• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-4A District Tournament @ Bauxite

Started by ~WPS~, February 10, 2015, 10:35:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

February 10, 2015, 10:35:58 pm Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 12:13:05 am by Ballplayer1
Boys Bracket

2/18 - Wednesday
Game 2: (5) Fountain Lake vs [8] Mena - 5:30
Game 4: (6) Nashville vs (7) Waldron - 8:30

2/19 - Thursday
Game 6: (4) Ashdown vs Fountain Lake - 5:30
Game 8: (3) Malvern vs Nashville - 8:30

2/20 - Friday
Game 10: (1) Bauxite vs Ashdown - 5:30
Game 12: (2) Arkadelphia vs Malvern - 8:30

2/21 - Saturday
3rd Place Game: Ashdown vs Malvern - 4:30
Championship Game: Bauxite vs Arkadelphia - 7:30

Boys Regional Seeding
1. Arkadelphia
2. Bauxite
3. Malvern
4. Ashdown

Girls Bracket

2/18 - Wednesday
Game 1: (5) Malvern vs [8] Arkadelphia - 4:00
Game 3: (6) Fountain Lake vs (7) Waldron - 7:00

2/19 - Thursday
Game 5: (4) Mena vs Malvern - 4:00
Game 7: (3) Bauxite vs Fountain Lake - 7:00

2/20 - Friday
Game 9: (1) Nashville vs Malvern - 4:00
Game 11: (2) Ashdown vs Bauxite - 7:00

2/21 - Saturday
3rd Place Game: Nashville vs Ashdown - 3:00
Championship Game: Malvern vs Bauxite - 6:00

Girls Regional Seeding
1. Malvern
2. Bauxite
3. Nashville
4. Ashdown

~WPS~

February 13, 2015, 07:57:46 pm #1 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:38:46 pm by Ballplayer1
Both brackets are complete.

~WPS~

Tonight's scheduled games have been postponed. Tonight's games will be played Tuesday, Tuesday's on Wednesday, and then Thursday and Saturday on schedule.

~WPS~

The tournament has yet again been postponed. The games will begin on Wednesday and run through Saturday. The bracket in the original post has been updated.

~WPS~

Bauxite has confirmed that games will be played today as scheduled.

think

May head over and catch a couple games. Good luck tonight!

~WPS~

Depending on when I'm there I'll try to post scores throughout each game. For those of you on Twitter, you can follow "@4ADistrict7" for updates.

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

~WPS~

Boys
Ftn. Lake 51
Mena 35

Girls
Ftn. Lake 41
Waldron 26

Boys
Nashville 61
Waldron 45

~WPS~

Thursday's Schedule

4:00 - Girls - 4) Mena vs 5) Malvern
5:30 - Boys - 4) Ashdown vs 5) Fountain Lake
7:00 - Girls - 3) Bauxite vs 6) Fountain Lake
8:30 - Boys - 3) Malvern vs 6) Nashville

think

Nashville was impressive last night. Wouldn't surprise me to see them beat Malvern if they play like they did last night.

~WPS~

I agree. When Nashville goes inside and uses their size to their advantage they are tough to beat. Hopefully they can get hot and go on a run like last year.

sportsfanatic

Ashdown boys beat Fountain Lake boys.   Not sure of the exact score.

think

~WPS~

Girls
Malvern 47
Mena 39

Bauxite 33
Ftn. Lake 32

Boys
Ashdown 55
Ftn. Lake 31

Malvern 39
Nashville 35

~WPS~

Friday's Schedule

4:00 - Girls - Nashville vs Malvern
5:30 - Boys - Bauxite vs Ashdown
7:00 - Girls - Ashdown vs Bauxite
8:30 - Boys - Arkadelphia vs Malvern

think

Tough loss last night for Nashville. Missed layups and FT's did them in.

~WPS~

What hurt them all year did them in last night. Got to give the guys credit, they played hard all year and made the most of what turned out to be a rebuilding year. Nashville loses Pettway, which will hurt but return 4 big minute guys, get Hopkins back, and move up a jr high team that went 21-1. The future is bright. Good luck to the teams moving on to regional, represent the district well.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 20, 2015, 08:39:58 am
What hurt them all year did them in last night. Got to give the guys credit, they played hard all year and made the most of what turned out to be a rebuilding year. Nashville loses Pettway, which will hurt but return 4 big minute guys, get Hopkins back, and move up a jr high team that went 21-1. The future is bright. Good luck to the teams moving on to regional, represent the district well.
Are you not going to follow the girls?  You sound like you are done with basketball??

~WPS~

I was just talking about the boys. The girls still have a lot of basketball left to play. And I will definitely follow them.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 20, 2015, 10:02:33 am
I was just talking about the boys. The girls still have a lot of basketball left to play. And I will definitely follow them.
Good.  Maybe I will run into you in Monticello.  Good luck in district tournament. 

~WPS~

I probably won't make the long trip to Monticello but will root on the girls while listening to the radio. A regional final between Star City and Nashville would be a great game.

Bulldog92

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 20, 2015, 10:31:38 am
I probably won't make the long trip to Monticello but will root on the girls while listening to the radio. A regional final between Star City and Nashville would be a great game.
I hope it works out that way.  Would be nice to make it back to the finals again!!  Heck that will be on a Saturday, you will have to try and make that game. 

~WPS~

Girls
Malvern 46
Nashville 44

Boys
Bauxite 45
Ashdown 42

Bulldog92

Bulldog92

think

By 1 on buzzer beater. Coast to coast layup.

~WPS~

Bulldog92

~WPS~

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 20, 2015, 09:03:49 pm
Upset in the girls game!!
Tough loss for Nashville. Was without their leading scorer tonight. Still should have won. It will be interesting to see if she plays tomorrow. If not and Nashville loses, it could set up a 1st round regional matchup between a full strength Nashville and Star City. Which is not what either team wants.

Bulldog92

Ballplayer you are correct. That would send a good team home early!!

~WPS~

Really SC is going to have a tough game regardless. Either Nashville or Ashdown. Tough break for all teams involved.

Bulldog92

Yep, this is what a district tournament does for you. Takes the 14 game season and flushes it down the toilet!! Why didn't the top scorer play for Nashville?

~WPS~

After a day like today I agree with the 8-4A not playing one. She has been sick and apparently wasn't well enough to play.

arklasports57

so, how bout them Badger Boyz...... Arkadelphia 55 Malvern 46   Championship game tomorrow night

~WPS~

Quote from: arklasports57 on February 20, 2015, 10:14:37 pm
so, how bout them Badger Boyz...... Arkadelphia 55 Malvern 46   Championship game tomorrow night
Should be a heck of a game in the finals.

arklasports57

yeah I hope so, but they definitely have the home field advantage.  Hoping our boys pull out the win.  But yes, mostly hoping for a great game.  Congrats to both teams

noonerricky

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 20, 2015, 10:09:47 pm
After a day like today I agree with the 8-4A not playing one. She has been sick and apparently wasn't well enough to play.

I was wondering where she was, she's a great player. As far as region 8 goes I like that they don't have a district tournament. It would shorten the season by a week if they just went straight into the regionals. Or they could do top 5 teams and do 1 big state tournament like they do for football.

~WPS~

Quote from: noonerricky on February 20, 2015, 11:05:14 pm
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on February 20, 2015, 10:09:47 pm

I was wondering where she was, she's a great player. As far as region 8 goes I like that they don't have a district tournament. It would shorten the season by a week if they just went straight into the regionals. Or they could do top 5 teams and do 1 big state tournament like they do for football.
And plus she's just a sophomore. At least the district tournament gives double byes to #1 and 2 so in the case of an upset like today your season isn't over.

Bulldog92

Sounding like we will have our hands full no matter which team we get??

~WPS~

For the sake of Nashville or Ashdown hopefully so. If SC is as good as advertised then maybe not.

Scrapper14

I like the tournament still because it gives teams like Nashville boys last year who kept improving and got really good to prove that and show they are one of the top teams in the state

Cookie

I like the tournament as well because it sorts out the teams who have improved throughout the season a chance to move on. It is also an opportunity for teams to prove they have what it takes to play in the post season. There is nothing easy about the next few weeks of continuous play & that is how it should be. This time of year is when teams are tired & nursing injuries. The mentally tough, conditioned teams really shine during these weeks. 

Look at Malvern's girls. Many people had them down for the count, but their coach has the ability to get these girls prepared to play past the regular season. They didn't play well last night & their leading scorer was less than 100%. But they still pulled out the win. That is a lot of toughness & tenacity. I have no idea how far they will make it this year, but they were determined not to meet Star City the first round of regionals.

Looking forward to tonight's finals.

Bulldog92

Ballplayer is the girl from Nashville playing today?

~WPS~

I'm not there today but I heard she's not.

~WPS~

I just found a live video feed of the game. She's not playing. Currently in the 3rd Nashville is ahead 42-39.

sportsfanatic

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas