• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Baseball 2018

Started by WPWells, January 02, 2018, 11:40:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on June 28, 2018, 08:08:17 pm
Be honest, after last night you had to have a feeling this was going to happen tonight.

Yup. Seen this storyline too many times.....

bigworm

Absolutely. I tried my best to be optimistic, but i felt the whole series was lost at that moment. Not because i thought we would play bad but exactly the opposite. That we would play the same. I dont think for one second that it had much bearing on our play today. We actually played exactly the same game we have played the 2 before. The difference was they didnt make the error or walk batters to give us easy runs. We had chances to make them pay the whole series but florida took our bats when they headed home. Had we made them pay in the 3rd inning, they probably would have pulled Abel and who knows what may have happened. At the end of the day, im proud to be an arkansan and proud to be a Hog fan. At the moment, a depressed hog fan. But there are 249 other teams that would trade places with us. As depressed and frustrated as all of us feel isnt a drop in the bucket compared to the way those young men and coaches feel. They wear that "A" with pride and we have to have their backs. They work their tales off to make all of us proud. This is the hardest national title on the planet to win. We could have had it,  but before this series even started OSU was the team to beat. They were the best team and took the opportunity we gave them and ran with it. Hats off to Abel. That was unbelievable.

Trojanbird

It will be a long time before we see another performance like Able had tonight!  That was history, probably would not have happened if we don't let him off the hook with the bases loaded.
By the way we had the bases loaded I think 4 times for no runs and struck out 38 times, hit in the 150's for a team in this series.  That stands out! IMO

bigworm

0 for 7 with loaded bases.

bleudog

June 29, 2018, 07:28:33 am #954 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:35:10 am by bleudog
Quote from: WPWells on June 28, 2018, 08:18:59 am
We're gonna win it tonight.

Condolences on your loss.

Cabotfan

Quote from: Cabotfan on March 19, 2018, 12:06:17 pm
Hope they didn't use it all up in the first weekend.

Quote from: WPWells on March 19, 2018, 01:26:50 pm
This comment confuses me.

You still confused?

WPWells

June 29, 2018, 08:12:47 am #956 Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 10:30:49 am by WPWells
Quote from: Cabotfan on June 29, 2018, 08:01:25 am
You still confused?

Yes because we made the national championship, so it's obvious we didn't use it all up the first weekend. Why did you decide to be a jerk and rub it in when there's obvious pain?

WPWells

Cabotfan

Quote from: WPWells on June 29, 2018, 08:12:47 am
Yes because we made the national championship, so it's obvious we didn't use it all up the first weekend. Why did you decide to be a jerk and rub it in when there's obvious pain?

That was my worry from the first weekend. You can't win if you can't score. I wish they would have saved some of those hits for the last week. You're not going to beat many teams batting below .150. I don't understand how the comment confused you to start with.

gameoflife

Well lots of disappointed fans, lots of disappointed players and coaches.  As for winning it under Van Horn, maybe it will happen but as everyone knows getting there is really hard to do.This will forever be the National Title we had until we don't catch the ball, just let it drop.  I'm sure the 3 players will never forget, but hopefully they will put it into perspective somehow.  Shame it didn't work out, so so close.   It was ours.

bigworm

At the end of the day, its just a game. Created for entertainment. In the words of Maximus Decimus Meridius........ "Are you not entertained!!?"

Go Hogs

VHSCoach2

A tweet from Wally Hall:

"For the first time in program history, Arkansas will host fellow University of Arkansas system schools the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. The Razorbacks host UALR on April 2 and UAPB on April 16 at Baum Stadium."

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 30, 2018, 07:12:53 am
A tweet from Wally Hall:

"For the first time in program history, Arkansas will host fellow University of Arkansas system schools the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. The Razorbacks host UALR on April 2 and UAPB on April 16 at Baum Stadium."

Bring on ASU in the fall.......

bleudog

A tweet from Wally Hall:

This state is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.  Old Testament, real wrath of God type stuff.  Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and lakes boiling. Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...The dead rising from the grave!  Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Redwolves8526

Mulerider4Life

A tweet from Wally Hall:

Wally Hall needs to retire.

Romeo

This is a good start. The UA's policy of not playing in-state schools is way outdated and needs to be changed. It made sense back when we were in the Southwest Conference, when Texas ruled the league. It makes zero sense now. The fact that only 63,000 to show up in the opening of an expanded 76,000 stadium further validates it.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 06, 2018, 08:23:49 pm
This is a good start. The UA's policy of not playing in-state schools is way outdated and needs to be changed. It made sense back when we were in the Southwest Conference, when Texas ruled the league. It makes zero sense now. The fact that only 63,000 to show up in the opening of an expanded 76,000 stadium further validates it.

44,003 in attendance actually. According to the FOIA. They were talking about it on the buzz earlier this week.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas