• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Region @ Pottsville

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 10, 2015, 01:31:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Legend

Quote from: pv bb fan on February 27, 2015, 01:45:53 pm
Quote from: Feral Man on February 27, 2015, 11:49:22 am
Quote from: The Coach on February 26, 2015, 11:42:16 pm
refs had nothing to do with PR losing this game.
Better team made the plays down the stretch. Give credit where it's do.
Dardanelle pressure got to PR and allowed for the comeback and ultimately the win for them
Two charge calls and Pea Ridge kids getting knocked to the floor when Dardenelle was pressing made the difference. When the Lizards crowd got going, the refs were persuaded to go that way. Pea Ridge is 20 pts better but they played bad and got screwed. I give credit to Dardenelle for not folding.
Pea Ridge got out played and hustled last 5 minutes period. Refs were fine!!!! Give credit to Lizards    good job lizards

So you think both of those plays were charges? Last time I checked, when a defender jumps to contest a shot, his feet can't be set to take a charge.

BIG_K

Ole Legend

Quote from: Feral Man on February 27, 2015, 03:24:10 pm
Huntsville is better than any team in that Region anyway!!! Go Eagles, if they can avoid a Screw Job, they win easy!

IF

WPWells

NoSize

Everybody watchout, here comes the complaints about the bad refs.

I didn't have a dog in this fight.
These refs actually were really bad, but if there was any biased, it was in favor of Huntsville. There was one ref that seemed to only blow the whistle against Subi, I don't think he ever made a call against HV.

Old Wolf

as i have told people all year. The 1-4A is down down down this year. The Conf is nowhere close to as good as it was the last 2 years. From quality of players, to quality of teams. After Huntsville, who is legit, and one notch down from 5A (barely), the 1-4A stinks this year, 2 through 7. PR barely beat most of the bottom 7 ALL YEAR. Just an average bunch. Dardanelle does'nt have a guy over 5'9!!! and beat our Conf #2....pretty bad. Congrats to our Regional rival, for proving what i have said all year right. Good luck at State.

pv bb fan

pg over potts girls by 10ish  final                                                                                                                           subi over Huntsville boys by 1  final                                                                                                                       Ozark up at half over Huntsville 38-10 

Tigerdad2

Quote from: Old Wolf on February 27, 2015, 06:54:11 pm
as i have told people all year. The 1-4A is down down down this year. The Conf is nowhere close to as good as it was the last 2 years. From quality of players, to quality of teams. After Huntsville, who is legit, and one notch down from 5A (barely), the 1-4A stinks this year, 2 through 7. PR barely beat most of the bottom 7 ALL YEAR. Just an average bunch. Dardanelle does'nt have a guy over 5'9!!! and beat our Conf #2....pretty bad. Congrats to our Regional rival, for proving what i have said all year right. Good luck at State.
Great post, like you said Huntsville was 5a last year and they beat Ozark who was in the 1-4A last year. 1-4A was way down and I didn't buy into the PR hype

Ole Legend

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on February 27, 2015, 07:52:32 pm
Great post, like you said Huntsville was 5a last year and they beat Ozark who was in the 1-4A last year. 1-4A was way down and I didn't buy into the PR hype

If you want to talk about the 1-4a being down, it has been down the last 2 years. But it isn't as bad as you guys are saying. And we will see how you feel about the "PR hype" the next few years when this group of PR sophomores run through the league.

pv bb fan

subiaco 46  Huntsville  45   final

TigerMan2005

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 27, 2015, 08:21:47 pm

If you want to talk about the 1-4a being down, it has been down the last 2 years. But it isn't as bad as you guys are saying. And we will see how you feel about the "PR hype" the next few years when this group of PR sophomores run through the league.
The last two years? You realize every team in the conference last year could've had 2 all state players besides ozark and gentry

Ole Legend

Quote from: TigerMan2005 on February 27, 2015, 08:38:38 pm

The last two years? You realize every team in the conference last year could've had 2 all state players besides ozark and gentry

The 1-4a was at its peak in 2011. PG, Farmington, PR, Shiloh, and even Gentry were really good. 2013 was also a good year. Farmington, PR, Lincoln all made good runs.

Old Wolf

Exactly! last year alone Berryville had Carr & Morrell, Farmington was in the league, PG had Tice & Soehner, Lincoln had Escareno & 7 seniors + Biggie, Gravette had Pierce & Otto, PR was a force. You had to prepare for those guys night after night, or get beat. This year after huntsville, there was nobody you were scared of. Pre-season, i told a friend that PR would be the team to beat, without realizing what Huntsville had coming back. Huntsville was the only team to fear this year in a bad league

pv bb fan

February 27, 2015, 09:09:27 pm #63 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:14:39 pm by pv bb fan
Dardanelle 29   AB   22  end of 3rd

Old Wolf

i imagine Lizards are being VERY VERY Patient!

pv bb fan

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 27, 2015, 08:47:14 pm
Quote from: TigerMan2005 on February 27, 2015, 08:38:38 pm

The 1-4a was at its peak in 2011. PG, Farmington, PR, Shiloh, and even Gentry were really good. 2013 was also a good year. Farmington, PR, Lincoln all made good runs.
1-4a was at its peak while 4-4a was winning state 3 years in a row!!!!!!!!

Old Wolf

very true! we ar'nt known for too many State Titles up here! lol

pv bb fan

Dardanelle 41  AB 35  1 min left

Old Wolf

watch it! thats coach Rich's momma!

pv bb fan

eagle1

Hearing from several that officiating has gotten even worse in tonight's late game.

Old Wolf

pv bb fan

WPWells

Subi-Dardanelle for the regional championship! I'll definitely roll with the Trojans in that one

The Coach

February 27, 2015, 10:26:51 pm #74 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:29:25 pm by The Coach
Dardanelle pressure got to PR and allowed for the comeback and ultimately the win for them
Two charge calls and Pea Ridge kids getting knocked to the floor when Dardenelle was pressing made the difference. When the Lizards crowd got going, the refs were persuaded to go that way. Pea Ridge is 20 pts better but they played bad and got screwed. I give credit to Dardenelle for not folding.

Dardanelle playing harder and better down the stretch made the difference

The Coach

Quote from: eagle1 on February 27, 2015, 09:41:25 pm
Hearing from several that officiating has gotten even worse in tonight's late game.

you heard wrong

D-TOWN LIZARD

Way to go Lizards! 
GO LIZARDS!!!!GO LIZARDS!!!!

LRRandy

Quote from: pv bb fan on February 27, 2015, 09:43:18 pm
Dardanelle 49  AB 46  final
AB had some opportunities to close but came up short. Too many missed shots/free throws.
Credit due to Dardanelle. They didn't fold when AB pushed to get back in the game. 11 point 3rd quarter defecit was too much to overcome. Luster (#3) is one heck of a player.

AB's path just got a little tougher. Looking forward to playing Huntsville tomorrow.

eagle1

The coach, hats off to Sand Lizards. Had several reports of questionable calls from all day but many in 8:30 game. Called games for almost 30 year and know no matter how could a call was that someone will disagree.

eagle1

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on February 27, 2015, 11:38:38 pm
The coach, hats off to Sand Lizards. Had several reports of questionable calls from all day but many in 8:30 game. Called games for almost 30 year and know no matter how could a call was that someone will disagree.
absolutely right. I don't think there is ever a game that someone doesn't question the officiating. I think the technicals were a little quick especially on Cory on the behind the back pass to the official at the timeout. Judgement sometimes runs amok. That aside. Dardanelle executed better than AB down the stretch. There were chances with the ball only down one possession and shots just didn't fall and Dardanelle hit free throws. Recipe for a loss. Congrats Dardanelle.

hogsnout

Anyone heard anything bout games being cancelled yet.

StevenGlen

Nothing yet on Saturday's games.  I broadcast the noon game today.  Clarksville right now has about an inch of snow on the ground, but all of the roads here are snow covered, I can only imagine what the roads are like north and west of me. 

hogsnout

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 28, 2015, 07:35:05 am
Nothing yet on Saturday's games.  I broadcast the noon game today.  Clarksville right now has about an inch of snow on the ground, but all of the roads here are snow covered, I can only imagine what the roads are like north and west of me.
In russellville at rv heat pancake breakfast and it isn't any better here.

fbisgreat

There snow covered in Charleston and it's still snowing so you could be getting more.

LRRandy

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 28, 2015, 07:35:05 am
huntsville can't make it off the hill. Game with AB postponed to Monday @5:30.

oldballer

Running through this league and flopping at regionals once again as usual.

StevenGlen

All games scheduled for today at Pottsville in the North Regional have been moved to Monday.  First game Monday will be at 4:00 pm and will be the ladies 3rd place game.  This as per Tournament Director Chance Johnson.

pv bb fan

February 28, 2015, 10:29:41 am #88 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:07:42 pm by pv bb fan
Quote from: Feral Man on February 27, 2015, 03:24:10 pm
Huntsville is better than any team in that Region anyway!!! Go Eagles, if they can avoid a Screw Job, they win easy!
I don't think that turned out to be true!!!!!  No screw job !!!!! Just got beat!!!!

Uncle Sam

Quote from: eagle1 on February 27, 2015, 09:41:25 pm

Officiating was NOT what decided the game.

Dardanelle led from start to finish and played with heart, hustle, and excellent coaching. The AB players got tired when the Lizards spread out the offense, showed patience, passed the ball well, and got the right shot. The AB defense looked out of position and a step slow. The AB offense seems pretty simple and I don't see much motion, good ball movement, or screens. Dardanelle ran up a good double digit lead and AB still didn't adapt or make changes. Only when AB went "quick" too late in the game did they act like they wanted to play ball.  It doesn't seem like AB has played real sharp in the past several weeks. Was that all officiating, too?

Dardanelle may not win the state championship but they are playing batter late in the season. The same goes for Subi.  Hats off to Dardanelle and Coach S!

razorsharp94

The one thing I've noticed about the officiating in this regional is very inconsistent officiating. Touch foul here touch foul there then someone gets blasted for no call. As far as I know and I've watched almost all games in this region there has been no NWA or RV crews they have been mixed.

eagle1

Never saw me post that the officials cost anyone the game. Said the officiating had been questionable and had gotten worse. Dardanelle is a solid team and #3 is tough. They had a good strategy against AB a week ago and AB was lucky to get the win at Dardanelle in regular season. Best of luck to them against Subi. I have just seen too many times, and seems to be getting worse, very inconsistent calls and targeting certain players (not just talking about one or two teams). Officials need to realize it's not about them. They are there to admin the game and enforce the rules. Need to lose the rabbit ears and just focus on their job. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good officials in the state.

StevenGlen

I had made a comment earlier about Subi not playing as well as they could, and let me tell you that was way off base.  This Subiaco team has improved greatly since I saw them earlier. 

Dardanelle has been pretty good all year but their defense has made a big step forward.  They help and recover so quickly, that is if you can get past the first defender. 

Neither Subiaco or Dardanelle appear to have a true NCAA D1 recruit on their rosters, but the players they put on the floor play with passion and discipline and are fun to watch. 

Lizardo

Quote from: StevenGlen on February 28, 2015, 01:27:57 pm
I had made a comment earlier about Subi not playing as well as they could, and let me tell you that was way off base.  This Subiaco team has improved greatly since I saw them earlier. 

Dardanelle has been pretty good all year but their defense has made a big step forward.  They help and recover so quickly, that is if you can get past the first defender. 

Neither Subiaco or Dardanelle appear to have a true NCAA D1 recruit on their rosters, but the players they put on the floor play with passion and discipline and are fun to watch.

Agreed.  Both coaches are doing a great job coaching up these two teams.

Big win last night for the Sand Lizards. It puts us in good position for State. 
Congrats to Lizards for playing hard and smart and to Coach Sturdivant for some great coaching.

The Lizards are peaking at the right time. But, so is Subiaco so the final should be a good one!

Go Lizards!

pv bb fan

Quote from: Batman44 on February 27, 2015, 02:11:24 pm
From an outsider looking in, I would say PR got hosed. It may be the rule, but goaltending for touching the net? Give me a break!
yes they got hosed by Dardanelle!!!!

Rocket23

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 27, 2015, 02:34:42 pm
Pea Ridge got out played and hustled last 5 minutes period. Refs were fine!!!! Give credit to Lizards    good job lizards

So you think both of those plays were charges? Last time I checked, when a defender jumps to contest a shot, his feet can't be set to take a charge.

Once the defender establishes LGP, the defender can move laterally or vertically.  He does not have to be still and his feet do not have to be on the ground.  That is a myth.  He cannot set up in the path once the shorter goes airborne, and he can move toward the offensive player.  LGP is legal guarding position. 

Ole Legend

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 28, 2015, 05:09:46 pm

Once the defender establishes LGP, the defender can move laterally or vertically.  He does not have to be still and his feet do not have to be on the ground.  That is a myth.  He cannot set up in the path once the shorter goes airborne, and he can move toward the offensive player.  LGP is legal guarding position.
The defenders feet have to be set. If he jumps, his feet are not set. Therefor it would be a defensive foul.

The Coach

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 28, 2015, 06:59:41 pm

The defenders feet have to be set. If he jumps, his feet are not set. Therefor it would be a defensive foul.

Good thing he was set then so they could make the right call

pv bb fan

Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 07:16:26 pm

I agree with coach if defender jumps straight up and offensive jumps into him and makes the contact it is a charge....

pv bb fan

:'(
Quote from: Feral Man on February 28, 2015, 07:38:49 pm
Quote from: The Coach on February 28, 2015, 07:16:26 pm

The Ref Who Made that call has been black Balled from reffing quite a few teams in Pea Ridges conference. She will likely not be able to do 4a games in that conference next year. She cost Pea Ridge going to State. Dardenelle would get beat by the Ridge 9 out of 10 times. They got lucky and Coach, Have a Merry Christmas!
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas