• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A District Tournament @ Bauxite

Started by ~WPS~, February 10, 2015, 10:35:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sportsfanatic

Bulldog92

~WPS~

Bulldog92

That sets up Star City vs Ashdown in a first round win or go home matchup.  What ya think Ballplayer?

~WPS~

Star City should win. That's based on not knowing anything about SC other than their record and ranking. Ashdown is very good. But they don't have much size around the rim which is what got them beat by Nashville 3 out of 4 times this year. They have a good 3pt shooter.

Bulldog92

It sounds like it should be a good game!!  SC is YOUNG, and in the post season that can make a difference!  We will have to see.

~WPS~

Any idea if Monticello will have a live stream of the tournament?

Bulldog92

I don't know off the top of my head. Will try and find out though.

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys 3rd Place Game
Malvern 61
Ashdown 59
Final - OT

~WPS~

Girls Championship
Malvern 43
Bauxite 37
Final

arklasports57

arklasports57

LRRandy

Quote from: arklasports57 on February 21, 2015, 08:40:18 pm
Half

Arkadelphia- 29
Bauxite- 12
watch out for Ben. Arkansas Baptist was up 18 points on Bauxite in district tournament last year. Bauxite came back and won. Ben Madison went off. 

arklasports57

arklasports57

40-38 Badgers   Bauxite gaining.   good game

arklasports57

l0l

Quote from: arklasports57 on February 21, 2015, 09:20:17 pm
40-38 Badgers   Bauxite gaining.   good game

If by good game you mean god-awful officiating, then I completely agree. How #5 and #2 managed to take 3 steps every time they touched the ball and yet it didn't get called until the 4th quarter is beyond me. #5 for Arkadelphia can really play, not taking away from him one bit, but he takes more steps than the average NBA player. Horrendous officiating.

arklasports57

l0l

Quote from: arklasports57 on February 21, 2015, 10:05:58 pm
bad call both ways.....all night

I agree, if that's the actual profession of Donald Trumps youngest brother and crew, it's time to move in a new direction.

arklasports57

Man it's lonely here in 7-4a basketball. Would be jumping if talkin football.  Lol :o

~WPS~

think

Bauxite dug too deep a hole. Down as much as 19. When they cut it to 2 they had a couple trips to tie and couldn't convert. Arkadelphia deserved to win. The Richardson kid played his tail off. That kid plays harder than anyone I've seen this year. The times I've met him, he seems like a good kid as well. Congrats to the Badgers!

As for the officiating, it was terrible as usual. Bad calls both ways. It's really sad that the level of officiating has gotten this bad. The tall black official was the best of the crew. The other two were lost all night and inconsistent on physical play.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas