• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Friday & Thursday Score Thread

Started by Brian G, March 03, 2016, 10:24:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dreburton3

Maumelle up over Magnolia 19-14 end of 1st quarter

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle leads Magnolia 19-14 after 1.

Dang, you beat me to it!

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle is up 31-29 at the half.

dreburton3

Maumelle up 31-29 halftime over Magnolia. Don't count us Panthers out 🐾

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: dreburton3 on March 03, 2016, 10:16:56 pm
Maumelle up 31-29 halftime over Magnolia. Don't count us Panthers out 🐾

What happened the first part of the 2nd quarter? Magnolia went on like a 9-2 run.

lyckedesplit1

Thanks Woopork. Y'all get much respect from me because y'all could have quite along time ago. Those kids played their hearts out.

dreburton3

End of third Magnolia up 47-46

VHSCoach2

GCT girls beat Vilonia 43-22.

dreburton3

Maumelle up 58-55 with about 2 minutes left to play

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle boys won 63-55 to become the first team to reach the semis. Heck of an effort by the Magnolia Panthers.

woopork

Now that the dust has settled, Man what a game. That has to be one of the best games there's been. I've never seen a playoff one more exciting. Maybe any high school game period.

I've been a non biased bystander for more than 15 games between 3A at Jessieville and 5A at Hot Springs. And don't hear me wrong, I do not want to be a ref. I've reffed very unimportant games and it sucks. But most of these guys or girls choose to be refs. I know it's not easy. But there needs to be a standard for fouls. Are you gonna call every touch foul or are you gonna let them play? Does his feet have to be set to call a charge? If you call a hand check up high, why are you not calling it down low? I just want to see some consistency. I expected it would improve a lot from conference play down here and it has not at all.
Others thoughts? Tell me I'm stupid if I'm stupid.

sportsguy80

Quote from: woopork on March 04, 2016, 09:26:42 am
Now that the dust has settled, Man what a game. That has to be one of the best games there's been. I've never seen a playoff one more exciting. Maybe any high school game period.

I've been a non biased bystander for more than 15 games between 3A at Jessieville and 5A at Hot Springs. And don't hear me wrong, I do not want to be a ref. I've reffed very unimportant games and it sucks. But most of these guys or girls choose to be refs. I know it's not easy. But there needs to be a standard for fouls. Are you gonna call every touch foul or are you gonna let them play? Does his feet have to be set to call a charge? If you call a hand check up high, why are you not calling it down low? I just want to see some consistency. I expected it would improve a lot from conference play down here and it has not at all.
Others thoughts? Tell me I'm stupid if I'm stupid.
No I see the same stuff. It is a hard job but sometimes it just make you wonder if they know that are inconsistent or even care. We are getting close to the semis so hopefully we can get some veteran crews from here out.

Corey870

woopork

Nettleton 32 Beebe 30. 5:26 left in 4th.

kingoftherapids

5 left in first quarter Mills boys 5 valleyview 3

woopork

I think a lot of people thought this would be a blowout, myself included, but if you aren't here you are missing out. VV has great game plan and some dang good players. Handling Mills athleticism well.

Mills 21 VV 19
Half

VV with two big turnovers last two possessions.
Probably shooting 1-10 from three.

kingoftherapids

woopork

Valley View can't make a three to save their life. I think they have two and they've probably shot 25.

woopork

kingoftherapids

PA Dad

Girls

Watson Chapel. 9
Pulaski Academy. 6

End first period

DerekOxford

Melvin Watkins was there to see Darius Hall.

PA Dad

PA Dad

sportsguy80

PA Dad

Watson Chapel.   61
Pulaski Academy. 46

Final

Easy

Nettleton 34-32 over Beebe.  Beebe had good look to win with a three pointer with 2 seconds left! Hard fought game from two pretty evenly matched teams.

mijally

sportsguy80

sportsguy80

sportsguy80

sportsguy80

Casual Observer

Girls

Batesville 47
Sylvan Hills 40

End of third quarter.  Sylvan Hills led by two at half.

Casual Observer

Batesville 75
Sylvan Hills 45

Final as reported by max preps.   I was not there.

PA Dad

PA Dad

PA Dad

PA Dad

PA Dad

Ponca

PA Dad

Ponca

March 04, 2016, 10:37:01 pm #91 Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:57:49 pm by Ponca
Korita was fouled on a 3 with less than a minute left. Missed all 3 FTs. He hit those last night. His legs had to be gone. Still had 40 points. Also hit a game-tying 3 late but was called for a charge. He missed game-tying 3 at the buzzer. Kid is a great player.

Grond

Quote from: PA Dad on March 04, 2016, 10:31:29 pm
FC.  70
PA.   67

Final

Thanks for the updates, PA Dad. Survive and advance.

woopork

Man that makes me sick seeing that. I would've love to see a Harrison Hot springs rematch again. PA must've been fresher than I thought they'd be.

lyckedesplit1

Woopork what did you see that makes you sick. If its fc winning wow. Pa had their legs. It wouldn't have been no where near that close of a game if fc wasn't playing 5 ON 8 THE HOLD FREAKING night. I love the game and i don't give any excuses. But dang those ref was down right on pa side.

MrManne35

Glad somebody said it. They give Korita stats but fail to say that he also took 40 shots or that you couldn't even breathe on him without the refs calling a foul. They also fail to mention that FC missed like 15 free throws. This game should've been way worse. Forrest City made it hard.

Corey870

Through it all Forrest City played a heck of a game especially playing against 5 players plus the refs.... Not making excuses but korita wouldn't have near as many points as he did if the refs was calling a good game but FC still managed to pull out the VICTORY. The game should have been a lot worse but the refs just wouldn't let FC pull away u couldn't even snap ur fingers at korita or u was gone get called a foul... FC got behind but still stayed calm and fought they way out the whole..... Way to go mustangs let's keep chasing that ring

mijally

This is my first experience with FC basketball fans. Two separate games against two separate 6'5" college recruits.  Both times the refs called you for a lot of fouls against those players and both times you didn't foul and the refs were bias. C'mon man.  Move your feet, quit reaching in and stop hacking.

Corey870

Quote from: mijally on March 05, 2016, 07:19:36 am
This is my first experience with FC basketball fans. Two separate games against two separate 6'5" college recruits.  Both times the refs called you for a lot of fouls against those players and both times you didn't foul and the refs were bias. C'mon man.  Move your feet, quit reaching in and stop hackin
I Don't know who or what team you are going for and basically I don't care but at the end of the day u couldn't breathe on korita and they called a foul but at the end of the day FC showed the whole arena why are the the #6 team in the state and why they still on a 20 game win streak.... They move on and PA at hone wishful thinking

MrManne35

The point is every high school team fouls a lot. Call the game both ways or just let the kids play. The players should decide the game not the refs. This has nothing to do with what college bound kid they playing against because FC has college bound kids also.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas