• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA/West Helena merged threads

Started by football_head00, July 15, 2008, 01:51:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Will the Bruins or Cougars win?

Cougars
16 (32.7%)
Bruins
33 (67.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Manningfan

Quote from: football123 on July 15, 2008, 10:55:16 am
Quote from: football_head00 on July 15, 2008, 01:51:09 am
those guys got all they could get last year from hwh. they were scared of hwh size and strenght. hwh beat them self the score at half were 7-0 thats playin ball go cougars

west helena is going to get rolled up

And smoked like he was woodstock

Lanny

July 25, 2008, 04:24:29 pm #51 Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 04:29:40 pm by Lanny
Quote from: J b coog on July 24, 2008, 07:00:00 pm
they call today trying to buy out helena so they can have the game in the rock, i think they knew helena was going to be a ok team, but i dont think they even imaging that the cougars were going to be this loaded when he agreed to come to helena and play them. its going to be a great game but the cougars will win this year

Your information is wrong.

I called yesterday.  Channel 4 had agreed to spotlight Helena's star players and it's easier for a Little Rock station to cover the FearlessFriday Game of the Week in Little Rock. 

West Helena has a good team I have watched them the past two years, looking forward to watching the Cougars again in 2008.

Lanny

football_head00

im a grad of 08 i played for the cougars i started since my 10th grade year.coach smith is the best coach in 5a football!!!!!! i just hope p.a. have a lot of qb's because whoever is starting at qb its gone be a long long night (pick him up!!!!!!!)good luck cougars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cougars 35
p.a. 24

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: football_head00 on July 26, 2008, 11:13:43 pm
im a grad of 08 i played for the cougars i started since my 10th grade year.coach smith is the best coach in 5a football!!!!!! i just hope p.a. have a lot of qb's because whoever is starting at qb its gone be a long long night (pick him up!!!!!!!)good luck cougars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cougars 35
p.a. 24
"Coach Smith is the best coach in 5A Football"............when he wins 3 in a row come back to the board and talk to us. Heck win one and come back.....................heck beat PA and come back...........

football_head00

but from what i recall wasnt p.a. writting us telling us how good we were and how we were the only team that played them so well..but yea we won three in row....and yea tha cougars will beat p.a.

football_head00

and yea coach smith is the best coach in 5 a football

RD™

Quote from: football_head00 on July 27, 2008, 02:50:21 pm
and yea coach smith is the best coach in 5 a football
Based off of what? His quarter-final loss to Vilonia? Don't think so boy.

football_head00

first dont call me a boy? didnt p.a. lose to greenwood in the 2nd round.... b**ch

RD™

Quote from: football_head00 on July 27, 2008, 02:54:41 pm
first dont call me a boy? didnt p.a. lose to greenwood in the 2nd round.... b**ch
Uhm yah they did, thus the reason why I am a Greenwood fan.

7AFBFAN

West Helena people possibly have never heard of Greenwood or Rick Jones. They are way over there on the east side of the state where they only play 10 game seasons. Apparently no one has bought this guy a ticket to the state championship game the last 4 years as well. Who is coach Smith?????

football_head00

coach smith is a hard working coach and he will do anything for his players.....good luck cougars

RD™

Quote from: football_head00 on July 27, 2008, 03:03:00 pm
coach smith is a hard working coach and he will do anything for his players.....good luck cougars
Yes and the other 31 coaches in the 5A sit on there bump.

Right now the only "best coach in the 5A" is 3 time state defending champion Rick Jones of Greenwood, if West Helena is unLUCKY enough, they will get the chance to play Greenwood in November.

football_head00

July 27, 2008, 03:16:22 pm #62 Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:19:35 pm by football_head00
i wish we could  play greenwood game 2 after we beat p.a. lets really look at this you see a group of a black kids thinking, well they will beat thier self because of were we from and we dont have any self controll or what ever u want to call it...we will love to play greenwood anytime anywhere..and i beat you your heart that west helena will take greenwood thru heck and back

RD™

Quote from: football_head00 on July 27, 2008, 03:16:22 pm
i wish we could  play greenwood game 2 after we beat p.a. lets really look at this you see a group of a black kids thinking, well they will beat thier self because of were we from and we dont have any self controll or what ever u want to call it...we will love to play greenwood anytime anywhere..and i beat you your heart that west helena will take greenwood thru heck and back
I would put the spread at Greenwood +21

ppop

July 27, 2008, 04:58:29 pm #64 Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 05:59:39 pm by ppop
Quote from: football_head00 on July 27, 2008, 02:46:30 pmbut from what i recall wasnt p.a. writting us telling us how good we were and how we were the only team that played them so well..but yea we won three in row....and yea tha cougars will beat p.a.

Yo, we won three in a row, too, RD.  Wat chu goin do?

Oh, you mean THREE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS in a row........... Never mind!

Eddie Goodson

Here I was concerned about Forrest City moving to this board and Marn'ing up the place and all the time HWH was waiting to assume the role.

jorpar

The West Helena fans need to just let their team speak for themselves on the field. They are a bunch of great athletes and if they play as a team and not as individuals they can compete with anyone. I hope West Helena has a great year.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 27, 2008, 05:22:03 pm
Here I was concerned about Forrest City moving to this board and Marn'ing up the place and all the time HWH was waiting to assume the role.

HWH gonna punish!!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Rampage72501 on July 27, 2008, 07:12:01 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on July 27, 2008, 05:22:03 pm

HWH gonna punish!!
HWH wut???

westhelena1

This season has the potential to be the best HWH has had in over five decades.  The Cougars are loaded with talent and ability.  If they stay focused, this could be a very special year.  Russell Smith is probably one of the most underrated coaches in Class 5A.  In just two years at the helm with limited staff and comparably horrible facilities, he got the Cougars back into the playoffs where they won their first postseason game in 27 years.  They were robbed by some truly sorry officials in the quarterfinals against Vilonia or the Cinderella run would have continued at least one more week.  He deserves to be mentioned with some of the up and coming quality coaches in this state.

I can't wait until the season starts!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: RD™ on July 27, 2008, 03:35:28 pm
I would put the spread at Greenwood +21
I would put the odds at 25/1 that this poster has not made it out of the 6th grade......................

RD™

Quote from: westhelena1 on July 27, 2008, 07:48:21 pm
This season has the potential to be the best HWH has had in over five decades.  The Cougars are loaded with talent and ability.  If they stay focused, this could be a very special year.  Russell Smith is probably one of the most underrated coaches in Class 5A.  In just two years at the helm with limited staff and comparably horrible facilities, he got the Cougars back into the playoffs where they won their first postseason game in 27 years.  They were robbed by some truly sorry officials in the quarterfinals against Vilonia or the Cinderella run would have continued at least one more week.  He deserves to be mentioned with some of the up and coming quality coaches in this state.

Ive seen some video and Vilonia won fair and square. Tell your Cougar Radio team to keep it P.C. next time when the rest of the state is listening in on the game and not to be such sore losers.

football_head00

yea i made it out of the 6th grade....i am also that ALL STATE PLAYER that would make anyone of your d-lineman want to quit playing football

westhelena1

Quote from: RD™ on July 27, 2008, 09:05:02 pm
Quote from: westhelena1 on July 27, 2008, 07:48:21 pm

Ive seen some video and Vilonia won fair and square. Tell your Cougar Radio team to keep it P.C. next time when the rest of the state is listening in on the game and not to be such sore losers.
I saw some video and he clearly got in.  As for the radio team, we love them.  They are part of the reason that people have gotten behind the program again.  We're glad they are passionately for the Cougars and aren't worried about being politically correct. 

football_head00

i know he got in because i blocked for him.....GO COUGARS

CataClysm

man im not real big on west helena but after all the hype and talk and stuff on here they better just rip PA a new one and send them home crying. im takin PA anyway but iim just saying after the stuff posted on here, i better hear about this game and how west helena will cruise to the rock all year. prolly won't happen tho. PA by at least 14.

Jimbo Morphis

i think you should challenge greenwood to an essay writing contest.

football_head00

tell greenwood to challenge use in a football game.

ppop

Quote from: football_head00 on July 28, 2008, 08:03:41 pm
Use?  I assume you mean "us".  Do you think Greenwood is afraid of HWH?  I'm just curious.  And if so, what basis do you have for thinking that?

football_head00

i mean central will play anybody....but look we still gone beat p.a.

ballerscoach

I've seen HWH and PA both are talented teams.  PA has beaten HWH the majority of the times but to say they are just going to blow them out this year is just crazy.  I do know where all the blowout talk is coming from but that was is in the past.  Whoever is think PA is going to win the BATTLE thats fine but to think they are going to just blow HWH out you need to go and do some homework.  HWH has three players in the top 10 players in Arkansas.  AT #1 Darius Winston  and #6 Turrell Williams and #10 Deondra Johnson.  Whoever said that PA is going to pass all over the cougars must don't know about Edwin Goldsberry, he didn't play last year but the boy is a beast at FS you might know him if you check out the 5A All American Basketball Roster.   With the #1 DB and Edwin Goldsberry in coverage, you better hope PA has a running back that can carry the load because I don't see a lot of completed passes.   But then you have to worry about that 6"3 230 MLB, Ivory Joe Heard Jr.  that is averaging about 10 or 15 tackles a game.   I'm pikcing HWH to win because PA, just like a lot of people out there, is going to underestimate them and thats going to be your biggest mistake.  They goes are angry and they won't revenge from won't those ref's stole form them in the playoffs last year.

Go.Razorhogs

Quote from: ballerscoach on July 29, 2008, 03:17:21 pm
I'm pikcing HWH to win because PA, just like a lot of people out there, is going to underestimate them and thats going to be your biggest mistake.

PA is 55-12-1 under Coach Kelley. You don't succeed like that by underestimating anyone.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I've seen HWH and PA both are talented teams.  PA has beaten HWH the majority of the times but to say they are just going to blow them out this year is just crazy.  I do know where all the blowout talk is coming from but that was is in the past.  Whoever is think PA is going to win the BATTLE thats fine but to think they are going to just blow HWH out you need to go and do some homework.  HWH has three players in the top 10 players in Arkansas.  AT #1 Darius Winston  and #6 Turrell Williams and #10 Deondra Johnson.  Whoever said that PA is going to pass all over the cougars must don't know about Edwin Goldsberry, he didn't play last year but the boy is a beast at FS you might know him if you check out the 5A All American Basketball Roster.   With the #1 DB and Edwin Goldsberry in coverage, you better hope PA has a running back that can carry the load because I don't see a lot of completed passes.   But then you have to worry about that 6"3 230 MLB, Ivory Joe Heard Jr.  that is averaging about 10 or 15 tackles a game.   I'm pikcing HWH to win because PA, just like a lot of people out there, is going to underestimate them and thats going to be your biggest mistake.  They goes are angry and they won't revenge from won't those ref's stole form them in the playoffs last year.
Another fine education from HWH...............

7AFBFAN

PA is not going to complete a lot of passes??? Please put down the crack pipe and get back to work.

BusyMom

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on July 30, 2008, 09:52:34 am
I've seen HWH and PA both are talented teams.  PA has beaten HWH the majority of the times but to say they are just going to blow them out this year is just crazy.  I do know where all the blowout talk is coming from but that was is in the past.  Whoever is think PA is going to win the BATTLE thats fine but to think they are going to just blow HWH out you need to go and do some homework.  HWH has three players in the top 10 players in Arkansas.  AT #1 Darius Winston  and #6 Turrell Williams and #10 Deondra Johnson.  Whoever said that PA is going to pass all over the cougars must don't know about Edwin Goldsberry, he didn't play last year but the boy is a beast at FS you might know him if you check out the 5A All American Basketball Roster.   With the #1 DB and Edwin Goldsberry in coverage, you better hope PA has a running back that can carry the load because I don't see a lot of completed passes.   But then you have to worry about that 6"3 230 MLB, Ivory Joe Heard Jr.  that is averaging about 10 or 15 tackles a game.   I'm pikcing HWH to win because PA, just like a lot of people out there, is going to underestimate them and thats going to be your biggest mistake.  They goes are angry and they won't revenge from won't those ref's stole form them in the playoffs last year.
Another fine education from HWH...............

^^......that's just too funny.  ;D  But it's right there in black & white.....hehehehe

Jimbo Morphis

I've seen HWH and PA both are talented teams.  PA has beaten HWH the majority of the times but to say they are just going to blow them out this year is just crazy.  I do know where all the blowout talk is coming from but that was is in the past.  Whoever is think PA is going to win the BATTLE thats fine but to think they are going to just blow HWH out you need to go and do some homework.  HWH has three players in the top 10 players in Arkansas.  AT #1 Darius Winston  and #6 Turrell Williams and #10 Deondra Johnson.  Whoever said that PA is going to pass all over the cougars must don't know about Edwin Goldsberry, he didn't play last year but the boy is a beast at FS you might know him if you check out the 5A All American Basketball Roster.   With the #1 DB and Edwin Goldsberry in coverage, you better hope PA has a running back that can carry the load because I don't see a lot of completed passes.   But then you have to worry about that 6"3 230 MLB, Ivory Joe Heard Jr.  that is averaging about 10 or 15 tackles a game.   I'm pikcing HWH to win because PA, just like a lot of people out there, is going to underestimate them and thats going to be your biggest mistake.  They goes are angry and they won't revenge from won't those ref's stole form them in the playoffs last year.
they goes are angry and they won't revenge from won't those ref's stole from them in the playoffs last year????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

BusyMom

Quote from: Oldman on July 30, 2008, 09:59:59 am
they goes are angry and they won't revenge from won't those ref's stole from them in the playoffs last year????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

^........stop...stop....you are making my sides hurt.... ;D ;D

Jimbo Morphis

ballerscoach= futball coach and engrish teacher at hwh.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Oldman on July 30, 2008, 10:11:37 am
ballerscoach= futball coach and engrish teacher at hwh.
He could be the map tescher and the baseketball coach

mr.henry

i think it will be a close game but central will beat pa by 2 touchdowns go cougars.......

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: mr.henry on July 30, 2008, 02:33:00 pm
i think it will be a close game but central will beat pa by 2 touchdowns go cougars.......
At least this one spelled every word correctly.............

ppop

Wow!  Close game = 2 touchdowns!  On the bright side, if 14 points is close, I guess it's hard to get blown out!  ;D

mr.henry

so do u think da cougars will beat pa...

Maynard G Krebs

July 30, 2008, 05:01:22 pm #93 Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:31:16 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: mr.henry on July 30, 2008, 02:42:53 pm
so do u think da cougars will beat pa...
No.  Despite all the hype on this thread, I believe PA will win.  I expect HWH to be a much improved team compared to their previous two seasons.

I would be nice for this thread to become an exchange of opinions without the vitrioloc tone, veiled threats, or  pejorative remarks.

mr.henry

we got all we need for pa becuz our team has built up n we dont have any problems out of our team no attuides or no discipline problems n i think da cougars is ready for de state title n bring it back to helena\west helena go cougars.......

Father Guido

July 30, 2008, 06:07:52 pm #95 Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:09:33 pm by Father Guido
Quote from: football_head00 on July 28, 2008, 08:03:41 pm

Bring it on!

We are use to playing teams loaded with D-1 talent.  Shiloh in 06. Camden in 07.  Might as well add WHW in 08 to the list.

mr.henry

BRING IT ON PA!

We are us to playing skools number 1 n 5a but we will see on SEPT 5 at cald polk stadium......go cougars

bhsbear1

Quote from: mr.henry on July 30, 2008, 06:12:44 pm
BRING IT ON PA!

We are us to playing skools number 1 n 5a but we will see on SEPT 5 at cald polk stadium......go cougars

This has got to be a PA plant on here trying to stir up something by masquerading as a Cougar fan or one trying to stir up something by using a very poor effort at satire. 

RD™

West Helena quite possibly might be the most overrated team since some of the Osceola's.

mr.henry

NO REALLY DIS IS A COUGAR FAN......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas