• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2018 (see 1st post for current)

Started by epotts, February 15, 2018, 09:12:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Informant

no mascot

royalhoops

AAEA job site lists Wonderview girls open. Anyone know where Simon is heading?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: royalhoops on June 13, 2018, 05:27:51 pm
AAEA job site lists Wonderview girls open. Anyone know where Simon is heading?
he got Vilonia boys job

marksman

Any updates on Malvern boys or Bismarck girls?

PapaHog

HorseFeathers

Adam Brothers to Deer Girls....Formerly the girls HC at Eureka Springs

LeftyWorld

HorseFeathers

Jerry Thomason, new girls coach at Valley springs

Bergman1820

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 22, 2018, 08:20:03 am
Adam Brothers to Deer Girls....Formerly the girls HC at Eureka Springs

Good luck with that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bergman1820 on June 23, 2018, 06:28:10 pm
Good luck with that.

May find more success than he's had at Eureka Springs...and he's a bit closer to his kid at ATU.(That's what I was told anyway about why he'd leave NWA for Deer)

Bogeytrain

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 23, 2018, 07:19:41 pm
May find more success than he's had at Eureka Springs...and he's a bit closer to his kid at ATU.(That's what I was told anyway about why he'd leave NWA for Deer)

Let's clear the air on why Brothers would leave Eureka Springs for Deer. He was reassigned; plain and simple. Just like he has at 2 previous jobs. Yes, you guys are getting a coach that has been ran off by at least 3 schools.

He was brought in to the principals office the day after the boys finished their season and was told straight up that he would no longer be the girls basketball coach. It's has ZERO to do with his daughter being at ATU. Don't let him lie to you.

It won't take you all long to see why he can't keep a job. Because he's terrible. Might be the worst basketball coach that's ever been given a job. He won't teach fundamentals (he'll tell the parents that's your job). I would bet every penny I have, that his first practice at Deer will be teaching everyone to jack up 3's (with terrible form) and 5 on 0 dry offense. As a matter of fact, that's all he'll ever teach. He'll never teach a minute of defense, or fundamentals, or anything other than jacking 3's and set plays he finds on the Internet.

Don't mean to run the man down, because I know he reads this, but the truth is the truth. You got the bottom of the barrel.

HorseFeathers

I'm from Hector..other guy is from Bergman. Was just repeating the line a guy from Pottsville told me as to why someone would want out of what looks like a bad situation in NWA(eureka springs). And from what I seen of the deer girls last year, it'll be about what they had anyway out of their last coach.

Bogeytrain

The situation is bad there because of embarrassing coaching by the former Adam Brothers. Next guy is going to be a hero because he has a chance to take them to regionals.

HoopKing

Midland boys filled by Ryan Johnson. He was assistant at Carlisle.

brock

Quote from: Bogeytrain on June 25, 2018, 04:01:06 pm
The situation is bad there because of embarrassing coaching by the former Adam Brothers. Next guy is going to be a hero because he has a chance to take them to regionals.

A question I would have is "have their girls ever been relevant"? I can't recall their girls ever having much success. I also wouldn't say someone is a hero just because they make regionals.

Bogeytrain

Quote from: brock on June 26, 2018, 07:20:08 am
A question I would have is "have their girls ever been relevant"? I can't recall their girls ever having much success. I also wouldn't say someone is a hero just because they make regionals.

So since they haven't had much success, then the people of Eureka should settle for being embarrassed every night? Come on, man. There is a really good group of girls there right now. Wining 17 or 18 games this year won't be out of the question.

And I say hero because the fans and the kids are STARVING to have some success. Getting to regionals this year with the entire team back next year (there won't be any seniors this year) will be a HUGE success.

brock

Quote from: Bogeytrain on June 26, 2018, 10:28:59 am
So since they haven't had much success, then the people of Eureka should settle for being embarrassed every night? Come on, man. There is a really good group of girls there right now. Wining 17 or 18 games this year won't be out of the question.

And I say hero because the fans and the kids are STARVING to have some success. Getting to regionals this year with the entire team back next year (there won't be any seniors this year) will be a HUGE success.

I'm not saying you shouldn't expect and desire success. I am also very unaware of your team/kids, but I don't immediately place blame on the coach. There are usually a variety of factors that lead to some teams/schools lacking success and isn't always on the coach. I am also unfamiliar with your departing coach as well, I just try to make an unbiased opinion.

HorseFeathers

SCHawg

I don't know anything about the Eureka coach but how does anyone get hired with that record?

Moonshiner

Quote from: SCHawg on July 02, 2018, 10:37:24 am
I don't know anything about the Eureka coach but how does anyone get hired with that record?

Maybe you should've applied?

Bogeytrain

Quote from: SCHawg on July 02, 2018, 10:37:24 am

You mean a guy that won about 12 games in 4 years? He has a son that's going to be a senior. That's the ONLY reason they hired a pathetic coach. Oh, and by the way, the kid won't help them even a little.

HorseFeathers

Kinda amazing what people will say where they hide behind a screen and a fake name isn't it..

Moonshiner

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 04, 2018, 12:31:46 pm
Kinda amazing what people will say where they hide behind a screen and a fake name isn't it..

Very true.

Shooter79

Coach Adam Brothers is a stand up guy from all I have ever seen or heard. I know he had to win more than 12 games in 4 years since he had a winning season with his jr high a few years ago. From what I remember Eureka has always had terrible girls teams & he has got about all he could out of what he's had. I remember at his past schools he has had some good teams that could flat play ball. Maybe the new coach will have more success since he's a home town boy & won't have kids out & hurt all the time. I've never seen teams to have the range to shoot from so far back other then his bad form or not. If his son is anything like his daughter then he'll be an asset to any team. I don't blame the guy for leaving after seeing all the crap being said about him. I would say Deer is lucky to have him.

Head Lion

HorseFeathers

Piggott girls hired Laura Brantley per the Piggott athletic Facebook oage

PapaHog

I'm a little late to this, but a coaches record doesn't always indicate their ability to coach. There are a lot of bad coaches with good teams and a lot of good coaches with bad teams. Knowledge of the game. Relationships with your athletes. Etc. those things don't always show up on the record. I don't know the coach at hand here, but to sit there on your keyboard and question a hire simply based on coaching record is asinine in my opinion.

old.dole

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Head Lion

Took a job in Florida where his sisters are & he went in jr hi. Good opportunity that he just couldn't pass up.

BigLion10

Can you blame him for leaving Rivervrest for Florida

HorseFeathers

Chris Brantley is the new boys HC at piggott

Informant

Billy Murray was let go from Earle allegedly for something non-basketball related.  Earle is now looking for a coach, although don't expect to see this posted anywhere. 

I'm hearing that Hunter Robinson from Harrisburg is the new boys coach at Rivercrest.  If this is true, this is in no way an upgrade for them.  Seems as if Harrisburg will be open now.  They will most likely take the cheapest option available for all you young guns out there. 

neahoopfan10

Quote from: Informant on July 10, 2018, 09:34:01 am
Billy Murray was let go from Earle allegedly for something non-basketball related.  Earle is now looking for a coach, although don't expect to see this posted anywhere. 

I'm hearing that Hunter Robinson from Harrisburg is the new boys coach at Rivercrest.  If this is true, this is in no way an upgrade for them.  Seems as if Harrisburg will be open now.  They will most likely take the cheapest option available for all you young guns out there.
Not a upgrade ?  Coach Robinson beat them 2 times last yr so ....

Informant

Quote from: neahoopfan10 on July 10, 2018, 09:42:43 am
Not a upgrade ?  Coach Robinson beat them 2 times last yr so ....

O I forgot about that.  Yes that makes him an obvious upgrade.  He also beat Gosnell, so he should be better than Glintborg.  And he beat Riverside so he must be better than Buster campbell, but then again he also lost to them when they had one of the worst seasons in awhile.  He also beat Bay a couple years ago so lets give him the nod over Brad Brannen.  Ummm.... NO.

Rivercrest could have had Billy Murray.... 5 or 6 rings including the last 3?

NO... They went after Hunter Robinson because he does not have the ability or resume to stand up to the football program.  He will lose many key players to football and will do nothing about it.  He is in no way an upgrade to Ashabranner.  At best he is exactly the same. 

And before you go off about Earle has great athletes, thats why they won so many titles.  You'd be right because plays dont work, players work.  Just like players from Harrisburg beat Rivercrest twice.... NOT Coach Robinson.

Harrisburg has an opportunity to make MAJOR improvements on their basketball program if they so choose. 

Missco

Wow,  you are correct. Robinson is not an upgrade. Can't believe they passed on Billy M.

OB11

Quote from: Informant on July 10, 2018, 01:25:38 pm
O I forgot about that.  Yes that makes him an obvious upgrade.  He also beat Gosnell, so he should be better than Glintborg.  And he beat Riverside so he must be better than Buster campbell, but then again he also lost to them when they had one of the worst seasons in awhile.  He also beat Bay a couple years ago so lets give him the nod over Brad Brannen.  Ummm.... NO.

Rivercrest could have had Billy Murray.... 5 or 6 rings including the last 3?

NO... They went after Hunter Robinson because he does not have the ability or resume to stand up to the football program.  He will lose many key players to football and will do nothing about it.  He is in no way an upgrade to Ashabranner.  At best he is exactly the same. 

And before you go off about Earle has great athletes, thats why they won so many titles.  You'd be right because plays dont work, players work.  Just like players from Harrisburg beat Rivercrest twice.... NOT Coach Robinson.

Harrisburg has an opportunity to make MAJOR improvements on their basketball program if they so choose.

Not sure why he would have to "stand up" to the football program. Rivercrest has always done a good job of promoting that kids play multiple sports. And the new Rivercrest head was a long time basketball assistant and head coach there. He will not pull kids away from the basketball program to only play football.

Now...if you're saying the new guy won't be a big enough name to pull kids to the basketball program that might not otherwise play, that may be true. But I don't know anything about the guy.

Missco

I was wondering if the new Manila girls coach has started. I think she did July 1. How is practice going , Cotton Hog.?

STORM

I thought I read few weeks ago from Cotton Hog this was the best hire Manila has made in a while! July 11, NO SHOW so far. I hope it works out but track record indicates she might not have changed.

NEABallftw

Good get for Midland,still don't know why he left Abundant Life, he was about to be given the keys to the kingdom over there had he been patient for a year. 

Quote from: HoopKing on June 25, 2018, 04:16:06 pm
Midland boys filled by Ryan Johnson. He was assistant at Carlisle.

NEABallftw

That'll be a tough job because they don't have much of anything on boys side and not much coming up either.  The last two coaches really set it up as a crappy situation for whoever takes it.

Quote from: B.G. on June 07, 2018, 04:14:00 pm
Heard Carlisle Boys were interviewing.

cotton hog

First two days of practice have been good. It's been a shock to the girls system, but the girls seem receptive. Lots of work to do

brock

If it's this late in the summer and you are just now practicing, I'd imagine anything would be a shock to your system ha!

STORM

Hope it works out, will set the culture for the under classmen on how to prepare for lady Lion Basketball.

bbishop

Quote from: JagHog on July 17, 2018, 05:30:23 pm
Good get for Midland,still don't know why he left Abundant Life, he was about to be given the keys to the kingdom over there had he been patient for a year. 

Several teachers/coaches jumped ship at Abundant Life.  The Superintendent was fired about 6 weeks before school was out.  The High School principal took a new job. No one knew what the job situations would be this year.  Overall, the school is in a pretty bad place as of last year.  New hires have been made, but it was made clear major changes were coming to the school.  They have lost several families and staff members.  My guess would be he left due to all the uncertainty.

HorseFeathers

As small as Abundant Life's enrollment is, a major shakeup might put the schools future in danger

NEABallftw

I heard about the shake up from one of the parents, didn't know it would be as drastic as it's been for them. It's been a tough last 10-12 years for them.
Quote from: bbishop on July 20, 2018, 08:20:23 am
Several teachers/coaches jumped ship at Abundant Life.  The Superintendent was fired about 6 weeks before school was out.  The High School principal took a new job. No one knew what the job situations would be this year.  Overall, the school is in a pretty bad place as of last year.  New hires have been made, but it was made clear major changes were coming to the school.  They have lost several families and staff members.  My guess would be he left due to all the uncertainty.

Bondfan4ever

I believe the new Head of Abundant Life had formerly been at Conway Christian.  The school is now called Abundant Life Christian Academy, I believe.  Hopefully, things will stabilize for them.  Aren't they 2A?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas