• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sportsmanship

Started by byrdphan, March 12, 2017, 03:39:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

byrdphan

In the 7A boys final, NLR walked away and left their runner-up trophy sitting on the court where they all gathered for a photo at the game's conclusion. Just left it sitting there. Upset because they didn't emerge as state champs. Mad because someone has drilled into them that being #1 is far more important than doing your best.

Is that kind of behavior the norm for this team?

Longfellow

Show me one person in the world who wants a runner-up trophy. Not accepts, truly wants to be second

byrdphan

Quote from: Longfellow on March 12, 2017, 03:44:09 pm
Show me one person in the world who wants a runner-up trophy. Not accepts, truly wants to be second

They better get used to it. They will soon learn that they can't be the best at everything.

4real

Seeing they were primarily powered by underclassmen, they may come back hungry and experienced

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on March 12, 2017, 03:44:09 pm

+1

BBall247

I saw this as well. And honestly I thought it showed a huge lack of sportsmanship. I know that there are many other teams in the 7A  that would of loved to be in the same situation with the same chance as NLR and would of been very proud to say that they were the State Runner-Ups and walked off the court with their head held high. Yes there can be only one state champion but be proud of what your team accomplished and accept what you earned.

ricepig

Quote from: BBall247 on March 13, 2017, 02:20:46 pm
I saw this as well. And honestly I thought it showed a huge lack of sportsmanship. I know that there are many other teams in the 7A  that would of loved to be in the same situation with the same chance as NLR and would of been very proud to say that they were the State Runner-Ups and walked off the court with their head held high. Yes there can be only one state champion but be proud of what your team accomplished and accept what you earned.
I bet it shows up in the NLR trophy case, along with the girls.

sixthman

I don't blame the kids. I blame the coach. I understand the kids being down after that game and leaving the way they did. That was a spot that a coach needs to show some leadership. What do they call it? A teachable moment?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas