

Keep crying, it only make you look more and more stupid.

thabeast428

These idiots act like they know everything lol poor guys got nothing better to do than show how jealous they are that a 2a team is playing to win the 3a championship. Nthn but a bunch of crybabies constantly talking about something they know nthn about

Proud Buckaroo

Technically... JC is a 3A school. I mean, that's what the AAA says. Not 2A until next season. ;)

Dragon I

I'm pretty sure the AAA acknowledged that JC's numbers are 2A.  They said we could petition to move, but the administration decided not to.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2017, 03:13:57 pm
Technically... JC is a 3A school. I mean, that's what the AAA says. Not 2A until next season. ;)

And next year rivercrest is 4a....

Be weird to think that the defending champs and runner ups won't even be in the class

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dragon I on December 02, 2017, 04:00:11 pm
I'm pretty sure the AAA acknowledged that JC's numbers are 2A.  They said we could petition to move, but the administration decided not to.

Don't take me so serious. I know it's hard after dealing with so many goofy posters. Lol.

dragondad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2017, 03:13:57 pm

No, officialy JC is in 3A....techically they are a 2A school as proven to, and acknowledged by, AAA.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 02, 2017, 01:28:25 pm
These idiots act like they know everything lol poor guys got nothing better to do than show how jealous they are that a 2a team is playing to win the 3a championship. Nthn but a bunch of crybabies constantly talking about something they know nthn about

I'm pretty sure that Harding Academy's actual numbers place them as a 2A school also, but that never seems to come up when they play in Little Rock. Seems this keeps being brought up by JC posters. It doesn't come down to the kids in the hallways, it's the kids putting on the pads. JC is carrying a roster of 53. Rivercrest (after all the injuries) is carrying one of 35.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 05:45:12 pm
I'm pretty sure that Harding Academy's actual numbers place them as a 2A school also, but that never seems to come up when they play in Little Rock. Seems this keeps being brought up by JC posters. It doesn't come down to the kids in the hallways, it's the kids putting on the pads. JC is carrying a roster of 53. Rivercrest (after all the injuries) is carrying one of 35.

And yet no one talks trash about HA like they do JC.  No one says HA can't compete, yet they do about JC even when they've proven they can.  It just gets old reading lies by people that have no clue and they're only motive is just to cast hate and doubt because their team dissapointed them.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 06:03:51 pm
And yet no one talks trash about HA like they do JC.  No one says HA can't compete, yet they do about JC even when they've proven they can.  It just gets old reading lies by people that have no clue and they're only motive is just to cast hate and doubt because their team dissapointed them.
Yet several posters claiming JC status are just as bad. People do get tired of hearing how their team will get beat by 50, that this will be the easiest game of the season, and other delightful garbage being spewed. It's not one sided.

THA TRUTH

Haven't seen any of those post from any JC poster all year

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 06:13:27 pm
Yet several posters claiming JC status are just as bad. People do get tired of hearing how their team will get beat by 50, that this will be the easiest game of the season, and other delightful garbage being spewed. It's not one sided.

Come on, everyone talks trash in point spreads.  It's implying, or stating, a team is only as good as they are because they cheat that's so agrivating.   You and I talk smack about that close game last season, but at the end of the day I think we both respect the other teams ability to compete.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 02, 2017, 06:18:33 pm
Haven't seen any of those post from any JC poster all year

JC's version of 501.

dragondad

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 07:05:50 pm
JC's version of 501.

Not really,  TT doesn't run and hide when stuff doesn't roll his way.

Proud Buckaroo

That 53 man roster is not true. 36 senior high players. The rest are the freshmen team.

Coltfan2005

and Rivercrest has a roster of 27 without freshmen. If they aren't part of the JC team, why are they on the roster?

bleudog

December 02, 2017, 09:45:32 pm #28 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:57:09 pm by bleudog
Quote from: flow51 on December 02, 2017, 11:46:05 am

Were you one of the people two rows in front of DD at the WMS Guns and Roses concert?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 09:35:23 pm
and Rivercrest has a roster of 27 without freshmen. If they aren't part of the JC team, why are they on the roster?

Just what JC does every year during playoffs. Move them up and add them to the roster.

2014. JC has 57 kids on the sideline during a playoff game. In 2A.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bleudog on December 02, 2017, 09:45:32 pm
Were you one of the people two rows in front of DD at the WMS Guns and Roses concert?

Dude. Totally harsh.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 02, 2017, 09:48:23 pm
Just what JC does every year during playoffs. Move them up and add them to the roster.

2014. JC has 57 kids on the sideline during a playoff game. In 2A.

You are saying none of those freshmen play?

Dragon I

dragondad

2/3 of our sophomores, and probably 1/2 of our Jrs rarely touch the field.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 09:35:23 pm

Colt those are the new Louisiana kids trying out for next years team.  8)

thabeast428

Yea and y'all are the reason smackover,PC and strong lose decent players bc they're allowed to go to eldo even tho they don't live in eldo.

dragondad

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 03, 2017, 08:17:52 am
Yea and y'all are the reason smackover,PC and strong lose decent players bc they're allowed to go to eldo even tho they don't live in eldo.

And they bait them in with The Promise because it's now available to kids outside the district who come in under school choice.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on December 03, 2017, 08:24:27 am
And they bait them in with The Promise because it's now available to kids outside the district who come in under school choice.

The best recruiting tool ever lol

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Dragon I on December 02, 2017, 11:09:07 pm
Not a one.

Have you watched the games? Or are you just lying, thinking no one will call you out?
Numbers 23, 28, 32, 41, 44...those numbers mean anything to you? All freshmen, and guess what? All 5 of those have seen playing time in over the last 4-5 games.

amehr36

Dragon I

Honestly, none of those numbers ring a bell.  JC has moved up maybe a hand full of freshmen since 1998 that have made big time contributions on O or D.  Jones, Ball, Kennedy, Payne.  I'm sure there is one or two more.  The freshman may get some snaps in blowouts or swap one or two on special teams.  The same kids that played England are the ones playing now.  Quit pretending like you know something.

bleudog

December 03, 2017, 01:28:25 pm #41 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 01:33:49 pm by bleudog
I'm amazed at this fascination with freshmen.

After the jr high season is over, the 9th graders move up.  Been that way for a whole bunch of years and I'm pretty sure that's standard practice at a whole bunch of schools.

If those freshmen are good, they play.  If they're average, they're mercy rule filler (haven't been as many of those post jr high games as normal this season).  If they're not good enough yet, they pay their dues by being scout team meat at practice.

If y'all are worried, I can assure you there aren't any Byron Jones, Grantell Kennedy or Devin Ball type Dragons in the freshmen class.

As far as JC numbers, they graduate somewhere between 52 and 62 kids a year.  So let's just say an average of 56.  Let's also say on average half of those are male (28).  Now participation is highly encouraged and with a successful program JC's participation rate is probably above average.  Also there have been 8 trips to WMS in the last 20 seasons so on average there's a 40% realistic chance to get a ring. A lot of kids have more than one.  So if out of those 28 boys half of them play football you've got 14 players per class.  Once the 9th grade moves up, having 56 players on the full roster sounds about right.

bleudog

Sorry DI, I didn't mean to duplicate your point.  I was typing when you posted.

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 11:07:17 pm
Dude. Totally harsh.

I was giving F51 the benefit of the doubt of PUI, posting under the influence.  Otherwise his post went past ignorant and bordered on libel.

bleudog

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on December 02, 2017, 05:45:12 pm

Draw a circle with a 10 mile radius around JC's campus.

Draw a circle with a 10 mile radius around HA's campus.

Take a guess which circle has more people living in it.

Private schools play up because almost all of them are located in more densely populated areas than public schools with their equivalent student totals. 

And I'm not even going to go into economic demographics differences.

dragondad

And private schools play up because there are no boundaries, if you pay the tuition....or it's paid for you....you can attend.

Coltfan2005

There is no fascination with freshmen. I simply posted the numbers on the roster, was told it wasn't true because that listed JC freshmen. I asked did the freshmen not play and was told "not a one". That is not true. JC has had several freshmen contribute (one even had a 50 yard run) and you have not had blowouts for the last few weeks. Perhaps the played in week 10, I have no idea. But I do know freshmen have played for JC. Then I am told that i shouldn't "get on here and act like I know something". Apparently I know much more than Dragon1, with just a little research. Sad that such a "great" fan knows so little about the kids on the team.
As for HA, give all the "private school so they count for more", socioeconomic, or Population density answers you want. Comes down to this, they have not got the actual numbers of 3A but they play fine in 3A. The money the kids parents have or do not have has nothing to do with their ability on the field.

dragondad

But the money and resources they have does effect their ability to draw in the kids with ability.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on December 02, 2017, 11:41:10 pm
2/3 of our sophomores, and probably 1/2 of our Jrs rarely touch the field.

Wow, pretty good team with only 19 kids playing.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: dragondad on December 03, 2017, 02:32:03 pm
But the money and resources they have does effect their ability to draw in the kids with ability.

And JC's history has the ability to draw in kids with ability.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas