• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

AirWarren

PressBox-81

Quote from: AirWarren on February 18, 2019, 02:19:36 pm
Please Fire Sarri.

Mourinho is available and would love a second chance.
You loved him once you can love him again. 

beach bum

Wow...... the wheels are falling off at Chelsea. Man U will probably steal the last Champions League spot at this rate too after what looks like this FA Cup defeat unless a miracle is performed in the 2nd half.

beach bum

MLS starts in 12 days... Here are my thoughts below to look out for in 2019. I love seeing some of the signings from teams. Slowly, but surely the MLS is getting a little bit better every few years.

-The obvious is will Atlanta United win back to back MLS Cups? Also, can they win Concacaf Champions League? I think they can be the first MLS club to do it

-FC Cincinnati begins play at Nippert Stadium waiting on their new ground to be built. Their attendance for a USL club was unmatched and they will bring great supporters to the MLS. They have made some good signings and I hope they are at least competitive in year one.

-Can Toronto FC bounce back from a pathetic season when the season before they pulled a treble

-Can Orlando City finally make a postseason after being the most underachieving club on a yearly basis

-Columbus kept their club.... Save the Crew worked. Will their fans show up in big numbers?

-Will the LA Galaxy get back into the postseason with Zlatan for a full season

-Same goes for DC United, can a whole year with Rooney put them in the top 3 in the East

-Look for Minnesota United to be one of the most improved clubs, I like the way they are headed

AirWarren

Quote from: WC-soccer dad on February 18, 2019, 02:27:22 pm
Mourinho is available and would love a second chance.
You loved him once you can love him again. 

Bring back Jose.
Bring back Diego Costa.

Where do I send my 10$ check to start the funding, lol.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on February 21, 2019, 07:12:39 pm
Much needed 3-0 win today for Chelsea.

On to the round of 16.... i'll laugh if they draw Arsenal in the next round. Europa League seems to always do that drawing English teams early

AirWarren

Still do not think Sarri is the guy for the team and organization. I players are there....just don't respond to the coaching. I think getting rid of conte was a mistake. He was a good coach.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

Lol Tottenham.... Media always talks about them as a title chaser then they go bottle it at Turf Moor.

And I saw where Chelsea got a one year transfer ban. Honestly its probably a blessing in disguise for them. They'll probably get rid of Sarri after the year and get a more tactically tight minded manager defensively now. And they'll be forced to play some more of their young talent.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Newcastle United up 2-0 on Burnley in the 84th. Miguel Almirón has been a huge acquisition for Newcastle.

beach bum

Go Newcastle.... Those 6 points in two matches may be the burst to give them breathing room to stay up.

And has anyone else watched "Sunderland til I Die" on Netflix? I literally watched all 8 episodes on my day off yesterday I liked it so much. Feel so sorry for those fans in Sunderland.

Longfellow

A professor of mine actually recommended that show a few weeks ago. Might have to check it out

beach bum

Documentary really shows how American athletes and organization executives will never know the pressure of promotion/relegation and the financial ramifications of it to an organization and city. Here we get tanking instead lol

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Good half of soccer so far. Each team had two shots on goal that could have easily been scores. We will see if Chelsea's legs can hold up for another 45 plus.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Spurs gonna spur......

2-0 Chelsea 85th minute. On a huge error that results in an own goal.

AirWarren

AirWarren

beach bum

Tottenham lol....

And all the other big dogs won.... Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man City. Again, Poor Spurs  ;D

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on February 27, 2019, 02:46:49 pm
Son is a world class player....man.

The only player for Tottenham who really appeals to me. Gives his all to them and you can tell he loves representing his country, South Korea.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on February 27, 2019, 05:10:45 pm

The only player for Tottenham who really appeals to me. Gives his all to them and you can tell he loves representing his country, South Korea.
He's a really fun player. I get South Korea on FIFA so I can play with him

AirWarren

Chelsea looked like a Chelsea team yesterday. Let's hope we can finish out strong and play for the top 4.

Longfellow

Watching a little bit of Man U and Southampton, but I could only find the Spanish broadcast. Nothing better than when Lukaku scored that goal

Longfellow

And the Southampton goalkeeper just had a wild save. Dives the wrong way on the Pogba penalty kick but saves it with his foot

beach bum

-Was hoping for a Southampton draw but did not happen

-Bournemouth made Man City work for it

-Zaha for Crystal Palace is easily the best player for a bottom half club as they dominate Burnley

-Kane was offsides on that penalty, Spurs were gifted a draw against Arsenal

-Wolves & Brighton win like they should for needed points

*** Yesterday I watched the entire Leeds United vs West Brom match in the Championship as Leeds wiped the floor with them winning 4-0..... I am so hoping Leeds get to the EPL. Their crowd at Elland Road puts pretty much all the EPL crowds to shame. Those fans never sit down all match and love their club.

beach bum

Opening weekend of MLS today....

-Zlatan doing Zlatan things and gets the game winner late in the match as they beat Chicago Fire 2-1

-Anyone see that Colorado Rapids vs Portland Timbers match? I love how some Americans call soccer a "sissy sport". They're out there in like 10 degree weather in a snowstorm for 90 minutes in shorts and no beanie. A saw a couple guys not even wearing long sleeves. I like the cold in all, but that was a crazy 3-3 match.

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea pulls off a win. Late offside call negates an equalizer for Fulham. Chelsea pulls within 2 points of top 4.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on March 03, 2019, 10:04:26 am
Chelsea pulls off a win. Late offside call negates an equalizer for Fulham. Chelsea pulls within 2 points of top 4.

Literally all those goals happened in like a 3 minute span I swear. That was crazy. I went out to scrape my windows off my car from the snow and all of a sudden its 2-1 after it being 0-0 when I went outside

AirWarren

AirWarren

AirWarren

It is so embarrassing to see people crying in the stands.....like my face turns red for them.

AirWarren

beach bum

Manchester United just pulled a miracle in Paris beating PSG to move on to the quarters of the UCL... I say miracle cause even though PSG did not have Neymar; Man U did not have Lingard, Sanchez, Pogba, or Martial at their disposal. For a while it seemed like Lukaku, Rashford, and a bunch of teenagers out there and they still won 3-1 in Paris.

beach bum

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on March 06, 2019, 04:19:30 pm
Manchester United just pulled a miracle in Paris beating PSG to move on to the quarters of the UCL... I say miracle cause even though PSG did not have Neymar; Man U did not have Lingard, Sanchez, Pogba, or Martial at their disposal. For a while it seemed like Lukaku, Rashford, and a bunch of teenagers out there and they still won 3-1 in Paris.

Very fun match to watch!

AirWarren

Europa league action

Chelsea takes out Dynamo Kiev 3-0.

Beautiful goal by Willian in this match. Amazing nutmeg by Pedro that finishes off a beautiful pass from Giroud. 18 year old Hudson-odoi finishes them off.

Arsenal loses to Rennes 3-1.

beach bum

Arsenal... Wow.... They still have a chance playing at home next time, but it will be so tough cause they'll have to win 2-0 or if its 3-1 then it will go extra time. It could happen, but they'll need some luck.

Chelsea was wise to win that 3-0 at home and most importantly not let Dynamo Kiev get an away goal to take with them because going all the way east to Ukraine is not easy. I could see Dynamo Kiev winning by 1 goal or a draw its so hard to win out there..... 1 goal by Chelsea should do the job cause Kiev would need 5 goals at that point to advance and that would take a miracle. I'll take Chelsea to advance 4-2 on aggregate which my prediction of 1 away goal easily will put them through.

AirWarren

We need some sort of hardware this year. ANYTHING. Maybe make a push to the top 4 and champions league play next season.

Time to start Hudson-adoi in my opinion. Pedro and Willian combined played some great soccer together today. Sarri spiced up the rotation today some. It seemed to help out. He released loftus-cheek and Kante as late subs and the speed alone was too much for Kiev.

beach bum

Tottenham again lol .....

Newcastle vs Everton has been a great one.... Newcastle down 2-0 and now up 3-2. Miguel Almiron has put a spark into that club. About to be 5 straight wins at home for them in which 4 he was apart of.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas