• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glen Rose @ Charleston

Started by WPWells, November 25, 2016, 08:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ChucktownTiger

If Flanagan and Rowland get it going again and the D keeps pounding. Tigers head Back to their second home, WM!!!!

Also the Oline had a great game Friday. Those guys don't get much credit. They have improved every week.

Also great game by Howard on D. He has had a great year but I would say that was without a doubt his best game. That front 7 is fun to watch.

G.C21

Quote from: Glen rose sprit on November 27, 2016, 03:52:01 pm
Glen Rose wins

The other team does not win

one two three ..........G,O,M,L
oh look here comes the sprit yay. Not!!

GBattack

I agree CT!! He had an awesome game! He gets so fired up it's fun to watch. They do seem to get better and better each week... proud of them all!!

Lineman

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 27, 2016, 03:56:51 pm
If Flanagan and Rowland get it going again and the D keeps pounding. Tigers head Back to their second home, WM!!!!

Also the Oline had a great game Friday. Those guys don't get much credit. They have improved every week.

Also great game by Howard on D. He has had a great year but I would say that was without a doubt his best game. That front 7 is fun to watch.
According to the SWTR there's only 6 are the core of that D. Not 7.

The Dynasty

November 27, 2016, 05:11:44 pm #54 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:08:21 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: Lineman on November 27, 2016, 04:51:26 pm
According to the SWTR there's only 6 are the core of that D. Not 7.

11 STRONG!!!!

SR30

November 27, 2016, 05:50:59 pm #55 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:59:52 pm by SR30
So in all seriousness I sat and watched both the Charleston/Centerpoint game as well as the GR/Rivercrest game. IMO rivercrest was bigger, stronger, and more physical up front on both sides of the ball. However charelston for sure will be a challenge to cover in the passing game as RC does not have one. Our ends will have to play lights out and not get sucked in or it will be a foot race to the end zone. I don't think it will be a blow out for either team.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 05:50:59 pm
So in all seriousness I sat and watched both the Charleston/Centerpoint game as well as the GR/Rivercrest game. IMO rivercrest was bigger, stronger, and more physical up front on both sides of the ball. However charelston for sure will be a challenge to cover in the passing game as RC does not have one. Our ends will have to play lights out and not get sucked in or it will be a foot race to the end zone. I don't think it will be a blow out for either team.

Don't confuse being big with being physical. Glen Rose hasn't been hit like they will be Friday night.

SR30

November 27, 2016, 06:17:09 pm #57 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:31:09 pm by SR30
Are you sure about that?? Did you see any GR game in Person, have you talked to any players. Or are you basing this on your bias love for charelston and undying hate for GR..
Hey boomer, he doesn't think Prescott hits hard and plays physical from what I am reading.
And with the conference charelston plays in we all know they haven't been hit like GR will hit them.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 06:17:09 pm
Are you sure about that?? Did you see any GR game in Person, have you talked to any players. Or are you basing thus this on your bias love for charelston and undying hate for GR..
Hey boomer, he doesn't think Prescott hits hard and plays physical from what I am reading.
And with the conference charelston plays in we all know they haven't been hit like GR will hit them.

All I'm trying to tell you is teams in your conference don't play physical football like we do. Talked to some Centerpoint fans after the game about this very thing. Figures they might know since they've played all 3 teams.

At the end of the day if the Tigers don't turn it over and don't give up the big play they will win.

SR30

Funny you should say that. I've chatted with a few folks from CP that said GR shouldn't have any problem with charelston.  Guess we will have to wait until Friday night.
Truth is it doesn't matter who is more physical as long as the winning team is one more point ahead at the end of the game.

strongandsteady

You can ask anyone that Prescott and Glen Rose has played and I bet you they say they're very physical!

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 06:34:51 pm
Funny you should say that. I've chatted with a few folks from CP that said GR shouldn't have any problem with charelston.  Guess we will have to wait until Friday night.
Truth is it doesn't matter who is more physical as long as the winning team is one more point ahead at the end of the game.

Lol. No problem huh? What part of that 45-17 beat down did they miss?

You're right. We will see Friday night.

The Dynasty

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 27, 2016, 06:36:20 pm
You can ask anyone that Prescott and Glen Rose has played and I bet you they say they're very physical!

Should be a great game then. GR might have a different opinion after Friday. Seems like most teams have after we've played them.

Smackover had a 1200 yard back that was going to get 150 on us. Didn't happen.

Centerpoint was suppose to have one of the best D's and was too seasoned for Charleston because they are in the best conference in the state. Didn't happen.

SR30

I guess a good part of them did. I'll admit GR got to relaxed when we played CP. Led them 28-7 at half and just forgot to play the second half. Trust me that issue has been rectified. You keep hanging your hat on the fouke game and that problem as been rectified as well. Just ask Elkins and rivercrest. GR will not bow down to the might chucktown I can promise you that

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 27, 2016, 06:45:10 pm
I guess a good part of them did. I'll admit GR got to relaxed when we played CP. Led them 28-7 at half and just forgot to play the second half. Trust me that issue has been rectified. You keep hanging your hat on the fouke game and that problem as been rectified as well. Just ask Elkins and rivercrest. GR will not bow down to the might chucktown I can promise you that

Trust me our kids aren't expecting them to give it to us. They want Glen Roses best.

Boomer

Charleston should go ahead and order their rings. With that defense over there Fayetteville is lucky their not 3A. They would be shut down. I hear they hit so hard teams try to cancel the game!?! Same chucktown crap every dang year.... And once again we will have to make that long, boring drive to your house to shut you guys up again.... hard to hit people hard when your chasing them down from behind... gonna be a familiar view Friday. Better hang at the minimum 28 or you will lose.....

The Dynasty

Quote from: Boomer on November 27, 2016, 07:31:58 pm
Charleston should go ahead and order their rings. With that defense over there Fayetteville is lucky their not 3A. They would be shut down. I hear they hit so hard teams try to cancel the game!?! Same chucktown crap every dang year.... And once again we will have to make that long, boring drive to your house to shut you guys up again.... hard to hit people hard when your chasing them down from behind... gonna be a familiar view Friday. Better hang at the minimum 28 or you will lose.....

Heaven forbid anyone say they have a good D that doesn't come out of the 5-3A. I'm not saying we can crap down GR. I'm just saying we've shut down everyone we've played.

You better hope we are chasing you from behind because when we hit it is in fact hard.

28? If Centerpoint put up 28 on you that shouldn't be a problem for us.

Boomer

Easy Dynasty, you almost seem in your feelings

The Dynasty

Quote from: Boomer on November 27, 2016, 08:52:29 pm
Easy Dynasty, you almost seem in your feelings

English please....

Boomer

I'm not sure if anyone can break that sentence down any further for you to comprehend....

Black and Gold

Quote from: Boomer on November 27, 2016, 07:31:58 pm
Charleston should go ahead and order their rings. With that defense over there Fayetteville is lucky their not 3A. They would be shut down. I hear they hit so hard teams try to cancel the game!?! Same chucktown crap every dang year...
Couldn't have said it better myself. 

nastynice

How many times have these 2 teams faced? I was at Charleston when GR panty spanked em a few years ago. And I was at the championship game when Chuck returned the favor. So is the series tied 1-1 or are there other games I don't know about?

jay nelvin

Quote from: nastynice on November 28, 2016, 06:05:22 am
How many times have these 2 teams faced? I was at Charleston when GR panty spanked em a few years ago. And I was at the championship game when Chuck returned the favor. So is the series tied 1-1 or are there other games I don't know about?
They have played 3 times since 2000 with GR winning twice.  Not sure of any games prior to those 3.

AlumniLights

Looks like 'ol AL will be making the short trip to Alumni Field Friday. Haven't seen the Tigers play since the '14 Championship game. Haven't been back to Alumni Field since the semis that same year. Looking forward to a great game and I hope the Tigers come out with a W. As a guy who played in the '07 debacle, I sure hope the Tigers take care of business like they did in '13 at WMS. You're right nasty, it was a panty spankin, but that tiger team over achieved all year and GR was a far better squad and would have beat Charleston 99 times out of a 100. If not every time. I'm a guy who can respect a program that had continued success like GR with the exception of '14. I know Charleston people get on here and toot their horn, but that is how anybody with the success like they (we) have had does. People envy it, but its just not deniable. We can sit here and dog coaches, players, etc, but let me tell you, it doesn't matter whether the kids play for chuck, GR or JC Westside, it's the time of their lives and they go out there and play for everything they've worked for all their lives, to be the best they can be and have fun with their brothers. Safe travels to GR Friday, it's always a heck of an atmosphere when the Beavers and Tigers square off. I look forward to a big crowd  and an electric atmosphere at Alumni Field Friday.
CT and Dynasty, looking forward to seeing you old Charleston heads as well!

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: AlumniLights on November 28, 2016, 07:16:17 am
Looks like 'ol AL will be making the short trip to Alumni Field Friday. Haven't seen the Tigers play since the '14 Championship game. Haven't been back to Alumni Field since the semis that same year. Looking forward to a great game and I hope the Tigers come out with a W. As a guy who played in the '07 debacle, I sure hope the Tigers take care of business like they did in '13 at WMS. You're right nasty, it was a panty spankin, but that tiger team over achieved all year and GR was a far better squad and would have beat Charleston 99 times out of a 100. If not every time. I'm a guy who can respect a program that had continued success like GR with the exception of '14. I know Charleston people get on here and toot their horn, but that is how anybody with the success like they (we) have had does. People envy it, but its just not deniable. We can sit here and dog coaches, players, etc, but let me tell you, it doesn't matter whether the kids play for chuck, GR or JC Westside, it's the time of their lives and they go out there and play for everything they've worked for all their lives, to be the best they can be and have fun with their brothers. Safe travels to GR Friday, it's always a heck of an atmosphere when the Beavers and Tigers square off. I look forward to a big crowd  and an electric atmosphere at Alumni Field Friday.
CT and Dynasty, looking forward to seeing you old Charleston heads as well!

Great post, see ya Friday night in Gods Country! Hopefully you're not letting adapted babysit for you.

ChucktownTiger

Friday can't get here soon enough. I hope GR brings the crown CP did. It's always more fun when the other side is full and loud.

Boomer

We travel as well as anybody. There won't be enough seats even at the very nice Alumni field. It's gonna be loud and rowdy. This rivalry will always have that from these fan bases I'm sure

Boomer

Quote from: nastynice on November 28, 2016, 06:05:22 am
The year before the championship game they played in the quarters with Glen Rose pulling it out in the end. So two blowouts for each and a squeaker for Glen Rose. I don't believe there was ever a meeting before 07.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Boomer on November 28, 2016, 08:47:09 am
The year before the championship game they played in the quarters with Glen Rose pulling it out in the end. So two blowouts for each and a squeaker for Glen Rose. I don't believe there was ever a meeting before 07.

I think you are correct.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Boomer on November 28, 2016, 08:18:48 am
We travel as well as anybody. There won't be enough seats even at the very nice Alumni field. It's gonna be loud and rowdy. This rivalry will always have that from these fan bases I'm sure

Luckily we have pretty good visitor seating. Should be a good crowd for the fact that there's not many games left in the state. Should be High School Football at its best.

The Dynasty

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 28, 2016, 09:34:29 am
Luckily we have pretty good visitor seating. Should be a good crowd for the fact that there's not many games left in the state. Should be High School Football at its best.

Only game going on in the area Friday night.

Mister Fister

I sat down to some breakfast this morning, dropped a little Elijah Craig 23 in my OJ. (You should try some).   So there I sat with some eggs, pancakes,& sausage and I got to thinking to myself.   I said "self you should send Glen Rose a complimentary package".  So I jumped up and gathered up a few items.

1. A fuel card to fill up your bus. 

2. A couple of cases of Kleenex brand tissues.

3. A dozen 1st aid kits

Go ahead and come up here on Fister's dollar, there should be enough Kleenex for each fan to cry away their sorrows.
Last but not least a few 1st aid kits for the team after this defense gets after them they will need them. 

Plus look on the bright side come Saturday you can say" well at least the only two teams to beat us are playing @ WMS!!

SR30

Love over confident fans... our boys feed off of it

Longfellow

I thought they fed off of the idiocy that is your head coach

SR30

November 28, 2016, 10:54:28 am #84 Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 10:57:19 am by SR30
Lol personal attacks on kehner is what charelston faithful are know for. That's all you have in life to hang your hat on. You can count on it yearly. They are fascinated with personal attacks yet don't let anyone from GR say anything negative.

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 10:54:28 am
Lol personal attacks on kehner is what charelston faithful are know for. That's all you have in life to hang your hat on.

Longfellow isn't from Charleston and Mr. Fister is our version of Glen Rose Spirit. Take that for what it's worth.

adaptedtigerfan

From what I saw in 13..  I'd say they do feed off of him.

SR30

Wasn't just him I am referring to. You yourself have resorted to personal attacks

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 10:58:15 am
Wasn't just him I am referring to. You yourself have resorted to personal attacks

He brings it on himself.

SR30

So it makes you the bigger person to personally attack him?

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 11:11:49 am

Attack is a strong word. I'm not hurting him in anyway. I'm giving my own opinion of him, which coincides with the same opinions many others have of him. But you know what opinions are like....

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 11:11:49 am

Just calling him out. If the shoe fits. The rest of the staff seem to fit right in with the head man as well.

ToughGuy91

Should be a real blood match, 2 great teams battling to make it to the rock! Real excited to see the outcome of this game!

SR30

And trashing him, the coaching staff and fans pertains to the game how? Or is it just am excuse to talk about him

The Dynasty

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 11:33:49 am
And trashing him, the coaching staff and fans pertains to the game how? Or is it just am excuse to talk about him

How does attacking my banjo playing and making fun of the small shack I live in pertain to football?

Are you one of those little boys that can dish it out but can't take it?

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: SR30 on November 28, 2016, 11:33:49 am

In here, yea, it's something to talk about

GBattack

I know the defensive player of the game and the offensive player of the game in Friday's win over Centerpoint went out with the rest of the boys to celebrate Friday night at BWW's... I heard some of the girls they were with complaining afterward about how all they did was watch Glen Rose film during their dinner. I have to make both of my boys put their tablets away or they won't sleep...all they do is watch film... They are zoned in and they want it bad... This week is going to drag...

ChucktownTiger

These guys have been waiting on this for a long time. They will be locked in. I've never seen a group of guys so focused and on task. You can't replace the leadership
this team has. This is one heck of a group of seniors. You'll see that Friday night.

strongandsteady

With all the technology these kids are exposed to nowadays all I see is them watching film!

reddiefoozball

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on November 28, 2016, 11:20:20 am
Just calling him out. If the shoe fits. The rest of the staff seem to fit right in with the head man as well.

feel free to call him out when he gets off the bus friday night, I'm sure he would love to talk with you. other than that, lets talk about the game and let the kids decide the turnout.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas